• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orange Islands

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Just released Beta 3.3 of this hack with some more improved graphics and bugfixes (Most importantly traded Pokemon will obey now, when you have the appriopriate badges). The IPS patch can be downloaded from the main post.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Does this require fire red 1.0? Tried to use a 1.1 and it wouldn't work so i cant find 1.0

Years
  • Seen yesterday
@c4201162

Every romhacker using Fire Red uses Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels), unless stated differently.

Last edited:

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
I don't often post here anymore but I found this hack and I have to say that I'm VERY impressed (I'm not easily impressed!). This hack is VERY well-made. Kalarie, I implore you not to stop developing this hack, it's awesome and I'd love to see it succeed.

I did find one issue, though - the trading room is broken. If you step onto the chair that starts a trade, nothing happens.

Fear not, though! I used to be a real Firered hack veteran back in the day and I still have enough skills to develop a fix for it. Here's an IPS patch that fixes the trade bug:

****Make sure you patch Orange Islands v3.3 and NOT a vanilla Firered ROM*****

Geeky explanation of the fix: I opened up a vanilla Firered ROM and copied the script offset for the trade chair rooms and just made a new script in the Orange Islands v3.3 ROM that uses the same code.

Strangely, in this fixed Orange Islands patch, Ash doesn't look left or right when you sit in the chair...but the trading functionality does work, I tried it today.

(yes this fix will be outdated in v3.4 if a proper fix isn't done but if that happens and someone does still need the trade functionality, I can just make a new fix relatively quickly if someone wants it)

Attachments

• Pokemon Orange Islands b3.3 - Trade Fix.ips
    41 bytes · Views: 1
Years
  • Seen yesterday
@TheDon

Thanks for the compliment;)

Concerning the trading room: I did not actually add the scripts in that room yet (Because I heard JPAN's engine messes it up). I'm happy that you tried it out though, because now I know that it's fixable. Apparently JPAN's engine doesn't mess it up then:)

I'm not going to release a new Beta 3(.4) though, the next version I'll release will have a completed main storyline. I'll include fixed trading rooms among that release then.

Hope this clarifies;)

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
@TheDon

Thanks for the compliment;)

Concerning the trading room: I did not actually add the scripts in that room yet (Because I heard JPAN's engine messes it up). I'm happy that you tried it out though, because now I know that it's fixable. Apparently JPAN's engine doesn't mess it up then:)

I'm not going to release a new Beta 3(.4) though, the next version I'll release will have a completed main storyline. I'll include fixed trading rooms among that release then.

Hope this clarifies;)
Good to hear that beta 4 will feature the complete main storyline. Good luck with this hack and take your time

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2018
after finishinf crystal cave, going surf to next island and come to some whirpooles, and after passing whirpools, no way to enter island? route e to pinkan island....im stuck

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
@peca

Talk to the old lady in Sunburst's Pokemon Center, she'll give you a hint;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2018
yes, gone and took climbing kit....but wherr climbe with it heh

got climb kit, but where use it please?
not same as in ash gray ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hi all,

The official release of Beta 4.0 of Pokemon Orange Islands is here! You'll be able to play a little further than the fourth gym on Kumquat Island. As far as I know it's the first Orange Islands hack that features all Orange Crew Gym Leaders!

What's new in this version:
- Improved Sprites and Tiles I was not happy about
- Link Trading and Battling will be available
- New islands, towns and routes
- More Pokemon will be catchable
- Plenty of Anime-Based Events
- In general more polish!

Even though your save files will be fairly compatible with this new version, I would encourage you to start from scratch. That way I will know I didn't accidently overwrote something important. Plus in the new Beta the national dex will not be given at the start of the game.

The IPS patch can be found in the main post of this thread. And I'll say it again, even if you find the tiniest bugs/glitches not mentioned in the BUGS section don't hesitate to reply here or give me a message.

Enjoy!

Years
Hey I post walkthrough gameplays of your game and am so grateful to you cause that kick-started my YT channel ! Thank you for your continuous work on this game very much appreciate it!

Also many people keep asking me when will it be updated! So now I have an answer??????

Also there is a mistake that I pointed out in my latest part of the series (ep 10: https://youtu.be/6Sj1TKlldLE ) it is that the single quote mark (') is wrong in one of the climber's dialogue who has a onix where the nurse joy looks a bit different (the brown skin one). Also would be very happy if you could support my channel and series BTW channel's name is Ad-guy1 ! Would be so happy if you commented there ?????? and again thanks for such a wonderful game!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
@Solidsmeagol
Thanks;)

@Nicko236
Thanks, a new update will take some time again though;)

@Ad-guy1
It's my pleasure;)

@Inner Rhymes
Glad you like it;)

Back