• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I hope this is true, not a fan of 3rd gen.

Never understood why people wanted a remake of RSE. From a technical standpoint, it isn't necessary, since you can (with some work of course) transfer Pokémon from RSEFRLG all the way to BW if you have all the necessary games, as well as the DS with the GBA slot. What would a remake be for? Shiny graphics?

FRLG and HGSS were good ideas because the original games were so outdated, only a remake could make them compatible with the new gens. RSE doesn't need a remake.

Its the same reason to remake any game really. To have updated graphics and control, to have a new wave of players to be able to play them. For some reason people think the only reason to do a remake is to get pokemon. While that's been a major reason for the last remakes, that wouldn't be a factor for future remakes. They can easily give us areas via DLC to get pokemon that are not readily available. So really for systems 3DS and onward the decision to remake a pokemon game won't be just because of pokemon availability it would be for enhanced story and etc.
Of course if there is no reason for remakes to come out on gen 5 the. There's no reason for it to come on gen 6 they should just wait to gen 7.
Hey if GF wants to keep on delivering games for IOS they could easily port 1,2 and 3rd gen games. They would sell like crazy.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
If the remakes come out next gen and on the 3ds I think it should have enhanced capabilities in syncing with a new pokemon stadium like game.

Imagine you can unlock areas that you upload your remake save file to the Wii U game and play the area in 3d HD world. The trainers you'd fight would between levels 50-100. And imagine if there were special pokemon in the Wii U game and you could catch them with your save file and transfer them to your handheld. It would also be cool for random match up battles in Wii U graphics. And maybe instead of the dream world only being an Internet game, why not make it part of the stadium game where you do the mini games with the Wii pad and just transfer the pokemon to your 3DS. I figure I transferred my Mii from my 3ds to the Wii U why not my DW pikachu

blue

gucci
Years
jan8.jpg

At the end of a Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 trailer being aired in Japan, a teaser cropped up at the end and has stated that the next big news regarding Pokémon will be revealed on January 8th 2013. It's currently unknown what this news is, whether it's related to current games, such as a new WiFi event or if it's a new game reveal. We'll be sure to post the new information, whatever it is, as soon as it is revealed

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
jan8.jpg

At the end of a Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 trailer being aired in Japan, a teaser cropped up at the end and has stated that the next big news regarding Pokémon will be revealed on January 8th 2013. It's currently unknown what this news is, whether it's related to current games, such as a new WiFi event or if it's a new game reveal. We'll be sure to post the new information, whatever it is, as soon as it is revealed

Only a little over a week away, I'm sooo excited. I just hope its something good

Years
I'm excited to learn what this is as well. This could be something really big such as the next Generations reveal or about a new Wi-Fi event. I don't know what else they could hand out though.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
It pretty much ties in with the fact that Masuda will appear on smash after new year.

I'm hyped ;)

But why am I still in THIS thread? xDD

blue

gucci
Years
It pretty much ties in with the fact that Masuda will appear on smash after new year.

I'm hyped ;)

But why am I still in THIS thread? xDD

Yeah, he pre-recorded the Smash Episode at the beginning of December so I'm sure this is what he's talking about.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
jan8.jpg

Why doesn't someone try to translate it? (I know its quality is a bit poor)

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
jan8.jpg

This could also possibly be to do with the new film coming in 2013 ? With Gensect.
Or possibly an announcement of the next gen. It's hard to tell when there's a fair few theories. Heck, it could also possibly be to do with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ?

blue

gucci
Years
This could also possibly be to do with the new film coming in 2013 ? With Gensect.
Or possibly an announcement of the next gen. It's hard to tell when there's a fair few theories. Heck, it could also possibly be to do with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ?

It could be movie news, maybe more details on what it's about; who's in it etc however if the Masuda recording for Pokemon Smash does coincide with this announcement I can't see what more major news he could say about the movie. I doubt it would be Mystery Dungeon news, it's already released in Japan and we've got a North American Release date. We've just had a big Genesect event, Kyogre & Groudon Event and we've had enough spin-offs for Gen V (Mystery Dungeon, Pokepark, Rumble Blast, Get Typing, Conquest) so it could easily be a new maingame which would most lilkely be Remakes OR Gen VI.

IStreamSandwich

Years
Well i look forward to it either way.
Gen VI will be complicated as I think coming up with new, fresh and decent looking Pokemon is getting to be a struggle.
Some Pokemon in Gen V just look a bit... how can i say, "trubbish"

But if it IS indeed the remake, then i will be extremely pleased as Hoenn was one of the best developed landscapes i've seen. (My opinion.)

blue

gucci
Years
Gen VI will be complicated as I think coming up with new, fresh and decent looking Pokemon is getting to be a struggle.

But if it IS indeed the remake, then i will be extremely pleased as Hoenn was one of the best developed landscapes i've seen. (My opinion.)

