• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Are there wild gastly in Sprout tower? I've been searching for a while now and only rattata keep appearing -_- if not where can i catch a gastly ??

Are there contests in this hack? Considering it's an emerald hack i thought i'd ask..

Do pokemon learn any other moves than they originally do in emerald? i mean did you change their moovepool?

And lastly.. great hack keep up the good work and to anyone who answers my questions thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
Years
1. No Ghastly ingame for now as the day and night pokemon system doesnt works.

2. There is only the bug catching contest available, pokemon contests will be included in sevii islands as far as i know

3. I think all pokemons moves are the same as with all other 3rd gen games

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 17, 2015
alright so i just beat the elite 4 on this game and saw the credits… is there anything else i can do because those two guys are preventing me from going to mt silver and to the next region…

also which legends are you able to catch in this hack… the only one I've encountered is suicune(which i caught with a poke ball). This was a great hack i really enjoyed it and wish there was more.

Years
alright so i just beat the elite 4 on this game and saw the credits… is there anything else i can do because those two guys are preventing me from going to mt silver and to the next region…

I'm quite sure you need to get to Olivine City and take the ship to Vermilion City.

Route 22 is blocked off until you have reached Viridian City, and travel to Route 22.

Route 28 and Mt. Silver are only accessible after you've defeated the elite four the second time (higher levels), but in beta 2, it's probably not done yet since Kanto is not completed yet.

Ttar0914

Years
I've started playing the Hack and I have to say that it's amazing!
But there's one thing that bothers me: What's with the trade evolutions? Are they kept in this hack or have they been removed?

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2020
wooo Beat it ready for a beta 3! Op anyway I can help i worked on android programming a little and i took a class on digital media?

anyways I know how to get Lugia, HO-OH, and Deoxys IF you use game-shark cheats for the Islands.

you have to do it a certain way to be able to return if enough people are interested i will make a YouTube video How to.

Last edited:

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
I just started playing this hack, and so far, it looks great to me! However, there are some bugs with the PokeGear.

First, it's Youngster Joey. When I called him, he will sometimes say, "It's me, the mountain-loving JOEY! Well, since we met, have you grown to appreciate the mountains more? I rarely see you in the mountains... Next time, we'll meet somewhere in UNION CAVE." And the PokeGear states that Joey is in Union Cave.

Then, I registered Bug Catcher Wade inside my PokeGear, but his entry is not found in the PokeGear.

He forgot his Rattata. Outside the cave. And he is lost forever.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
I hope I get a shiny graphical award to put up on the first post! :D

Also, today I'm putting out a tiny bugfix patch for yesterday's update. It fixes the new girl sprite's palette as well as a random tile error I found. Same download link as usual.

I've found a bug, regarding the battle gameplay capture, not really important and may difficult to fix but anyway here it is...

When you have recieved the frontier pass (in the battle tower) you have the ability to record your important battles (link battles or the frontier ones) and then replay them at any time, using the "battle record" option in the frontier pass (Player Name Menu). This is at least how it worked in the original Emerald Version.

This functionality remains almost intact in Crystal Dust too, but it has a problem.
You can only replay your battles if you are inside a building (close space), when you are in an open area, i.e. in the middle of a town, the game instantly crashes when you select to replay recorded battle.

I don't know much about asm programming, but i believe it is a possible out of memory error. My explanation is the following: When you are into a building or close space the game has only loaded the building map at that time, so because it is so small (one floor loaded at a time), the game has sufficient enough memory to play and recreate the battle from the log file. But when you are in an open area, the game loads all the world map, so there is not enough memory to load the logged battle too, so it crashes.

In the original Emerald this worked fine, but here because of all the overwriten stuff and garbage in the rom (old maps remains, uneeded scrips etc), this is the reason that causes the problem, i believe.

I know that to fix that bug may be really difficult, maybe the rom must be cleaned from all the garbage stuff in it. It is not so important also. I just reported it because this hack is so perfect and i love playing linked battles with my friends on our android phones! Anyway i can view the battle records with no problems when i'm in abuilding, as i said above, and i can also use some screen recording software on my phone to capture gameplay. Keep up the amazing work <3

Rata

Pokemon Terra Firma Creator.
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2020
Hello!
I really like the cover of the hack, the truth is pretty good.
I really like that've joined Jhoto and Kanto in one hack,
That makes the hack interesting.

Greetings!

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
OMFG...THIS IS AMAZING! IS THIS FOR GBA? O_O THAT INTRO IS TOTALLYYYY WILDD AND AMAZINGG!!!!

Seriously? Yes this is for gba buddy.

It is not hard to add new Pokedex Entries. I found method that easy as pie give you able to expand Pokedex in every version of your rom. And important thing. NO ASM working.

Your kidding right? Mind to share? Haha. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Okay, so I followed the steps to use this hack and it did not work. When I patched the Emerald Game and tried to play it, the screen is just white.

I have used both patches, redownloaded the patch, used different emerald roms. I do not know what else do to, can anyone help me?

Back