• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pokemon Music - Series?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
So here, maybe there can create a series of articles that relates to any sort of Pokemon Music? For example, top 5-10 lists. We could maybe try having a top 10 list of the music from each generation (like red, blue, green and yellow), or we could switch it up and interview people to give their top 5 list on a specific theme (like gym leader themes).

There can also be in depth analysis of the music found within one specific game and talk about the games music in general rather than individually, if that makes sense!

Well if you guys have any further suggestions... then by all means! But for right now, just forwarding this pitch!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Heck yes to Pokemon music articles in general - easily can be its own category (just need a catchy name for said category, haha).

Top 5/10 lists - I feel they might work better if you give the community a chance to vote on it, say in a poll thread within the relevant section. Give activity to a section and maybe get a daily article out of it in one go! :V And avoids one person controlling what gets picked.

I certainly would like to do some articles featuring Pokemon music. Did a couple on the Wynaut? magazine that we can also relink if we need to fill in a lull of activity (one is of the Viridian Forest tune, and another involved a youtube vid I made that features a reused motif by Tawada, aka guy behind Colo/XD/PBR/Trozei/Scramble music). Also did a fan work review of a guy who did really neat jazz covers, so allowing people to talk about fan created Pokemon remixes/covers is another opportunity for new articles with a musical focus.

A couple articles I wanted to one day tackle includes talking about the B2W2 Gym themes (because those are great), and a short one about Blue's rival music... and not the battle theme, just his theme when he talks to you. Won't give away what that's about just yet. :V There's another but I need to double check stuff.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I think the length of the analysis can vary, honestly; but yeah, maybe short is better? And I'm guessing you guys want to contribute to the series?

But yeah: 5/10 lists - will get a few users to give their thoughts on certain pokemon music, and have their collective opinions recorded in the article.

Personally, I'd love to do articles about pokemon spin off themes since I can already imagine most of these articles will focus on the main pokemon game themes, haha.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I personally like some in-depth ones, but agreed that they don't all have to be the same length. It depends on what the article is specifically about, I suppose! That said, a paragraph is maybe a bit too short to really be an article imo... a few at least.

Note that videos and even sound files can be put into the article as playable when clicked.

Anyways, certainly going to approve the idea of the series. =) Each article does need a thread in this section first though, but anyone can give their idea for a music-themed article.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Anyways, certainly going to approve the idea of the series. =) Each article does need a thread in this section first though, but anyone can give their idea for a music-themed article.

So basically you want different threads for different music articles?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So basically you want different threads for different music articles?
Yes. One reason for that is that it avoids cluttering up the one thread, especially when with for instance music articles they can vary in nature. When we'll be having suggestions and discussion and approvals (or rejections) happening for multiple articles, it'll get messy if it was all in the same thread I feel. Another reason is that articles can overlap with other categories (an interview with someone who creates pokemon music remixes for instance would be classed both in interviews and in music).

Before the launch I will make a thread that will keep tabs on the articles/article ideas being developed and what stage they are in, and I imagine putting some info about approved article series in the OP there would be useful for quick reference to new members to PC Daily.

Back