Well if the Genesect movie isn't out for another 7 months I can't see them releasing Gen VI just yet. I'm just hoping that with the Kyogre & Groudon Wi-Fi Event could reduce the changes of remakes at all, they had to do soemthing for the 10th anniversary but I doubt this would really change anything.

IStreamSandwich

Years
Is it an Event for B2/W2 ? I never get to the events in time :P
Also what do you mean by
"I'm just hoping that with the Kyogre & Groudon Wi-Fi Event could reduce the changes of remakes at all"

Also, maybe they might go all out for a 10th anniversary. A game in which you could scale through ALL regions. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova with some landscape changes, all pokemon, new events. Things like that.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

And gen I was kinda "grimer" I guess then?

I don't get it. Why would it be hard to come up with more? Do you know how much material there is in the real world to base things off? Not just animals and plants, but even clichés, cultural references and mythological creatures, any combination, reused ideas, elemental abilities slapped onto normal things........and on and on and on..
Just look at some fakemon galleries and be amazed at what some random fans are capable on their own, LET ALONE GAMEFREAK.

They made Trubbish, not because they wouldn't be able to think up 150 cool pokemon that all please your specific taste, not because they "ran out of creativity" or anything like that...I would even say they made it more to pay homage to gen I, than for any other reason.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I was at first thinking the announcement could be movie/anime related, but I'm doubting it and the reason I'm doubting it is because its on January 8th which is a Tuesday. If it was going to be an anime/movie announcement you would think they would air it on Jan 10th with the Pokemon episode that day, not on Jan 8th which has NO Pokemon whatsoever on TV that day.

I think it will be something related to the games, whether it is the announcement or the next game or a Wi-Fi event. I'm going to try not to get my hopes up too much in case it is something small like a Wi-Fi event.

Masuda filmed Smash on Dec 7, and the episodes usually air JUST under a month after they are filmed which means he will probably be on the December 6th Smash episode, so I'm not sure if his Smash appearance and the announcement have anything to do with each other since the announcement is meant to come 2 days after he appears on Smash (unless Im wrong and his Smash appearance is on Jan 13th after the announcement, to talk more about whatever it is).

IStreamSandwich

Years
First of all, i stated my opinion, and you seem to be flying off the handle just to tell me my opinion is wrong.
Thats not what this is for.
In my opinion, some of the Gen V pokemon DO look strange and misplaced.

I think it will be something related to the games, whether it is the announcement or the next game or a Wi-Fi event. I'm going to try not to get my hopes up too much in case it is something small like a Wi-Fi event.

Would they really put a teaser like that in for a Wifi Event ?
(I've never caught a WiFi event in time so i wouldn't know)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Would they really put a teaser like that in for a Wifi Event ?
(I've never caught a WiFi event in time so i wouldn't know)

I remember in September 2011 they teased a Mewtwo Wi-Fi event as a 'shocking announcement;, and everyone was freaking out that it could be a new game.

I do think this one is more likely to be an announcement of Gen VI though. Gen V was announced in January 2010 so if Gen VI is being released in 2013 I don't see why they wouldn't announce it in Jan 2013.

I'm just ready for the next game to be confirmed so I know where R/S/E remakes stand. If Gen VI is coming out next year, I can see an Emerald remake being released on its 10th anniversary in 2014.

blue

gucci
Years
The only reason why I don't think that it will be a Wi-Fi is because Genesect was viewed as a major announcement IIRC and as far as I'm concerned that wasn't announced long ago and is still running. I think if it is a main game, regardless of what it may be we will have a better idea of if or when we will be seeing the remakes.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Yeh, the still NON-SHINY Genesect will only begin distribution mid-January, and the Shiny Genesect to follow as the pre-order event...it wouldn't make sense to announce any random event now, unless it was the main-movie event.

...When was Celebi revealed for the Zoroark movie?
"Scans from the May 2010 issue of CoroCoro have revealed more information on the Movie 13 Pokémon distributions. The attacks and held items of the alternate color Legendary beasts have been revealed, as well as an announcement that movie-goers will be able to obtain a Fateful Encounter Celebi at the theater."

So seeing how the shiny Genesect is the equivalent to the shiny beasts back then, the "Celebi" should come later lol.

From the looks of it, seems we are definitely getting either of these:
-gen VI/game announcement
-silhouette of the actual star in M16

First of all, i stated my opinion, and you seem to be flying off the handle just to tell me my opinion is wrong.
Thats not what this is for.
In my opinion, some of the Gen V pokemon DO look strange and misplaced.

Its just when you state a particular reason that obviously applies to pokemon since the beginning that Ill start pointing it out, like just refering to Trubbish when it is clearly a fresh and creative new take on Grimer.
If your opinion is that you chose to dislike some gen V designs for no particular reason, well so be it. But that has nothing to do about whether there is any decrease in quality or lack of ideas imminent, which is what I was addressing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back