• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Wow, this looks really awesome.
The whole idea of a scoring system looks sweet.

I'll definitely play when this comes out.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Just wanted to give everyone an update:
I am still working on the tilesets/maps. I finally got in a few more tilesets this weekend, so my current work is designing the layouts for the maps that will be using that tileset. I won't be updating the website weekly, but I can try to post updates in this thread as often as I can!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks Syndrome. For an update: I have finished all of the new tilesets (20), which is a result of devamping, using tiles from other games, tiles made by spriters at wayofthepixel, and some poor tiles created by myself.

No screenshots at the moments, I still have to finish designing maps that use the last of these tilesets, which is roughly 30.

My steps after that are to finish all of the trainer, mart, and wild pokemon information. Then I move on to scripting again (items, hms, and other goodies)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
This past week I have focused on adding some more 'new screens' into the game. I will get screenshots out soon, I promise.

I've also brainstorming some more about what I can do to make this game unique. I've decided that I WILL be adding in new types and attacks. The final amount of new types will be 25 (and some of these types have not been found in other pokemon games/hacks, to my knowledge)

I also created some other new features that will directly affect a Pokemon's performance in battle. The number of new planned items is now up to 43! (Some items were removed, as well)

There's a long road ahead, but I'm still chugging along (still have to finish the maps, I keep getting sidetracked by more exciting endeavours)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
You are going to need to get some new screenshots soon. We have had a rule change and ou now need 6 significantly edited screenshots of the overworld qualify for Progressing Hacks. Your hack currently has 1.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
You are going to need to get some new screenshots soon. We have had a rule change and ou now need 6 significantly edited screenshots of the overworld qualify for Progressing Hacks. Your hack currently has 1.
That's seems like a strange rule to me. This is clearly a progressing hack that has a ton of cool stuff going on in it. Also, what if someone was working on a hack that didn't have a traditional "overworld"?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new screenshots as always! I love the progression of this hack, pokeglitch. Are you going to release any info about the new types and how they affect each other? It might be cool to have types that are something like .25x effective or 3x effective against each other if you're going to add a bunch of new types.

Years
That's seems like a strange rule to me. This is clearly a progressing hack that has a ton of cool stuff going on in it. Also, what if someone was working on a hack that didn't have a traditional "overworld"?
Those hacks belong in the Sideshow Showcase.

This definitely does intrigue me, though. Seeing as the Hard Mode feature already includes a lot of the features of the Nuzlocke challenge, why not fully incorporate the other rules of that playstyle, such as limiting the capture of Pokémon to the first encounter of each route? That would be enjoyed by many, I feel, even if it is not a part of the Hard Mode, but as a separate, third difficulty. Just an idea.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023

I'm going to have to agree with ShantyTown. Screenshots of the overworld don't show much, in fact it is probably the simplest visual change there is and requires no additional programming. Regardless, I'll put some up because I know most people only browse threads for screenshots anyway. I won't be able to until Sunday, though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new screenshots as always! I love the progression of this hack, pokeglitch. Are you going to release any info about the new types and how they affect each other? It might be cool to have types that are something like .25x effective or 3x effective against each other if you're going to add a bunch of new types.

Thanks. I will definitely release the new types and how they affect each other. I typically like to keep a lot of my changes secret, so the players would get to experience some surprises while they play, but new types will affect people's decisions (and is something I would like to get feedback on) so it will be announced once I get them in.

And dammit, I literally just finished the new type chart when I read this. Having 1/4x and 3x damage is a great idea... Now I'll have to think about it to see if it should be changed!

This definitely does intrigue me, though. Seeing as the Hard Mode feature already includes a lot of the features of the Nuzlocke challenge, why not fully incorporate the other rules of that playstyle, such as limiting the capture of Pokémon to the first encounter of each route? That would be enjoyed by many, I feel, even if it is not a part of the Hard Mode, but as a separate, third difficulty. Just an idea.

I have considered it. I personally was never a fan of the full Nuzlocke rules, but if it keep people interested in game I might add it as a game option (along with battle type/battle anim/text speed) thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Finally got around to updating the website and getting some screenshots for you all.

For starters, I have implemented a Day/Night system, which can be seen in these screenshots here:

bO68MIq.png
hmWzWgH.png

Some pokemon will only come out during the day, and some only at night. Similarly, some events will depend on the time of day as well. I will also have other uses for this, but they have not been added yet.

