• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Considering in FR and LS the odds on finding a shiny is 1/8192 I find it hard to believe you have every shiny or even 42 of them, until there is solid proof in the form of pictures or video you will not be admitted to the club.

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
finally...
i was huntin my secret shiny which i have got chains up to 45, 42 and 39 and many others in the 25-38 range and i found a shinx and decided to go for it and take a break. so after the 13th one in my chain i reset once and found the shiny patch for my first time!

yes a shiny shinx i know a common one to find on the forums but it is my first sinoh shiny

Shinx
gentle
lv 5
hp-21-iv 30
atk-12-iv 9
def-8-iv 21
spA-9-1v 9
spD-9-iv 21
sp-10-iv 19

sorry uploaded pics are not working it is legit though

I will ev train it once i find my secret shiny
i have some questions on that though
where should i train it?
against what poke?
what should i ev train it for?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
The Queen of Spades said:
DDD - 'Have a nice day' - Bon Jovi? =o Anyways, which are you hoping pops up as a shiny? Or do you seriously not care, and just want a shiny? I'm kinda like that with my FR right now. XD Maybe you'll get lucky, and get the shiny you want the most in that little patch of grass. ^_^

I care, for the most part, about the ones that come up. I'll review a brief history of what I've done (although I won't go all the way back to the beginning).

On Diamond, I'm using the Radar to chain the Pokemon I want. I have 15, and I'm not breaking it or entering any more grass until a patch of grass shines. Because if that does, my Pokemon will be there in shiny form. Other Pokemon if they come up shiny, the grass will not shine. Sorta sad, makes me think of the Pokemon I've missed.
Anyway, it's like SRing at this point.

On LG, I'm SRing for Charmander. I done some today. But if I got anything, you'd know by now.

Otherwise, I'm not doing anything else on my games. On Emerald it's set-up for Magnemite, and on it I've put in over 80 hours of looking. I may try again some tonight, but I need Diamondback (lol) ASAP, that way I can train my other shinies for my team to use. Oh, and PBR, anyone? I'm going to get it Friday, hopefully.

I was dual-playing with Sapphire for Magnemite, and a shiny Voltorb came up instead. It's a VERY NICE Pokemon though.

I'm holding off on Magikarp. I'm obsessed with Synchronize, because of the possibility of having a very good Pokemon. Afterall, my Roserade, in a battle a few nights ago, OHKO'd a Water Pokemon, and almost OHKO'd a Camerupt and would've 2HKO'd if it didn't get burned by Lava Plume (somehow, it survived).
Note that it was at Lv. 50 Set.

I need another Adamant Synchro Abra, so I may try to get that. But even if I do, I can't get it because I'm searching on Diamond and can't do anything until I get the shiny on there or screw up. If I screw up, it's going to break me for a little while.....

Oh, and I'm a HUGE Bon Jovi fan. :)
-DDD

Congrats everyone on their catches, but I have to laugh at the Shinxes. When I was trying to chain a different Pokemon and train larvitar, I tried chaining Shinx instead. It was hard NOT to run into one of those things, and they're extremely common, unlike my 10-Pokemon-Per-Route huntings. So, GOOD LUCK when you decide to try something else. ;P It's alot harder than it looks.

Oh, and has anyone seen the infamous "I'm gonna be the best" Shido? I think he's hiding somewhere... or he's around, he's, well, hiding! And when he comes out....

"lol got 10 more shiniez lol"

Shido said:
:P XD

Years
Okay, jeez, my secret shiny is NOT Mareep. Do you really think I'd be that obvious? The clues are buried in this thread! xP

I finally found my secret target again and am chaining it.

Edit: Oh, LDD, about Seviper:

[click for more pictures, none of which are current]

She's a she, and is currently L64 and EVed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
umm i guess this is my...3rd? time joining this club (xD) i guess i will re-re-join because i joined about 3 years ago..ANYWAYS here are the shinies i have left because if you zoomed over the 'wireless trade' forum i just gave away my..20 or so shinies:

~Psyduck
~Snover (had 2, one left)
~Meditite (now its a medicham. Does that count?)
~Medicham (read earlier note ^ xD)

so i guess if you'd take my application into consideration i'd be glad to re-join this club =)

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Everyone and their shiny Shinx'. *sighs* Why is it I'm looking for one and can't chain them? (I did get a chain to 10 last night, making shiny shinx in 2nd and 3rd place now.

@ MM - Very nice shiny Seviper, does she battle well?

EDIT: Well I got a chain up to 24... of Nidoran males... but no shiny...

