• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What's your favorite 3rd generation Pokémon and why?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Altaria! It's super cute and fluffy, plus I like that it's a Dragon type and you would never know by just looking at it. You can teach it a lot of crazy moves and have a varying moveset with them, so I never get bored raising them. Altaria is just important to me in general, though. Swablu became the mascot for Challenges while I moderated it, so naturally I was the Altaria. :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
hands down blaziken. when ruby and sapphire were coming out i only knew the base form of the starters and besides that just wingull, duskull, and sharpedo. so when i started the game i truly didnt know what to expect. i went with torchic and when it evolved into combusken i was kind of disappointed. when it finally evolved into blaziken i remember thinking it had the coolest design and typing. imo easily a 10/10 pokemon

Years
Swampert. I named my Swampert Bobo. I don't know why. Bobo was my first ever level 100 Pokemon, so wherever you are Bobo, I MISS YOU!

Huntail's design is epic, don't deny it. I love Breloom's design, and Manetric was awesome too.

Years
My favorite would easily be Gardevoir.

When I saw Wally catch a Ralts, I instantly loved its cute design and wanted to catch my own. It became one of my most valued team members, as it has a pretty good special attack. it was specially useful in ORAS because of its Fairy typing. It's even one of my all time favorite Pokemon, and it's my favorite shiny Pokemon.

Last edited:

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
I like blaziken, because it has plenty of power, and it looks great.
Also don't forget absol, because it looks cool. The absol also has enough power.
And my third favorite hoenn pokemon is Linoone, it's quite powerful. Only downside is the linoone cannot attack ghost pokemon, but i mitigated it with thundershock.

AoiTheAxolotl

The most ADORABLE gamer
Years
My favorite would have to me Aggron, It just looks so powerful and I feel as though it's evolution line is super fitting. Additionally, It's Lore that I just eats mountains is crazy. But I really like how it replants the trees it uproots, what a nice guy! >~

Years
Altaria by far.

Even If I used to hate fighthing against Winona's ataria, the whole design of the pokemon make me want to train one even more.

Glad it actually got a mega who happen to be really usefull! :)

FlakyGuy

A super flaky person~
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Cacturne. It's one of the first if not the first Pokemon I ever saw. Plus it's a really cool looking Pokemon :D

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
My favorite is sceptile because i have so many memories and so many funny moments playing and training sceptile.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Hard to decide...

For the longest time my favourite Hoenn pokemon was Numel. There's just something about it I find really likeable. If I had to have a Pokemon as a pet I think I'd like to have a Numel.

There's also Pokemon like Mawile, Roselia and Kyogre though which I really love. (Gulpin and Tropius are other great Hoenn Pokemon)

Years
My favourite one is Torchic. I always choose it as a starter pokemon. I also love chicken personally. In game, It's also a strength fire-type pokemon and good stat too.

Last edited:

Elixirloxx23

Just getting started!
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 14, 2020
If you couldn't tell by my current avatar, it's Sceptile! Such a cool design and an even better battler to use. Not to mention that it can mega-evolve as well!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 27, 2022
EMy favourite Pokémon is Charizard. Because Charizard is Fire,Dragon, Flying type. It is super cool. But in 3d generation my favourite Pokémon is Absol. Because Absol looks cool.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Slaking because how it looks. The ability has never bothered me since I like it so much

Back