All 20 tilesets in this game are completely new, below you can see a few (actually, only 3 tilesets are shown, the PokeCenter and Mart share a tileset)

uyBs2Qx.png
xSxaxPd.png
pv3Ucdr.png
uKh6VAW.png

And finally, here is the town map. I wanted to try something new, so I stepped away from the in-game town map tiles and added in some of my own, to easily identify significant features of Aster. Also, I added the Map to the start menu, so there is no need to dig through your item list to use it!

FpcOrh8.png

Check out the Map on www.poketre.com to see all of the location names (and in the future, you will be able to click on them to find out about landmarks, mayors, and wild pokemon in that area)

As of late, I've ventured away from the map making (just briefly) to work on updating the title screen. Check out the screenshots below:
5R7A1Yr.png
u72GsNs.png

The background is a modification of a drawing made by LeeJamieson over at deviantart

Let me know what you all think!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Cool. I like what you've done with the titlescreen, it looks great! :)

My only issue is the player's sideways overworld sprite. The body and head especially look too small, especially when compared to the other overworlds.

Also, do you think we could see some events in action?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks! I wish I could say I drew it myself, but it was originally drawn by leejamieson at deviant art.

As for the James sprite, you are right, his head does look a little disproportionate, I guess I was just used to seeing it. I will see if i can pretty him up.

A lot of the exciting scripts that I've worked on have not been announced yet, but I can show some videos of the battle screen and item menu! I'll include that in my next update.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Here's an update for this week:

I have been working on some more screens the past few days (and other features that are still unannounced), but don't have any screenshots this time around. My checklist for the new screens is dwindling, so I can get back to mapping early next month.

Just so you don't leave empty handed, here is a new feature that I plan on adding: Since you are working for Giovanni, it is only reasonable that you can earn a paycheck. I plan on having you report in to Gio every few days to report your progress.

You will receive your paycheck if you meet his schedule, but receive nothing if you do not. If you are ahead of schedule, you get a nice bonus. But if you miss any of the check ins, he will fine you as punishment.

That's all for now, maybe next week I'll update the town map info on my website to show the mayors and their specialties

Years
Here's an update for this week:

I have been working on some more screens the past few days (and other features that are still unannounced), but don't have any screenshots this time around. My checklist for the new screens is dwindling, so I can get back to mapping early next month.

Just so you don't leave empty handed, here is a new feature that I plan on adding: Since you are working for Giovanni, it is only reasonable that you can earn a paycheck. I plan on having you report in to Gio every few days to report your progress.

You will receive your paycheck if you meet his schedule, but receive nothing if you do not. If you are ahead of schedule, you get a nice bonus. But if you miss any of the check ins, he will fine you as punishment.

That's all for now, maybe next week I'll update the town map info on my website to show the mayors and their specialties

Ah, that seems like a really nice feature! But, if he fines me as punishment, and I don't have money to pay... What happens? You have to abandon Team Rocket and it's game over?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
If you can't afford to be fined, he'll just take the remaining money you have. The only way to lose the game is by blacking out in hard mode.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
A few years ago, I created a "complete" modification for Pokemon Red entitled Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition. I put complete in quotes because it is fully playable, but the only things that were changed were tiles, map blocks, or table entries. Now that the PokeRed disassembly exists (and I have learned assembly), I am proud to announce the sequel to the game, Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode.

The story line is simple, you play as a member of Team Rocket who reports directly to Giovanni. Help him grow Team Rockets influence on the region of Aster by completing missions and taking over cities along the way.

It's not technically a sequel, since the story line is not based upon the contents of the first game, but its the same premise (just 100x better).

Here is the website for information:
http://poketre.com

What this game will have:
New Story Line
New Gameplay Features
New Graphics
New World
New Items
New Types/Attacks

What this game won't have:
Next Gen Pokemon
Color Graphics
Public Beta

Here is the status as of 6/17/2014:
New Screens: 95%
New Sprites: 75%
New Items: 50%
New Types/Attacks: 0%
Map Layouts: 80%
Map Scripts: 10%
Trainer Data: 10%
New Features: 60% (I will go into further detail as more gets announced)
New Music: 0% (this will happen last)

Features:

Updated Screens
zyTKuSb.png
cHEhkKT.png
cSi8dYS.png
vJn1YCS.png
5R7A1Yr.png
u72GsNs.png

Updated Tilesets
Here is a preview of 3 of the 20 new tilesets:
uyBs2Qx.png
xSxaxPd.png
pv3Ucdr.png
uKh6VAW.png

Hard Mode
This game will feature a hard mode:

Hard Mode Features:
1 life for your pokemon. If they faint, they are gone for good
1 life for the player. If you black out, the game is over.
The game autosaves all pokemon stat changes, so you cannot cheat.

