• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Cosmic Fury: Oh geez... I wish you'd gone over this with me first. The easiest way I can put this is that your app is really, really over the top. I'm going to break down some of the issues I found going over it.

Were the nicknames you chose for him and his pokemon intentionally campy? I mean... because they are. It's okay if he's supposed to be rather bad at giving good nicknames, but it definitely made me raise my brows.(Who calls another human being Dragon or Leviathan? He has some very weird friends.)

Secondly, let's talk about physical characteristics. Your character is a human with the powers of a Pokemon at best and I find myself asking... why? What purpose does this quirk serve and what do you plan to do with it? Ultimately I'm extremely uncomfortable with the idea of a human that can decide he's feeling too good for his Pokemon today and battle without them. I noticed you attempted to apply plenty of flaws, but at worst they seem to be an annoying inconvenience considering those radical super powers he got in exchange. The guy's cursed with awesome. I'm kind of confused because from my understanding this is a character that was already in the RP at one point. He didn't have these traits before, did he..? (Because that would make things a lot more complicated and raise a bunch of questions. >>)

Lastly, the guy's Pokemon are from level 45 to 50! How many freebie levels did you give the guy? o_o I ask because that would make him probably one of the strongest trainers in the school and I cannot find him in the etherpad.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
If I may add my two cents (despite not being a member of this RP), @Cosmic Fury, I think the biggest issue is that, apart from what Yellow stated, the nicknames given to your character aren't really relevant. His personality seems very late 90s to current Shonen Hero in that he's calm unless his friends are in danger. The problem with this is that Dragons and Leviathan aren't known for this, and they really wouldn't be relevant for someone who has intense fits of rage when set off, either. They're simply large and/or powerful beings...and that's pretty much all that may relate him to them, but they're more complex than that and, when you get right down to it, neither of them are similar to him in pretty much any way other than that he may be powerful. He may have trained dragons, but there are a lot of dragon type trainers out there, and even if he were given the nickname, you state that he had the name for other reasons, which goes back to my original point.

Why not point to something in his past? Maybe you could make a name off of one of his other characteristics, such as how he's compassionate or how he has trust issues. Heck, it could even be based off of his name or his appearance...or just give him no nickname at all (which, given his contacts, seems appropriate).

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
My face when everyone is standing around Valorie criticizing her thighs. This is just too hilarious to me.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Don't worry, Kale's twisted sense of justice, sympathy, dark realism and cold calculating logic is here to save Valorie from some of the criticism.

He didn't say much to protect her thighs though... even he has to agree on THAT particular critique.

(Lucia might also not appreciate his words... but that's another issue altogether.)

Zhuq

Pokemon Trainer Zarraf
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last):Kai Kazami

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15):15

Sex (Male or Female):Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):Suicune Dorm

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
original.jpg

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Kai is a very friendly and free-spirited character and also wants to solve mysteries using is detective skills.. He talks quite calmly and will get hot-tempered when some does something to his freinds, family and Pokemon. He is a very calm and brilliant person and can also think up strategies and give split-second desicions. He can also use his tactics to use his enemies against each other. He also has a strong sense of justice.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): He grew up in three cities, one in three different regions. Goldenrod City in Johto, Jubilife City in Sinnoh and Littleroot Town in Hoenn. He grew up with his parents, Cole Kazami and Misa Kazami. He explored the Region of Hoenn, got all the gym badges and went to Ever Grande City's Pokemon League Championships. He won and became the champion. His Pokemon team consists of a Groovyle, Lairon and Wailord. After he heard about the Pokemon Trainer Academy, he was psyched because he never heard about it before. He thought it was a mystery and went there to study and figure the mystery.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species:Groovyle, Lairon, Wailord
Nickname(Optional):JungleNinja(Groovyle), MetalHead(Lairon) and WaterStomper(Wailord)
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):JungleNinja is calm, like his Trainer. MetalHead is unpredictable and straightforward. WaterStomper is defensive and bulky.
Lvl(Max 30):JungleNinja(Lv. 30), MetalHead(Lv.28), WaterStomper(Lv. 27).
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):JungleNinja: Leaf Blade, Aerial Ace, Bullet Seed, Earthquake.
MetalHead: Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Earthquake, Metal Claw
WaterStomper: Surf, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Yeah, thanks for pointing these things out. I'll go back and change it up as soon as I can. It's been a bit of a rough couple of weeks. The holidays took a bit of a toll, but I'll be getting at this app until it's done.

Dawn

Years
@Zhuq: Hmm... Your personality section lacks any flaws and your history section is really short. I also find myself asking why a pokemon league champion would be signing up for the academy as a student... and how he managed to defeat a pokemon league with three low level Pokemon. I don't think I've seen you around. Are you new to the RPC? I'd be happy to help you figure out a character, though it might take some work. I'll tell you that none of the characters here have a history as illustrious as pokemon league champion. (...At least, none of the students do.)

You're supposed to be a bit more of a rookie trainer, y'know?

@Cosmic Fury: Glad to hear it. You can try clearing ideas with me beforehand if you don't want to risk going through another rejection. It's up to you though.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@SylveonStar: Absolutely.

