• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Hey followed RPers! Some of you may remember me, but if not, I had once been a pretty active RPer here. Unfortunately, I was kinda out of commission for a while.

However, I'm back (hopefully for good) and ready to roll. Just thought I give y'all a heads up!

Welcome back, and good health to you! Now for a shameless plug!

Enroll in the Vale Institute of Magic, and dive into a world of magic, explosions, mastering the five elements, school, explosions, romcoms, explosions, and most importantly, explosions (on steroids)!

Also, can you make a girl? There are too many guys, so we're shipping them together, but most of the players don't want to be gay.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Hi guys I just wanted to review the basic plot of an RP that I'm making. Also any help with GMing would be appreciated.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Kanea, looks good! Except for one thing - Branch For The Prevention of Destruction of The Human Race (BFTPDTHR) is rather ridiculous :p Unless it's meant to be funny, it is a wayyy too long abbreviation to be useful.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
@ Kanea, looks good! Except for one thing - Branch For The Prevention of Destruction of The Human Race (BFTPDTHR) is rather ridiculous :p Unless it's meant to be funny, it is a wayyy too long abbreviation to be useful.

Yeah I'll change that abbreviation soon.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
COMING FIRST QUARTER 2014, I PRESENT TO YOU THIS SHAMELESS TEASER

Spoiler:

YOU MAY NOW RETURN TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
It has been quite a while since I've been here. I think 2010 or 2011 is when I was last here. Perhaps even before that.

It's nice to see this place still relatively active, and even with some completed projects.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well THAT was a quick move. Three days my as.... er, butt.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
COMING FIRST QUARTER 2014, I PRESENT TO YOU THIS SHAMELESS TEASER

Spoiler:

YOU MAY NOW RETURN TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING
INTERESTING.

It has been quite a while since I've been here. I think 2010 or 2011 is when I was last here. Perhaps even before that.

It's nice to see this place still relatively active, and even with some completed projects.
Nice to see an oldie return, then :3 This is a really active section now, with tons of nice regulars.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I was thinking of making a RP based around the seven deadly sins (lust, greed, anger, sloth, pride, envy and gluttony), and have seven characters in the RP based around each of the sins.

First idea which popped into my head was that I could have all seven somehow being invited to a masked party (where people wear masks to hide their identity from other people), but then when they turn up everyone else in the party vanish except them seven and then they are greeted by some kind of an entity or spirit, ones who have came to punish the sinners. The story of the RP would basically be all the challenges that the characters face and the ending would be when they fight back and cleanse themselves from the curse which had been struck on them. This idea is on a basic level for now, and I can see how some things can go a bit weary, but I kinda like the whole concept of it myself.

What does anyone else think, first of the whole idea of an original RP based around the seven deadly sins, and second of the idea I came with? Thoughts are greatly appreciated! :D

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
While the idea is used quite a bit, it's not a bad idea entirely. Acting out a story like that is not entirely the worst thing to roleplay.

I'd love to see something come of it. It may need a bit more refinement and fleshing out, but it's not a bad idea in itself, and as you said, it's still in the idea phase.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
@ Kanea: I like it. A lot. It seems like you've already put a lot of thought into it.

@ DeLaMuerte: Can't wait. C:

@Zeta: Welcome back!

Also, just thought I'd place this here and see the communities thoughts and recommendations.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
hhhnnnnnffhfhghfhg harry potter that sounds all to exciting. i would suggest if this ring of wizards is somehow associated with voldemort please dont go there. i'd like to see brand new villains with brand new motive! give them a really great and terrible back story. you got 50 years to work with. use them!

perhaps use a prophecy one that hAS NOTHING TO DO WITH the actual person harry potter or make the ministry evil or... you've goT SO MANY THINGS YOU COULD DO!!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I agree with Skymin. If you make a Harry Potter RP then make it with new villians. Voldemort has gotten too mainstream c:

Years
^I'm with them.

JK has given you an awesome world to work with, don't just piggy-back off of her story and characters. I'd like to see where this story goes :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Ehm o.o random question >.> <.<
I know this might sound silly, considering the Kalos region and Gen VI are now up and running, but I've been wanting to join a Johto/Kanto-based RP for a while now and the ones I found some days back are either full or dead or just didn't appeal to me .-.
So I figured I'd make my own >->
Already got help with GMing and got an entire first OOC post with some details on the plot and everything ready <.< the extent of the plot and just how serious things are is still under development and all, but we're getting there. I wouldn't wanna post it just so I can RP in it by myself lol xD
So I was wondering if there's still fans of the Johto region and GSC/HG/SS still around that would wanna be in a Johto/Kanto-based RP >u<

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Now accepting reservations! Three spots remain open for reservation, and if you get them now, your spot will be saved until the 20th. We need Gorons, Gerudo and Zora!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back