Normal Game Features:
The game keeps track of your win/loss/kills/ko's throughout the game.
The game also keeps track of your high score and best time.
High score is only in hard mode, best time is in normal mode.
The scoring it based on just about everything you do in the game, from updating your pokedex to evolving a pokemon to defeating a trainer.

Some screenshots:
DLixb7m.png
oY3qk60.png

*Note, these screenshots might be outdated!

Gameplay
Here are the announced gameplay feature so far:

The first is stealing pokemon. You can now steal a trainers pokemon, but you can only try once per battle! Also, some pokemon will be expecting it and won't let you.

The second is the Missions box. This box will appear at the start menu and will let you know what your mission is. This way, there are no excuses that you forgot what to do or didnt talk to the right person and are now lost.

Below are some screenshots:
gCRumbe.png
2sFLQWN.png

The second feature is Day/Night Mode. Pokemon and event will vary depending on the time of day! Check out the screenshots below:

bO68MIq.png
hmWzWgH.png

Town Map
Here is the new town map:
FpcOrh8.png

Check out the map at www.poketre.com to view the names for each location

Please post any questions or comments or suggestions (though if its anything that might be a spoiler, I won't be giving you a straight answer).

Thanks!
Cannot wait for this, it looks so promising for when it is done

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks, glad you're all excited.

I have actually gotten a lot done since the last update, but none of the features I've worked on have been announced yet.

But, I will like to announce the new types. These haven't been implemented yet, but I have everything all planned out. Of course, it's subject to change. There are 25 new types in total:

Returning types:
Fighting
Electric
Poison
Ghost
Bug
Fire
Water
Ice
Dragon

New Types:
Physical
Aero
Earth
Plant
Mind
Magic
Radio
Goo
Bone
Metal
Sound
Cosmic
Cyber
Talon
Fang
Hoof

As you can see, there is a lot of changes (and I am brainstorming ideas for attacks for all of them. I have more than enough right now but feel free to suggest any!)

The first few are just rebranding or derivatives of older types (Normal, Flying, Rock, Ground, Grass, Psychic).

The next group are fresh additions. Some are your common 'new types'. Others are completely new (to my knowledge).

You may be asking 'why are some types simply body parts?'. Well, my reasoning is this: Some types, like bug and dragon, already describe the physical characteristics of the Pokemon. Other types, like fighting, describe something that most Pokemon can do (i.e. almost all can punch or kick), but those who specialize in fighting will cause more damage.

Similarly, most Pokemon can scratch or bite, but pokemon like Scyther and Arbok are going to hurt more. These types describe how a pokemon might try to defend itself, as well.

Most pokemon will be retyped, and my next update to the website will include the new types and each types strengths and weaknesses.

Let me know what you think, feedback would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Thanks, glad you're all excited.

I have actually gotten a lot done since the last update, but none of the features I've worked on have been announced yet.

But, I will like to announce the new types. These haven't been implemented yet, but I have everything all planned out. Of course, it's subject to change. There are 25 new types in total:

Returning types:
Fighting
Electric
Poison
Ghost
Bug
Fire
Water
Ice
Dragon

New Types:
Physical
Aero
Earth
Plant
Mind
Magic
Radio
Goo
Bone
Metal
Sound
Cosmic
Cyber
Talon
Fang
Hoof

As you can see, there is a lot of changes (and I am brainstorming ideas for attacks for all of them. I have more than enough right now but feel free to suggest any!)

The first few are just rebranding or derivatives of older types (Normal, Flying, Rock, Ground, Grass, Psychic).

The next group are fresh additions. Some are your common 'new types'. Others are completely new (to my knowledge).

You may be asking 'why are some types simply body parts?'. Well, my reasoning is this: Some types, like bug and dragon, already describe the physical characteristics of the Pokemon. Other types, like fighting, describe something that most Pokemon can do (i.e. almost all can punch or kick), but those who specialize in fighting will cause more damage.

Similarly, most Pokemon can scratch or bite, but pokemon like Scyther and Arbok are going to hurt more. These types describe how a pokemon might try to defend itself, as well.

Most pokemon will be retyped, and my next update to the website will include the new types and each types strengths and weaknesses.

Let me know what you think, feedback would be appreciated.

Radio, as in radioactive? If so, I have a move idea:
Radiation
50BP
Effect-Burns or Poisons the enemy
Effect chance-50% (as in 25% Burn, 25% Poison)
15PP
Just my 2 cents! Keep it up! Looking real good!

Back