• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDC

[insertusertitlehere]
Years
Today I bought 2 boosters, undaunted and EX power keepers.
Ex power keepers was really disappointing- the best card I got from that was a ninetails. Meh.
Undaunted though, gave me the top of kyorge and groudon legend :)

Canadian Guy

Yeah, I'm a Canuck.
Years
Kinda have a dilemma on whether or not to open the 4 Heart Gold/Soul Silver booster packs I've bought a couple of months ago @ some rundown Plaza Mall around my way. How much are the earlier sets like Base, Jungle, Fossil, etc going for now? would it be worth holding onto these booster sets I have now since they're kinda fourth generation? (I think?)

Lemme know.

Canadian Guy

Yeah, I'm a Canuck.
Years
OK, cool.

Yeah, guess it wouldn't be worth much to maintain the quality of the booster packs over the years (or decade) only to get a few measly bucks more profit, huh.

Well alright, thanks.

legendarypokemon

He has multiple Personalities
Years
Pokemon TCG Call of Legends Retort deck

Hey guy \s first time posting here, and I recently bought the above deck. I think it was a good choice because in the bonus booster pack, I got a shiny groudon, Any thoughts on my luck?

Years
Out of a box of TR:

Yanmega
Few Alph Lithos
Some Legends
3 Zone

Happy about Yanmega and Zone.

Did ya sell those 'zone?

Hey guy \s first time posting here, and I recently bought the above deck. I think it was a good choice because in the bonus booster pack, I got a shiny groudon, Any thoughts on my luck?

Moving your thread to the booster thread, since this post fits in their quite clearly since you're asking about your booster.

I think it was interesting luck. Probably would've been a better luck pack if you pulled a piece of a LEGEND card, but that's just from my vantage point, since you could've sold the LEGEND piece and gone out and gotten another pack. :P

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
Years
I was at Walmart today and picked up 6 Emerging Powers packs (yes, this Walmart had them out a day early). I got no Catchers, but got TWO full art Tornadus AND a full art Thundurus. Ironically, the Tornadus both came out of Tornadus packs...

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
Opened my first booster box today, HGSS set. Well, it was a blister box, actually...
Anyway, I got
Lugia Legend - Bottom
Ho-Oh Legend - Top After I pulled the Lugia I joked to my bro that I'd pull the top of Ho-Oh... then I did.
Uxie lv X from the legends awakened packets
and
Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Donphan and Ampharos primes

I only just got back into the cards really and I got that box because I thought they looked the coolest (I don't plan on going to tournaments and the Black and White cards don't really interest me)...

Years
Shame you didn't buy back in February or March. That Uxie Lv. X might've gotten you upwards of $40. I think now it'll only get you $10-$15, which is still nothing to sneeze at for a card. Though this is in US dollars.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
I got a HS Triumphant booster today with Bellsprout, Illumise, Spoink, Volbeat, Kricketot, Electabuzz,Yanmega, Magneton, Banette and a Shiny Mew! I only know half of these guys but they're cute! Now to work out what the Ex and X things are that I keep seeing...

Years
I got a HS Triumphant booster today with Bellsprout, Illumise, Spoink, Volbeat, Kricketot, Electabuzz,Yanmega, Magneton, Banette and a Shiny Mew! I only know half of these guys but they're cute! Now to work out what the Ex and X things are that I keep seeing...

That Yanmega is a nice pull! It could fetch you around $20-$25 or so because it has serious play value in competitive play right now.

Are you just a collector or do you intend on playing in tournaments, too? What you would need to know as a collector is that ex and Lv. X were special rare cards printed in the ex sets (sets tied into the third generation games) and Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum sets (sets tied into the first three fourth generation games), respectively. If you are a player, ex cards are souped-up versions of their normal counterparts and supplant that Pokemon on the evolutionary chain, whereas Lv. X cards, while being souped-up versions of their counterparts, "Level Up" from their counterparts instead (basically, they "evolve" without actually "evolving").

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
A while ago I got 2 tornadus' (1 Supereme rare & one reverse holo out of an Emerging Powers booster pack. Then a week or two ago I found another Tornadus Supreme holo in a pack!:D

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
So I bought 24 packs of the Black and White pokemon and this is what I uncovered (I hope I am allowed to post pics).

The mess lol.
zk251s.jpg

All the rares.
2ibm8v5.jpg

Zekroms full art.
jsjz3c.jpg

Emboars.
2ed5zi9.jpg

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Nice Black and white box, I got a full holo Zekrom and Reshiram when I bought mine a while back. How many Professor Junipers did you get from that box and any rev holo trainers ?

Years
I see someone got the Damage Swap Reuniclus. The ability Emboar is the best of the Emboar cards at the moment.

And here are all my boosters from the past month...

Currently legal sets:
Black & White
Noble Victories
Emerging Powers
HeartGoldSoulSilver
HS Undaunted
HS Unleashed
HS Triumphant
Call of Legends
The Furious Knights theme deck from the Noble Victories set

Good pulls/rares from the above sets
BW - Sawk, reverse foil Energy Switch
Emerging Powers - Virizion, reverse foil Roggenrola, Pokemon Catcher, Simipour, Pokemon Catcher, reverse foil Roggenrola, reverse foil Simipour, Tornadus
Noble Victories - reverse foil Vanillish, Druddigon, Rocky Helmet, reverse foil Golurk, Super Rod, N, Lilligant, reverse foil Shelmet, Reuniclus
HGSS - Engineer's Adjustments, Politoed, reverse foil Energy Returner

Non-tournament legal sets:
Supreme Victors
Arceus

Good pulls/rares from these sets
Supreme Victors - Relicanth (SH8), Solrock
Arceus - Aerodactyl, Arceus (AR2 - the grass one)

And then the theme deck had some interesting cards as well, primarily another N and then two Eelectrik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back