• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
As someone who loved Toxic Purple back in the day and was disappointed when it disappeared, I really enjoyed this. Looking forward to seeing where the hack goes next.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Congrats for the Hack of the Month award! You deserve it for the amount of effort you put in!

Also, really sorry to Pokemon Heiwa which actually almost won until the last minute lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Just played the first beta and loved it... would love to see where you take it from there.

Found a decent way to make money as well... the Meowth on Route 7 sometimes (5%) carry nuggets (thief ftw!) so I got some decent money which I used to get those evolutionary stones and some great balls.

Which then made it easier to beat Red when we met. So now I am swimming in money (compared to the 12 dollars I started off with haha)...

The team right now is:
Poliwhirl (Lvl 25) and soon to be poliwrath.
Vileplume (lvl 23)
Pidgeotto (lvl 29) and basically the one who managed to train up everyone else till lvl 15 atleast)
Jolteon (lvl 20)... only knows physical moves grrh.
Arcanine (lvl 32) Really wanted to see if retaliate was in the game, guess not.

Now,
1. Does it only have the firered pokes or will you be adding some as well? (Mostly the evolutions of things already in Gen I like Scizor, Magnezone, Crobat, Steelix etc)
2. Seems a bit weird that not only the PokeCenter heal my pokemon without any issues, but also that none of the people I steal from actually go and report to the police or something. I guess it's because I'm only stealing from the kids and old people currently, but maybe there could be a system later where police will look for you and battle you if you talk to them?
3. Seems we're advancing too quickly if Giovanni starts talking to you directly and knows you on a first name basis already... maybe add an intermediary who will screw up at a later date and you will take his place?
4. I see you've got some hidden abilities present in the hack. Love it. My Vileplume has effect spore (yay) and Jolteon has quick feet (boo)...
5. You can find better excuses than a fart blocking a whole route :P Two trainers battling or a beedrill attack or a landslide or even the police being there and you not wanting to get caught etc etc. It was funny though! Certainly wasn't expecting it.
6. Maybe reduce the route 7 pokemon lvls if you don't want people beating Red!
7. Did Red take both the fossils? I thought he only took 1 and the researcher took the other one.
8. Absolutely love not being harassed by Zubat every two steps into Mt Moon!
9. I quite liked my run away rattata early in the game... maybe buff his stats a bit so he can be used even later?
10. For a moment after beating Red, I thought I'd get to steal one of his pokemon... hahaha

A suggestion for still having some gym battles (as such) but outside the gyms. Fighting Misty somewhere in Cerulean for some precious item you have been asked to get and she wants as well... or trying to steal Pokemon that is chilling in the gym and the trainers try and stop you from doing that...

Either way, I'd love to see where you take the story (and what other pokemon I can steal)... And congratz for Hack of the Month!

Years
this hack looks amazing :) can't wait to try it... but I usually wait for at least beta 3 or 4 when there is like half game to play. do you know at least approximately when will beta 2 be ready? :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 29, 2016
I had to make a new account because I don't remember my 7 year old account info, I played Toxic Purple shortly after its first release, was really sad when it was abandoned, Seeing this made me happy and I HAD to play it, beating red was really fun, but took a long time with my poliwrath/rattata grinding on route 7 but was very worth it, it seems promising but getting a little too close and personal with Giovanni right off the bat seems weird

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
hey you think you can have your team rocket have signature pokemon , like how red has Pikachu ? love the content of the words...keep up the good story, hope to see some double battles in the next patch :).. you know team rocket dong fight fair hahah

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
This is one of my favorite hacks now! Keep up the good work, im super eager to play the next beta released! Until then I'm going to see if i can steal anyone elses Pokemon, and train em up! Good Luck m8.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2018
Is this finished or still not done story wise?
BTW I am working on my own Team Rocket version of Fire Red, but don't worry mine goes away from Red/Ash's time

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
Years
You'll want to make sure you're using Pokémon FireRed Version v1.0 as your ROM-base (not v1.1) -- I should probably specify that in the main post.

Yea I ran into that issue too. Didn't know that the version I got was v.1.1.

Edit: Found the correct version! Huzzah! Now onto playing the game.

Really like what you're doing with the game so far!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 15, 2020
This looks great, i played twice. I casual and one to beat Red,I sold the ppups ,the one in the flower pot and one in the bush, to buy stones and greatballs). i just noticed invisible crates (I was looking for items on b2f) I have a link but i haven't post 5 times....here is the url imgur.com/pxMS7fL
They are worried bout kids with strong pokemon, which is kind of cute

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
Just played the first beta and loved it... would love to see where you take it from there.

Found a decent way to make money as well... the Meowth on Route 7 sometimes (5%) carry nuggets (thief ftw!) so I got some decent money which I used to get those evolutionary stones and some great balls.

Which then made it easier to beat Red when we met. So now I am swimming in money (compared to the 12 dollars I started off with haha)...

