• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Dark Realm - Beta 3.0 release: Main Region Completed

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
Great game so far. Quick question is there no physical special split in this hack?

duchuy

- I'm Duchuy. It's me -
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 21, 2020
Looks great! Just a small thing though- it still says Beta 2 in the beginning.

I haven't updated it.

the game is completely finished ??? there is a 2nd region ??

Nearly complete. I'll add 2nd region in the next release.

I can't even get this game to work, I patched it to the mugs version of ruby and can't get to title screen. It begins normally then I get a white screen.

It's ruby version 1.1 XD. I updated the patching guide

is there mudkip in the game ??

Nope. I replaced it with alola starter. sorry :v

Great game so far. Quick question is there no physical special split in this hack?

Yeah, there is no ss split in ruby (I dont know how to do it), unfortunately

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
I remember some time ago I played the first release of this hack. But damn, You've advanced a lot. Screenshots look really good and I like how you used the DS graphics in tiles and sprites. I'll try the newest version later.

Good job!

Trainer 766

Yeah, there is no ss split in ruby (I dont know how to do it), unfortunately

There is a way to implement PSS Split in Ruby. However, doing so will break weather-based moves, hence why people stick with FRLG/EM if there's any need to add this feature.

Years
I'm to the point where I can now gun for the 5-8th gyms with a team at level 70 thanks to the in game cheats. Though I think I went overkill on the levels, but I didn't want to have issues with gigaltic.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
I doubt bout MEGA SALAMENCE bcoz i have it as my starter and also got MEGA STONE.but still my salamence is UNABLE TO MEGA EVOLVE.how shall i evolve it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
Beta 3.0 release: Main region completed

Ah I patched it and it says Beta 2 on the screen after you name your character, I just wanna make sure its the new one cause I played through the old one and really really wanna play past the last point.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I'm looking for rom hacks to play these days. Now that this hack have a completed region, I think I'll try this one later.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Wow, I must say that this is one of the most creative, far reaching hacks I have ever seen. Cannot wait to see more progress made on this. Cheers.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
beat the gym leader in the stone city, now its telling me to go back and fight the gigal gym leader again. i don't have a fly hm yet, and i don't know where to go next.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
Years
  • Age 34
  • NJ
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
does this run in visual boy advance? how do i launch the file?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
thank you for making this awesome hack this is actually one of the better ones I've played the overworld is not glitchy at all, the fakemon are good and the story so far is good the only real problem I had with it besides the English which is pretty good for someone whom I'm assuming doesn't speak it as their first language is that I had to keep checking with the guides so I knew what to do also I'm not sure if this game has a bug thread but this is a list of the bugs and other things I ran into during my playthrough so far
mudbray type is wrong I don't what type it is but it resisted grass
the wheat? is impossible to walk through unless it's from the side
delphox doesn't have a psychic typing
abomasnow's typing is wrong it's a normal type snover's typing is correct though
green force goes through protect
Emolga learns withdraw
route 6 ancient lantern has nothing in it
in the room where you find blade's soul if you collect shadow ball the whole room disappears into fog
not really important but when the game gives you the option to use a repel once yours has run out super is spelt supper
the first house in gigal village one pikachu talks like it's a human and the other is a zigzagoon with a pikachu sprite
in gigal village there is an item ball that speaks by the beach
in another house, by the beach there is a zigzagoon with a delibird sprite
there are a couple scientists in the Devon building who still talk about Pokemon even though it's in the real world
gligal village in the first house from the gym the global trade centre ladies are still there one is standing on the counter
accidentally defeated Thomas too early and now the guide is broken
the kid NPC that hands out sidequests can't be talked too
the first tree house in fall town there is an azumarill with the sprite of a psyduck
a juggler on route 14 has no text

Delta231

A noob
Years
thank you for making this awesome hack this is actually one of the better ones I've played the overworld is not glitchy at all, the fakemon are good and the story so far is good the only real problem I had with it besides the English which is pretty good for someone whom I'm assuming doesn't speak it as their first language is that I had to keep checking with the guides so I knew what to do also I'm not sure if this game has a bug thread but this is a list of the bugs and other things I ran into during my playthrough so far
mudbray type is wrong I don't what type it is but it resisted grass
the wheat? is impossible to walk through unless it's from the side
delphox doesn't have a psychic typing
abomasnow's typing is wrong it's a normal type snover's typing is correct though
green force goes through protect
Emolga learns withdraw
route 6 ancient lantern has nothing in it
in the room where you find blade's soul if you collect shadow ball the whole room disappears into fog
not really important but when the game gives you the option to use a repel once yours has run out super is spelt supper
the first house in gigal village one pikachu talks like it's a human and the other is a zigzagoon with a pikachu sprite
in gigal village there is an item ball that speaks by the beach
in another house, by the beach there is a zigzagoon with a delibird sprite
there are a couple scientists in the Devon building who still talk about Pokemon even though it's in the real world
gligal village in the first house from the gym the global trade centre ladies are still there one is standing on the counter
accidentally defeated Thomas too early and now the guide is broken
the kid NPC that hands out sidequests can't be talked too
the first tree house in fall town there is an azumarill with the sprite of a psyduck
a juggler on route 14 has no text

Thanks for the bug report. I will tell the creator about these bugs.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 19, 2020
Good game, wanna know how long u think it will take for u guys to finish the whole game, like under half a year, half a year, or 1-3 years?

Years
Wow..really enjoyed the hack with that awesome storyline till the 4th gym end. Pretty creative especially the real and virtual world portrayal and their connections. Loved the no of starters available to us, dark type starter, shinies, grinding fields etc. Not sure about the difficulty curve tho..it's pretty non linear especially from crystal cave till spider city. Plus the player iris relation and keeping the promise to restore the forest, when we catch darkrai, that was epic, really had the feels

A few doubts tho:
1. I can only seem to catch one of victini keldeo and jirachi..after that when I use the shiny stone the other 2 maps are empty
2. The scientist at Dino island who says he will trade all the fossils for a rare orb..he doesn't actually do that
3. The guide isn't updated after beating thomas
4. Is there anything to do in mist island
5. Is dive obtainable...coz at the start of the game in route two..i enterred the topmost house and I got the hm dive from an invisible Steven..I reloaded so that the event didnt happen but

Last edited:
Back