• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

✯ THE INTERNATIONAL IDOL STAR FESTIVAL! ✯
Do you have what it takes to be a star!?
pikachu.gif
Click here to redirect to the original out-of-character thread!
cyndaquil.gif
Click here to redirect to the RP rules and introductory information!
totodile.gif
Click here to redirect to information on the judges and players' characters!

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

-------Out-Of-Character ⏩ International Idol Star Festival ⏩ Hearthome City
Day 1: Contest Day!​
All players have been relocated to the Hearthome Contest Hall.
"I will take this time to remind you that this competition will be a challenge. There will be stress, there will be tears. And hopefully not blood this time around... But! In the face of failure, and only in the face of failure, will you, as coordinators, thrive! Will your strengths flourish and branch off like beautiful flowers, accentuating your contest presence and dazzling and enrapturing all! See, the IIS can be described as a test, but it is a meaningful one, whether you win or lose, because of what you are bound to learn and thusly improve from! And, as I explained so thoroughly before, it is a greatly enjoyable experience. Though I cannot guarantee this year's champion at this very moment, I can guarantee that you will all, in your own way, have fun here!"

-------Juan Valencia paused, licked his lips. There seemed not much else to say after only thirty minutes of speaking freely. Thus he withdrew a manila envelope from the pocket of his coat and explanatorily announced, "To conclude our brief time here, I'll read from a very thoughtful letter addressed to all of you young... well I suppose that's no longer the case... coordinators from our latest winner: Seraphina Harowitz! What a marvel, that girl. Here is what she says:

-------"Dear coordinators,

-------Congratulations, to all of you! It already says a lot about your capabilities as coordinators if you've been chosen. Though there can only be one winner, you all have your individual strengths, so play to them! The competition will go by fast—take it from me—so take smart advantage of your time and have a blast! And, hey, sometimes the IIS will seem impossibly hard and you won't know which way you're supposed to go. Just remember, deep inside, you know you're strong; you can power through! And, honestly, if you just follow your heart, you really can't be wrong!

-------So be brave and hold on! Complete the quest that you've begun!

Signed,
Sera, Mira and Pyra​

-------"...and that's all there is," Juan ended, almost glumly. The letter, essentially, had effectively condensed his own long-winded speech, though he cared not to admit it. He paused again, swallowed, fussed about with his collar.

-------There was yet another moment of silence that the coordinators just beneath the stage were required to sit through while the host gathered what next to say. It was another reminder of how non-instantaneous the entire process had been for them so far. There had been a lot of excuses made, a lot of time dissipated while dragging everyone to Hearthome through Sinnoh's lackluster flight system. The homespun city was big but became abhorrently boring when one had to entertain themselves whilst anticipating something else for nearly a week. But, finally, finally, they'd be contacted and rounded up north to Hearthome's famous, stadium-sized auditorium where they all sat, reclined back, in the front row now.

-------Still, there was yet more waiting, as Juan seemed determined to fashion his own studded conclusion to add on top of the letter. Miraculously, he decided otherwise, having a wordless exchange with a stagehand to the side. The man tapped their wrist and Juan responded by exhaling thoroughly from his nose.

-------He eventually re-addressed them all: "Well, I suppose we've all been kept waiting long enough, haven't we? I've already introduced myself to you, but here come the judges—"

-------His words were suddenly interjected by a powerful SNAP! as a pair of Pokemon practically popped into existence center-stage. An Umbreon had leapt from the indiscernible state of Feint Attack, landing quite dazed afterwards, as an accompanying Kecleon released a magnificent Shock Wave upon their appearance at close range, explaining both the thunderous noise and Abel the Umbreon's look of terror. Dimitri—that Kecleon—, meanwhile, looked positively impressed with himself. He posed with a Snarl that near demanded respect and bared his reptilian claws, like a Tyrantrum, his Black Glasses cooly tilted down onto his snout. Behind him, his coordinator appeared as well, striding over the smoldered wood of the stage. His light brown hair was primly styled, his white suit perfectly maintenanced. The coolness judge, Jasper, had arrived and seemed despicably smug at the scene he'd managed to create.

-------"Looks like Juan came prepared this year, everyone!" he sarcastically declared. "All this talking and nothing else! And you act like you've never seen a Shock Wave either!" Kecleon cackled wildly at this and sprang onto McRae's shoulder. "Seriously, Juan, it's like you think you're a Water-type yourself, you nut!"

-------The host was not impressed. "You should turn your attention towards the people you'd be in the right for criticizing, Gasparre. I'll also remind you now that we have had plenty of coolness judges before yourself that'd be very honored, I'm sure, to take your place in case it ever becomes too much."

-------"Shut up," Jasper snarled. "You're not getting rid of me." He recalled his Umbreon.

-------"Unfortunately. You're as persistent as a stain."

-------"None of those older, crankier excuses for other judges know anything about 'cool'," McCrae continued, lighter, laughing at Juan's analogy. "I'm a master at what I do." He turned to address the competitors now. "The greatest around. It'll take a lot to impress me, probably better than whatever's your 'best effort' right now. So, try your hardest, I guess, but I can tell just by looking at some at you... you need to up your game, asap." And with a dark, parting glint in his eye, Jasper departed from center-stage to stand at Juan's side, sneering wildly. His sniggering Kecleon snatched the poor host's frilled collar in a single swipe as the duo settled.

-------Juan could only retort with a weary sigh. He made no vain attempt to get it returned from master thief Dimitri.

-------Ominously, a shadow had appeared in Jordan's wake, in the very middle of the stage. What could it--BANG! Juan flinched and Jasper jumped as Kumo the Buneary descended powerfully from his airborne Bounce attack. The impact was soon forgotten, however, as the small, curly-furred creature stumbled with purposeful, cutesy clumsiness, dropping a Premium Ball from one of his ears and charmingly putting a paw up to his mouth as if to say, Oops! Out, then, popped Rai-Rai. Dressed in a cute, pink skirt-and-bow ensemble, the Pikachu blew a magical Draining Kiss out towards the seven audience members as a vibrant heart seal flared up all around her. The brief display ended with both her and Buneary striking a pose similar to their coordinator who came clunking forward in square-heeled shoes with a basket of glitter perched in one arm. Keira put one arm on her hip, another flipped upwards, its hand forming a peace sign over her right eye; the Pokemon mimicked this as best they could, obviously omitting the sign but practically nailing all else. The pose was hardly held for a half-second by Rai-Rai the Pikachu as she immediately relaxed and flopped down prissily by her Pokeball as if what they'd done had sapped all of her energy. Kumo rolled his eyes.

-------"Alright! Woo!" Keira became her own approvation, scattering glitter from her handbasket everywhere, to Rai-Rai's dismay, and soon Gasparre's, as Keira, without animosity--none at all--, tossed a handful of glitter towards him and Juan purposefully and it rained down all over the former's vanilla-colored suit.

-------Immediately, Jasper was ablaze. "Keira! Keira, you—! You—! Stop it, auugh! You ruined my suit!" He desperately clawed at himself, at the obdurantly-clinging sparkles, all the while crying, livid. "Who do you think you are!? Seriously!? Auuugh! You wouldn't want me to squirt ketchup all over your stupid, poofy, little girl's dress, would you!?"

-------"Get real, Jasper!" Keira snapped in retort. "Ketchup and glitter are far from the same thing! Just wipe it off, you big baby!"

-------"Oh, so different. So different! You're so stupid, Keira. And you should talk about 'big babies', seeing that you're a twenty-year-old woman that dresses like she's in middle school."

-------Their rage was mutual, now, as Keira stood red-faced and flustered, stuttering some incomprehensible slew of comebacks mixed with "Ums" and "Wells". The sight may have brought a smile to Jasper any other time but, at the moment, he was quite stone-faced while he concentrated on saving his poor, "ruined" suit.

-------Juan was fortunately able to restore peace to the cuteness judge, steadying her by grabbing her arm and pointing her politely towards the awaiting coordinators below them.

-------"Oh..." Sheepishly, she staggered over, eyes looking about frantically as she rashly constructed what to say. "H-hi everyone... I-I guess all I have to say is.... Try your best... and don't give up!" And with those words still hanging in the air, Keira nervously hobbled over, taking a stance cleverly to Juan's left just as the third judge arose from backstage. Regardless, she and Gasparre still exchanged looks like daggers with one another.

------- But here came Anne-Marie, now, sliding in and across the stage with ever-casual strides. Her Bellossom followed at her heels, sending out a shower of pretty, pink flower petals behind her coordinator while Hyacinth herself twirled around and around, gleeful yet contained in terms of movement. Her floral shower was caught in Autumn's Gust where the petals tumbled up and down and around Anne-Marie. The Mothim flapped its wings precisely so that the wind did not consume his coordinator. Instead, it accentuated the beauty judge with her long scarf, sweeping skirt and deep brown hair blowing in the 'mon-made breeze. The Gust dispersed as Anne-Marie soon neared her cohorts. Hyacinth's petals scattered in a simple but appealing flourish and Anne-Marie curtsied for a fittingly-simple finale. It was a perfect moment until the woman realized with shock that her Bellossom had not joined her or Autumn and instead gone twirling off in the opposite direction, no longer emitting petals as Petal Dance, controlled or not, was expected to do. It appeared the uniquely-colored Bellossom had just gotten lost.

-------Swiftly, Anne-Marie rushed to her partner's side, took the little purple Pokemon by the hand as it slowed and steered it in the right direction, cooing inaudibly to Bellossom as if she were her child.

-------Meanwhile, Mothim had seemingly lost all control and was frantically flying loops in the air with typical Bug erracticism, sending out a shower of silver scales that glinted in the stage lights before disappearing on the wooden ground. It was certainly not part of any routine, especially not a Beauty one; it was just a great sparkling mess, accompanied by Autumn's ear-brazing whining. Anne-Marie only needed to glance halfways up before promptly having her Mothim returned to its Net Ball.

-------Clearly not wanting to linger on the sour note Anne had ended on, Keira leapt forwards, beaming. "That was gorgeous, Anne-Marie!"

-------"Until the end at least," she murmured, very quietly. But to Keira's praise, she smiled and modestly stated, "I suppose it is my duty to make it so." Hyacinth then tugged expectantly at her long-hanging skirt and Anne-Marie responded by gathering the Bellossom up in her arms.

-------"...I suppose I should—?" Anne-Marie received an affirming nod from Juan before walking to the very edge of the stage where she then, silently, stared out into the audience, her eyes sliding critically over the very first row and all of its coordinators. After a few wordless seconds of studying, a curious expression slipped subtly into her gaze and she was forced to abruptly shrink away.

-------Quiet murmuring on the other judges' part.

-------"Oh," escaped Anne-Marie's lips. A single, soft exclamation of shock. Was Anne-Marie dreadfully appalled with this year's line-up, or the opposite? This was the question the judges' debated in hushed voices. Anne-Marie herself, however, soon straightened up, realizing in that instant how blatant her reaction had inevitably become. She stated, "Anywho, it will be a pleasure judging for you seven. I do hope you enjoy yourselves while you are here." Punctually, she departed to stand with her peers.

-------"Well?" Keira asked, as quietly as she could manage, though in-response the beauty judge could only shake her head.

-------And with that, something whizzed past, hit something else, and whizzed past again. The judges leapt back, Keira screaming as she did so, as another white-hot object streaked forward and back again, hitting against another invisible surface, and then another on the opposite side of the stage, and then another above, and then another below. It grew faster and faster with every ricochet, bounding from one angled Barrier to the next, before finally it had reached a point precisely over the very center of stage where there was nothing left to hit. The Electro Ball plummeted and smashed against the stage with a sound like deafening thunder. In its still-sparking wake, Dequan jumped out from seemingly-nowhere, his signature, orange varsity jacket thrown over his suit. Erik the Galvantula came skittering from behind, looping energetic circles around the judge.

