• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ElectiPass! (RMT)

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
Years
Well, I decided to build a different team, since the other team was kinda boring me. I decided to make a Baton Pass team, with Electivire as a recipient. I think he would be good since he makes a very viable Mixed Sweeper.

This is basically my team:
291.png
235.png
431.png
424.png
122.png
471.png

Team Building Process

Obviously, it should start with Electivire.
471.png

Every good Baton Pass team should start with a Speed Passer. I thought immediately of Ninjask, as he can shuffle between Protect and Substitute for a lot of turns, sub up, and then pass.
471.png
291.png

Smeargle is also a staple on all Baton Passing teams. As he can pass Ingrain, and also Spore, the most accurate Sleeping move. Spider Web is also useful on destroying Walls, effectively destroying the whole team.
471.png
291.png
235.png

I decided to use Drifblim. He can gain massive Subs, and be able to stall for a few turns while using Stockpile. That's a very nice pass, along with the Sub.
471.png
291.png
235.png
431.png

I need some offensive passers. I immediately thought of Mr. Mime, as he can also provide an additional SP.Def boost along with the SP.Atk boost from Calm Mind. Soundproof is also very important. It can be used when Smeargle Fails.
471.png
291.png
235.png
431.png
122.png

I searched for the last slot and thought of an Attack passer, and I saw Floatzel is the only Baton Passer that can pass Bulk Up. I needed Bulk-up as the only Attack Electivire has is Cross-Chop and I needed the extra Defense more than the extra attack.
471.png
291.png
235.png
431.png
122.png
424.png

If the chain ends successfully, Electivire will have +6 Spe, +6 Def, +6 SpD, +3 Atk, +3 SpA, and finally Ingrain, or possibly a Sub.

This is my team in In-Depth:

Lead/Speed Passer
291.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 68 Spe / 8 Spd
Moves: Baton Pass
Protect
Substiture
X-Scissor

I decided Ninjask was good for it's task. His ability allows me to go completely defensive with Protect and Substitute. After enough passes. I can go out and pass. In case of free turns, for example, on a Sub, the enemy goes out, I can use a decent STAB move.

Ingrain Passer
235.png

Smeargle @ Shed Shell
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 96 HP / 120 Def / 252 Spe / 40 SpD
Spider Web
Spore
Ingrain

The next on the chain. Ingrain is an important move for any Baton Pass team, and he is the only one that can pass it. Spider Web is for any walls or stallers, and finally Spore is a very useful move to let it set up. It allows for at least 2 or 3 turns of set-up. By the end of the set-up, I can redo Spore to use for the next one.

SubPasser/Stockpile Passer
431.png

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Spe / 80 SpD
Substitute
Stockpile
Hypnosis

For an NU Pokemon, Drifblim is a pretty useful Baton Passer. The main technique for this set would be to first setup Hypnosis, unless Spore was already set-up before by Smeargle. During sleep, I start Sub, and then Stockpile till the enemy wakes up, then either try to Stockpile again if I haven't reached 3 yet or just pass, I could also Hypnosis first.

Bulk Up Passer
424.png

Floatzel @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 Spe
Bulk Up
Taunt
Waterfall

Floatzel may be underrated, but he is very good as a passer for his rare ability to Baton Pass Bulk-Up. I need the extra defense more than the extra power in for Electivire, so I decided to use Floatzel instead of common Swords Dance passers. Waterfall is there in case I have to stop the chain short for any reason.

Calm Mind Passer/Perish Song Blocker
122.png

Mr. Mime @ Calm
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Spe / 40 SpA
Calm Mind
Encore
Energy Ball

Mr. Mime has an important Role in all Baton Pass teams, a Sound Blocker. He blocks Perish Song and Roar which stops Baton Pass teams in their tracks. If I Encore a support move, the enemy would be crippled after I Calm Mind three times, and Baton Pass into Electivire, there would still be time to spare, to attack for Electivire. Energy Ball in case the chain stops short.

