• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Which legendary is best? legendary birds edition

Which bird is best?

• Articuno

Votes: 46 40.0%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Moltres

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
Years
Not only is he my favorite of the Legendary Birds trio, but Zapdos is my favorite flying-type! Articuno and Moltres are cool, but they don't stand out as much as Zapdos does, what with his spiky wings.

Although I really like them as a group... I find the whole ArticUNO, ZapDOS, MolTRES thing fascinating.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 23, 2018
Zapdos for the movepool and type combination. One of the few to learn Drill Peck. Back then there were like two good Flying type moves in terms of direct offensive power. The other being Aeroblast, so both were very limited in terms of pokémon that could learn them.

Articuno has great design though. I like Moltres as well. Really nice trio.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Moltres because fire is my favourite type and it's based on a phoenix which is my second favourite mythical creature after dragon.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I am really surprise! I was sure Moltres was one of the most popular! i really thought it was Zapdos who's gonna have less votes!

Still, my favorite is Zapdos. Badass and electric type, that must be why.
Honestly I really love all 3. There is not a design I don't like.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
For those of you who can't decide on one, you can pick multiple options!
My favorite is articuno though.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I always loved Articuno and Zapdos...especially the later being an electric legendary bird. XD I like Moltres too, don't get me wrong, but I was just a bit more impressed with the other two :P

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
In battle Zapdos has the upper hand and it's design is neat. When it comes to design I like Moltres the most. I used to like Articuno the most, but naw, I like Moltres. But as for my favorite all together it's Zapdos

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Great, looks like we have quite a bit of data! Thanks to you all, and of course you can still vote.

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I loved Articuno and I thought it was the best of the three. Probably because I thought it was the hardest to reach.

Now I think it's Zapdos, the Flying/Electric combination is awesome

Sirfetch’d

Gonna go with Articuno. It's got a super cool design and I love the Ice type in general. 8)

I KNEW SOMEONE WAS GOING TO MAKE THIS PUN.

Articuno is my favorite as well. I used it on my first gen 1 run and have loved it ever since. It's very strong in these games and is quite an appealing Pokemon to look at overall.

Sirfetch’d

why.png

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I like Moltres.
Moltres is a fearsome bird with high offensive prowess.

More seriously, Moltres earns my favour because it has a cool typing, beastly offensive stats, and a neat design. It's not the best Kanto bird as far as competitive Pokemon is concerned, but it is still formidable. It screwed the RarelyUsed tier for years in XY/ORAS before getting banned and was an unorthodox but somewhat effective Agility + Fire Spin user that could hit hard and sponge special hits in RBY.

Zapdos and Articuno are cool, too, with Articuno being both literally and metaphorically cool; they're just not as neat as Moltres.

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
Years
why all that hate for moltres? lol in german its " Arktos (icetype)" "Lavados (fire type) " Zapados (electr. type) i find the german names way better....especially better than "moltres" :-S maybe the hate comes from his name :-P

Lavados (i think even english ppl understand this name LAVA...) is awesome pokemon

Free Fire

Back