-------He himself declared: "What is up, coordinators! It's your boy Dequan here and, with your combined talent, I think we've all got what it takes to make this the greatest year of the IIS in history—"

-------The showcase was interrupted, startlingly, by a Mr. Mime scrambling out from backstage. He rushed at Dequan, waving his arms around fervently and blubbering indistinguishably in an offputting, human-sounding voice.

-------"What, Bunkley? What do you need?" the clever judge inquired with an edge as his Pokemon cried on, motioning around almost apologetically at all of the barriers he'd gone and silently positioned right before the coordinators had been hustled in. Dequan's visible frustration soon vanished in place of an empathetic look as Mr. Mime turned tearful. His wants were still incoherent to most everyone else but Dequan kindly gave Bunkley the go-ahead.

-------The Psychic type gladly raised his hands, then, and the upstanding Barriers shone, highlighting their positions, before disappearing in glimmers of light.

-------"I must say, Dequan," Anne-Marie spoke up, having recovered the fastest from Erik's contribution. "For a clever Pokemon, Bunkley is quite cute."

-------At this, the cleverness judge erupted with echoeing laughter. "Now that's something you don't hear everyday! You really are an anomaly, Miss Anne-Marie Schienburg-Lebeau!

-------His Mr. Mime appeared thoroughly offended.

-------Miss Anne-Marie could only form an uneasy little smile at Dequan's loud ebullience before he took to re-addressing the crowd once again. "Yeah, so, I'm definitely looking forward to what all you have in store! Not only am I lucky to be here with all of you talented people but you're pretty lucky to be here yourselves with such an amazing panel! I mean, I don't want to brag on behalf of all of us but we're honestly some of the greatest around when it comes to coordination. Basically, all of us should feel pretty special tonight! And we're all gonna have an awesome time!"

-------Juan, Jasper, Keira and Anne-Marie all applauded and Dequan, with a twinkle in his eye and an equally-radiant grin, moved over to join them with Bunkley and Erik ambling behind.

-------"I suppose we have one judge left to introduce and then we should begin discussing tonight's performances," Juan said.

-------"I hope no one's out there," a husky voice called from offstage immediately after. "Because it's about time we got this show started!"

-------A mutual wave of dread passed amongst the host and judges and, just as Jasper finally rid his suit of the fiendish glitter, Carlos Rustigi appeared from behind, lifting the curtains at the very back of the stage and striding forwards.

-------"Hello, coordinators. Let's keep things blunt, shall we?"

-------Suddenly, in his wake, the curtains were ripped upwards and a formidable Rhydon came sailing out from underneath. "Some of you, I can tell, look embarassingly misplaced. Like a Magikarp out of water. You do not belong here! But regardless—" Rhydon stampeded forward, as fast as his massive form would allow him. Carlos raised his arm mid-speech and his sole partner responded to the command by blasting forth a substantially-sized boulder from his maw. "I expect something out of all of you, whether you look too old, too fragile or simply ridiculous with your nasty haircut! I do not expect to be sincerely impressed—" As the Rock Blast flew forwards, Rhydon's horn began to rotate, blurred by motion in milliseconds. He dived. "—as, frankly, it will take more than most of you can likely handle to impress me, but I expect to be surprised!" Rhydon iniated Drill Run, body instantly rotating at the same velocity as his horn, and with great lightning speed, he outran the rock that, compared to his own speed, was simply inching closer and closer to the onlooking audience of coordinators. Just as it began to descend into the seats, Drill Run struck it head-on and, as if it were brittle, the boulder cracked fantastically into a brilliant show of flying debris that rained down on the entire front row.

-------"Avert my expectations! Challenge me!" Carlos was concluding.

-------Rhydon, rebounding off the now-shattered, singular Rock Blast, stopped heavily right on the stage's edge—there was a visible heaving sound as he landed—and ended his own display of power with a guttural Roar. It lacked the vibrato to echo throughout the stadium but it was enough to shake the Pokeballs of those closest to the Drill Pokemon. And with that, the rock monstrosity crashed onto one side, comfortably propping his head onto one large paw before yawning, overall communicating, "No big deal."

-------"At least try to challenge me! I'm sick of 'safe' performances! They made up all of fifteenth year and last year too, aside from the utter deplorable ones. Goodness, last year was abysmal..."

-------"That's quite enough, Carlos!" Juan briskly intervened, earning a hard stare from the toughness judge.

-------"Please. You always have to interject whenever I say anything negative about last year. You can't deny it, Juan. It was one of the worst; that's a fact. Almost as worst as twelth year, I'd even go as far as to say."

-------"Perhaps that is true but I'd question the relevance of debating it at this very moment." Time was running short; that was the main part Juan bothered with arguing in the first place, but total composure was not exactly his greatest priority then as the well-dressed host uneasily eyed a trembling Pokeball just beneath his coat.

-------"Oh, dear!" To his utter dismay, Roar's effects settled in and the capsule cracked open without his consent, releasing his vulnerable Luvdisc out onto the stage. Moments later, Rai-Rai also came somersaulting out of her own sealed 'ball, sparks crackling from her cheeks out of sheer agitation, such that flew up and hit poor Keira who was already screaming and crying from the overwhelming flash of fuchsia light and nauseating heart patterns. Dequan's own Electric-type was also thrown out: a wide-eyed Zebstrika that bucked and whinnied out of panic as his owner sought to stabilize him. Bunkley, of course, was not helping as he circled the two with tears running down his face before storming off-stage. Anne-Marie followed en suite. Being unaffected, she cast a single, dismayed look at the situation and vanished behind the curtains.

-------The only other unaffected judge was Jasper who was practically gasping for air, holding his stomach and retching with laughter. Dimitri had fallen from his shoulder; the Kecleon was rocking on his back, chortling uncontrollably. He had absentmindedly left Juan's collar beside himself and Juan collected it while the opportunity was there before his attention back to poor, poor Luvdisc who was Flailing this way and that but never into the host's awaiting hands.

-------Carlos regarded the chaos he'd begun and, as a response to it all, could only mutter one thing: "Oops."

-------Dequan confronted him lightly, though his patience seemed worn severely thin as he called: "You couldn't have told Rhydon to reign it in a little with that Roar? Just... contain it, just by a little?"

-------The toughness judge sniffed. "A Pokemon shouldn't have to 'contain' itself."

-------"But you contained Rock Blast, didn't you!?"

-------"That was a product of Denzel's extensive training. I didn't limit him unnecessarily."

-------His challenger gave in with an almost-exaggerated look of exasperation. Carlos then turned his critical eye onto the row below, realized how dirty he'd made them and chuckled deeply, almost complacently.

-------"I'd apologize if I weren't in-power here. Seems Denzel made quite a mess, eh?" he stated flippantly, but the gaiety was short-lived and Carlos quickly turned serious again. "Right, while Juan's over there—", he thumbed towards the aghast man fighting to regain control of his Luvdisc, "—I'll give you all the rundown. Don't think because you're supposedly 'experts' that you don't need me to tell you anything.

-------"Since we wasted so much precious time, you only have about half an hour to situate yourselves. Backstage is the waiting room, the seven smaller dressing rooms, the common dressing room, which is very large, lots of supplies already in there. All of your 'cases' and such are back there. You all need to be backstage before the cameramen arrive which is, again, in thirty minutes. I suggest you all go there now and don't waste time 'exploring' or what have you. If I see any of you fumbling with the Pokeblock machines or treat dispensers out in the main hall, I will not hesitate to call you out on your last-minute bull. And if you're one of those idiots who try to make an entire batch of poffins or give your precious Furfrou a haircut in less than half an hour, I might have to personally remove you from this competition! Stupidity of that extent is not permitted.

-------"If you must leave this auditorium for any reason, the doors are all the way down the aisle. There's an emergency exit to the right. I'm going out of that and it's none of your concern why. ...is there anything else? Ah, right. PCs are backstage. Really, everything you might need is backstage. You all have your main with you in their Pokeball, right? Good. We've got a somewhat competent crowd this year. Ignoring fashion sense, of course. Speaking of which, all of you need to get changed immediately! Look sophisticated, please! Even Mr. Krabb had the sense to at least wear a tie! Bless his heart. Each of you can drag whatever equipment you have with you to a dressing room. And then sit and twiddle your thumbs. Play on your phones. Converse, but Gyarados forgive that."

-------"Whatever." Jasper had long recovered and he cut off Carlos from the far end of the auditorium, his Kecleon recalled. "I'm going out too!" he then announced.

-------To both calls, the toughness judge appeared nettled. "I forgot we added a toddler to the line-up this year," Carlos darkly sneered. "Suppose I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up after all." Nonetheless, Denzel was returned to his Ultra Ball and the judge ambled down from the stage and towards the emergency exit where his fellow panel member stood, smirking.

-------"Honestly, I can't believe they're still letting you serve, grandpa," Jasper jeered.

-------Carlos leered back at him. "Watch your tongue. We don't need two smart-talkers on the panel so I suggest you find someone else to mimic, child." He pushed open the door—"Move aside"—and disappeared outside.

-------Gasparre seemed hardly disturbed, simply rolling his eyes before turning back to the poor, dirtied coordinators. "Boy, this is gonna be a Blast of a year, isn't it?" His voice broke slightly with laughter at his own joke. "Alright, see ya, nerds! Good luck with them!" He motioned to the other judges that still struggled on-stage with their freed Pokemon. Jasper cackled malevolently at their plight before he too left them all by themselves in the expansive space.

Coordinator Objectives:

1. Immediately depart backstage. Get settled, clean yourself off... Perhaps get accustomed to the other competition.

2. Help out Keira, Dequan or Juan with their Pokemon on-stage! They'd certainly appreciate the assistance.

3. Go out into the lobby. Maybe you didn't come very prepared, maybe those machines sound tempting. Make sure to evade Carlos and Gasparre!

Last edited:
Years
Corrine "CoCo" Corduroy
First Impressions

All the waiting, all the hype, all the build-up had led to this moment. A long, boring speech followed by the most chaotic introduction Coco had seen since her first (and last) visit to summer camp. And much like summer camp, she had ended up startled, dirty, and wishing she were literally anywhere else but in this chair.

With a stern warning that they had only half an hour to prepare, the Tough judge left through the emergency exit (which should have set off alarms, but didn't), leaving his fellow judges in disarray. Coco wasted no time in heading backstage herself, spotting her name on dressing room #2. "Number 2? Clearly they don't know who I am. I'll be taking first place this year." She said to whoever was within earshot, heading into her dressing room to change.

She locked the door, sighing in exasperation as she released Marshmallow and Yokozuna. "Ugh, I'm covered in dust and glitter! What were those clumsy fools thinking?" Removing her casual clothes, she hurriedly washed her face and hair, doing her best to get rid of the annoying substances. Unfortunately, the hairdryer she had been provided refused to work, due to faulty wiring or something.

"Seriously?" She groaned, cursing the shoddy appliance. This whole event was already falling apart. "Yoko, can I get a hand, please? Use your Whirlwind to dry me off?" The Makuhita nodded, stepping forward and putting both arms in front of himself. Coco stood still in front of him, making sure there was nothing else for the attack to affect.

