• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
There was a little change recently where if you put Youtube URLs into your post, it automatically embeds the video into the post. Is there a way to put Youtube URLs into a post without having to embed the video? Particulary if I wanna turn words I typed into a link to a video? I'm not fond of videos embedded into posts.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
There was a little change recently where if you put Youtube URLs into your post, it automatically embeds the video into the post. Is there a way to put Youtube URLs into a post without having to embed the video? Particulary if I wanna turn words I typed into a link to a video? I'm not fond of videos embedded into posts.

That was an... unanticipated side-effect of the plugin we're using for it. We're looking into ways of sorting it out but no ground's been made yet. Definitely aware that it's annoying, though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
That was an... unanticipated side-effect of the plugin we're using for it. We're looking into ways of sorting it out but no ground's been made yet. Definitely aware that it's annoying, though.

Ok. I'll just wait for it to be eventually sorted out then.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
It's just a collaboration that staff is doing. Partly for fun, and partly to celebrate the 18th anniversary of Pokemon Green's release.

Nihilego

Years
Is this referring to the mods' usernames and avatars now being Pokemon? Because I was going to ask that too xD

See Astinus' post above! We like to do little collaborations together sometimes and this time we decided it'd be cool to be some of our favourite Pokémon for a little while. Our real usernames are still there where our userbars would usually be, though, so you don't get too confused. :] (edit: lmao)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
See Astinus' post above! We like to do little collaborations together sometimes and this time we decided it'd be cool to be some of our favourite Pokémon for a little while. Our real usernames are still there where our userbars would usually be, though, so you don't get too confused. :] (edit: lmao)

Ah gotcha, cool touch, I like it!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah but we can't get as elaborate as you guys can :< Trust us, we've tried.
This is honestly the only time (from what I know) we've done something that needs admin/staffpowers. Maybe it's rather that mods are more close-knit, and most of all fewer!, than all the supporters, so it's easier to organize and keep track of staff collabs than supporter collabs.

And lawl my username is so wrong here since there actually is another member called exactly RHCP haha.

Nihilego

Years
This collab only happened because I was drunk decided to make my postbit prettier and liked what I saw and thought it'd be cool to open it up to all of the staff, haha. I did it on an absolute whim so it wasn't a case of "let's do things that supporters can't do ehehehe" or anything like that. It's literally just me messing around with plugins and thinking it looks nice.

I'd open it up outside of staff but honestly, a) staff-exclusive things are nice once in a while since we're a tight-knit group of relatively close friends and b) for everyone who wants to join in I have to copy a bit of code, change a few variables in it and then set their custom usertitle - which isn't difficult but is rather tedious. And then I have to do that again if they wanna change their colour / Pokémon / whatever and yeah, haha.

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers said:
And lawl my username is so wrong here since there actually is another member called exactly RHCP haha.

It bugs me that it's wrong too but there's nothing I can do about it (or at least, nothing that I know how to do) since the ' in your normal username breaks things. ):

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
i want to put 2 batles in my pokemon leaf green how can i do this? pls help me
Not quite sure of what you mean by "put 2 batles" but if you have questions pertaining to a certain pokémon game, you should visit the appropriate section focusing on that game instead. For instance, you would now have a look at the Advance Generation Gaming section and more specifically probably their Simple Question & Answer Thread. Just... rephrase or explain your question a bit because unless I'm a bit dumb today, it doesn't make much sense now :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
idk, I read it as if he wants to add battles to a hack. Sooo, if that's the case, check out the Emulation forum. Hopefully I or Rika's answers were what you were looking for. :P

Years
Hi! I have 2 main questions first: theese avatar animation how i can have one? they are gif?
and second: i don't know where i could post the question above:
anyone know about hackrom ou pokemons game about team rocket that are still ongoing?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
If you'd like an animated gif for your avatar like we have, just Google search "pokemon x and y animated sprites" and you'll find pages where people have uploaded them for others to use. That's how I found my avatar. Just make sure that the avatar fits into your specifications for avatar sizes! otherwise, the gif won't work.

For your second question, there might be something hidden in our Emulation forums. Take a look and see what you can dig up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 18, 2014
i made a thread in team discussions and i don't see it is there a place where i can check to see if it was approved or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back