• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help with my team please!!!!!!!!!

Years
I need some help with my team. i thought they were prtty good but ive beeen
gettin killed lately. not a big deal, just need some help with some flaws
heres my team:

tyranitar
item:none yet
ability:sandstorm
evs: attack/deffense/hp
moves:stealth stone
dark pulse
earthquake
stone edge

torterra
item:leftovers
ability:overgrow
evs:attack/defense/hp
moves:crunch
leech seed
wood hammer
earthquake

feraligatr
item:razor claw
ability:torrent
evs:attack/defense/hp
moves:crunch
avalanche
hydro cannon
surf

infernape
item:none
ablity:blaze
evs:attack/speed/sp. def
moves:slack off
substitute
close combat
blaze blitz?

electavire
item:expert belt
ability:motor drive
evs:attack/speed/defense
moves:fire punch
ice punch
thunder
brick break

dragonite
item:leftovers
ability:inner focus
eves:attack/defense/speed
moves:dragon dance
outrage
fire blast
aqua tail

let me kno wat yu guys think and how i can make my team better.
thanks

Pokemon Μaster

Pokemon-Master #win-11 #loss 2
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2010
ok set-up infernape with this set-up and lead with him,

Infernape@ Focus Sash
jolly, 252speed 252attack 4sp.ded/whatever
moveset:
1.fakeout
2.stealth-rock
3.close-combat
4.flare-blitz
Self-Explanatory LEAD, Fakeout first leaving focus-sash useless, set-up stealth-rocks, then try to ko their lead,

I would put a lifeorb on electrivire, i was always scared of loosing hp but tried using lifeorbs today and got a TON of ohko's also won 6/6battles

Since you have know rapid-spinner/Special sweeper i would replace feraligator with this:

Starmie@ lifeorb
timid, 252speed 252sp.atk 4sp.def
moveset-
1.icebeam
2.hydropump
3.rapid-spin
4.recover
Awesome sweeper & rapid-spins,

I never liked tyranitar but i guess focus-sash is a choice, i ohko'd 2 ttars today with staraptors close-combat,

Sorry if i sound bossy--- my opionions only, i'll have more tommorow,

Last edited:
Years
ok set-up infernape with this set-up and lead with him,

Infernape@ Focus Sash
jolly, 252speed 252attack 4sp.ded/whatever
moveset:
1.fakeout
2.stealth-rock
3.close-combat
4.flare-blitz
Self-Explanatory LEAD, Fakeout first leaving focus-sash useless, set-up stealth-rocks, then try to ko their lead,

I would put a lifeorb on electrivire, i was always scared of loosing hp but tried using lifeorbs today and got a TON of ohko's also won 6/6battles

Since you have know rapid-spinner/Special sweeper i would replace feraligator with this:

Starmie@ lifeorb
timid, 252speed 252sp.atk 4sp.def
moveset-
1.icebeam
2.hydropump
3.rapid-spin
4.recover
Awesome sweeper & rapid-spins,

I never liked tyranitar but i guess focus-sash is a choice, i ohko'd 2 ttars today with staraptors close-combat,

Sorry if i sound bossy--- my opionions only, i'll have more tommorow,

no not at all, that acttually help alot. ill give those a try. yeah my ttar hasnt helpd at all.

Pokemon Μaster

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2010
K just dont want to change your whole team, XD should i find a replacement for ttar? he was a sweeper, right?

Years
K just dont want to change your whole team, XD should i find a replacement for ttar? he was a sweeper, right?

thats probly what i need. well he was my lead so yu already took care of that but ill take any suggestion. wat do yu think about torterra?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
We need to now what EVs you have in numerical values, and a brief description of what your Pokemon does and what it's role is would be nice.