Yoko began spinning his arms in tight circles in front of him, quickly building up speed until his arms were mere blurs of motion. A tight funnel of wind formed, blowing Coco's hair back and threatening to knock her over. "Okay, stop! Thank you!" She shouted over the roar of wind. Yoko stopped, stifling his laughter.

Coco sat down heavily in her chair, a little dazed by the experience. Her hair was dry, but swept back and sticking out from the wind. She grabbed a brush, quickly restoring it to a neater, more formal look. "That could have gone better. Thanks for trying, but perhaps a Whirlwind wasn't the best solution for a broken hairdryer."

Yoko shrugged, just happy to have helped. He and Marshmallow had comparably little work to do to prepare. One upside of human-shaped Pokemon was that they could easily prepare themselves.

Now free of glitter and rock residue, and her hair looking fabulous, Coco got dressed in her favorite purple dress and shoes, confident that she looked sophisticated enough, even for a grumpy old man like Carlos. She double checked that she had everything (she did), gave her stuffed Snorlax doll a hug (for luck), gave Marshy and Yoko hugs (because she loved them), and stepped out into the main backstage area.

She took a deep breath, let it out slowly, and put on a smug smirk. "Alright, everyone. Let the games begin, and may the best contestant win. It's showtime!"

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Jay​

((I'm going to add CSS formatting and the like to this when I figure out how, so for now ignore how un-pretty it is, I just wanted to get this posted))​

Jay rose from her seat, confused. She was very glad she had sat in the second row, she had not been pelted with as much debris as many other members of the cast. She quickly gathered her thoughts, and began to head backstage. That had certainly been an unorthodox way to begin the contest, and it gave her qualms about the smoothness with which the proceeding competition would run. Jay had always been starstruck with Juan in the past, but as he gave his thirty minute spiel, she found herself incessantly thinking of her appeal, she had not even noticed Juan stopped talking until Jasper appeared out of nowhere. The entire event had gone downhill from then.

Jay found herself running her teeth over her bottom lip, nibbling its right side. She knew she should not be nervous, she had performed in this theater many times before, and the regular audience members knew her and her performance style, they were sure to enjoy her performance. Then again, that Koestler person had competed with her multiple times in this theater before, and to be perfectly frank, Jay did not like them very much. Their performances always unnerved Jay, and that weird Gengar really freaked her out. They had competed against each other many times before, and both had won against the other before. Jay never understood why Koestler wore that weird mask and adopted such a strange persona, they even acted in a very strange way that Jay was sure was born of probably having a broken household or something. When Jay read 'Koestler' on the roster of people competing in this year's International Idol Star Festival she let out an audible sigh of disappointment.

The welcoming had taken significantly longer than Jay thought it would, being left with only thirty minutes was a huge surprise. Jay was glad she had already done her hair, because if she had planned to do it after this meeting, she would have been royally screwed over. The judges were not nearly as intimidating as Jay thought they would have been, the whole event seemed almost cobbled together.

Jay left the area quickly, and her mind began to wander to her performance again. Her legs carried her down the hall and her movements became very fluid as she physically marked her dancing. She hummed a little under her breath, worried that her voice would give out on her as she was singing. Her hand absentmindedly reached into her right pocket and produced a honey-lemon lozenge that she popped into her mouth, rolling it around in circles. The flavor melted softly, and prevented her from continuing to ruin the ruby-red lipstick she painstakingly applied this morning. As she passed them, one of the other contestants indignantly said, "Number 2? Clearly they don't know who I am. I'll be taking first place this year." Jay huffed and continued walking, wondering how someone could not know their room number in advance, clearly they did not really care about the competition if they did not even read the release this morning. Jay had all of her accouterments already set aside in room Number 6. She was next to Kenji Oyama, a very old coordinator that was well past his prime, and Carcol Hastingues, a coordinator famous for being completely crazy. This competition was shaping up to be less and less professional as time went on.

Jay swung the door open and began to prepare, frenzied. As someone walked by they closed the door, but Jay did not care. Her clothing was off in under a minute, and she tore her red velvet dress from off its hanger with vigor. The dress, thankfully, remained intact, and she set to getting it on properly without any mishaps. Once in her frenzy, she came onstage with her outfit on backwards, and she did not notice until a minute into the performance, but the embarrassment was crippling and she had to stop the performance. Jay would not allow such mishaps to occur again, especially not on television. The dress was on, and Jay still had twenty six minutes to spare. She actually had it timed, an alarm clock was on her dresser that was set for twenty minutes before the performance, which originally would have given her ample time, but now was crippling. She would not allow herself to take any longer than that though.

Jay stared herself in the mirror and flung open her makeup case, touching up herself with last minute fixes. She grimaced when she came to her mouth, the makeup was smeared down to an inch below her mouth due to her incessant chewing. Makeup remover grazed her tongue and she recoiled violently, slamming the swab down. Jay sunk to the ground and held her head gently, collecting her senses. She pulled herself up with the wooden chair before her and looked herself up and down. The competition was just beginning, and she could not get this ahead of herself or she was sure to cause disaster.

After fixing her lipstick, Jay calmly sent out Leo and smiled to him. "Emogla! Mol!" He cried out eagerly. "Yup, here we go buddy!" She gleamed back at him. She reached over to her desk and picked the pendant holding a shining yellow gem within. Jay tested both release mechanisms quickly, the chain popped in two and the gem popped out with ease, she breathed a size of relief. Jay fixed it around Leo's neck and took a deep breath, in and out. The whole thing was ready to go, Jay could only hope that the set would be ready when she got onstage. If only-

The alarm blared, interrupting her thoughts. "Okay." She said aloud for no particular reason, and exited her changing room, as ready as she would ever be.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

687474703a2f2f747769747069632e636f6d2f73686f772f6c617267652f653363703176
Soren Ferngully
----- Male | 12 | Courrierway, Kalos
----- Cute x Tough // Beauty x Clever

I. A Cold Open
He gripped onto the hem of his blue button-up vest, his knuckles turning white as he lowered his head, brow deeply furrowed and teeth ground. There was grit all over the cotton cashmere, in his hair, irritating his eyes. He sat there between his competitors in the middle of the first row, hiding his face as he was wracked with feelings of anger and humiliation.

This is the International Idol Star Festival... This is supposed to be proper... It's supposed to be important...

He tried to rationalize his thoughts as to why he had sat through the snide remarks, irreverence, and overall discombobulated initiation that was the portent train wreck before him. Even now as he tried to reign in his emotions from the old man's welcome of showering the lot in dirt, he was trying to convince himself that joining this wasn't a mistake. After recovering some semblance of composure from the initial uproar, he lifted his head and took a deep breath, brushing the debris out of his hair, from his face, off his formal wear. Once deep into his own thought, his concentration dissipated as the sound of frenzied Pokemon bled into the foreground, drawing his attention. It took him a second, but now he was fully aware of what was happening on the stage before him. A whinnying and bucking Zebstrika sparked as it pounded its hooves onto the stage floor, its eyes wide from being spooked. Elsewhere on stage, a Pachirisu was scurrying around, agitated, flecks of electricity bristling through its fur. In the inevitable crash course between the two was a Luvdisc, flopping on the stage with a vigor only fear could bring. The owner of the Water-type would no doubt retaliate if it were mashed beneath the electrified hoof of the stomping zebra, or the static of a frantic and charging rodent.

Soren considered for a brief moment. Out of the corner of his eye he saw two contestants rise up to leave, no intention to assist the floundering lot of Judges and their discomposed Pokemon. They showed about as much care as they felt they were given, and Soren couldn't really blame them.

I just want to put an end to this...

In a moment of ire-fueled conviction, Soren stiffly sprang up to his feet. His small hands went for one of two of his red and white capsules clipped to his belt. He pried off the compact orb, clicked the button on it to manually expand, and putting all his repressed rage into his throw, flung the ball up on stage. In a burst of light, a giant, hexagonal shape twirled into existence, slowing down as the light rescinded to reveal the icy Cryogonal.

At the sight of its Trainer, the thin, multifaceted creature rotated itself, its unsmiling expression now upside down and looking more approachable.

"Cryogonal!" Soren called from the first row, hands balled into fists as he shouted his smudged face pink. His youthful voice belied his age, so too the hint of an accent, his origin. "Set the stage!"

Upon the coded command, the levitating sheet of living ice appeared as if to suddenly explode, an engulfing plume of white Mist forcefully expelled all around it, the stage quickly becoming obscured by the cloud as figures turned into silhouettes and silhouettes began to fade. There were gasps, whinnies, shouts, and confused chattering within. Cracks of electricity here and there revealed the faint contours of Pokemon as the light was heavily refracted. Luckily those currents did not travel, as the mist was pure water and though it was expansive, it was far from dense. The only thing that truly penetrated the obfuscating attack was the familiar glow of Cryogonal's energies.

Soren gave the final order as he lashed out his arm with directive authority. "Freeze them in their tracks!"

At the order, the mist immediately fell, almost instantaneously depositing into a thin layer of chilling frost from such a strong and thankfully indirect Sheer Cold. Everything that was once frantic in the mist was now subject to the sudden shock of the cold, where muscles now involuntarily constricted and a temperature-induced lethargy was a crystallized film over them all.

The Cryogonal had not moved from its position center stage, but rotated itself right-side up as it awaited any further instruction from its Trainer, who now clambered up on stage with a bright look in his eye. Standing to his feet, Soren offered a cheeky round of applause as he cautiously approached the glistening but subdued lot in front of him, more so trying to watch his step of a thin sheet of slippery ice than any repercussions the judges could possibly chide. Standing at the discernible edge of the frost rink now, the young coordinator snapped his fingers twice, and trained to the cue, the Crystallizing Pokemon returned in a beam of light to its Poke Ball right below. As the Ball snapped close, the consequential frost that was on it shattered right off and it rolled itself right back to Soren's feet. He bent down and picked it up.

"Hello," he greeted to his frozen superiors. He tried his best to offer a winning smile. "Soren Ferngully. Kalos."
---[ Event Log ]
----- Soren called Cryogonal to the stage!
----- Cryogonal's Mist and Sheer Cold froze the stage!
----- Soren introduced himself to the judges!

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

-------The three sorry head-coordinators were left coughing and sputtering as they were flushed with moisture but, fortunately, spared. Their Pokemon were not as lucky and they quickly beheld the frozen forms of their partners; Keira's Pikachu had instinctively curled into a ball inches from the cuteness judge's feet, while Terence the Zebstrika, who had just managed to break away from Dequan, emerged from Sheer Cold a white-streaked, equestrian ice statue at center stage, and splayed out in front of them was Juan's poor Luvdisc, frozen and perfectly flattened.

-------The gelid outcome received mixed results. Keira, the hapless, had already fallen to her knees, immediately seeming to forget how her now stock-still Rai-Rai had stung her with sparks just moments before as she regarded the pitiable-seeming Pikachu and let out a low moan. Juan seemed equally upset, immediately rushing to his Water-type's aid.

-------"Amorita!" the host cried out with woe, and with a swish of his billowing coat that sent in its wake a spray of frost, had his beloved Luvdisc coddled in his arms. "Ave Maria, she's utterly frozen!"

-------With another brisk shift of movement, he frantically faced the source of his despondency: the boy in yellow. "Well that was… entirely—"

-------"Brilliant!" Sprite-like laughter. "Aha! Well played; that's all I can say, really!" Dequan's sunny voice intercepted Juan's icy tone, leaving the host wordless as he regarded the cleverness judge with a look of blended incredulity, bewilderment and horror. Keira's boggled expression seemed to communicate the same.

