• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That one character.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Is there someone in the gaming universe you just groan and moan at when they appear on screen? Like, in your mind, you're begging them to just leave? Well, in Sonic Heroes, I hated whenever I saw Tails...now believe me, Tails is a cool character, in my top 5 of fav Sonic characters, but his voice in Heroes was just awful...sure he sounded like a kid, but I just didn't approve.

Any characters you just dislike seeing?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Kusayama in Nocturnal Illusion. Idiotic drunkard with an annoying "us [gender] gotta stay together" attitude. I guess it goes in any eroge that male NPCs will be unlikeable. Suppose it's meant to juxtapose the PC. Awkward, really.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Tidus in Final Fantasy X (and not in Dissidia/Duodecim, I don't mind him all too much there). Other than him being generally annoying, what really bothered me about him was his role as the unreliable narrator of the story, constantly saying "This is my story!" and trying to center the story on himself when it was really about Yuna. Final Fantasy XII did this to a lesser extent with Vaan, in that the story was really about Balthier (and Ashe), but the difference is that Vaan doesn't really urge that it's his story, he's just riding on ambition. Tidus, on the other hand, truly believes that the story is his and that he's the hero, when one could easily simply say that he's just along for the ride (though it's not to say that he has nothing to do with the story). It's that persistent lack of self-awareness, as well as the lack of character progression, that really makes Tidus hard to like.

This isn't a problem in Dissidia/Duodecim, because in some sense it is his story (as well as the story of every other warrior of both Chaos and Cosmos), and at the same time, it's not about him at all. More, the urgence isn't really there, and he's free to develop in this mostly unrelated world free from the chains of development that Spira/FFX/-2 had him restrained in.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I'm sure there was a topic that was "most annoying/useless character" just recently. Don't want to repeat myself or sound like a hater (I do hate the kid though) but I'll keep it short and say Emil from ToS2.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Konohamaru in any Naruto game ever. Part 1, at least. I hate his stupid hide-and-seek missions. They're pointless.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
The S.H.I.E.L.D agents; especially Maria Hill from the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games. It's like, go away, you talk so much trash but in the end, you don't do a flipping thing except be an annoyance to us all. Ugh.

Reactions: T!M
Years
I'm pretty sure I've said this before in some other thread, but this ***** right here.

wheredidulearntofly.gif

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
The S.H.I.E.L.D agents; especially Maria Hill from the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games. It's like, go away, you talk so much trash but in the end, you don't do a flipping thing except be an annoyance to us all. Ugh.

Word. And her attitude is unbearable.

She's all; "Just because Nick stepped town, I'm top dog, surrender Steve."

I wish I had chosen to side with Cap in my first playthrough.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm pretty sure I've said this before in some other thread, but this ***** right here.

wheredidulearntofly.gif

Where did YOU learn to fly? :3

Word. And her attitude is unbearable.

She's all; "Just because Nick stepped town, I'm top dog, surrender Steve."

I wish I had chosen to side with Cap in my first playthrough.

Yeah exactly; I was hoooping to at least fight her, but nope! Game won't condone violence to annoying second in commands. :3

TY

Alexi from Command and Conquer: Kane's Wrath

Everytime i see her and she says she doesnt trust me, i just wanna punch her. Then in a other mission she begs that im not like CABAL (the Nod AI in Tiberian Sun: Firestorm who murdered dozens of humans with a cyborg army) and cries a bit. Once again, i wanna punch her in the face, though i cant cause im a AI in Kane's Wrath so i have no sodding arms...

Ugh... there should have been a mission where i could execute her >_>

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Larry Butz from Ace Attorney games. He is annoying, his music is annoying and his contributions to the plot are often really stupid.

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
Years
I hated Lightning Farron's Dissidia Duodecim self. Although I cannot say anything about her FFXIII self (I have never played FFXIII), in Duodecim, she was just evil to Kain and the Warrior of Light and didn't give them a chance to explain their motives. Sure, WoL tried to attack her, but his reasons were actually good.

Also, I have a strong dislike for Severa in Fire Emblem: Awakening. SOOO RUDE! She has her reasons (inferiority complex much?), but still, she's rude. Same with Maribelle, only she has no reason that I know of to act like a spoiled brat.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I hated Lightning Farron's Dissidia Duodecim self. Although I cannot say anything about her FFXIII self (I have never played FFXIII), in Duodecim, she was just evil to Kain and the Warrior of Light and didn't give them a chance to explain their motives. Sure, WoL tried to attack her, but his reasons were actually good.
Well, given the nature of what they were doing, I think that anyone would have responded the way that she did, especially since what they did seemed evil. There really was little room for interpretation, since what they were doing, to the Warriors of Cosmos, seemed like one of the most despicable actions that they could do, especially when you take into consideration a certain conclusion that Kain comes to about the matter.

Not to mention that the two weren't actually so open about it themselves. The Warrior of Light attacked first, and often times when asked about why they were doing what they were (including by Lightning) they would play The Quiet game, so I don't really think that the blame is on Lightning.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Ashley from Resident Evil 4. Moron never did anything helpful, except drive a freakin' bulldozer at one point, which was random af. I get I'm supposed to be saving her but, but seriously, how about instead of crouching when the Ganados come, you actually move? Having her put on the armor and then infinite launching her butt was satisfying.

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
Years
Well, given the nature of what they were doing, I think that anyone would have responded the way that she did, especially since what they did seemed evil. There really was little room for interpretation, since what they were doing, to the Warriors of Cosmos, seemed like one of the most despicable actions that they could do, especially when you take into consideration a certain conclusion that Kain comes to about the matter.

Not to mention that the two weren't actually so open about it themselves. The Warrior of Light attacked first, and often times when asked about why they were doing what they were (including by Lightning) they would play The Quiet game, so I don't really think that the blame is on Lightning.

Ahh, you're right. Never thought about it that way. Thanks!

I still don't like Maribelle or Severa, though. XD

Years
I really don't like Falco from Star Fox. I know he's supposed to be a jerk, but, well, it works. I just want to punch him.

Ashley from Resident Evil 4. Moron never did anything helpful, except drive a freakin' bulldozer at one point, which was random af. I get I'm supposed to be saving her but, but seriously, how about instead of crouching when the Ganados come, you actually move? Having her put on the armor and then infinite launching her butt was satisfying.
I HATED those missions. Turned me off the game for good.

Years
For me, it's pretty much every RPG character from Final Fantasy X onwards that got a voice. I can live with Falco's jerk-ish behaviour or Fi's constant hand-holding, but when you have to hear them speak every scene...

Back