• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC OU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
We decided to create our own metagame in this thread, and came to an agreement that "PC OU" will be the following:

Spoiler:

If you are wondering where you can play PC OU, you can hop on PC's Pokémon Online server and search for a battle. This is the discussion thread for said metagame, so anything related to PC OU goes here. However, RMTs and team help questions still belong in the forum and Simple Q&A Thread respectively. Hope you have fun battling in the new metagame!

(I will edit this with more stuff later. I can also use a song title like Smogon does, but I thought it would be too cheesy.)

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Not a legitimate suggestion really, but I think we can expect to see Darkrai, Deoxys(A/S), Skymin, and Manaphy considered for banning. They may be at or below the threshold we set for stats, but they are just dominant Pokemon.

Also, Soul Dew makes Lati@s as powerful as some of those Pokes on the ban list.

I'm not suggesting anything to ban yet; these are just a few predictions we can expect to see, I think.

Years
um id like to advocate for the banning of all r1 suspects as tj has already mentioned, as well as Aldarons proposal. If you look at the r1 results thread, these Pokemon were considered to be extremely broken by the voting populace, looking at the super majorities for each Pkmn http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84270&page=3, Deoxys-A, Darkrai and Shaymin-S [unanimous] were all voted to be banned with over 90% of the voters wanting them out of the ou meta, which honestly speaks volumes of their brokenness since top players can usually adjust to any threat in a metagame and the fact that they were so vehemently evicted from the metagame where so many other controversial suspects existed. Aldarons proposal and Deoxys-N are questionable as they both got around 72% in support of banning/being put into effect but given the metagame conditions at the time and the fact that they existed during a chaotic period of the metagame like the aforementioned suspects yet still earned a supermajority. The fact that Aldarons proposal even exists shows that it balances rain and diversifies the metagame by promoting new types of rain offense instead of mindless swift swim spam, as well as Rain Stall. I also think Manaphy is worthy of a ban given that Tail Glow is now +3 and rain boosts all its attacks but I think thats overdoing it a bit.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
As i said on the server, nothing will be banned until the metagame has been played sufficiently so everyone can gauge a clear opinion on what is and isnt broken. EVERYTHING will be given a fair test you have no idea what is and isnt broken with all the DW abilities and mons released, this is a fresh start on OU so nothing smogon did holds water AT ALL in PC OU period. Its frankly a closed minded way to think at this point. =\ Plus its essentially theorymon. Play it alot then say what you want banned. Im not saying some of those pokes wont get banned but please at least play the metagame before drawing conclusions. ~_~

Anti

return of the king
Years
Yeah agreeing with D_A...especially since maybe the time to protest was before when we were still crafting it? ...Just sayin'.

Anyway, I feel like even if we ban a lot of stuff anyway, there is some fun in determining it all for ourselves.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Before this goes into the "failed" project category, this is a precaution. We NEED to push this off the ground and encourage ladder play right now essentially.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
Before this goes into the "failed" project category, this is a precaution. We NEED to push this off the ground and encourage ladder play right now essentially.

Yeah, I think we need to actually discuss the metagame here in the thread so people at least notice it. Talk about checks and stuff you've found.

One thing I've noticed is that Genesect DOES NOT make a good dual screener!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Well i was thinking more pro PC metagame propaganda. I.e advertise on PC in announcement, threads, on the server make people want to play it.

How is Genesect though ? I havent used it, wanting to though. Seems kinda trap bait with Chandelure/Magnezone around. :/

It is incredibly fun metagame though. Anything that is was powerful (bar a few exceptions) seems to be able to be checked by other things quite well, whilst not being utterly useless at the same time. I also like how you ave alot more options to choose from to counter and check threats and not be forced to use garbage like Sableye, Sp.Def Scizor etc if you dont like losing to Reuniclus.

As i predicted, Breloom is another wonderful Excadrill check now it has Tech. Its that powerful it can even run shed shell to eliminate the risk of being switched in on by Shadow Tag Chandelure. =) Also Darkrai doesnt seem that threatening this round at all having used it, all it does it sleep something and then get forced out by something faster p much lol. =/

I have a few opinions of what is overpowered at the moment, but i want to see everyone elses opinions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
From the few battles I've seen, Genesect is used primarily for scouting with U-turns. Even my dual screening Genesect carried U-turn. The other slots are special moves like Ice Beam, Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, etc. Download gives him a lot of raw power no matter what attack you choose as he can pick from both physical and special movesets. I'd like to see an Expert Belt Genesect used, too, cause that'd actually be pretty good.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Also Darkrai doesnt seem that threatening this round at all having used it, all it does it sleep something and then get forced out by something faster p much lol. =/

I have a few opinions of what is overpowered at the moment, but i want to see everyone elses opinions.

I have yet to play our fancy meta yet but what is faster than base 125 Speed? Scarfers? Getting Scarfers out of the way doesn't seem like a problem and kinda lets you set up a clean sweep. I'll work on building a team around Darkrai later.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
OMG, this looks interesting!

I don't think Darkrai will be a huge treat. Some lower tiers Pokemon counter it very well, Primeape can be a good example.

In my opinion, Manaphy can be broken. Hydration, great bulk, Tail Glow... it hurts when thinking of it ;x

Anyway, not a fan of PO, but I'll try to play this wicked game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah uh on Manaphy...