-------"Pretty heedless but I can't complain. Your Cryogonal's in good shape, kid. You don't see many of those in the coordination business. And unless I was mistaken—I'm no Ice-type expert—that was Sheer Cold you used to manipulate that Mist, right?" Dequan ignored the expressions of his other ogling cohorts, instead jerking his head towards Soren and said to them, "We've got a cleverness expert in the making!"

-------Then, the judge laughed again and made another attempt at motion, this time seeking to move towards Terrence. The Zebstrika's pupils were rolling about wildly and with perplexity, the only indication that it was not entirely lifeless in that moment. But as Dequan made an effort to arrive at his Electric-type's side, his legs obstinately refused to follow the command. They stuck in place, just as his torso, arms, chest, shoulders...

-------"I'm frozen!" Dequan exclaimed. He made a jagged movement that only his neck could follow. "I'm frozen!" He swore, but then began to laugh riotously. "Ahahaha! Hahahahaahaha!"

-------"You! What's your name? Soren Ferngully? That's a name. That's a name indeed. A name I'm gonna remember! You can count on that, 'Soren Ferngully'!" He burst out again into cackling hysterics. "Get outta here!"

-------Juan then withdrew Amorita into her pretty-pink Love Ball and raced, ignoring the chilled tenseness in his legs, to the cleverness judge's side. "You heard him. You're dismissed, Soren. Fare thee well!" He brushed the boy away with a flippant wave of his hand. Then he threw his arms underneath Dequan's shoulders before putting all his weight into a strained attempt of lifting his peer. Possessing no muscular control, and thus, technically, no control at all, the cleverness judge tipped back, falling into Juan to the host's utter dismay.

-------"This is ludicrous. Utter irresponsibility on the youth's part. And you praised him for that display, Dequan? ...look at me! Ruined by frost! My beloved coat… And look at you!"

-------"Well, yeah, I know I'm frozen now," the debilitated judge bit back. "And I was just tryin' to be positive. Everyone's in a pretty trashy mood right now. You didn't see the looks on those two girls' faces when they went backstage? We're all just frustrated and impatient 'cause Carlos is a jerk and we want the show to go ahead and start already."

-------"What a wonderful attitude in which to open this year with." The host muttered sardonically as he began to drag the cleverness judge westwards. He called out to Keira: "In need of a little assistance at the moment!"

-------She mumbled a response. In the far corner of the stage, she sat bent over Rai-Rai.

-------He of course did not hear her. "What was that, darling?" he called again, wrestling a Quick Ball from Dequan's pants pocket at the judge's request and rightfully returning Terrence.

-------"The Mist fell on my legs…!" She lifted her head, revealing moisture dancing in her widened, brown eyes. "I-I can't move!" Her voice wavered.

-------Juan exhaled deeply at this. "Oh, Keira…" He promptly left her to herself, deciding it more prudent to tackle one problem at a time, as he continued dragging Dequan across the stage. Despite the great effort that it required, as perceivable through the look of suffrage imprinted on his face, Juan was making fine progress and was already beginning to disappear behind the westward curtains as Keira finally began to cry.

Soren has left a significant impression!

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Carcol Hastingues
Clearly, my portrait should be the most important thing here, non?

MY BELOVED PARTNERS
Pokemon's Condition and Motivation are ranked by Border Colors
GREEN: Tip top shape and ready for action!
YELLOW: They're feeling a bit under the weather.
RED: Completely off their rocker.
(Also hover over their faces to see what they're thinking about on the matter!)
Carcol?! Are you alright?! Oh, no! You keep slipping!! Ah! You're stuck!! AAH, WHERE I AM GOING?!
-----
I bet I could totally shatter that snow flake into a million pieces with a single Bullet Punch.

DEAR DIARY
Entry: #1
-
Ugh, by the stars. This was not my day!. I so rudely fell asleep during the whole opening speech at the contest hall in Hearthrome. Having to tend to my mother's nagging is quite draining on my vigorous vitality! Oh, I had this wonderful dream where I could feel Juan's majestic mustache caressed the cockles of my very heart, and I was lulled by the salacious serenades of other people. But than I was rudely woken up by some tyrannical beast roaring straight into my soul! Ah! I sincerely hope I never encounter this... thing. Anyway, after my rude awakening, I was soon called upon by the saddening wails of a damsel in distress! A wonderful woman -- the Cute Judge, I believe. She was incapacitated, and her little Pikachu was frozen on stage -- in fact, the entire podium was solidified! I had to do something! But... I think my weariness must got the better of me, as I callously slipped on the ice while trying to save this lady.
-
As I remained in a rather undignified position, all I could ask myself is: WHO IS THE VACUOUS SLOWPOKE THAT FROZE THE STAGE?! THEY MESSED MY FLAIR!! Of... of course, I could have avoided the whole frivolous issue had I calmly approached the matter. But don't you understand? I am artiste who takes risks!
-
Still, I wonder if this Cute Judge admired the view. Maybe she was enticed by my buttocks? I've expended my efforts to keep them nice and firm! Speaking of which, did you read everything below? Non? ... What do you mean it's superfluously long?!

The lack of proper sleep had evidently taken its toll on the poorly dressed coordinator's ability to remain awake in the world of the living. Carcol was never too fond of flights; the constant packing, the droning sights, the incessant nagging. All the procedures just to leave a country was an absolute terror; Carcol truly did not understand how people could enjoyed traveling in such a manner so often. His authoritarian mother did not help in the slightest, of course, as that useless woman would always find a way to despotically exert her dominance over others just to compensate for her inferiority complex as a laughably mediocre combatant. It wasn't her son's fault she developed a poor reputation among those brutish Battle Frontiers, how frivolously uncivilized of her to drag everyone else down with her surly slight and petty gripes.

But even his deep-rooted frustration towards his autocratic mother weren't strong enough to hold Carcol's consciousness intact long enough to endure the entire presentation; as a matter of fact, he didn't even last long enough to witness the very beginning! Becoming stiff and still save for his chest pulsating from his rhythmic breathing, Carcol's rear had gradually sank into the seams of his seats. It's highly unlikely that these seats were designed to lull people into comfort, but Carcol's weariness couldn't afford discriminate in such times. His snores weren't particularly loud, but woe to those that haplessly sat beside him during the whole show, as they would most likely witness a young adult with a slightly flaccid pompadour drooling not unlike a helpless toddler who has yet to understand the concept of swallowing their spit to express dignity. His germ-infested fluids were unusually viscous, almost like a slob of clear, bubbly jelly. In short, it was most likely repulsive as a result. To add insult to injury, snot was also hanging out of his left nostril. Delightful.

With only his subconscious left remaining, the voices from on-stage were filtered into faint echoes which were visually translated into obscene apparitions; which was fortunate for the pompous, pink-pompadoured pinhead. These apparitions subtly seeded themselves into Carcol's own little world and began to influence the chaotic structures of his mental labyrinth, which was erratically sewed by his many joys and fears.

In his dream, Carcol encountered a pleasant surprise in the form of the exquisite coordinator, Juan. Such a marvelous piece of work that was so generously bestowed upon this squalid world; Juan was a man that undoubtedly inspired many artistes. From his shipshape outfit to his majestically simple mustache to even down to his charm and etiquette as a proper gentleman, he was a man among men. In some ways, Carcol believed that a part of his own style was influenced from his own adulation to Juan's mannerisms. Why, if Carcol wasn't so obsessed over women, he would licentiously throw himself at Juan's tender arms without a care in the world.

If Juan's palpable presence wasn't enough to make the drooling dreamer squeal with great elation, he was also showered in a seemingly infinite stream of luminous praise, poured generously by other people; all vaguely forming the shapes and sizes of those who were with him inside the contest hall. He felt like he was at the very center of the universe; his very essence becoming the brightest star in the endless stretches of the galaxy. During his inner moment of ethereal bliss, his subconsciousness tried to preserve the distant voices from the entire presentation he carelessly slept through, and vaguely remembered the information by gradually collecting them into some sort of decrepit safe that was tucked away somewhere in that squalid brain of his. This was to ensure Carcol would not just wake up from his delusional state and left utterly clueless.

Preferring dream over reality, Carcol remained absolutely enraptured by his own twisted fantasy. Due to a certain angle, his ludicrous pompadour had actually obscured his slumbering eyes and those on stage wouldn't notice the fact that one of the audience members actually had the nerve to discourteously remain asleep for their rather diligent presentation; surely an insult towards their effort. On the other hand, his pompadour would have probably soaked up all their attention anyway and his rather sordid vibe -- especially evident from his drooling -- would probably deter their gazes, at least keep their observations on the young man to a bare minimum.

Regardless on that matter, however. Though he was able to keep himself locked in his peaceful stasis, Carcol would soon be robbed of his beautiful paradise that was erected inside his own mind as some grimy old man. At least, that's what it sounded like initially; as it drew closer, it became evident that this was some sort of hellish abomination, abruptly confronted him with a heavy thud; their arrival delivered a thunderous impact that struck Carcol's body and pelted him with invisible debris. The very appearance of this eldritch creature immediately decimated Juan and the other admirers that were tending to Carcol's disproportionate ego, causing all of these apparitions to disperse. His own little world grew dark and darker over time, and Carcol swore that this nefarious invader was feeding on the murkiness of his dream to become even larger than before. Finally, when it became clear that Carcol's pleasant dream converted into a full fledged nightmare, the creature finally made its act. It let out the most chthonic of noises, something that an earthbound being could never emulate. Such a sound mercilessly violated Carcol's ear canals and evoked a terrible tremor to strike his body.

And with that, Carcol woke up shivering in cold sweat.

He tilted his head back, staring straight at the ceiling within the auditorium; his eyes widened to a flabbergasted gawk. His breathing had halted for a solid moment and it felt like a boulder was weighing down on his poor chest. Was this what they called sleep paralysis, Carcol wondered? Fortunately, this state lasted momentarily, and after a sudden gasp for air, Carcol was freed from his shock shortly after.

He examined himself and realized his very purple outfit was dastardly decorated in what appeared to be dusty specks that came off some mucky crag. Normally, he would instinctively brush off any dirty dross that would dare sully on his elegant garbs, but it seemed the trauma of his night terror continued to linger through his spine as a sickening surge; this sensation was heightened by Carcol's undying affinity for melodrama, as his thoughts began to ponder incessantly on the significance of his vision. Deep in his thoughts, his eyes were still widened to the point that he was giving off this very deranged demeanor; such a look would certainly not meet his standards of appearing solemn to others, but he truly feared for his very life; this fiend that had drilled so precipitously into his most private reaches of his own mind. He just remained in his seat in a trance, momentarily oblivious to his surroundings and utterly frozen from a concoction of confusion and fear. As a matter of fact, he could literally feel this slight cold chill creeping into his skin and through his bones, which only aggravated his bewildered condition.

But suddenly, he heard the distressful cries of a lady! Almost as if Carcol heard the haunting melodies of a Meloetta, his bravery which was bound by his overwhelming terror was cut loose by the wails of a woman, and it gave the Pompoordinator the drive to break out of his daunting daze and revert back to his usual ardent demeanor as an exquisite artiste as well as a dashing gentleman who yearns for fantastical romance! With that said, Carcol flew off his seat with purpose and dashed straight towards the now frosted stage, practically vaulting over to reach his destination -- that is, if vaulting meant frantically scrambling one's entire body onto a higher platform.

