• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] A quick pokemon game (released in February 1st)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
Hello, I'm making a quick pokemon game, for fun/practice.
I'm a programmer, I can do art and pixel art, and have experience in RMXP. may add links to my scripts later. this is my DeviantArt: Monster Designs
I'm open to suggestions , and anyone who wishes to join is welcome.
I'll be using RMXP, and PSDK (pokemon SDK kit). I may post it here later, if someone wants to pick it up & keep developing it.

Planned features:
- limited pokedex, gen 4 graphics
- wild pokemon walking around the map (like pokemon Lets Go)
- catching fainted pokemon (low priority, depends how much time it takes)
- your starter & in-game trades always have a hidden ability
- wild pokemon may randomly know a TM move or an egg moves
- wild pokemon usually have a 'good' nature (whichever raises their highest stat)
- no trade evolutions
- wild legendary pokemon (1% encounter rate).
- a higher shiny rate (~ 1/200)
- wild pokemon drop their held item / coins after battle
- pokemon holding their own evolution item at 20%
- your party's stats are raised by battling, like the Gen 1-2, so you can use your favorites.
- challenging trainer battles
- same trainers show up in different maps, getting stronger alongside you
- only 5-6 maps (but you can keep battling trainers / shiny hunt / complete the dex)

Plot:
revolves around cloning. during a recent war, legendaries were cloned, and some are still roaming around. they're weaker than the originals ( and easier to catch). there are also cloned starters, stronger than the original (look like the Mewtwo clones). Your starter is a cloned Charmander (like pikachu in yellow, it follows you, and responds to various plot events). You play as a teenager, and start working as a secret agent, to find wanted scientists, still cloning pokemon & selling them. you get a Zorua to help you, it can transform into people/pokemon. your rival is a rich jerk, which has rare pokemon and tends to spam full restores.
you don't collect gym badges, just do missions to find bad guys / get proofs so they can be arrested / catch roaming clones.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
so, working on this game taught me a lot,
like how a month is no where near enough time. I'm delaying this in an extra month, to 01.03
will post screenshots later.
current progress:
Maps:
Done: starting town, 2 routes, swamp area, cave, 1 town completed. Clearair city is wip
To do: routes 304, 305, 306, forest area, secret lab, gold tower.

features:
Done:
- wild pokemon walking around the map (like pokemon Lets Go)
- your starter & in-game trades always have a hidden ability
- wild pokemon may randomly know a TM move or an egg moves
- no trade evolutions
- wild legendary pokemon (1% encounter rate).
- a higher shiny rate (~ 1/200)

To Do
- catching fainted pokemon (low priority, depends how much time it takes)
- wild pokemon usually have a 'good' nature (whichever raises their highest stat)
- wild pokemon drop their held item / coins after battle
- pokemon holding their own evolution item at 20%
- your party's stats are raised by battling, like the Gen 1-2, so you can use your favorites.
- same trainers show up in different maps, getting stronger alongside you

Back