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I was looking for the shiny Zapdos. I am at my mums house on Sunday, Monday and tuesday so can't post because she doen't have internet. I still don't have it but got plenty of time to look now i have finished school.
Have taken a break from hunting Zapdos to look for Shiny torchic again on Sapphire.
Also playing Final Fantasy 3 while I SR.
Welcome to all new members.
Congratulations on the Shiny MM.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Heh Congrats to everyone who got a shiny the last few pages! Lol sorry for not posting for a while here, been busy. Anyways I'm still currently sring for uxie on my diamond and chimchar on pearl. 12th day of sring for uxie, no luck yet. Lol I'm probably the only player left who still hasn't tried the Pokeradar xD I haven't even beaten my game yet...all because I need a router to get mesprit's dex info via trading. Should be getting one next month. In other news I finally got my hands on a Jirachi Bonus disk last week from an online trade I did. The day I got it I managed to do 10 SRs in 90mins Lol extremely slow. I'd have done more but my bro has been hogging our wii playing RE4 wii edition and Naruto GNT4 too. I'll have time this weekend to do some, plan on doing at least another 20-30 x__x Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I never got a chance to use the bonus disc to SR for Jirachi. but the disc I was using was at friends house so would have been rude to sit at his house SRing for it. I still haven't used the pokeradar yet. But I don't Have Diamond or Pearl yet. Hate living in England. We get everything last. This place is quite active at the minute. Will get Pearl on the day it is released i think and get Diamond as soon as i get the money for it. So should be around the 23rd of August depending on my GCse results.

Hey LDD you haven't been around for ages.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Well, I didn't train at all last night, nor did I SR.

Oblvion isn't working, so I exchanged it for Guitar Hero II. Will get some SRing and maybe some training done today during break time and maybe lunch too (work ftw =D).

Anyways, good luck on all teh hunts.

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
day 9 and still no shiny charmander =(
I think I'm going to kill someone! I spend 4to 5 hours on end just SRing for it@@

COME TO ME CHARMANDER!! (and you better be shiny)

What other missions are we on for Shinies?!?!? Need anything done? I could probably go for a break in SRing to look for a shiny!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
There are Eevee behind the house today in my game, so I'm hunting shiny Eevee right now, the normal way, I can't find 1 with the radar at all, le sigh.

I did get a Shinx chain up to 17... I know it's low, but it's a record for my Shinx chaining. lol V(^_^)V

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Did alittle bit of Sring for my Zapdos while i was offline. I even sat having my haircut and Sred for it. My dad wasn't happy but i really want it. It will be my first shiny legendary. Shame i will have to use my masterball because i don't have anything else to use and am totally out of money. Am getting the Zapdos before i done the Elite four aswell so don't have much choice on the pokemon I have. Might get out my Syther to false swipe it and use raichu's thunder wave on it. But only got 4 Great balls, 1 Ultra ball, 1 Poke ball and my Master ball. What you think I should do?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
How about leaving the Power Plant and sell some items? Then with that money, you could but as many ultra balls possible. You'll seriously need the Master for Mewtwo. He's much more difficult than the leg. birds. To weaken him, use false swipes and THEN paralyze. While throwing a ton of ultras, have a rock type Pokemon out so that the attacks are less effective.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I already got my rock type on me. Not got many items to sell. I can catch Mewtwo without using my master ball. I am hoping to save it for my legendary dog Entie. Going to get my syther and us the find some people i haven't battled yet to find money. Will hopefully have it ready by the time i go to sleep to soft reset tomorrow. It is 9:20 at night in the UK.
Im off for tonight. Good luck with your hunts till I'm on tomorrow.
Thanks for the advise.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Got my Diamond team up one level. n.n That much closer to hunting for Giratina. =D

Didn't reset at all for Charmander, sadly, but I will later...

Gl everyone! ^^

<I>Kobra<I>

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Lol, I wish it was only 9 days of SRing Charmander for me now. :P Cause it's been months. >_> But I can't say I've done it every day since day one. Totodile, however, was like that. So, anyhoo, good luck. Those who want it most, I suppose need it the most.

I haven't really played my games today; been playing Mario Party 1 alot. I still have my chain though and do it alot at night, because for me the sparkles are more noticable at night.
Yesterday I SR'd for Charmander, but I had alot on my mind. And between Mario party today, I've been doing housework. So, uh, yeah. Pokemon will have to wait til later tonight. I can't say I'm looking forward to it... but I usually end up doing 4000+ steps in one sitting. I'm now under 700 Max Repels. I -should- have that Pokemon by at least a few hundred repels more. I'm just glad I bought more when I was raising Roserade, or I might be starting to sweat about it now. I can't go back, or break the chain and have to start all over again another day.

Good luck! :)
-DDD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
there is no real advise for shiny hunting. You just have to keep looking and don't give up.
Didn't get my team ready last night for my Zapdos hunt. I am taking a break from that to train my team up to beat the Elite Four.

Back