Carcol now found himself standing on the brink of an icy wasteland. He was beside a young boy with a rather grandiloquent set of blonde locks -- they obviously weren't as impressive as Carcol's pompadour, but he did have a nasty habit of overestimating his... unique hairstyle. Carcol initiated a very quick investigation on this lad and he soon discovered, based on his familiar attire and demeanor, that this little boy obviously hailed from the region of UNOVA. Clearly, he callously thought. Nevertheless, it was extremely clear that the source of the woman's weeps were not coming from this prepubescent child and Carcol immediately lost interest. Through a laughably short process of elimination, he turned his gaze to the only other person that was left on stage and he had finally found his target; there, in the corner, was a woman with such beautiful brown eyes and was accompanied by some rodent in some frilly dress Carcol literally didn't care for, at least not at the moment. She was, however, dressed in a rather... dissonant fashion? This did not bother Carcol too much, given the severity of the situation.

"Ah, Mademoiselle! You are in peril?! You are!" Carcol's practically sang his lines as if he really were performing on stage as an over-the-top actor, as if trying his hardest to emphasize on the predicament and on his heroics, "Fear not, my sweet tender love! For I, Carcol, shall be your savior!!"

Carcol took on a very proud posture as he began to scheme his epic act to save this damsel in distress; despite the most optimal solution for this being simple, Carcol was never one for minimalist efforts -- especially when it came to valiance and acting chivalrous for a lady in trouble. Smugly, he locked a giddy smirk on his already pompous expression and began calmly approaching the woman; her weeping eyes and her distressed voice only motivated Carcol's righteous heart. He took exaggerated strides, as if to showcase very inch of his courageous movement. Carcol already had an exciting way to save this poor lady from her ordeal; he slowly reached inside his purple coat to take out one of his personal capsuled containers that house his partners. He envisioned in his head in the style of a sophisticated but also pretentiously written movie; he would send out his handsome Escargoo and--

Before he could even finish that wondrous thought, Carcol quickly realized that something was very off with his footing. Gasp! There was no traction! He was so caught up in his hammy acting, he didn't even realize that this whole stage was covered in ice. Which is quite an accolade for one to be so oblivious. His feet refused to stick to the floor, or rather the floor was rejecting his feet; either way, Carcol could not prevent himself from haplessly skidding across the stage and straight towards the very lady he was aiming to assist in the first place! Realizing he was on a crash-course for imminent disaster with this poor woman, Carcol quickly took matters into his own hands and he hurled every ounce of his pitiful strength into the very sole of his shoes to pivot like he never pivoted before. Trying to cancel his momentum by going the opposite direction, Carcol failed to understand the concept of inertia and the physics applied on icy terrains. Losing complete balance, he flopped straight onto the floor face-first just a few feet away from the cuteness judge after he had recklessly spun himself around to stop himself from harming her as well as her Pokemon.

Carcol briefly saw a white flash as his head made a loud thud against the ice. Strangely, he didn't experience any excruciating pain, but he could feel his face stinging from the harsh cold touch of ice -- it was like his very soul was being sapped of its essence. He groaned out of frustration and gradually picked himself off the ground, feeling a bit flustered on such an embarrassing mishap. A minor set-back, he thought to himself as he recollected his thoughts and composure. But before he could attempt to redeem himself of his literal slip-up, he quickly realized that his tongue refused to peel off from the ice. It was stuck.

"Thonoba--!!"

Carcol's speech was completely impaired, with his crucial tool completely bound to the floor by an icy bind. To make matters worse, he heard something rolling across the icy stage. Unable to turn his head, he rolled his eyes and used his peripherals.

"Ah dwopped mah Pogey-Bawlth!" He cried out rather helplessly, not realizing the unfortunate innuendo behind what he said -- though whether anyone understood him was an entirely different matter. They must have fallen out during his fall, he deduced. Unable to call out his Pokemon for help, the pompadour-pinhead inadvertently became a damsel in distress himself. He was stuck in quite a solemn position; he was on his fours, hands burning from the icy surface, and his head had no choice but to remain completely earthbound. His rear was in glorious view for the woman he tried to save! What an ordeal!

Carcol felt his taste buds and touch stumps becoming numb overtime. In response, his expression became that of a very vexed young man who questioned the nature of his woeful luck. He scanned his eyes around, trying to see where his sealed partners had rolled off to after they escaped his limited line of sight. Their destination seemed unclear, but they were bound to hit something, perhaps? Still, if his Pokemon couldn't help him...

"Vehilee, ah gan geth oudda dith!" He proudly but almost incomprehensibly exclaimed aloud, as if trying to egg himself to get out of his current predicament. He figured he had some sort of a reasonable solution for this!

The truth is... this incredibly melodramatic jester could really use some help from literally anyone. Or not.​

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

★ Keira
★ Miss Anne-Marie

-------Enraptured in her sobs and self-pity, the judge evaded anything prior to the particular incident with her head in her hands. In was in those seconds before the contestant landed before her that she heard the muffled shout and felt the sensation of another person's presence careening towards her. Keira hesitated; she spread her fingers just enough to shyly face her fate, but things turned out much more fortunately for her than expected.

-------There was Carcol—she immediately recalled his name—splayed out unflatteringly before her, rear forward, head back and down against the ice. He attempted to communicate with her: "Thonoba—! Ah dwopped mah Pogey-Bawlth!"

-------Keira's sniffles were punctuated with giggling and that quickly evolved into full-out laughter. She went on raucously, laughing and laughing, her hands still cupped over her mouth. From the rise of her cheeks and the shimmer in her eyes, their lashes just dotted with tiny tears, it was obvious that the cuteness judge was grinning like a fool.

Carcol has thoroughly amused a judge!

-------There was a certain sullenness to the situation that Keira's amusement caused her to overlook. She fought to speak coherently through her tee-hees: "Oh… Carcol… your name's Carcol, right?"

-------On that note, Keira finally gave up, throwing back her head and cackling greatly. Her Pokemon cringed at the sound. She was seemingly unconscious on the floor before her coordinator but Rai-Rai snapped to attentiveness and glared profusely at the strident near-screaming that was the cuteness judge's laughter. The Pikachu was still bundled up with her limbs, ears and tail are folded and curled against her. Still, her fabulous outfit glimmered on; the cropped top, wavy skirt, armlets and adorning bows.

-------"I-is that your Pokeball?" Tittering on, Keira reached out her arm to beckon towards a capsule rocking dangerously near the stage's edge. "Y-you should go get that…!" Another burst of breathy hysterics. The judge once against threw her face into the palms of her hands; she'd realized the direction Carcol was facing. And she stayed there for a while, snickering into her hands, her legs folded underneath the poofy silhouette of her dress; it was if she were sitting on a pink cotton candy cloud, for her entire gown was the same solid shade of pink, ignoring the white hem and circular sleeves.

-------"I'm sorry…" She may have been apologizing for many things. Keira lifted her head and gave a weak smile… at Carcol's rear. "You can't move either, can you? You're frozen too? Huh…" She sighed. "Well, I guess we're stuck, then! Haha! Ha ha ha!"

-------With a tone strikingly similar to Dequan's, Keira gave yet another hearty chortle before crossing her arms and settling down like a child reluctantly doing as told, though her deceivingly happy look might have blurred the intention.

-------A moment of silence—Keira was fighting back laughter as best she could—before the curtains beside them rustled with movement. A little Grass-type came spinning out, a Bellossom with pink flowers and purple complexion. The Flower Pokemon hustled from backstage, skittering slightly on the ice as she slid up to Carcol. She bent over slightly so look him curiously in the eyes before her attention was drawn to his lolling hairdo. The Bellossom began gently tossing its end up and down, wondering how it might respond.

-------"Hyacinth, sweetie!" Anne-Marie cried in a singsong tone light with feverishness. The judge appeared before both Keira and Carcol, arms falling tightly to her sides and eyes locking onto the commotion she'd walked into. "Oh…?"

-------"Hi, Anne…" Keira sounded almost sheepish. She had lowered her hands once more to watch the over-curious Bellossom waltz in and how her gaze shifted overhead to her fellow judge who, unfortunately, seemed a tad nettled.

-------Miss Anne-Marie muttered something—"Indecent" it might have been—before beckoning Hyacinth over. The shiny Bellossom instantly skated over and clutched onto the beauty judge's skirt.

-------"Hyacinth…" She gently redirected the Grass-type, bending over to push her forwards the other forlorn and frozen coordinators. "Offer your assistance with Sunny Day."

-------She did as told. Bellossom gave a slight grunt of effort before releasing some pent-up energy and letting loose a ball of light that emanated heat. Densely-packed, it coursed like fire over Rai-Rai. The Pikachu immediately relaxed.

-------In a seconds time, the Electric Mouse's ears perked up, bringing a great look of joy to Keira's face. "Oh, Hyacinth, thank you!" The Pikachu's cheeks were already begin to spark again and the cuteness judge offered hushed assurance to her somewhat-startled Pokemon before scraping up Rai-Rai's Pokeball and returning her.

-------"Your legs should be fine in a few moments," said Anne-Marie.

-------"I can already feel it!" The cuteness judge appeared to tremble before abruptly tipping to one side as she cautiously unbent one leg, and then the other. She winced as she now stood on numb legs but seemed thoroughly grateful all the same. "Thank you so, so much! I owe you one! I really do. You and your Bellossom are the best!"

-------"It's fine." Her peer replied with a straight face, allowing her Pokemon to cry jubilantly before rushing into her skirt again. Anne-Marie watched as Keira took a hesitant step forward, teetering dangerously on the icy stage with her red heels, but ultimately moving at too slow of a pace to fall as disastrously as Carcol had. She disregarded his presence near entirely now, moving past Anne behind the eastward curtains, an invigorated skip in her step as she vanished from sight.

-------Anne-Marie, however, did not feint nonobservance. Once her fellow judge had left, she turned a piercingly critical look onto the coordinator collapsed a couple feet away.

-------"The Sunny Day should thaw you as well. Collect your Pokeballs when you're decent and move backstage, please. I saw you sleeping in the audience, Carcol. I don't miss things like that. And this display… you're unlucky that I found you lying like this, is all I'll say at the moment."

