The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Emerald Pokemon Emerald Final

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Old July 29th, 2018 (3:20 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dearman4 View Post
    6.11, I always make it a new one, if you're concerned about losing your savegame, all you have to do is rename your .sav file to have the same name and it will work just fine
    Thanks for the quick response! I'm looking forward to the fix.
    BTW, do you plan on editing trainers/boss fights, or increasing the difficulty of the game?
    Old July 29th, 2018 (3:28 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by supanut2000 View Post
      Thanks for the quick response! I'm looking forward to the fix.
      BTW, do you plan on editing trainers/boss fights, or increasing the difficulty of the game?
      No, I want this to feel like an enhanced vanilla, not a difficulty increase. After all a lot of the things I have have added make things easier more than anything. I might end up changing rematches with trainers but beyond that it's not in the works. And as for the quick response, I really care about this so I spend a lot of my off time perusing this post seeing if there are new comments and whatnot lol
      https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=411844
      Old July 29th, 2018 (3:32 PM).

Quote:
        No, I want this to feel like an enhanced vanilla, not a difficulty increase. After all a lot of the things I have have added make things easier more than anything. I might end up changing rematches with trainers but beyond that it's not in the works. And as for the quick response, I really care about this so I spend a lot of my off time perusing this post seeing if there are new comments and whatnot lol
        I see. Thanks again anyways. Keep up the good work!
        Old July 29th, 2018 (3:33 PM).

SO a quick bugfix today, I have removed the anti-catching script (which was used to prevent players from catching pokemon in the EV training area, so I guess we're on the honor system now!) due to bugs.
          Also, I have found a new de-capitalization patch (thanks to Le pug) please let me know if there are still words that are capitalized!
          Old July 29th, 2018 (3:42 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ultimatedorkboy View Post
            Wow, this is an awesome hack. This hack seems to be Emerald's answer to Pokemon Throwback. (One of my all-time favorite hacks)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=285094

A couple things I wanted to say...

- Not a complete dealbreaker but as some have pointed out, there are a few capitalization issues in some parts. For example, in the balls section in the bag, most of the balls are oddly capitalized like GREAT Ball, ULTRA Ball, MASTER Ball etc (oddly Poke Ball is the only ball that was unaffected). Additionally on Route 104 (Petalburg Woods exit, near the flower shop), there's a sign that mentions "TrainerS"

-Personally, I'm a little wary about adding post-Gen III moves and abilities into this hack, I feel that adding moves and abilities from the later gens would distill the spirit of the original Pokemon Emerald. Plus, I feel that adding moves and abilities that didn't exist in Emerald could create some odd bugs.

Just my two cents.

But other than that, I like where this hack is going!

Keep up the good work!
            Thanks! I am glad you like it! If I can figure out the new gen moves and abilities, I will most likely keep it as a separate patch so people can play it how they want. I have been asked to make a patch for the vanilla movesets since I added most of the FR/LG additions (I skipped dunsparce because who cares lol) but that one I think I can leave as is since in my mind its purely positive.
            Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to leave a comment, hope you keep enjoying Emerald Final! (A name I am thinking of changing lol)
            Old July 29th, 2018 (4:26 PM).
            I am the best in the world.

Nature: Adamant
            My rebuttal to people being against adding in moves that're from gen 4 onwards is that a lot of Pokemon don't have a varied enough moveset to be helped from the PSS. Many pokemon obviously become very useful such as Crawdaunt and Sharpedo however pokemon like Banette are pretty much crippled by it.. I am all for adding in new moves so long as every Pokemon is looked at and have their movesets are adjusted to make them more useful.
            Old July 29th, 2018 (4:45 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Strike the Blood View Post
              My rebuttal to people being against adding in moves that're from gen 4 onwards is that a lot of Pokemon don't have a varied enough moveset to be helped from the PSS. Many pokemon obviously become very useful such as Crawdaunt and Sharpedo however pokemon like Banette are pretty much crippled by it.. I am all for adding in new moves so long as every Pokemon is looked at and have their movesets are adjusted to make them more useful.
              Pretty much 100% agree with you. I just need to decide how far to go with it, currently I am thinking 4th MAYBE 5th gen moves
              Old July 29th, 2018 (5:01 PM). Edited July 29th, 2018 by Strike the Blood.

Quote:
              Pretty much 100% agree with you. I just need to decide how far to go with it, currently I am thinking 4th MAYBE 5th gen moves
              If you have no current plans to add Fairy typing. Gen 4 Pretty much gives most Gen 3 pokemon a really decent coverage. If you expand on the TM list. So like i mentioned before pokemon like Banette can atleast get shadow Claw. Then you're pretty much set to just polish up Pokemon's movesets and then potentially add in an option to teach them moves via the Move Tutor in Fallarbor Town.

Edit: After doing a quick check. I noticed that AncientPower is the only special based rock move before Gen 5. So I would probably agree with you on going with Gen 5 moves.
              Old July 29th, 2018 (5:36 PM).

Quote:
                If you have no current plans to add Fairy typing. Gen 4 Pretty much gives most Gen 3 pokemon a really decent coverage. If you expand on the TM list. So like i mentioned before pokemon like Banette can atleast get shadow Claw. Then you're pretty much set to just polish up Pokemon's movesets and then potentially add in an option to teach them moves via the Move Tutor in Fallarbor Town.

Edit: After doing a quick check. I noticed that AncientPower is the only special based rock move before Gen 5. So I would probably agree with you on going with Gen 5 moves.
                I'm tempted to look into adding cross gen evos, like probopass or dusknoir. If I add sylveon then I'll have to add fairy types, but short of that, 5th gen moves will suffice
                Old July 29th, 2018 (7:39 PM). Edited July 29th, 2018 by Strike the Blood.

Quote:
                I'm tempted to look into adding cross gen evos, like probopass or dusknoir. If I add sylveon then I'll have to add fairy types, but short of that, 5th gen moves will suffice
                Gen 4 Evo's are one of those things where I can take em or leave em. It's totally down to you in that regard. Same thing with Fairy typing. Yeah it adds another dynamic to things but it's not entirely necessary. The only 2 things that are usually not present in these Gen 3 "updated" hacks are new moves and newer items. I feel like they're 2 things that are less common than I'd of expected given how good and how competent hackers are. I suppose the end result is how far you're willing to let the hack go from the original game.
                Old July 29th, 2018 (8:06 PM).

Quote:
                  Gen 4 Evo's are one of those things where I can take em or leave em. It's totally down to you in that regard. Same thing with Fairy typing. Yeah it adds another dynamic to things but it's not entirely necessary. The only 2 things that are usually not present in these Gen 3 "updated" hacks are new moves and newer items. I feel like they're 2 things that are less common than I'd of expected given how good and how competent hackers are. I suppose the end result is how far you're willing to let the hack go from the original game.
                  If the new moves, abilities, and items end up being within my skill level, I'll do my best to get them done. I'd like to see the game have new evos because they're awesome but that's about as far from the original game I think I'll take it, there are already plenty of overhaul level hacks out there, I'll stick with the enhanced vanilla feel:-)

Quick Reply