• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
It could use some work, I tried revamping it, but I just can't imagine an evee evolution with rocks around its head. :x
I'm still not happy with my Kroneon revamp...I think all I can do is start from scratch, since it;s kinda hard to make a rock Pokemon cute like an Evee evolution (e.g. Glaceon, it's so cute! xD).
Anyway, I also did some concepts and I'm planning to sprite them. Also did Stonbii but not happy with it so I'm gonna do it from scratch again.

Anyway here, lemme know what you think:
Spoiler:

Warning, HUGE image...

Kroneon=DopeX20 although I like the collar of rocks around its head, that way it looks less like Jolteon.
The Dragons are cool, but we already have Cryozard line and Valkyria in Fingoe, and the second dragon and first look like they should be swapped imo

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Yeah, that's why I'm not happy with my Kroneon so I geuss I'll need to sleep on it cause lately I was just stressing about my essay and other deadlines! xD
And about the dragons - I'll leave it up to you to decide but I don't think another line would be too much dragons since Valkyria is an evo of Altaria (correct me if I'm wrong) and Cryozard, well that's one line.
In R/S they had 3 lines Flygon, Altaria and Salamence. Well it's up to you. O.o
Oh, about the swapping, it's meant to be something like Larvitar/Pupitar or Bagon/Shellgon. xD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
okay I think 7 dragons are enough, no more unless we are talking legends!

tnguye3

Years
Ok, I'll sprite them when I have the time. For now, here's a sprite of Stonbii.

picture.php

Kinda not satisfied with it, I just could never sprite rock Pokemon... >.<
It also is kinda smalll...Well, hope it's okay. @.@

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
It seems you used a palette from Golem, it should be colored like this so the Stonbii line doesn't look like the Geodude line
STYONBII.png

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Acedragonite... notice how yours looks worse? You forgot shading, though I did notice some lighting on it.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Acedragonite... notice how yours looks worse? You forgot shading, though I did notice some lighting on it.

It was just to give him to the idea of what color it should be, and I didn't know which color to shade with, tbh I'm a pixel noob, and I've only just started OW spriting, but I hope I can get better and start spriting Pokemon.

tnguye3

Years
Well, hope this is the color scheme you're looking for. O.o

picture.php

EDIT: And yes, I did use the Geodude color pallette in the first Stonbii sprite! xD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^yes I'd reccomend it be a little more brown though. Maybe Dugtrio would be a good pallete?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
hey i know you like the pal, but heres a a diff pal.
attached.
i also put a geodude head in there to show that the pokemon could look more rock ish. is one of tnguye3's worst sprites (no offense) just giving you a fans opinion ;)

tnguye3

Years
hey i know you like the pal, but heres a a diff pal.
attached.
i also put a geodude head in there to show that the pokemon could look more rock ish. is one of tnguye3's worst sprites (no offense) just giving you a fans opinion ;)

Yeh I know, I don't know how to sprite Rock type Pokemon... :,(

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^I'm practicing with pixels so maybe I can be able to sprite them in 10 yearS] soon. Anyway the stonbii sprite looks good imo

tnguye3

Years
Well, I had some time so I sprited Draezor. I'll do its evo's later.
picture.php

Lemme know what you think. I think the colors are disturbing...I didn't use any Poke pallettes, maybe that's why... O_O"
I did use Weavil's red though.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^I sort of like it tbh is it electric/dragon, if not it should be

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Well, I had some time so I sprited Draezor. I'll do its evo's later.
picture.php

Lemme know what you think. I think the colors are disturbing...I didn't use any Poke pallettes, maybe that's why... O_O"
I did use Weavil's red though.

wow i loved your drawings of it, and its sprite is <3
i think the palletes are quite fine really.

also of the rock sprite, the palltes came from colbat scizar, so yea. i think you can use more. but he sed give credit

tnguye3

Years
^I sort of like it tbh is it electric/dragon, if not it should be
TBH I didn't really think about the type and I didn't know what color it would be since all I did was sketch the fakemon... xD
As I sprited I thought "Hmm....what about the color?" xD
Anyways, yeah - I geuss it could be Dragon/Elec

wow i loved your drawings of it, and its sprite is <3
i think the palletes are quite fine really.

also of the rock sprite, the palltes came from colbat scizar, so yea. i think you can use more. but he sed give credit

Glad you like it! ^_^
And thanks for the resources, if I ever use his palletes, I'll be sure to credit him. Although I think I won't be spriting any Rock pokemons for quite a while...As I sprited Stonbii I was constantly thinking "What the ****, something's ****ing missing". xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back