Spoiler:

My team isn't even for PC OU, but... when it can do that to even Chansey that isn't really a good thing imo and just adds towards why if something with so much special defense is destroyed by it with a 2HKO, yeaaah.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
@ Vrai, things like Scizor, Genesect, Swift Swimmers, Exca, Tech Breloom, Iron Fist Conk and thats only the tip of the iceberg make it extremely hard for Darkrai to sweep in this meta. Plus you have revenge killers like Deoxys about.

@ Nica, not to be rude but i dont get what that log proves. Vaporeon can do EXACTLY the same thing to Chansey with Work Up and Hydration. Alot of things (even special) beat Chansey because its highly set up fodder so i mean. :X

Anyway ill be on the server later today because my laptop plug decided to melt so im back on this old slow ass PC until i get a new one woo. -__-

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
@ Vrai, things like Scizor, Genesect, Swift Swimmers, Exca, Tech Breloom, Iron Fist Conk and thats only the tip of the iceberg make it extremely hard for Darkrai to sweep in this meta. Plus you have revenge killers like Deoxys about.

@ Nica, not to be rude but i dont get what that log proves. Vaporeon can do EXACTLY the same thing to Chansey with Work Up and Hydration. Alot of things (even special) beat Chansey because its highly set up fodder so i mean. :X

Anyway ill be on the server later today because my laptop plug decided to melt so im back on this old slow ass PC until i get a new one woo. -__-

Ah ok I see what you mean. Still, I think it's certainly work a try.

Also @ Chansey: Chansey loses to like every prominent special attacker in this meta. Chandelure lols and sets up CMs on it because it can't do jack, Serperior just Leaf Storms it up to +6, Darkrai 2HKOs it with Focus Blast at +2/can put it to sleep and force it out, etc.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Well i was thinking more pro PC metagame propaganda. I.e advertise on PC in announcement, threads, on the server make people want to play it.
Well, I'm planning a little surprise that will begin at the start of Community Night which will hopefully make people want to play it.

Anyway, I personally haven't had a chance to play PC OU yet, but that will change soon.

Edit: After a few battles, my first impression is that the metagame is surprisingly balanced considering how many Pokémon we unbanned. Like Elf said on the server, they balance each other out it seems. The only Pokémon that stick out as overpowered is Deoxys-A (and Deoxys?) so far, since they can only be defeated by revenge killing. I think it's safe to say that we will end up banning them. I'll have to battle some more to get a better feel for the metagame though. Oh, and I forgot about Swift Swimmers; those are riddikulus.

By the way, people need to battle/ladder more. Battling Elf over and over is getting old!

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Im still on the fence about Deoxys-A, it does have counters but people simple arent using them. Bronzong, Jirachi and Metagross and bulky psychics most notably amongst others. All are useful Pokemon in this metagame, Bronzong beats Exca and Skymin and Jirachi beats Lati@s and Skymin to an extent. There is also revenge killing but thats always been sucky tbh but its available and there are MANY options for priority and p much all of them will KO. It really does struggle getting in and if thats the case it wont get kills. This is by using D-A aswell as facing it.

As for swift swimmers, im more inclined to agree but the teams that struggle with them dont have a weather changer or Gastrodon or a counter etc.

By the way, people need to battle/ladder more. Battling Elf over and over is getting old!

This ^

You people want diversity and a fun metagame right ? Then play this, its ALOT more fun than p much any other tier out there right now and isnt stale.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I agree with you on Deoxys-A for now. At first I thought the standard moveset used HP Fire, but I guess not. It has to deal with moveslot syndrome.

But as for why I'm posting...

Spoiler:

(pardon the spaces)

This is ridiculous. I am using Soul Dew Modest Max SpA Latias, and even that loses to Manaphy one-on-one. I swapped it for Latios now, but I would have thought SD Latias would counter, or at least check, Manaphy. ;\ I guess I could use Thunderbolt or Thunder just for Manaphy, but my other moveslots are filled. I don't think teams should be forced to use a weather changer not named Politoed either.

Oh, and everyone should look at this, which should make it easier to find PC OU battles.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I agree with you on Deoxys-A for now. At first I thought the standard moveset used HP Fire, but I guess not. It has to deal with moveslot syndrome.

But as for why I'm posting...

Spoiler:

(pardon the spaces)

This is ridiculous. I am using Soul Dew Modest Max SpA Latias, and even that loses to Manaphy one-on-one. I swapped it for Latios now, but I would have thought SD Latias would counter, or at least check, Manaphy. ;\ I guess I could use Thunderbolt or Thunder just for Manaphy, but my other moveslots are filled. I don't think teams should be forced to use a weather changer not named Politoed either.

Oh, and everyone should look at this, which should make it easier to find PC OU battles.

Well Latias was using unboosted Dragon Pulse which also loses to Hydro Rest Vaporeon who takes hits BETTER on the special side than Manaphy does so i kinda dont get the log as anywhere it said Manaphy could of said Vaporeon too. :X Sure it doesnt get Tail Glow but it can still set up Work Up on you. If you had CM or Roar or something more powerful on the set you would of beaten Manaphy as SD Lati@s is one of THE best Manaphy counters in the entire game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Well, there's nothing more powerful than Dragon Pulse or Thunderbolt sans Draco Meteor, and Manaphy can probably absorb a hit and Rest until Latias has -6 Special Attack. SD Lati@s needs Calm Mind and Roar or it loses to Manaphy it seems.

Years
Bronzong, Jirachi and Metagross

jirachi is the only one that can recover and theres a good chance they cant always come in thanks to repeated damage and hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back