Pokemon Μaster

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2010
Im unfamilar with torterra, is leach-seed really worth a slot? toxic or sleep-powder might work better, preferbally toxic since he might be able to stall, i'd keep leftovers,

as for dragonite- Expert-belt seems good, he can take hits so lifeorb can/should be left out, reasoning for leftovers?-- also more damage for when sworddance is not a option (running out of hp)

i assumed the ev's were listed: 252/252/4

Last edited:
Years
Im unfamilar with torterra, is leach-seed really worth a slot? toxic or sleep-powder might work better, preferbally toxic since he might be able to stall, i'd keep leftovers,

as for dragonite- Expert-belt seems good, he can take hits so lifeorb can/should be left out, reasoning for leftovers?-- also more damage for when sworddance is not a option (running out of hp)

i assumed the ev's were listed: 252/252/4

i have a meganium that has toxic and synthesis but its not ev trained, i think i might use it if i spend the time trainin it.

as for dragonite i put leftovers on him so it would negate ttars sand stream but ill go with the expert belt on it. should i replace outrage with somethin else like dragon claw or dragon rush? although i never liked the accuracy on dragon rush

yeah thats the ev spread on all of them.

Pokemon Μaster

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2010
& now a ttar replacement

Weavle@ lifeorb
jolly 252speed 252attack 4sp.def
moveset:
1.pursuit
2.lowkick
3.iceshard
4.icepunch

Nice phis sweeper only slower than a ninjajask,

& stick with torterra just get tm-toxic, replace wood-hammer with ingrain mabey & leach-seed with toxic,

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
& now a ttar replacement

Weavle@ lifeorb
jolly 252speed 252attack 4sp.def
moveset:
1.pursuit
2.lowkick
3.iceshard
4.icepunch

Nice phis sweeper only slower than a ninjajask,

& stick with torterra just get tm-toxic, replace wood-hammer with ingrain mabey & leach-seed with toxic,

Weavile doesn't need full Speed EVs. Use 252 Atk/216 Speed and put the rest into HP. I'd use Night Slash instead of Ice Punch since the things you'd hit with it are KOed by Ice Shard anyway. Also use Choice Band. This turns Weavile into a revenge killer that serves as a check against the metagame's top threats.

Pokemon Μaster

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2010
Weavle with a lifeorb does not miss out on many kills, probably like 2, icepunch is needed for flygon& other bulky dragons---- dragonite---- Night-Slash does not damage the popular OU pokemon & ice-punch is the ideal choice, As for the evs, hp will not help at all considering weavles low defences, weavles priority is to attack first & ko as quick as possible, A priority attack in her moveset does not get rid of speed usage, A aerodactle/jolteon would ohko weavle, without max speed other OU pokemon can out-speed her, considering her horrible defence she cannot stand being hit before she attacks,

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Weavle with a lifeorb does not miss out on many kills, probably like 2, icepunch is needed for flygon& other bulky dragons---- dragonite---- Night-Slash does not damage the popular OU pokemon & ice-punch is the ideal choice, As for the evs, hp will not help at all considering weavles low defences, weavles priority is to attack first & ko as quick as possible, A priority attack in her moveset does not get rid of speed usage, A aerodactle/jolteon would ohko weavle, without max speed other OU pokemon can out-speed her, considering her horrible defence she cannot stand being hit before she attacks,
Those EVs allow you to outspeed Alakazam, Starmie, and others max Speed EVs are a waste. And those HP EVs allow you to survive a Hydro Pump from LO Starmie. You want Night Slash for Pursuit bait Pokemon that decide not to switch. Ice Shard is enough to take ou Dragonite since it takes 25% of its health just to switch into SR. The Pokemon you would hit with Ice Punch are already 4x weak to ice and take 25% off switching in and considering most Dragon Dance so they will outspeed you Night Slash > Ice Shard.

Pokemon Μaster

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2010
.. Assuming the opponet has a rapid-spinner, (most do) stealth-rocks gone, Another point being somone could use choice band'instead of swordancing, Ice-Punch is a better move,

Back