@Brainstorm: If he doesn't want to take part in the raid, he'll probably wind up alone in a class judging by how popular the raid is. |D

There should be no particular limitations on classes, so I'd in turn ask you what you feel like having your character take. I figure if you're going to get stuck with a class it might as well be the class you want. D;

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
@Yellow - Oh, believe me, he'd love to take part in the raid, however I have something planned for him. And, well, if I get to pick the class, then I pick... well, actually I'm torn between Pokémon Trainer Fitness, Self-Defense and Poison-Type class. Any of those will work

Dawn

Years
@Brainstorm: I'm going to go ahead and choose Pokemon Trainer Fitness for you. I'm sure you can think up something neat with such a vague class!

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
@Yellow - Having Lt. Surge training Jimmy physically sounds like fun. Having him do push-ups, and running, and stuff like that... It sure brings back memories xD

Years
Name: William Blazington

Nickname: "Willy"

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance:

William is 5ft 2in, and weighs 85lbs he usally wears a red cap with some "pokéball" markings on it and some grey jeans with some black stripes on. He also uses black sneakers, and a blue jacket with some white stripes on it.

Personality:

William is pretty much always happy but he has gotten bullied in school before and can become sad and angry really fast if people start bullying him, he isn't that great at school he needed to be the schools clown in some of the years to make it, and beacuse of the bullying he isn't always the brightest fella but his intentions are always the same to make everybody smile. He dosn't have that many friends but Fokko has been the the last years for him, but he isn't the most social person and can sometimes have a hard time making friends but it's much better than before when he got bullyied. William has always hated school beacuse of his earlier years which can sometimes make him a bit "paranoid" thinking that something will happen in class, that a bully is going to walk by and call him something and then hit him or something, so he has a hard time sitting still when people are walking by him.

History:

William Blazington grew up in the wonderful place called Lumiose City in Kalos. He was a pretty normal kid he went to school to learn about pokémon and more, his parents were also normal people they were just a mere dot in a painting, but William's parents wanted him to become special, to get known and not just be a regular Joe. His dad Peter Blazington worked as a chef in the restaurant called le wow, while his mother Hannah worked at the Lumiose Museum.

William was always really in to pokémon, his room was always filled with posters toys and everything else that you could imagine, in the beggining he didn't really like pokémon and the idea to become the champion he always wanted to do something else, maybe becoming a chef like dad but there was something, someone who got William thinking to do something with pokémon, there was an "evil" corporation in kanto which got put down by a big hero which got super big in my school, everybody were talking about him, and after that he wanted to do something with pokémon so he can save the world and make people happy.

At William's 10:th birthday he got some normal things a watch some toys but then there was also a letter from mom and dad, but when he opened it he would have never known what it would be but it was an invitation to choose a starter pokémon at professor Sycamore's lab. William who had always dreamed of having a pokémon friend, when he was done reading it, he started bursting into tears of joy beacuse he knew he was going to get his own pokémon friend. Taking hius bike to Sycamore's lab everything went fine he got to choose a starter which was a Fennekin which he later named Fokko, it was a girl and it had an egg move called hypnosis. When he came home he took out Fokko to go out and play beacuse he was so happy. A few years later when he turned 12 his parents had signed him up for Gary Oak's Pokémon Trainer Academy, it was a thing William had herd of before but he hadn't really cared much about it, he appreciated the gift, and started getting ready for the journey.

Pokémon:

Species: Fennekin
Nickname: Fokko
Personality: Fokko is a very jolly pokémon who always tries to cheer everybody up, She can be pretty foulish sometimes, but all in all she is just a nice pokémon who wants to make people happy.
Lvl: 11
Moves: Scratch, Tail Whip, Ember, Howl and Hypnosis.

Ps: Im sorry for any bad spelling or the missing of any parts, I tried my best and even if I don't get accepted I will atleast have my own rp character, thanks for reading and thanks in advance, Elikiteru!

Dawn

Years
@Elikiteru: Hmm... Your personality and history feel like they focused a bit too much on certain qualities or points, resulting in me overall knowing a lot less about your character than I could've. However, I think I'm actually going to let that slide. I don't get the impression you didn't try or really rushed or anything like that. c:

You can feel free to shoehorn your character into the raid going on ICly. They'll take the place of one of the many NPC students.

@Everyone: Speaking of which, I'll be doing some NPC control during the raid, so try not to fight with me when I inevitably sic a grue on the raid party or something like that. I know I'm only posting once every day or two, but I'll be trying to make significant progress each and every post. >.o For instance, by the time my next post is done this morning you'll be in the midst of the fight!

Dawn

Years
@Burg: *Pats* That's alright. You can post it now, or fuse it with your next upcoming post and just post both together. I'm sure nobody will make a big deal over the aside.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
@Burg: *Pats* That's alright. You can post it now, or fuse it with your next upcoming post and just post both together. I'm sure nobody will make a big deal over the aside.

Oh no, I already posted it. It's just more of a "Oh come on Really?" Moment.
Thought I was in the clear posting at 4:30 am.
As a somewhat Related topic, Hello bed, You're looking rather lovely today.

Dawn

Years
@Burg: Little did you realize that my sleep schedule is absurd~ :P At least you have reading material now, right?

@Everyone: As I posted as a note in my post, you should now be engaging in a horde battle against the rockets. Each one of you should basically just have your character combatting a handful of their pokemon. I'll let you know how many levels everyone gets just after I make my next post. (Probably 4 or 5 for each pokemon involved.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back