Carcol seems to have disappointed a judge…

-------"Let's hope, for your benefit, that you didn't miss much during your nap. Come now, Hyacinth…" She referred to her blooming Bellossom now who, with the same fervent enthusiasm, rushed after her as she bluntly left Carcol in his discouraging state to follow in Keira's wake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ech

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

Act I, Scene i: " A brief stint of applause was heard from the audience. "
-----
Koestler sat rather emotionlessly in her seat, her face as restricted and tight as the hair bun on her head. As the judges made their respective jeers about the contestants, they must've used her decidedly dry style of clothing to fuel their presumptions that the entourage was dull; after all, nothing really complemented that supposition more than a so-called "eccentric performer" showing up in a tweed vest and a pair of thick-rimmed circular glasses. To the untrained eye, her expression might've given off the notion that she was a stoic; though, if one closely examined the way she subtly shifted while being pelted with small bits of rock or how her brow furrowed when her Gengar burst forth from its pokeball in response to Carlos' appeal, it would become suddenly obvious that the woman was experiencing a form of intense curiosity. It wasn't rapture, however … that would suggest happiness, or revelry; this was hypersensitivity, an unbroken focus that filed every detail of the judges' appearance and demeanor into an unseen library at the back of the brain.
-----
She didn't offer a tangible movement until the presentation ended and the coordinators were left to reflect on the chaos occurring on-stage: she placed two fingers to the corner of her lips and engaged in a fierce internal debate until Sondheim let out an inquisitive coo. She had barely concerned herself with the Gengar's fussing after it was forced outside of its pokeball, and therefore hadn't noticed when the Pokemon calmed down and came to rest on her lap. To compensate for her minor negligence, Koestler spared her hand to pet the creature lovingly on the head. The Ghost responded gratefully in return, and while its trainer was glad her apology was accepted, she never quite understood how the Gengar extracted pleasure from being pet; without skin or fur to touch, the gesture degraded into placing a hand vaguely in the gasses that composed its body and making a scratching motion. Perhaps it enjoyed sapping the body heat from her hand or simply appreciated the formality.
-----
The two rested comfortably in their seat as they were treated to a show. A blonde boy - incredibly younger than her - had jumped onto the stage, wanting to solidify a strong impression on the judges. Why he had chosen to do so by freezing everyone solid was beyond Koestler's scope of understanding, but she wasn't in any position to throw stones at an unorthodox move. In fact, she rather enjoyed the display, but not nearly as much as she loved watching a flamboyant competitor scrabble onto the scene and get himself caught in a compromising situation; all in hopes of saving the cuteness judge from her plight like some swashbuckling vigilante. The fun quickly turned into a scolding, however, as another judge came forth and warmed the stage once more.
-----
Koestler whispered to Sondheim once the two officials left, snapping it from its gleeful daze. The Ghost dutifully nodded and began to emit a thick, purple aura, planting its arms in the direction of the foppish, incapacitated individual. Psychic was an elegantly simple and powerful move after all, and time was of the essence, so more fanciful options to save him from embarrassment had to be saved for later. The swashbuckler was surrounded by an odd haze which plucked him from the grip of his predicament, and then gently placed on his feet with relative grace; sans a minor struggle to unlatch the man's tongue from the melting ice … which didn't react quickly enough for the Pokemon's patience to bear and was lackadaisically torn from it instead.
-----
A brief stint of applause was heard from the audience. Koestler rose from her seat, her Gengar joyfully floating to the air beside her shoulder and smiling at their company. " What a charming mess, " she said in a low, resonate voice. " Despite what the older gentleman said, I think you'll all make very entertaining acts. "
-----

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
EOU6Tdv.jpg
Eric Pique
441.gif
294.gif
Day 1

Good god, and here I was thinking family reunions were long and boring... Eric let out a suppressed sigh as he readjusted himself into a more comfortable position on his seat for what felt like the hundredth time. It was bad enough that the summer heat had prevented him from doing anything remotely entertaining outside, but now that the long-awaited first day of the International Idol Star Festival had arrived, they were met with a monotonous and long-winded speech about the tournament and the values of a coordinator - something all of them had probably been lectured about hundreds of times.

Well, at least I can take a good look at the competition, or something. he thought, crossing his arms as he looked over his future opponents from under his shades. There was the rich-looking blondinet kid, with an air about him that seemed more suitable for a butler than a young boy. There was a tanned girl, all prim and proper, though much older than him - what was with all the organized snobs in the room anyway? In the seat in front of him was another girl, looking mildly disappointed from her expression. Next to her was yet another embarrassment to co-ordinating, a sleeping young man with a hairstyle that would have made for a better bird's nest than something on someone's head. Eric momentarily considered doing the same as him. He could pull it off, with the shades. There was also an old man sitting among them. He assumed it was probably one of the co-ordinators' family members who had showed up for moral support, or maybe the janitor, or something. He let out another sigh. It took all the self-control he could muster to stop himself from lashing out at the host.

Holy hell, finally! Eric thought to himself as Juan finished reading off the small piece of paper he had pulled out. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be getting out-

"Oh for crying out loud, there's more?" he cursed under his breath as the judges came in one by one, each displaying their abilities and introducing themselves. First came the cool judge, followed by the cute judge, then the beauty judge. Eric wasn't getting a good vibe from her - the way she examined the crew was a little too unsettling.

Alright, I can't handle this any longer. If I don't stretch my legs right now I'm gonna end up in a damn wheelchair. Eric thought. He quickly glanced to his left, where the tanned girl was sitting a few seats away. Nobody else was in this row, so surely nobody would notice him going for a quick 'bathroom break'.

Quietly sliding across the other seats along his row, Eric made his way towards the exit. The bathroom facilities were right next to the stage - but he wasn't particularly in the mood for exploring. In the short time it took him to get there and back, he had at least stretched his legs a little. As he neared the door to the stage, he suddenly heard a loud crash followed by the sound of people and pokemon yelling. ...what..?

He poked his head into the room, where all hell had broken loose on stage. Pokemon had been released, ice and mist were covering the entire stage area, some dolt had gotten himself stuck to the floor butt-in-the-air...

"Yep, not dealing with that mess." he said. He noticed however that some of the contestants were starting to leave, exiting through the same set of doors he was coming in from. He assumed, from the fact they were leaving, that the introduction was over and that they were now free to prepare for the contest - whenever that was. Maybe he'd get to talk to some of the competition backstage.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
IISF ~ ROUND 1
' Making a Bold Introduction in the city of Hearthome! '

Primary ⇢ Appeal ⇢ Mystery

jaunts%20stupid%20shiny%20transparent%20dog_zpszii4xl6a.gif
wigglytuff.png
gengar.png
chatot.png
goodra.png
emolga.png

Out-Of-Character / Day 1
___​

------- "Now what do we have here, hm?" Carlos Rustigi's voice rang high and condescending as he strode in from seemingly nowhere into the west wing of the backstage area. An otherwise unassuming corner now strewn with the three bodies of Juan, Dequan and Keira, all coddled around a high-powered heater like cavemen wrapped around the world's first-found Fire 'monster.
------- As a response to his sudden arrival, the three turned. Keira in-particular glowered. "Don't laugh!" From his smile along, it was clear Carlos was about to.
------- Jasper, trailing closely behind, had far less composure and his unbridled cackling made Keira go pale in the face. "Obviously we shouldn't have gone anywhere—!"
------- He would have spoken more but Juan stopped him dead. "That's quite enough from either of you. It is, at this precise moment, that everyone should prioritize moving forward and moving onwards." That utterance of advice, laced with vexation, was not what silenced the Kalosian youth or the accompanying older gentlemen, as both continued grinning ceaselessly at whatever unexplained nonsense they had walked in on. Rather it was what Juan Valentino was nearly interrupted by. Rather again, who.
------- Pushing back the velveteen curtains, a stout man garnished in dark business suit, heavily-hooded eyes and ear-to-ear beard—such which gave the impression that it was engulfing the bottom half of his face—appeared in the backstage area."Sorry f' interruptin'... judges… Cameramen just arrived… Show 'bout to start..." The man muttered something indistinguishable under his breath before departing abruptly afterwards.
-------"Well, I didn't understand half of that—"
-------"Silence, Jasper." Juan climbed onto his feet, turning a critical eye onto his coat to see to it that he looked decent. "Ah, but isn't that the announcement we were all anticipating?" When it was certain he did, he turned onto his cohorts with a greatly hopeful expression.
------- "Sure was!" Dequan said, both grinning and grimacing as he scraped himself off the floor. His smile evaporated entirely when, hastily, the host switched off the heater and turned to tearing the plug from this socket. Keira murmured something about her legs "clamming up" again but she was ignored, for even Carlos was excited now, and that was certainly a more riveting moment to behold.
------- "Oh, finally!" The toughness judge vigorously rubbed his hands together. "A new iteration of the IIS, beginning tonight! Seven contestants with only one that looks like they've any sense… ooh! I wonder if we'll have a first-round drop-out like we did last year? You think someone will have the decency to not break their arm in the messiest way possible, ahaha...?"
------- Alas, it could never be anything from derision from Carlos, and at a point where anxiety was at its peak, his sardonicism settled high. He was followed by some brief, encompassing silence before Anne-Marie gave a soft but resilient reply: "It is valueless to paint our future with our past."
------- Juan Valentino interpreted this as a fitting conclusion. "And that is that! Now, I suppose I'll be seeing you in time." And with himself fully straightened out and smiling confidently, he strode off to acquaintance the cameramen.

7: 45 | It's showtime!
All players' characters have been relocated to the shared dressing & preparation area.

-------A modern-day Sinnoh-born philosopher once reasoned mankind would go to unreasonable lengths to grovel in the presence emanated by those creatures called Pokemon. From the time Pokemon-human marriage was still considered sane, to the time where Team Rocket and their many variants (or copycats) tormented the regions, Pokemon were the greatest encouragement, the greatest aspiration. Even today, albeit less poignantly, Pokemon held such enrapturing power over human beings as they dragged thousands from their comfortable houses throughout the darkened streets of Hearthome on a late summer night. Late summer in the Sinnoh region was effectively nighttime and the nightmarish temperature was only accentuated by the time of day. They called Sinnoh unjustifiable the "laziest reason" when, truly, only the inhuman could stand such weather on a nearly daily basis. Nonetheless, the elderly, adolescent and early youth, dressed in their very best, accompanied by their finely-groomed and finely-managed partners—this was confirmed by a great number of security guards—all pranced up the road as if it were not teetering at a measly 40 to 50 degrees, an unlucky night breeze making it feel far worse. Though, they'd all be gathered in the cozy Contest Hall for the majority of the night, so there was truly little cause of worry.
-------The IIS was well-esteemed but not especially exclusive to grab ahold of tickets for. It thusly became every older person in Hearthome's goal to bring a child, grandchild, niece or nephew to at least one live showing in their lifetime. Understandably, then, the theater area was packed in a number of minutes. A thousand rows, all filled with smiling, rosy faces, revved up by an intangible MC somewhere so that the entire stadium seemed to radiate with excitement and energy. The room seemed surprisingly larger when that stream of people came steadily trickling in, collecting in the seats to form a greatly colorful sea of so many different people and domestic Pokemon.
-------Juan and Edmundo, his Kingdra, had already boarded the stage and the host was characteristically talking up a storm. The audience, alternatively, was eating up every word, lingering hungrily on every one of his many phrases. Those with smaller attention spans were immediately drawn in instead by his gushingly powerful Kingdra, shimmering with light from a simple clever technique.
-------"To conclude, whatever path you take, take it with Pokemon! Our partners, our champions, our very best friends!" Valentino vigorously concluded, signalling Edmundo to duck swiftly leftwards with Agility before blasting forwards with great culminated power. In the wake of a gorgeous gush of water, Juan spoke something else too, but it was lost in the great roar of the audience. Perhaps the near-million viewing from home would catch those words but, even so, many would argue they were missing out. The honest way to experience the IIS, to many, was to be there in the flesh while all the wonder commenced right before you.
-------At the moment, Juan Valentino seemed near to repeating himself, but he was bluntly cut off by the MC who brightly announced the arrival of the judges! The five faithful panel members had been announced and advertised thoroughly prior so it hardly a surprise to the majority of the audience. Still, the applause was deafening when Anne-Marie descended the stairs, shiny Bellossom Petal Dancing closely behind her. She stopped momentarily to curtsy—invoking yet more applause—before sweeping gracefully to her seat at the dead middle of the judges' table, feet in front of the first row of seats. Loyal fans expectantly reached out towards her, screaming as loud as they could, as if the poor beauty judge were deaf. It scared poor Hyacinth who leapt into her coordinator's lap. Security jumped immediately to ward the screaming fans back.
-------After Anne-Marie was the second most popular judge and, undeniably, the most infamous, Carlos Rustigi. He was met with great cheering, entwined with some booing, as he sat on the far right, Dinzel the Rhyhorn hulking behind him. The Rock-type took his own seat, sprawled out on the floor by Carlos' feet. The younger onlookers cooed with adoration, including those at home as the camera panned in to Dinzel's cutely disinterested expression.
-------Finally, in trailed the judges of cuteness, cleverness and coolness. Though they followed a designated line of movement to their chairs, they were all waving and bowing to the rigorous ovation with radiant smiles. As Gasparre took his seat, his Kecleon crawled up onto his shoulders, striking a fierce pose to the still-cheering audience behind him. Keira's Buneary hopped up neatly into her lap as the two settled in their seat in-between Gasparre and Anne-Marie. Finally, Dequan settled after he personally amped the crowd for a few moments before Bunkley anxiously tugged him into his seat between Anne and Carlos.
-------"Certainly we've ourselves a stunning selection this year!" Juan near-screamed into his microphone, an indirect call for serenity. Fortunately, it seemed the audience would go relatively tame when the MC piped up again, announcing this time the arrival of the final judge, for a final chair to the left of Jasper went still unclaimed.
-------Juan took to brightly introducing the grey-haired, athletic-seeming fellow in the cream suit that had stumbled his way down the aisles in the direction of the panel. "Well, if it isn't Primo, or as he was known in his televised debut, the PokeDude! Our younger viewers may be perplexed by this primly-dressed fellow but he was, at one point, the grandest human sensation, without a doubt! Star of a plethora of reality television shows, as well as the host for what remains Kanto's most-renowned documentary introducing newcomers to Pokemon Training. Ah, and lest we forget his supreme run as a Pokeathlete?"
230px-Primo2.png

