• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON VALOR Beta 1.3 (June 2, 2017)

Years
POKEMON VALOR
UPDATE (June 2nd, 2017):

Hey everyone, thank you for being so patient. I know it probably looks as if we abandoned this game, and we were forced to for a little bit. We're a two person team, recent graduates from college, and recently got our own apartments. That being said, things are pretty busy with not a lot of free time. We recently watched a youtube series that shifted our priorities a little bit. It was great to watch and laugh with someone who was playing something we created. We have been out of it for a bit so we'll have to take it a little slow at first to get back into it, but we will be back at it for sure.

This hack is about 70% done, but my partner and I have been working on it for months, so we are very serious about finishing it. One of the main areas we're lacking in is the graphic design. If anyone testing this is interested in giving us a hand, we would be beyond grateful.

INTRODUCTION:
Pokemon Valor takes place in an all new region (currently unnamed, open to suggestions). We wanted to keep the classic Pokemon journey, meaning you need all 8 badges to compete in the Pokemon league. We haven't included any ground-breaking features or fancy tiles, mostly because we don't have enough experience. However, we both code very well and can be creative when we really try!

STORY:
The story is set about 30 years after the events of Pokemon Red (or fire red). Starting in Port Fromage, the player just graduates Pokemon school when team rocket makes off with 10 new Pokemon that Professor Vine just discovered. These 10 are the missing 10 types of eeveelutions (poison, fighting, flying, etc). The player and Vine's apprentice need to travel through the various cities in the area, such as Mozzarella City and Feta Town, to get back the new discoveries, all while earning badges to be able to compete in the Pokemon league at the Gouda Plateau.

FEATURES:
All new region and scripts
10 all new eeveelutions will be added based off the types that are not
yet used for eevees
Gain XP when catch Pokemon
Remove Badge-checks for HMs
Pokeball vending machine on department store
Removed "Trade to evolve" evolutions
Only gen 1 so far..want to keep it classic
Might include gens 2-3 later on
Get running shoes and FLY early
Brand new custom hero sprite (hopefully more to be added soon)
Will be adding "Easter egg island" which will include:
Many custom trainers, including the two creators
Multiple fun and goofy easter eggs and references
Black Market where you can buy Rare Candy

KNOWN BUGS/CHANGES TO BE MADE:
Large intro sprites
Main Overworld sprites
Escape Rope bug
10 new eeveelution sprites & data...+Sylveon
Need new World map
Title screen
Made short view radii for trainers in case testers want to skip them
Bike clerk will be updated when able to get bike
Traders will be updated
Custom badges are designed, still need to be added (Big thanks to RustboroCityMafia)

Would really appreciate it if you had some time to check it out, we've been working night and day on this to make it as consistent and sharp as possible. Definitely open to suggestions, feedback, questions, anything. Just message me or reply.
Thank you for your time!

Download link Version 1.3 (Updated 6/2/2017): Dropbox link

1.3 Version updates:
Edited layouts of some towns
Added a few Routes and a town
Trading now works
Fixed bug with apprentice on route 1
Many other various bug fixes

Also it appears as though someone went ahead and started a Let's Play over on YouTube. It's over a year old and he didn't get too far but like and comment on his video and maybe we can get him to start it up again!

b9l7U5b.png

Xls8UXi.png

beDKHhf.png

rK0DqaE.png

7OEH9fn.png

jDcyddT.png

t56pyVG.png

Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Where beta ends ? The half of this will be end? Hero sprite some like liquid crystal

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Yey! A new hack! And it's already halfway done O.o

Anyways, the features seems vague, what do u mean u can get all pokemon without trading? Remove trade evolutions? Or ALL pokemon in general, as in from gen 1-6? If it's the latter are there mega evos and alternate forms and such? And does this have PSS Split, New moves and abilities?

PokemonBen

Kanto Champion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Including getting the Eveeloutions back, will the story be to take down team rocket? The maps look nice If you want a region name try Virtus which isn't the best, but it is Latin for Valor and Virtue. Also, hopefully creates a banner for this game called 'Do it for Professor Vine'.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 26, 2017
You should name the region intrepidity or temerity since valor is a synonym of courage and the best synonym of courage that can be a name of the region is bothXD

Also I will try to upload it to my channel named killaruscaXD

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Just so you're aware, hack threads need six unique screenshots but you've, presumably accidentally, included the same screenshot twice.

Dang it! Sorry, I even specifically tried not to do that. Fixing now...

Where beta ends ? The half of this will be end? Hero sprite some like liquid crystal

Yeahh, so after you beat the gym in Mozzarella city, there's no where to go because you'll have to go through a cave which we blocked off because we haven't gotten there yet. And yes, I know it's from liquid crystal...we found the sprite sheet on google and just went with it, unaware that it was already in a hack. As soon as we find a pixel artist interested in helping us out, we want to change all of the main sprites (Hero, apprentice, Vine, etc)

Anyways, the features seems vague, what do u mean u can get all pokemon without trading? Remove trade evolutions? Or ALL pokemon in general, as in from gen 1-6? If it's the latter are there mega evos and alternate forms and such? And does this have PSS Split, New moves and abilities?