Baton Pass Recipient/Mixed Sweeper
471.png

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Jolly: Motor Drive
Nature: Mild
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 Spe / 252 SpA
Moves: Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Flamethrower
Cross Chop

I adore MixVire. He has amazing type coverage, very good power, and can destroy most walls in the OU like Blissey, Foretress and other walls. He can kill the other team and he can also hit nearly all types for neutral damage. This works much better than a physical set, as most walls are physically defensive.

Any comments or suggestions?

uskelly

Pokemon Master
Years
  • MN
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
At first glance your stratedgy seems doable, however, when auctually put to battle, how will you deal with Whilrwind Phazers, which is more common than Roar and Perish Song?

Completley wiping out all your past baton passes and you start back at zero, and within that time, they may have already damaged your team enough for you to be unable to use the same stratedgy =/

For me, when I see a Ninjask lead, I know what it's going to do, and then automattically move to a pokemon that can remove this problem

Bassically, if your stratedgy fails once, you lose. Also, Ninjask and Smeargle seem safe, but will you be able to outspeed choice scarf users and other sweepers?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yeah, phazing is no problem with Ingrain around. I'd find a better 6th Pokemon though.

Electivire is kind of shaky as a recipient for this team. Even with several Calm Mind and Bulk Ups, Electivire will still have trouble against Swampert. HP Ice and Cross Chop just won't defeat it easily.

Lucario makes a better recipient. Its Close Combat+Crunch beats everything after a couple of boosts. It has priority with Bullet Punch in case your opponent decides to use a Scarf Gengar or something. And it beats Gliscor with HP Ice.

Lucario @Life Orb
Naughty Nature
252 Atk / 60 SpA / 196 Spd

-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Bullet Punch
-Hidden Power Ice

Lucario also works because over half your team is weak to Weavile/Tyranitar.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited:
Years
^ All of the above and:

What will you do when you encounter leads with priority moves? Right now Lead Mamoswine is sure to completely demolishes your strategy. It'll Ice Shard Ninjask into oblivion and set up Stealth Rock which two of your Pokemon are fragile against. Considering this, give Ninjask a Focus Sash instead of Leftovers.

I for one do not recommended using teams that completely rely on Baton Pass support, maybe one or two Pokemon, but once you start spamming stat-boosters then the more experienced battlers will catch on quick and Taunt or Trick you, or both.

Very few BP teams work anymore and with the ever rising number of anti-stall teams you will most likely be phazed, Taunted, and Tricked from the start.

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
Years
I think that I should not change the strategy, but rather, change the Pokemon for other Pokemon that can Baton Pass similar boosts yet still make fierce competition.

I might replace Mr. Mime with Espeon instead running this set.

196.png

Espeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Baton Pass
Wish
Calm Mind
Psychic

Espeon can self-boost itself if the chain breaks, still maintain good stats, and a decent STAB move to attack. She can also support team mates and herself with Wish.

Then for the Bulk-Up Passer, I could use Blaziken or Medicham, I think.

308.png

Medicham @ Leftovers
Baton Pass
Bulk Up
Recover
Hi-Jump Kick

Medicham has incredible Attack power and has access to healing moves, although it is rather Slow, still makes a formidable opponent after a few Bulk-Ups.

257.png

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Baton Pass
Bulk-Up
Blaze Kick
Substitute

Another choice and maybe better than Medicham because it has slightly more speed and has much more balanced stats. Blaze Kick lets me hit hard after a few Bulk Ups.

The main problem with changing Mr. Mime would be taking out Soundproof, but Perish Song is rarely seen anyways, and as you guys said pHazing isn't a problem with Ingrain.

I was also thinking of changing Electivire, but for a Dragonite.

149.png

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Nature: Mild
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Aqua Tail
Dragon Claw

There are some more possibilities, I think, but please stop recommending Lucario, I just don't wan't something that's so predictable. Something different I guess.

487.png

MixAzelf @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Grass Knot
Ice Punch
Zen Headbutt
Flamethrower

473.png

MixKiss @ Life Orb
Nature: Naughty
ExtremeSpeed
Aura Sphere
Flamethrower
Roost

257.png

MixBlaziken @ Expert Belt
Nature: Rash
Flamethrower
Brick Break
ThunderPunch
HP Ice

Haha, I just had a really fun battle on Shoddy.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back