The team right now is:
Poliwhirl (Lvl 25) and soon to be poliwrath.
Vileplume (lvl 23)
Pidgeotto (lvl 29) and basically the one who managed to train up everyone else till lvl 15 atleast)
Jolteon (lvl 20)... only knows physical moves grrh.
Arcanine (lvl 32) Really wanted to see if retaliate was in the game, guess not.

Now,
1. Does it only have the firered pokes or will you be adding some as well? (Mostly the evolutions of things already in Gen I like Scizor, Magnezone, Crobat, Steelix etc)
2. Seems a bit weird that not only the PokeCenter heal my pokemon without any issues, but also that none of the people I steal from actually go and report to the police or something. I guess it's because I'm only stealing from the kids and old people currently, but maybe there could be a system later where police will look for you and battle you if you talk to them?
3. Seems we're advancing too quickly if Giovanni starts talking to you directly and knows you on a first name basis already... maybe add an intermediary who will screw up at a later date and you will take his place?
4. I see you've got some hidden abilities present in the hack. Love it. My Vileplume has effect spore (yay) and Jolteon has quick feet (boo)...
5. You can find better excuses than a fart blocking a whole route :P Two trainers battling or a beedrill attack or a landslide or even the police being there and you not wanting to get caught etc etc. It was funny though! Certainly wasn't expecting it.
6. Maybe reduce the route 7 pokemon lvls if you don't want people beating Red!
7. Did Red take both the fossils? I thought he only took 1 and the researcher took the other one.
8. Absolutely love not being harassed by Zubat every two steps into Mt Moon!
9. I quite liked my run away rattata early in the game... maybe buff his stats a bit so he can be used even later?
10. For a moment after beating Red, I thought I'd get to steal one of his pokemon... hahaha

A suggestion for still having some gym battles (as such) but outside the gyms. Fighting Misty somewhere in Cerulean for some precious item you have been asked to get and she wants as well... or trying to steal Pokemon that is chilling in the gym and the trainers try and stop you from doing that...

Either way, I'd love to see where you take the story (and what other pokemon I can steal)... And congratz for Hack of the Month!
Thanks a lot, man! Glad you liked it.

It should be obvious why I won't tell you the answer to your plot-related questions, and a lot of the things you point out have been addressed earlier in the thread already. For the record, though, I've somewhat warmed to the idea of including newer evolution-traded Pokémon. It's cool to see you felt the lowered encounter rates as well-- I just thought it made everything a whole lot more comfortable.

this hack looks amazing :) can't wait to try it... but I usually wait for at least beta 3 or 4 when there is like half game to play. do you know at least approximately when will beta 2 be ready? :)
Thanks, man. My current conservative estimate is somewhere around June-- that is, with a bit of wiggle room after I'm done with finals in May. Couldn't tell you exactly, but I really will do everything I can to get it out as soon as possible. Pinky promise.
Please release a new version
I like your enthusiasm.
Is this finished or still not done story wise?
BTW I am working on my own Team Rocket version of Fire Red, but don't worry mine goes away from Red/Ash's time
Yeah, story-wise I've laid out everything as far as the main plot goes a long time ago, but my plans for sidequests and mini-arcs are a bit less structured as of now.
This looks great, i played twice. I casual and one to beat Red,I sold the ppups ,the one in the flower pot and one in the bush, to buy stones and greatballs). i just noticed invisible crates (I was looking for items on b2f) I have a link but i haven't post 5 times....here is the url imgur.com/pxMS7fL
They are worried bout kids with strong pokemon, which is kind of cute
Cheers, happy to hear it. Your bug has been noted.

drfaustfaustus

Not a real doctor
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 15, 2018
I'm really enjoying this so far. With how it's looking, I think this will probably be one of my favorite ROM hacks once it's finished.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Thanks a lot, man! Glad you liked it.

It should be obvious why I won't tell you the answer to your plot-related questions, and a lot of the things you point out have been addressed earlier in the thread already. For the record, though, I've somewhat warmed to the idea of including newer evolution-traded Pokémon. It's cool to see you felt the lowered encounter rates as well-- I just thought it made everything a whole lot more comfortable.

Goood! Hope you include them.

Also, does this have the Gen VI BST buff that mons like Clefable and Pidgeot got? Also saved up enough coins for Scyther, but won't buy it until I know Scizor's in the game :D

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
Goood! Hope you include them.

Also, does this have the Gen VI BST buff that mons like Clefable and Pidgeot got? Also saved up enough coins for Scyther, but won't buy it until I know Scizor's in the game :D

I'm assuming by BST you mean base stats? Frankly, I haven't played competitively since gen IV, so I wasn't even aware this had been changed. All base stats remain the same as they were in the original FireRed, and I haven't seen the need to change them around. Unless this is an issue a lot of people feel very passionate about, I'll probably keep it as-is.

Back