Special Judge #1: Primo Daisuki
-------Primo clumsily took his seat now, snapping his attention up to the host now as he offered a rather sheepish grin. "Err, I suppose I've been many places, yes."
-------"Yes, from TV to the stage itself. Legends say you dabbled in a bit of coordination before the whole… movie career business. And singing debut."
-------A distraught Primo visibly winced as a number of patrons chuckled at the mere mentions of either. He burst out with, "Yes, yes! Granbull and I did more than just dabble in some contests, all the way over in Rustboro! In the cool category, she came first on two separate occasions!"
-------Jasper laughed at this. "I suppose this was the Normal Rank you're referring to?" he offered scornfully.
-------Primo went red. The audience belted with laughter. Juan himself onstage was fighting back a non-phlegmatic grin.
-------"Ah, well we couldn't go without calling attention to our newest member of the panel: Gasparre, or Jasper as he prefers. Excited to be judging this year, son?"
-------"Of course, keep the attention coming! I don't have a problem with that!" This garnered applause. "But yes, Juan, I'm greatly excited for what the talent this year has to offer. And I think it'll be especially refreshing that I'll be here to grade it. We all we get a tad exasperated with the same few judges, no?" On the other hand, Jasper's reply, paired with a very smug look pointed as his fellows, reaped a slight sense of discomfort and wariness. The judges seemed especially begrudging of the boy's attitude, leering back, sour that he'd sassed them before the primary round had yet to go underway.
-------Though, near immediately, the MC yet again called the audience from potential disarray with the convenient declaration that the contest itself was just about to begin! The effect of this was devastating. Great, thunderous applause, such that made Juan evidently disturbed as he once more stated something futile into his microphone. Tranquility did not come until minutes later.
-------When his opportunity came, the host immediately leaped into introducing the upcoming round. "Yes, the Primary Round, everyone! We are just moments away from witnessing the presence of our seven contestants and their seven faithful partners! I'm certain they are all as eager as you are backstage.

Primary Round!
You have 120 in-game seconds to pamper your coordinator's main Pokemon.
Anything you need is in the common dressing room or is a part of your inventory.
Your post should conclude with a thorough description of your Pokemon before they are presented to the audience. If your Pokemon is already well-groomed, still provide a description.
The Primary Round ends when every player has ended a post as described above. Upon conclusion, the audience (and, potentially, the judges) will express their approval.

-------[FONT="Brawler"[B]]"Starting [i]now,[/i] they've two minutes to ready themselves. Not much time at all, truthfully, but that makes the wait for us all that easier! Yes, in no time at all, the seventeenth iteration of the International Idol Star Festival will finally begin…"[/B][/color][/FONT] In reminiscence, his voice nearly trailed away. Signature music began to blast, however, and the audience eagerly clapped to its pounding beat. Faraway, a cameraman signaled to Juan. In compliance, he quickly looked up to smile into the camera.
[span=color: transparent]-------[/span][color=#0080FF][FONT="Brawler"]"Yes, IIS will be back shortly!"[/FONT]
Fade out. A commercial break was provided for the anxious viewers at home.

Last edited:
Years
Corrine "CoCo" Corduroy
It's Showtime!

After getting herself and her Pokémon ready for the show, Coco had waited for everyone else to show up. Not because she wanted to talk to them, but because she wanted to check out the competition. Hopefully they wouldn't disappoint.

Everyone else arrived soon enough, and Juan began another of his marathon speaking sessions. Coco mostly tuned him out, simply waiting for the Contest to start. Everything came down to this one moment, if the MC would just get on with it.

"Starting now, they've two minutes to ready themselves. Not much time at all, truthfully…"

That was all Coco needed to hear from Juan (although she was sure he would keep talking). With the clock officially ticking, Marshmallow stepped up, giving her coordinator a happy smile. Coco returned the grin, looking over Wigglytuff with a critical eye. "Remember, there's six of them out there now, so we want to appeal to all of them. But we should stick to your strengths, to maximize the impact you make. You're absolutely adorable, so we'll need a cute little accessory..."

Coco quickly dug through her bag, pulling out what she needed as she listed them off. "But you need to look tough, so how about... diamonds! If I'm all dressed up, no reason you can't be, too!" Marshmallow had already groomed her fur back in the dressing room, her pink coat practically shining in the spotlight. Coco believed in a "less is more" philosophy, letting the Pokemon's natural traits take the focus.

As the timer ran out, Coco finished by tossing a pinch of glitter onto Marshmallow's face, adding just a touch of sparkle to her smile. The Wigglytuff wore a blue ribbon around the base of each ear, with the bows facing outward. Her fur was smooth, except for the top of her head, which was slightly spiky. She wore a purple cape, the back decorated with pink hearts and white letters reading "Dragon Slayer", fastened loosely around her neck by a blue diamond brooch. "Best of luck, everybody!" Coco smirked at the competition. "You're going to need it."

When the curtain went up, Marshmallow grinned and waved to the audience, inflating herself slightly to show off her muscles, before laughing at her own antics.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Jay​
As soon as Jay heard the call, she was off. Leo flew away from her, knowing exactly what to do. Jay opened her suitcase of miniature costumes, and pulled out a tiny red studded king?s robe and a miniature crown, both fitted perfectly for Leo. She held the robe out in the air extended fully, and Leo returned, a specter in paw, gliding directly into the robe. It fit snug over his shoulders, and he settled down onto the table that Jay was standing next to. The crown was placed perfectly onto Leo?s head, his ears splaying out to each side to create a very cute look. Jay reached across the table, taking a handful of glitter and putting it before Leo, who gathered it inside of his flaps and shut them together tightly against his body so that none escaped. Jay quickly snapped her wrist over Leo?s head, and the electric gem pendant she had draped around her arm fell around Leo?s neck. Jay touched up the look with a lot of some adjustments for the remaining 60 seconds. Right before they had to go, Jay scooped up Leo and deposited him onto her shoulder, where he perched, ready to fly forwards. They were a well-oiled team.

Leo looked like a little king. He wore a deep red king?s cloak with a white fur speckled black interior that ruffled to the outside at the front where it split. His head was adorned with a crown that was red plush with a matching white and black fur rim. There were eight gold branches that came together to form a rounded golden nodule at the top. On the branches were yellow, white, and red jewels attached. In Leo?s paw was clasped a golden specter with a large red jewel resting on the top of it. His electric gem pendant rested against his chest. Jay?s red dress made her appear like a princess next to the king perched on her shoulder.

The curtains opened and when Jay was the person focused on, Leo leapt off of Jay?s shoulder and opened her wings, flapping upwards in a cloud of glitter. The batting motion swept the particles through the air and they swirled around Leo as he flew around in a circle, presenting his costume to the audience and Jay posed with arms outstretched, smiling widely.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Carcol Hastingues
Clearly, my portrait should be the most important thing here, non?

MY BELOVED PARTNERS
Pokemon's Condition and Motivation are ranked by Border Colors
GREEN: Tip top shape and ready for action!
YELLOW: They're feeling a bit under the weather.
RED: Completely off their rocker.
(Also hover over their faces to see what they're thinking about on the matter!)
This weird powdery stuff kind of hurts my skin...
-----
HOW COME I DON'T GET TO DO ANYTHING?!

DEAR DIARY
<--- Entry: #2
-
Hello, melancholic void, my loyal companion; I've come for your wretched company once again.
-
My suffering knows no bounds; a majestic angel forever lost, I find myself utterly broken.
-
Yet it always snows on Mt. Silver. Alas... my poor tongue.

Carcol just stood there, recollecting his thoughts. He didn't even realize that he was moved to a new location and would soon be thrown into the spotlight with the other contestants. The flamboyant artiste wondered if he even moved on his own will, as the last thing he remembered was some peculiar pink light engulfing his very handsome form and impishly tossing him about like some child's play thing -- at least, that is how he interpreted the whole scenario in his moment of gargantuan grief. Depression grew strong enough that it almost took on a visible form, gradually becoming this darkly dubious manifestation which coated around the pampered coordinator's form and could only be detected by those with an affinity for such despair.

His faithful Goodra was generously released from its pocketed container, in preemptive preparation for the show that was about to start. It had tended to its distressed trainer's side like the loyal companion it was affectionately raised to be, prudently nuzzling him gently with its wet snout to express its concern and to comfort its trainer. Escargoo was being very careful to avert leaving too much of its oozing secretions on the rather prim and proper perfectionist, as not to further aggravate his condition. Carcol didn't remember who had returned him his balls after he had abruptly dropped them. He didn't even react to his beloved friend's affections, and instead, he momentarily locked himself in an unworldly trance; roaming within his labyrinth-shaped realm that defies the conventions of earthbound logic. He was so desperate to ease the excruciating pain that was burning in his heart like a hellish fire bent on destroying all that was sacred. Also, he believed a piece of his tongue was unscrupulously left behind on the icy rink which had bamboozled him so fiendishly and subsequently foiled his immaculate advances to swoon his destined love. This, combined with the visions of some evil brute that beckons for war, continued to haunt his head and tickled his spirit with an incessant sensation that irked him to his core, not unlike an insect bite that itches was cruelly marked on a spot that cannot be reached by his own hands. As he sulked away into oblivion, the distant rings of someone's rather marvelous voice bounced through his ear canals. He recognized the source as the voice of his idol, but he was unable to understand what was being said; In his current state, it would have took too long for the tangled wiring in his convoluted brain to register anything as a comprehensible sentence. Thus, his subconscious had emerged once again to save Carcol in his pinch and it resorted to a crude improvisation of what may have been declared.

"My boy, you've got only two minutes until the show starts! Quickly, my child! Make haste, less you want to be seen as piteous as a Shuckle!" those words were clear as crystal, and stimulus stamped itself on a heavy block that emanated a terrible power through Carcol's entire being. He was motivated and he was determined to make his name. He also had only thirty seconds.

Whether he was sad or mad quickly became irrelevant. Such thoughts perished as reality struck him as brutally as a sharp blade shredding apart a pathetic piece of paper. The shock sent him flying and he immediately scrambled about in the preparation area like some frantic beast; his wounded tongue was left dangling from his mouth, as it was too fearful to remain inside a moist cavity as the saliva would only sting that unfortunate tear. Understandably, Escargoo was abruptly left quite flabbergasted and confused by its trainer's explosive mood swing. It could only observe its trainer's spastic speed and his spurring surges as he scrounged for various trinkets and accessories he could salvage within the area he was residing in before time ran out and he was left in a bad situation.

