• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+++FUDGYS TILES+++

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
[!!!!!]FUDGYS TILE(s) & CHARACTER(s)[!!!!!]

[CSS-DIV="cursor:help;color:black;background-color:#FFFF99;width: 400px; height: 1005px; font-size: 10px; text-align: right;border-top-style: solid;border-bottom-style: solid;border-left-style: solid;border-right-style: solid;border-top-width: 4px;
border-bottom-width: 4px;border-left-width: 4px;border-right-width: 4px;font-strech:extra-expanded;"]
New to pixels. Maybe some good feedback is needed, also some tips.
thanks to all who replys.

Tile Set
Spoiler:

CHARACTER(s)
Spoiler:

Other Pixels'
Spoiler:

[/CSS-DIV]

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
The tiles look pretty good. I'm not a very good tiler myself, so I can't offer many words of advice, but here goes. The Palm tree is good. The only problem I have with it is the Shadow on the ground. Make it more circular/eliptical. The first palette looks way better imo. Also, maybe add some darker lines to show sections on the trunk? I really like the Sand tile. It is a great design. Only one problem, On the map the part that forms the border between the grass and sand looks bad. It has a row of the circles all the way down it. Maybe try to space them out? I know It's hard to make a pathway tile work. Now the stair tiles aren't that wonderful imo. They just look like re-colors of Kyledove's stair tiles(althoughI could be completely wrong). I think the first grass tile is okay...The palette really disturbs me. Try to make it more of a natural color maybe? I like the second grass tile, looks like a good all-round grass tile. The Pokemon Center looks good. It's a bit small, but meh that dosen't really matter. The signposts don't appeal to me. They are jsut Re-colors of the origonal Fire Red/Leaf Green signposts. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Lightpole is a recolor too, no? Erm, I can't see the character for some reason....Over all, I think you have some talent there! Better than me anyway :P Don't make my comments drag you down, cause I could learn from them too lol! Well, BOL!

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
The tiles look pretty good. I'm not a very good tiler myself, so I can't offer many words of advice, but here goes. The Palm tree is good. The only problem I have with it is the Shadow on the ground. Make it more circular/eliptical. The first palette looks way better imo. Also, maybe add some darker lines to show sections on the trunk? I really like the Sand tile. It is a great design. Only one problem, On the map the part that forms the border between the grass and sand looks bad. It has a row of the circles all the way down it. Maybe try to space them out? I know It's hard to make a pathway tile work. Now the stair tiles aren't that wonderful imo. They just look like re-colors of Kyledove's stair tiles(althoughI could be completely wrong). I think the first grass tile is okay...The palette really disturbs me. Try to make it more of a natural color maybe? I like the second grass tile, looks like a good all-round grass tile. The Pokemon Center looks good. It's a bit small, but meh that dosen't really matter. The signposts don't appeal to me. They are jsut Re-colors of the origonal Fire Red/Leaf Green signposts. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Lightpole is a recolor too, no? Erm, I can't see the character for some reason....Over all, I think you have some talent there! Better than me anyway :P Don't make my comments drag you down, cause I could learn from them too lol! Well, BOL!

thnx, yes the sign's and lightpost's are just recolors because i didnt really feel like making my own, but i will try to make my own, and the the stairs are not recolors of kyledoves stair tiles, but are suppose to be like the original sinnoh tileset, i just edited the outside of the stair tile, and used my actual stair tile (meaning hte middle is custom and the outside is edited/custom). the first tree does have a better pallet because its suppose to be in the map, the darker ones were used to be boarders around it (idk just thought it would change the whole concept, so it look sbetter by making it darker) but yes, so i made the natural grass to go with the darker tree, and the lighter grass to go with the lighter tree (used same pallets)

thanks for the tips, ill try to get some more up today.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
AWSHOME!!!!

I'm not a good judge of tiles, but even I know those are pretty good :D

Erm, I can't see the character for some reason.

Yeah, me too :(. Man, that's disappointing, as character sprites are some of the most interesting things to look at.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
AWSHOME!!!!

I'm not a good judge of tiles, but even I know those are pretty good :D

Yeah, me too :(. Man, that's disappointing, as character sprites are some of the most interesting things to look at.

oh well i will try to re-upload the character sprite later (in about uh 10 mins or more :()

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
I swear that palm tree is from Pokemon Naranja.

nah its not, i made it give me the link to the thread (if its on here and let me see the difference)

EDIT: that does not look a thing like mine

screenie from pokemon naranja:

CentroRECUPERACION.gif

EDIT: edited & added new tiles to the tile set!
(no may use tiles, nor pallets)
2hcdg06.png

Last edited:

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
Nice dude. That looks like it almost completes a tileset, no? Well, BOL!

no i still need the mountain part (which will basically just be a sand mountain since this is only the beach tileset) but ya

what does BOL mean?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Lol yeah! Thanks so much man, nobody posts on it! Oh, P.S. maybe you could make the blue Pokecenter into a mart.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
Lol yeah! Thanks so much man, nobody posts on it! Oh, P.S. maybe you could make the blue Pokecenter into a mart.

oh i forgot to upload hte new copy i made it say "PM" on the sign and on the building lol *sigh* thanks for remiding me!

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
Haha, lol. Yeah, no problem man! I can't wait to see that mountain tile ;)

im adding a encounter grass tile now, next post/update will have the fixed pokemart and the grass tile then the mountain tile :P sorry im watching the VMA's lol

Back