• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Team

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, guys! It's me again! And after the great luck I had with my rain dance team I thought I'd ask for your advice again!

My team is a bit of a gimic, obviously, so any thoughts outside of: "Dude, retarded team, would be great! *Laughs* Anyway, tear it to pieces like before.

Furret @ Choice scarf
Jolly nature, 252 Spe & Atk, 4 HP
Keen Eye

Trick
Toxic
Substitute
Sucker Punch

Cute lil guy...Hell of a nuisance to other teams.

Gyrados @ Lum berry
Adamant Nature, 252 Spe & Atk, 4 HP
Intimidate

Taunt
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall

Typical Bruiser.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature, 252 Atk & Spe, 4 HP
Poison Heal

Spore
Substitute
Focus Pawnch
Seed Bomb

Just the classic.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Careful Nature 252 HP, 100 Def & Spd, 56 Atk
Pressure

Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split
Sucker Punch
Fire Punch

Burns people and surprises people with Priority move

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Careful Nature 252 HP, 100 Def & Spd, 56 Atk
Gluttony

Acupressure
Rest
Knock off
Rock Slide

The lesser known boistrous bruiser shuckle. Switch in on a nice counter and Acupressure like mad, resting when necessary.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant, 252 Atk, 156 HP, 100 Def
Technition

Bullet Punch
Superpower
Swords Dance
Roost

An atypical Scizor, specializing in power and walling than hit and run.

All right people...Stand behind this line. *draws line in the dirt and raises hand* Demolition time, people! *drops hand* Go go go!

scizor007

Vengeance
Years
1.No offence, but,REALLY,furret is BAD starter(all u'll manage to do is giv ur opp a ch. scarf & get KOed)
Use some thing like a Metagross or Bronzong,which hav impressive def&sp defs.plus, they r pretty good sweepers.set up stealth rock 1st & switch.
2.I'd use sandstorm/toxic on Shuckle-it's rock slide sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I see what you're saying about The lil guy, but give him some credit where credit is due! Most leads that I know of like to either A) Taunt, B) Set up SR or C) Set up weather. If I get off the trick before them (more likely than not) They'd be stuck in the same move, forcing a switch. I'd sub then toxic and switch since his priority move will be super useful later on. And if I can toxic...well just go out swingin I say.

About shuckle...would you care to give me a reason to remove the only reliable attack he has? Sand storm is great, yes, and the boost to SPD is amazing...but it destroys what he's MEANT for: Surprise bruiser, After three Attack boosts a little rock slide can do MASSIVE damage if they're not expecting it, right?

Any other ideas? I DO appreciate the criticism. I do.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I see what you're saying about The lil guy, but give him some credit where credit is due! Most leads that I know of like to either A) Taunt, B) Set up SR or C) Set up weather. If I get off the trick before them (more likely than not) They'd be stuck in the same move, forcing a switch. I'd sub then toxic and switch since his priority move will be super useful later on. And if I can toxic...well just go out swingin I say.

That'd be cool and all except Furrets most common switch ins aka Steels negate you totally. Furret is a joke, useless gimmick anyway in OU and its set up fodder, something this team cannot afford. Ditch it for something to set up Stealth Rock, since you know that is actually useful. -.-

About shuckle...would you care to give me a reason to remove the only reliable attack he has? Sand storm is great, yes, and the boost to SPD is amazing...but it destroys what he's MEANT for: Surprise bruiser, After three Attack boosts a little rock slide can do MASSIVE damage if they're not expecting it, right?

Yeah you wont live long enough to get an Acupressure off and even if you do, Shuckle has base 10 attack for goodness sake. You do realize Caterpie with Bug Bite has a higher damage output right rofl ? Again, useless set up fodder.

but it destroys what he's MEANT for: Surprise bruiser, After three Attack boosts a little rock slide can do MASSIVE damage if they're not expecting it, right?

Yeah if you class 2% good damage lol!

But seriously dont. Toxic/Encore/Knock Off/Rest is basically all Shuckle can do.

Any other ideas? I DO appreciate the criticism. I do.

Well you have dead weight. You're seriously limiting yourself by using useless gimmicks like Furrett and Acupressure Shuckle. Please just get rid of them for something better. Lucario might work over Shucke since it works well with Gyarados, Scizor and Breloom as they all share similar counters so you can wear them down.

Gyarados also needs a better ev spread which is more bulky with Taunt.

130.png
@Leftovers
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce / Stone Edge

You don't need Lum Berry, Taunt stops status.

Non stab Outrage is poop. Bounce has the same power due to stab and comes with a nice paralysis rate too.

Smogon said:
156 HP EVs lets Gyarados survive two Life Orb Heatran's Fire Blasts after Stealth Rock. 96 Defense EVs allows Gyarados to avoid a 2HKO by Quick Attack by Choice Band Scizor. 184 EVs in Speed means Gyarados will outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar and +Speed base 115s after a Dragon Dance. The rest are put into Attack.

Lastly drop Dusknoir, 1. He is inferior to Rotom. 2. He is only useful for stopping Rapid Spin on spikes stacking teams, this isnt a Spikes stacking team.

Furrett and Noir should be replaced for things that help deal with Gyarados and Dragons.

Back