Sorry, I should have been more clear and I will edit that...you were correct with the former. No trade evolutions. And we want to keep it classic and only have the first 151. We might end up doing something like Gold, where when you beat the region, you'll be able to go to a new island where will be a bunch of gen 2s and 3s. Unfortunately no PSS, moves and abilities yet...it's our first hack so we're just trying to get a feel for it, but if people want it and are willing to help us out a little, we'd be happy to implement that kind of stuff.

Including getting the Eveeloutions back, will the story be to take down team rocket?

Yup you'll have to encounter Team Rocket a few times and you'll be rewarded with an eeveelution. Also there will be different ways to retrieve them because some of their members turned against them and made off with a few of them. As for the names, I was actually thinking about something like that, that means "valor" so we'll definitely keep it in mind!

You should name the region intrepidity or temerity

Not bad! We were actually thinking about naming it something that has to do with "valor" so that might end up being the case.

Thanks for all the feedback and attention so far, everybody

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Your maps need work and it appears that you haven't made use of the tree shadows at all. You don't need fancy tiles to make your hack look good, you just need to make good use of what you have. The first town is huge for a starter town and it could easily be compressed to about half the size. All your maps seem very familiar in their structure, just a big empty space with a few houses and trees spread around randomly, maybe a body of water or a mountain here and there. It makes all the towns feel like the same thing and it's hard to tell the difference between some of them.

Years
Okay so what exactly would you suggest? Besides the tree shadow thing, which we always meant to get to, just kept putting it off then forgetting. But I mean you say the towns are big areas with houses and buildings and trees and other stuff...so I mean, isn't that what a town is? Haha got any more specific suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Okay so what exactly would you suggest? Besides the tree shadow thing, which we always meant to get to, just kept putting it off then forgetting. But I mean you say the towns are big areas with houses and buildings and trees and other stuff...so I mean, isn't that what a town is? Haha got any more specific suggestions?

Reduce the amount of empty space. Use things like trees and fences to create a "path" through the town and a structure. Look at any map in Firered and you'll see that you actually have to follow the paths, everything isn't all open and randomly placed. The only map in Firered that's bigger than your starter town is Saffron City, that should tell you something.

Years
Reduce the amount of empty space. Use things like trees and fences to create a "path" through the town and a structure. Look at any map in Firered and you'll see that you actually have to follow the paths, everything isn't all open and randomly placed. The only map in Firered that's bigger than your starter town is Saffron City, that should tell you something.

Alright, I see what you're saying. Yeah the starting town is a little large and doesn't have much structure, I'll admit, and we can definitely change it around a bit. However, I think we improved on most of our other towns (maybe with the exception of taleggio because there is a lot of empty space there too)

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years

First you could reduce the size of your font & not bold all letters plus tidy up the thread so it be easier and fun to read.
Plus, can upload a smaller picture of your screenshot..It hurts my eye

haha..ok that is just me.
Anyway,
First, you can make a good hack even without having good graphic design, for example the maps.
I can't really tell much from what i see on the screenshots, but i can see too much unneeded space and from what i see the town look like just randomly mapped to have all the needed things(house,rocks..etc). Can work better on the maps. People do enjoy playing in a hack with beautiful map/town..etc..I do at least..

Apart from that, i can't really say anything much more till i see more progress as the storyline you type is like just any normal story. So i am looking forward to see any cool twist you can come up with.

Good Luck.

Years
Just to be sure, you guys are looking through all the town maps right? I know they're not very organized in the map banks, and also not to sound like I'm complaining about the feedback, but some of the towns are very structured with paths and fences and stuff. I'll definitely agree that there are some that aren't and I'm gonna work on those. I just want to make sure you guys are looking through a lot of what we have before saying that all the towns are like that.

Plus, if many of you have specific suggestions like you would really like the pokecenter and pokemart closer to each other or there should only be X amount of streets in a town, then I would try to make that happen.

Years
So we have been working on a bunch of things such as tree shadows and we shrunk a couple cities and fixed a fly zone plus other things. I will upload an updated link soon.
If anyone else has any feedback such as wild Pokemon/trainer levels are too low/high, or there are some wrong movement permissions or typos, just please let me know!

Years
Aghh shoot, you're right. I was re sizing some towns and moving all the events around and that warp was off by 1 tile -_- Good eye though! It's all fixed now.
Thanks for the compliment! If you have any more feedback be sure to let me know

Turjo12

The King
Years
Okay.So.did you release the fixed version?The fly position of Port Fromage is wrong.And there are some movement permission error in quiet cave.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Your maps are improved, but shadows still aren't perfect. I highlighted a bunch of places in the starter town where there shouldn't be any shadows:
Spoiler:

There are some basic rules to follow when you're dealing with shadows. Don't just put them everywhere, usually they should only be used for groups of trees with more than 1 layer, and the top layer of trees shouldn't have shadows. I haven't mapped with FR tiles for a while so I could have missed a few, those were all obvious cases though.

Back