• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
would be seen that the correct ldrh move 2 bytes but is not
to me, however, would move more than 2 bytes, it should move 8. There is not one specific swi that invert the values ​​in two registers?

Well if it's 8 bytes, you just simply cannot. The most a register can hold is a dword, which is 4 bytes. Like a pointer, that's a dword. 8 bytes would mean doing the operation twice.

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Well if it's 8 bytes, you just simply cannot. The most a register can hold is a dword, which is 4 bytes. Like a pointer, that's a dword. 8 bytes would mean doing the operation twice.
For this I would need to know if there is a swi which allows the drive: \

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Sorry, I don't think there is. Try gbatemp. they might have one.
Thanks.
On gba tek I found this but I do not understand how it works.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
gogojjtech oh right so sry for using the wrong thread... and thanks so much forgot abt the hex thing, i keep getting stuck in my hack with minor things and im too stubborn to move on before figuring it out lol ... oh and i was using PKSV

GoGoJJTech

Years
Thanks.
On gba tek I found this but I do not understand how it works.
Spoiler:

It's still saying the max is 4 bytes long, so it won't work.

gogojjtech oh right so sry for using the wrong thread... and thanks so much forgot abt the hex thing, i keep getting stuck in my hack with minor things and im too stubborn to move on before figuring it out lol ... oh and i was using PKSV

You SHOULD be using the XSE from gamer2020's toolbox, but PKSV is new-ish.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I'm trying to change the grass animation via NSE 2.1 on a Pokemon Ruby rom. I load my rom then go to Navigate > POKEMON > BPRE > Sprites > Landscape > Grass

however when I get there, all I see is a bunch of dots going down vertically where the image should be. I'm not exactly sure if this is the right way to change it? I'm only trying to change the palette of the picture so I was wanting to insert a recolored animation image.

GoGoJJTech

Years
I'm trying to change the grass animation via NSE 2.1 on a Pokemon Ruby rom. I load my rom then go to Navigate > POKEMON > BPRE > Sprites > Landscape > Grass

however when I get there, all I see is a bunch of dots going down vertically where the image should be. I'm not exactly sure if this is the right way to change it? I'm only trying to change the palette of the picture so I was wanting to insert a recolored animation image.

On a RUBY ROM, doing BPRE. Ruby's code is AXVE, not BPRE.
AXVE: Ruby
AXPE: Sapphire
BPRE: FireRed
BPGE?: Leaf Green (I think it's BPGE)
BPEE: Emerald

So you load with the correct game Code. That goes for all tools. If you want to find it, (and if it's not in NSE), look in VBA for the tiles, copy the offset, then go to the memory viewer, and search for the bytes at that offset in your ROM.

Le pug

Years
On AdvanceMap 1.95 I have two maps perfectly connected and the movements are assigned correctly yet in game, I can't cross into the map over. When I try to change the name of the second (newest) map, I get the error "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): The value #3E73C0 is not a pointer! Please contakt [email protected]"

Any way how to fix this?

GoGoJJTech

Years

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Those are macros I mentioned. They are just not capsed...
For example end = #raw 0xFE

Gogojjtech: I think he is mixing PKSV (which includes these automatically) with XSE. I don't know if you have ever looked into the header files, but you can VERY easily add new commands and such with just a simple:

#define walk_fast 0xDD

Then you can use walk_fast instead of 0xDD. I'm not sure if they already exist or if you have to create them.

Le pug

Years
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
so my scripts works fine and stuff... bt i didnt know what var number to use?
i just used 4000 as a draft to test it and make sure it works, bt for the real thing what is var number is recommended? lots of places seem to say 4050?? O.o

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020

GoGoJJTech

Years
In 1.92, yes it will change the name.. for instance, I changed Route 102 to Path 1. However, it is ALSO changing the names of 25.24-25.39 and 25.41-25.43 which are non-named by default, however I used most of them for my own and renamed them. Now that I renamed Route 102 to Path 1, it's renaming the others also.

What is probably happening is the names consist of the same pointer to the name. So if you don't understand:
Route 101 -> 0x64A524
Route 102 -> 0x64A524

These are examples. They point to the same location, so if you change one, you change the other. You could change a pointer so that way you have two separate names, and one changes at a time. Makes sense?

Le pug

Years
What is probably happening is the names consist of the same pointer to the name. So if you don't understand:
Route 101 -> 0x64A524
Route 102 -> 0x64A524

These are examples. They point to the same location, so if you change one, you change the other. You could change a pointer so that way you have two separate names, and one changes at a time. Makes sense?

Makes sense. Do you know how I can change the pointers?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2020
Hey, I have a question. I am working on my first Rom, and I FINALLY discovered how to make pokeballs give pokemans. Now...

How do I make it so I don't have to run Oak's Parcel in this one???

(Fire red)

...Oak doesn't exist in this hack....

Advise??

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hey, I have a question. I am working on my first Rom, and I FINALLY discovered how to make pokeballs give pokemans. Now...

How do I make it so I don't have to run Oak's Parcel in this one???

(Fire red)

...Oak doesn't exist in this hack....

Advise??

Just make a new script. Make sure you're using XSE from gamer2020's toolbox, and advance map 1.92. Then follow diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cceae20848ci6lq/diegoisawesome's xse tutorial.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back