• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Crystal hack: Pokémon SpaceGold

SunakazeKun

SunakazeKun | Aurum
Years
Pok?mon SpaceGold

"Welcome to the world of Pok?mon!" ~Prof. Samuel Oak

Hello everyone! Welcome to a custom Pok?mon game based on the early 1997 Spaceworld Demo of Pok?mon Gold and Silver. After finishing my Neo Mario Galaxy project, I was unsure which game to hack next. When I discovered the leaked Spaceworld demo, I had an idea... My aim is to forge a full game using scrapped concepts to show what could have become the second generation of Pok?mon. Of course, this project is still in developement, but an introducing demo will be released very soon!

Features

- A region based on the entire country of Japan!
- Full storyline that continues the events from Red/Blue
- 253 Pok?mon, including new and never before seen kinds
- Interesting and useful new items, including a Skateboard
- Many mechanics introduced in later games (Physical/Special split, Fairy type, ...)

Screenshots
screenshots.png.04b870c18b5f8a72a38a40733134998e.png

screenshots2.png.29a8640d2e98cc7cc1e55bd011ddfbc6.png

Releases

A short demo will be released very soon!

Last edited:

Eldaryon

Now the secret final Boss of every game you know.
Years
It looks neat! Glad to see someone else trying to bring back the Spaceworld demo assets!
I trust from the screenshots that you are going for a re-implementation of the Demo, contrarily to Raw Crystal. So if you need help for the locations that are not in the Demo, I could help.

SunakazeKun

SunakazeKun | Aurum
Years
It looks neat! Glad to see someone else trying to bring back the Spaceworld demo assets!
I trust from the screenshots that you are going for a re-implementation of the Demo, contrarily to Raw Crystal. So if you need help for the locations that are not in the Demo, I could help.

Thank you! I decided to make a full game, not just adding in the Pok?mon.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
You mention new and never before seen pokemon. While I get this will include the leaked spaceworld things, I'm honestly waiting for a hack that adds in the CAPmons available on PS. Maybe not Krilowatt, but the day I get a hack where I can use Syclant is the day I can die a happy man.

Not actually die, y'know.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Woah! I like What I am seeing here. Logged in just so i could comment on this. I really like how you've implemented the sprites. Will you be adding locations such as silent hills and so on from the original Demo?

SunakazeKun

SunakazeKun | Aurum
Years
The Silent Hills were a demo exclusive location, but I'm using it to balance out some things. Every location and map from the original demo will be included; most areas have been mapped out already. It's just scripting and texting that consumes time.
I'm still looking for spriters who could recreate or simply polish some of the designs from the demo, especially Leafeon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Are you gonna use the beta Gen 1 sprites or will those be left alone? I'm playing Rangi's Blue Star now with the beta tileset and beta sprites in there and boy they are a mixed bag. Some of them aren't so pretty compared to what we got later on.

SunakazeKun

SunakazeKun | Aurum
Years
No, most sprites will be kept for existing Pok?mon. However, I'm going to reuse older sprites for Pok?mon that went under drastic design changes (namely Octillery and Jumpluff).

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Can't wait, good luck! ^^ I'm wondering how Font/Ruins of Alph will turn out considering the Hiroshima theories

Years
Amazing idea! When I first saw the spaceworld demo, I was thinking if someone would actually make that as a game. I hope the project goes fine! (:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Haha, made a thread questioning who would make this first. Good on you for picking it up and doing well with it from what I can see. I would say an easy could potentially be

Pokemon: SpaceGold

Idk, I think it'd give off the obvious title that is based off of the spaceworld demo.

However, the team that is working on the research data from the beta calls it Spaceworld so maybe Pokemon: SpaceWorld?

idk just basic suggestions

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
this looks cool. I'm excited to see what this hack will be like. cant wait to play the frst available release.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Another thing I want to know is that will there be new gym leaders, E4, and trainers or will they be the same folks from before? Also, will there be a choice of gender or just the male protagonist? If so, will it be Kris or a new female protagonist?

Back