• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What game you have replayed the most?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I'm gonna replay BW2 when I get the chance within the next few days so I'm wondering -- what game(s) have you played the most? How about the fewest?

I've played FireRed quite a lot even if it isn't really among my favorites. On the other hand I've played XY once, and that was enough for me.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
I completely replayed Alpha sapphire but with somewhat more "roleplay-like" ...
Hoenn is my fav region by far and I love the remake of it a lot. So I thought if I were to be in the shoes of my character and got to choose ANY pokemon to start my journey with, who would I pick. I chose for Ralts and bred myself one before restarting the game, I then put it on my bank, restarted the game and the moment I got the pokedex I switched my starting pokemon I picked at random with Ralts. I also actually read what people had to say XD
I always find myself rushing through the game finishing it as fast as possible so I can have the time to fill out the dex but with pokebank I've been constantly moving all of my pokemon from one game to the next.

I honestly wish the game itself would just update itself like online games do and add in the new pokemon and/or regions to the game because I really miss contests, secret bases, etc in the other games :(

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I've replayed LeafGreen, Emerald, and Silver a lot. Out of these, I think Emerald the most because I had to restart several times.

I've only played through Diamond once and I'm dying to go through it a second time - after I migrate all my Pok?mon.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I sometimes try to go through all the games in order, but so far I've never made it all the way. As a result the games I've played the most come from Gen I, with Blue being played considerably more often than Red, Yellow, or the remakes.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
For whatever reason, Ruby is my most replayed. Not even sure why, it's not like it's super high up on my list.

Second most replayed one for me is Soul Silver, but that one makes more sense to me.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
Which Pokemon game have you played the most?

I was speaking to a friend the other day and we were talking about which of the Pokemon games we've put the most hours into over the years.

For him it was Crystal because he really loved Gen2, especially because you get to go back and visit Kanto (which is always a nice little throwback). For me though, I think it would have to be Emerald purely because of the amount of time I spent in the Battle Frontier and have since gone back time an time again and, once again, spent a lot of time in the Battle Frontier.

So, which of the Pokemon games have you spent the most time playing over the years and what is it that takes you back to that game over and over again?

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
This usually depends based on what I feel like playing, but at the moment, it's probably a close tie between X and Alpha Sapphire, because Gen VI was the point where I started getting into competitive, therefore I couldn't afford to restart and throw away my hard-trained Pokemon. During summer last year though, when Pokemon GO was at its height, I remember revisiting SoulSilver and tying up all the loose ends with it, such as the Pokedex and the Gold Prints in the Battle Frontier. Even now, the Pokedex is still not complete thanks to SM swaying my attention away.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Probably Crystal. I didn't pay attention to playtime back then, but I'm almost positive I maxed out my time. I played basically every day for an entire year. I was so attached to it. Second place is probably DPPT, which I had 1000+ hours across multiple games.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Most likely Emerald. I think it had +350 hours on it.

Including spin-offs, maybe Red & Blue Rescue Team might top it.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Platinum. Would do a run every year for a period of time there. Tried doing another one this year once Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon got announced, but lost interest.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My highest hour counts are on X and Diamond. Both have somewhere between 400 and 500 hours (I think closer to 500), but I don't remember the exact totals. I've never restarted either one of them, though, and most of that time was spent on breeding (especially on X) or on trading-related activities.

The only physical cartridge that I've restarted on is Red, which I've had three main files on (four, if I count one I restarted very early on, plus another on on my eShop version and some other non-cartridge ones). I don't know how many hours I have on RBY, but I know none of the individual files have gotten up to the 255:59 max.

The game that felt like the largest time commitment, even though it wasn't, was Gold (which died at 257 hours). I think time felt like it moved more slowly back then, and I have a ton of memories of playing that game, so that's probably why it feels like the most meaningful. I only have 2-3 hours so far on my eShop copy, though, and I never restarted the game on my original file (except for a quick couple of hours after the battery died and my save file got deleted).

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
I will always keep going back to FireRed no matter how much I try and stay away from it. It was the first Pokémon game I ever played and owned, and it was what got me to like Blastoise so much.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
So I no longer owned a 3DS, so I replaying BW2 right now or might play SS after finishing BW2 progress

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Probably Pokemon X. While, I love the ideas for Pokemon Moon... I have always preferred Pokemon X a lot more than others. I always keep going back to it, even if I've played Pokemon Moon more than others.
Can I ask what you liked about X specifically? I've never been sure what people see in it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Can I ask what you liked about X specifically? I've never been sure what people see in it.

Well, for me... it's actually because atm, Pokemon X and Pokemon Moon are my only games. Some of my other Pokemon ones have been misplaced and such. ^^; However, X was the first game where I was able to beat the elite four without cheats. In many of the non-3D games, I was never able to beat the elite four & champion without using rare candies and such. :c I think that's why I like X is because it's easier for me to get through the game without cheating. I'm the type who doesn't do the whole EV/IV training because honestly... I have no idea how to go about doing any of it. I just catch a Pokemon once and use it in my team without thinking twice as to whether the Pokemon is going to be epic or not.

(Sorry... I didn't mean for that to be long. :S )

Back