• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen May 8, 2020
Oh wow, I'm very excited at this rom hack, I think it could be the best rom hack, because the other that was beautiful had foreign language...

but, just my opinion....
<3 thx

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 2, 2020
Yo dude, I love the game so far, but the first fight is near impossible when you pick beldum :(
Also, in the 1.2.1 version (not sure about the later ones), if you start a new game while having a saved game, you will not be warped to the warehouse by Hoopa and you will never receive a pokemon. This is probably a bug, since there are sprites that don't respond, and when you get a wild encounter you get a question mark with 0 hp and you'll always black out.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 30, 2019
So, I finished playing this beta and is really an awesome game. Can't wait for the final version.

A couple of bugs that I noticed:

The doors in houses in Dresco Town glitch a little when you open them.
String Shot only lowers Speed in 1 stage instead of two like it is in later gens.
Growth raises Attack and Sp. Attack by 2 stages even in normal weather.
For some reason the trainers inside Crater Town gym have grass battle backgrounds.

Now some suggestions:
- If possible, update the experience system so that every Pokémon that enter battle receives full exp. instead of it being split up.
- Update battle effects to Gen 7 standards (Electric Pokémon immune to paralysis, Grass Pokémon immune to powders, etc...)
- Mega Evolution already on second gym and first boss battle is kinda early.
- And that trainer house in Dresco Town is a good idea but making it so you can battle them numerous times in a row makes the early game very easy in my opinion. I suggest you put a time limit on the challenges, like once a day or once every 12 hours. Would be interesting if the trainers got stronger if you came back after earning badges.

That's all. I hope you can complete this game cuz its full of potential. You have my complete support.

Last edited:

golche

Tactician of Askr
Years
So, I finished playing this beta and is really an awesome game. Can't wait for the final version.

A couple of bugs that I noticed:

The doors in houses in Dresco Town glitch a little when you open them.
String Shot only lowers Speed in 1 stage instead of two like it is in later gens.
Growth raises Attack and Sp. Attack by 2 stages even in normal weather.
For some reason the trainers inside Crater Town gym have grass battle backgrounds.

Now some suggestions:
- If possible, update the experience system so that every Pokémon that enter battle receives full exp. instead of it being split up.
- Update battle effects to Gen 7 standards (Electric Pokémon immune to paralysis, Grass Pokémon immune to powders, etc...)
- And that trainer house in Dresco Town is a good idea but making it so you can battle them numerous times in a row makes the early game very easy in my opinion. I suggest you put a time limit on the challenges, like once a day or once every 12 hours. Would be interesting if the trainers got stronger if you came back after earning badges.

String Shot and Growth have been fixed, but we haven't released those updates as a patch. The same thing goes for the battle effects you mentioned, the glitchy door animation, and the funky battle backgrounds.

Mega Evolution is only available early now as a showcase, in the final version it won't be attainable so quickly.

Thanks for your support!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 30, 2019
String Shot and Growth have been fixed, but we haven't released those updates as a patch. The same thing goes for the battle effects you mentioned, the glitchy door animation, and the funky battle backgrounds.

Mega Evolution is only available early now as a showcase, in the final version it won't be attainable so quickly.

Thanks for your support!

Oh, that's really cool. Guess I'll just wait then. Thanks for responding! ;)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Man, I just can't help but keep coming back to this thread to check for updates. Does the creator drop updates on discord? If so, can the updates be shared on the thread so we can visually keep up?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
I wanted to address a few things myself.
1. I've done that already, and will probably implement the Exp. Share for people who want an easier game experience.
2. I've been reworking some of the earlier game events so that's likely to change.
3. The trainer house allows you to battle repetitively so as not to be forced to "grind" in the wild. It's there to make it easier for people who want spend time leveling up their Pokemon. As of now the trainers don't get any stronger, however there are several similar battle facilities spread out throughout the region with stronger Pokemon to battle against.

Thank you for your support!

Man, I just can't help but keep coming back to this thread to check for updates. Does the creator drop updates on discord? If so, can the updates be shared on the thread so we can visually keep up?
I don't have the time to always make promotional material, but here are a few more gifs to keep you interested:
OH4K6sV.gif
hOohZ2Q.gif
0juLpat.gif

I've gone back and redid most of the Mr. DS base animations, so expect a fresh experience when battling!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 30, 2019
I wanted to address a few things myself.
1. I've done that already, and will probably implement the Exp. Share for people who want an easier game experience.
2. I've been reworking some of the earlier game events so that's likely to change.
3. The trainer house allows you to battle repetitively so as not to be forced to "grind" in the wild. It's there to make it easier for people who want spend time leveling up their Pokemon. As of now the trainers don't get any stronger, however there are several similar battle facilities spread out throughout the region with stronger Pokemon to battle against.

Thank you for your support!

I don't have the time to always make promotional material, but here are a few more gifs to keep you interested:
OH4K6sV.gif
hOohZ2Q.gif
0juLpat.gif

I've gone back and redid most of the Mr. DS base animations, so expect a fresh experience when battling!

Your ability to make new move animations is seriously unbelievable. Keep up with the good work! :boogie:

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 26, 2018
When I tried playing pokemon unbound in myboy emulator it started to stuck and hank my phone please what should I ddo?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Your ability to make new move animations is seriously unbelievable. Keep up with the good work! :boogie:
Thank you! Many of the animations present in the game (one being Psystrike below) were made mainly by someone who's helping me out.

When I tried playing pokemon unbound in myboy emulator it started to stuck and hank my phone please what should I ddo?
Did you patch it onto the right base rom? Fire Red Squirrels

A few more screenshots of updated and new move animations.
f5f2Gfb.gif
85up2V5.gif
0CmHosj.gif

P3IXNmL.gif
H6mWXfK.gif
s2oDvtT.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
It's an amazing game!!!! I love it!!!
Someone have the beta download link with the 6th gym badge?????

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 29, 2018
Hello!

First i would like to say congratulate you on the award, it was well deserved.

Also i have a question, is there any way that you can sort of exctract everything you've done in the demo and put on the actual rom hack? by this i mean pokemons caught, tms, hms, gyms etc.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Hello!

First i would like to say congratulate you on the award, it was well deserved.

Also i have a question, is there any way that you can sort of exctract everything you've done in the demo and put on the actual rom hack? by this i mean pokemons caught, tms, hms, gyms etc.
Thank you!

I keep records of everything and I'll be including a document with the final version.

Layla Ortiz

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Well, how did you like that?

Here is my update to the newest version.............
A D/P font for the Pokémon Unbound.

Before:
8i070qi.png

After:
H5Xt21V.png

Last edited:
Back