• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You should check out Trade Corner! There are some amazing people there that would be happy to help you with your trade evolutions. :) Plus, there's a giveaway going on today for St. Patrick's Day. Lots of neat green shinies. Check it out!

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
How come sometimes when I throw a Poke Ball it shakes once and captures instantly? I have noticed this occurs more when the wild Pokemon is sleeping.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Fire Red Leaf Green Team

So I've been playing a Leaf Green rom (legally have cartridge) and i have recently beat the game, I have a save editor, so i want a really good Pokemon team. So, does anyone have suggestions? (also tell me moves they should have)

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
I've Searched Everywhere but can't seem to find any Sinnoh Hack which is Complete or have atleast 2 Betas?
Help? Don't throw me to uncompleted or "Going to release an alpha" Link okay? thanks. . I know I'm bit demanding. ^_^

P.S I just wanna Catch some Gen 4 Pokemons so it would be Better if you link me to a "649 FireRed patch".

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
So I've been playing a Leaf Green rom (legally have cartridge) and i have recently beat the game, I have a save editor, so i want a really good Pokemon team. So, does anyone have suggestions? (also tell me moves they should have)

You mean for team members? Well I personally I'd have an Arcanine with Extremespeed as one of it's moves, but that my personal preference it should be up to you. Though I also suggest going to In-Game Team Help if you want more suggestions as well?

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Transfering Pokés From Gen 3->5

Hello, peeps!

Just had a quick question. Now that the DS WiFi connection is being terminated, which of the following would still be possible?

1. R/S/E/FR/LG -> D/P/Pt
2. D/P/Pt -> B/W/B2/W2
3. B/W/B2/W2 -> X/Y

See, my plan is to play all gens, and when done with one, transfer the Pokemon to the next gen, and so on. However, if some of the above transfers will shortly be impossible, I would need to hurry up with it.

Thank you!
-Wild Jr.

PS: I hope that this is in the right forum section

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
The answer to your question is all of them will still be possible. This is because none of them use the WiFi to work. The Pal Park requires a 4th Gen Pokemon game in the DS card slot and a 3rd gen Pokemon game in the GBA game slot. The Poke Transfer requires the use of the download play to work. Where as Poke Transporter needs to bought in the Nintendo eShop and downloaded on the 3DS.

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
The answer to your question is all of them will still be possible. This is because none of them use the WiFi to work. The Pal Park requires a 4th Gen Pokemon game in the DS card slot and a 3rd gen Pokemon game in the GBA game slot. The Poke Transfer requires the use of the download play to work. Where as Poke Transporter needs to bought in the Nintendo eShop and downloaded on the 3DS.

This answers my question perfectly. Thank you!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I am pretty sure I played a game where beating a Pokemon does that as well. Maybe Sapphire or something.

Pretty sure that never happened in any of the main series games. Perhaps one of the spin-offs or something?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I am pretty sure I played a game where beating a Pokemon does that as well. Maybe Sapphire or something.

You can get money from wild pokémon in the Mystery Dungeon games if those wild pokémon previously picked up money off the ground somewhere. If it's in a main series game, maybe you used a move like Pay Day or something?

Years
pmd2. explorer of sky question

when I was drinking in cafe in game I got an egg and 2 Pokemon joiined me.
this is nt in any walkthrough.
any other had this experience. ?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Merging your thread with the spinoffs question and answers thread sticky, as it belongs there best. Can't offer any help myself I'm afraid, never played those games.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years

Yeah, I've had that happen. Those are some of the random events that can happen after drinking something at the café (like explosive stat growth, for example). I think the guide I had mentioned this somewhere, but it's been a while.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yep. That's also a feature of Spinda Café.
Useful, isn't it? =D
Unfortunately there's no way to affect when it happens and who wants to join, it's absolutely random.
Obviously you cannot get legendaries that way =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back