• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Nice! Looking forward to this, loved the first one. Will there be a Red-like situation like in Gold? Battling the trainer from the first Bronze Game, or both of them, would be awesome!

Well that would be spoilers now, wouldn't it? ;)

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
OMG!!!!!! Bronze is one my top 5 favorite hacks; Prism, Brown, Dark Energy, Bronze and Prototype! (It happens all of them are GBC!!) Anyways, If you need any beta testers I would be really happy to do so. Good luck pal!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Spent two looong hours coding an entire cutscene for Pokemon Bronze 2.
I think that is the last major story scene in the game I needed to code, with dialog and characters moving around a lot.

No screenshots because it'd be spoilers.

PHEWF!

Very soon I'll give the game a play through without any Pokemon to make sure every event in the main quest is aligned. I'll start work on every NPC trainer's Pokemon teams soon.

All in all I expect to finish the entire main quest in a 100% playable state within the year.

...but don't hold me to that.

Last edited:

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
I am a huge freaking fa of Bronze, I played it like 6 times, an now you are going to release a sequel AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! dude DUDE AAAAAAAAAAA

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
What's This? What's This? Pokemon Bronze 2?

Oh my wow, I didn't expect you to make a sequel at all!!

Me neither, but Pokemon Crystal disassembly made everything possible.
It was just so easy to use, even a mankey could do it.

Anyway, I played through the game without any Pokemon to make sure all the events lined up.
They do, so next step is assigning wild Pokemon and NPC parties.

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Anyway, I played through the game without any Pokemon to make sure all the events lined up.
They do, so next step is assigning wild Pokemon and NPC parties.

so...release imminent?? :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
You did state that they'll be 3 regions to traverse right? That's gonna probably take a while. Then again, I can't wait until this is complete. Take all the time you need man. Meanwhile, I'm waiting on my MicroSD Readers to arrive from Turkey since my last one up and died on me suddenly so no emulation or rom hack plays on my R4 for the meantime. They'll be here soon hopefully. Really, I need them soon as I have to back up my saves for some games I do have.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
You did state that they'll be 3 regions to traverse right? That's gonna probably take a while. Then again, I can't wait until this is complete. Take all the time you need man. Meanwhile, I'm waiting on my MicroSD Readers to arrive from Turkey since my last one up and died on me suddenly so no emulation or rom hack plays on my R4 for the meantime. They'll be here soon hopefully. Really, I need them soon as I have to back up my saves for some games I do have.

Only two regions. All I can say, is this game is going to be a double nostalgia trip.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
That's good to hear. Update on my end BTW: I got my readers today and can play games again! I just backed up some stuff and will definitely play your hack when you release it soon!

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
The first Bronze was great, and a high quality hack.
I've high expectations for this sequel <3

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Finally I hit a major snag in development.

The browser based map editor, Crowdmap for Pokemon Crystal dissassembly, no longer saves my changes in any browser I try.
If anyone has any idea what the crap is going on I'd be very grateful, because right now I can't do anything.

Don't worry though, the hack isn't in jeopardy 'cuz of this, I'm sure it will be worked out.

All fixed, movin' along!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
What's going on dev wise now that you've fixed the issues with the editor?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
What's going on dev wise now that you've fixed the issues with the editor?

Right now, I've been writing a lot of dialog for NPCs. Not a major thing to report about, but a very big part of the hack.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Will Team Racket be back in this hack or will we be dealing with new baddies?

Back