Carcol himself didn't even recall the theme for this particular entry. It ultimately didn't matter either way, as he had a certain goal in mind. He wanted to redeem himself from earlier and prove his worth; he wanted to win the heart of his beloved, that Beauty Judge who was disgusted by his squalid pratfall. It fueled Carcol's confidence and inflated ego, as he firmly believed that as an extraordinary artiste, Beauty was his specialty. He aimed to beautify his handsome Escargoo; he had some unorthodox opportunities to practice applying a plethora of make-up on his rather brutish Mother, who cared very little about cosmetics. After the Kalosian swashbuckler gathered his necessities, he began to work his magic on a confused and nervous Escargoo, who had a propensity to act anxious shortly before being presented to a large audience.

"Heb dill, Ethgahgoo!" Carcol blabbered to his Pokemon as it squirmed about out of discomfort. Carcol was oblivious to the fact that he was still forced to commune in such an impaired and frivolous manner, as his tongue was not fully healed. Hopefully, he won't size up the crowd with his excessive speeches and talking in general could be kept to a minimum. Alas, keeping things to a minimum was not Carcol's strong point.

Escargoo couldn't help but release small squeaks, as it reluctantly allowed Carcol to practically mold its exterior in one of his ludicrous images. First, a thick pair of eyelashes coated with extra mascara as to accentuate the purple of Escargoo's regal eyes. Second, pink-shaded blusher, which he assumed was completely safe to apply on the gooey skin of his Pokemon, was meticulously patted onto Escargoo's cheeks with a large brush as to convey its softness. At first, Carcol was being moderate with the quantity of make-up he was applying. However, feeling overzealous about his display, he decided to exaggerate on the accentuation and inadvertently transformed his Pokemon into a living, sheeny doll. After he finished his rather ostentatious work, he wrapped a scarf around Escargoo's neck; this piece was stripped in very bright green and was decorated with an assortment of cute buttons Carcol collected on his international trips. This scarf would later double as fashionable reins that would assist Carcol's struggles to drag a very reluctant Goodra onto the stage.

Just before the finish, he applied one more coating of blush on the very lugubrious Goodra before the pretentious coordinator felt sated with his work. With only a few seconds left, he quickly assessed himself but decided to keep to his current garbs as he believed they were satisfactory; the purple matched with his Goodra's eyes, he proudly thought. As he watched the curtains rise up, he prepared a small recital to demonstrate his enticing voice to wow the audience and and perhaps seduce a few of the judges.

His tongue obstructed his words and all that could be heard coming from him was an inappropriate noise akin to childish flatulence. His tongue was still dangling, proudly exposing to the people its minuscule scars. Escargoo couldn't help but shyly hid behind its trainer, as it noticed countless of eyes hungering for a show.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

687474703a2f2f747769747069632e636f6d2f73686f772f6c617267652f653363703176
Soren Ferngully
----- Male | 12 | Courrierway, Kalos
----- Cute x Tough // Beauty x Clever

II. Prim, Proper, and Pinched
Upon the favorable praise and dismissal by the Clever judge Dequan in particular, Soren made no waste to ignore the rest of the scene as he briskly made his way back stage, grinning ear to ear, brushing off ground rock and dust from his person and ruffling it out of his hair. He was aware that his quick acting to blanketly subdue the situation may have been a bit rash only after the Mist cleared and he saw its immobilizing effects were too fully realized, but it all cancelled out when the echo of Dequan's hysteric laughter still rang freshly in his ears.

That one judge understands, he quietly gloated to himself, staring at the Pokeball he still gripped in his hand. It wasn't as perfect as our routine, but everybody was able to see just how worthy we are.

Ungraciously, Soren entered through the common dressing room door, a self-assured beam still on his young face while he raked his fingers through his dirtied locks with one hand, and the other clicked his Pokeball's button, compressing its size. He glanced over the dressing room. At that point in time, there were no other contestants present to get themselves prepared in the scant thirty minutes they were allotted. Soren's eyes danced around the room, focused now on finding only two things. He saw his large canvas bag and trunk first, tossed to a corner in a clump with the other unclaimed luggage of Coordinators to follow him behind, probably heaped together by a stage attended appointed improvised bellhop. Secondly, he caught sight of a clock, hanging on the wall.

"Zut! Zut, zut!" He cursed the time as he quickly trotted over to his luggage and hauled them over to one of the unoccupied private dressing rooms, having at that point only twenty minutes to prepare.

After slipping inside and locking the door so its indicator flipped to reveal it was occupied, Soren clipped his compressed Pokeball back to his belt before thumbing off his only other one, the one that contained today's contest lead. Expanding and releasing it, in the arch of white energy burst forth his shiny Furfrou, already meticulously groomed in her red Kabuki trim. Fifi, in the haughty pose she was fore trained to take upon being called from her chambers, peered down her long snout to an audience that was not there. It took her a second, but once she had realized this, she relaxed her pose with a soft woof and eyed her owner. Soren couldn't help but giggle, reaching out to pet Fifi on the nose.

"Pas encore, Fifi," he lightly heeded her in French, pulling up the cylindrical canvas bag into his lap. He opened it up and rummaged through it while the Furfrou stood waiting patiently. He continued to hushly speak to her. "You're still going to make that pose today, don't forget. It looks like that hair spray really did the trick. I don't see a hair out of place." The Furfrou gingerly touched her paw out to the toe of his loafers as a motion of gratitude, but she quickly withdrew it when she glanced down and discovered his shoes had been soiled with grime.

Soren, in French so as not to be accidentally overheard should someone enter in either of the vacant rooms beside his, addressed it with knitted brow: "That one old man judge thought it would be funny to get us dirty before the show. I do not like him at all. He has a big ego because he is so ancient, but we will impress him anyway with how tough we are." Fifi seemed genuinely amused at the dig, daintily wagging her tail as she looked on slyly.

He pulled out what he was looking for: a small, decorative Poffin Case from the bag, unhooking the carabiner from an inner strap. Pulling open one of its two drawers, he plucked up a handful of two different kinds of Poffin--light beige ones and pink ones with yellow sprinkles--and held them out for Fifi to eat. She thankfully and eagerly fed herself from his hand, and just as she finished, he reached into his bag and pulled out a little black porcelain bowl with the name Fifi printed on the front. Setting it on the ground, he subsequently drew out a bottle of purified water and poured its contents into the bowl for the Furfrou to lap up.

"While you're busy," Soren now said to her, in English, "I'm going to change out of these clothes before anyone else comes in."

He tried to be quick about shedding his attire. Unlocking his rolling trunk, he picked out his garment bag, opened it up, and picked out his identical three-piece backup formal wear by the hanger to get started. Time went by as he changed clothes, polished up his shoes, brushed out his wavy blonde hair of any remaining refuse, wiped his face at the sink and knotted his red tie. Through the thin walls of the small room, he heard other contestants make their way into the dressing room, but he ignored the sounds, focusing on himself first and foremost, while Fifi's attention at her master's heels directed elsewhere.

The dressing room had a television and intercom speaker system hanging on hinges in an upper corner. It was a broadcast of the televised introduction of the International Idol Star's seventeenth edition. Soren glanced over out of the corner of his eye to watch as the camera cut to focus on the guest judge, Primo Daisuke.

I've never heard of him, Soren thought to himself as he squatted down to tease up Fifi's stylized bob cut, the dog herself enraptured by the moving pictures on the screen. Guess his career hasn't aged well. He neither.

At the announcement that the contestants only had three minutes before debut, Soren stiffened, his toes curling in his shoes as he pressed his lips thin. They didn't even send someone to tell us ahead of time! They just expect us to watch them on the tele like the rest of the audience and find out? They act like they're the stars of the show...

Irked and clearly showing on his face, Soren snapped his fingers. At the cue, Fifi stood to attention, at her Coordinator's beck and call. As they exited their dressing room, he glanced over at the other coordinators who still lingered in the common area. Making eye contact with a couple of them, he only lifted up a hand and gave a firm, acknowledging nod to the lot of them, before trotting off with Fifi at his heels.

Making his way to line up behind the grand curtain, he glanced over at the other two coordinators who managed to get here ahead of time. He recognized both girls as the ones who left immediately after the debriefing fiasco, but he tried to get a proper look at their Pokemon partners. He hardly had enough time to lower his eyes when the light and heat of the stage suddenly hit him.

He stood up tall, as tall as his height would permit, hands stiffly at his sides as he held a serious and determined look as he presented himself cleanly. In front of him stood Fifi, standing in a stylized Kabuki trim. Her neck fluff was meticulously shaped to appear as a cubist's rendition of a ruffled jabot. Her red bangs and black bob cut were very smoothly and evenly cut, taking on an almost geometric shape. Even the puffed fur at her wrists took on a ribbed, nearly conical shape. Her tail was particularly alternate to the standard licensed Kabuki trim, taking on a shape not like an uneven cluster of crystals, but more so like a broad fan shape, imitative of the shape of a ginkgo leaf, the fur brushed out to those lengths and petrified by Pokemon-safe hair spray. Fifi's fur coat glistened slickly, and as she stood poised with her nose upturned and a rascally look in her eye, there was no doubt she had a winning appearance, if not accentuated by an air of endearment and fortitude.

---[ Event Log ]
----- Soren went backstage to the men's changeroom!
----- Soren and Fifi primped up for the Appeal Round!
----- Soren and Fifi are on time and curtain-ready!

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
IISF ~ ROUND 1

Primary ⇢ Appeal ⇢ Mystery

wigglytuff.png
gengar.png
chatot.png
goodra.png
emolga.png

Out-Of-Character / Day 1
___​

-------
「 All players have been relocated and positioned onstage. 」

-------The anxiety about the auditorium felt like a rise in humidity as the audience waited in hushed avidity until, finally, that offhand timer sounded. Then, there was an upsurge of their cheers again, before the curtains had a chance to unveil the row of coordinators that lay behind.
-------But, from the shadows, they emerged, a perfect row of seven. Juan made his own presence known with Edmundo to the far left of the stage.
-------"Alright, let's simmer down, everyone…!" His voice already resounded pleadingly through his microphone as the ravings commenced. "Please, allow me to introduce you to our impeccable cast this year!"
-------For a time, the audience's absorption was split between the coordinator at the far left and the succeeding young woman and her Wigglytuff. As the wide-eyed Balloon 'mon blew themselves up before the crowd, they were immediately awarded with plenty of coos, and this adoration soon spread throughout the entire auditorium. "Aww, she's so cute!" was the more popular cry, though a few exclamations of wonder from the unsuspecting—"Woah, did you see those muscles!?"—also popped up here and there. Intentionally or otherwise, as Wigglytuff stood giggling, they achieved an almost whimsical appearance with the stage lights overhead accentuating their glitter and sheen to appear as fairy dust to the enjoying crowd.
-------Yet the ebullience shown at Wigglytuff's arrival was somewhat overshadowed by a great shared laughter that too began to overwhelm the room. Rivaling for the initial applause was a man dressed ornately in purple with an equally conspicuous hairstyle who mounted the stage with his tongue lolling. The crass noises that resulted—they could hardly be interpreted as speech by the front row, even—horrified the more sophisticated members of the crowd but, to most else, it was a source of great hysterics. If this adolescent intended to call attention to himself then he had greatly succeeded. Even those that had looked approvingly upon the Wigglytuff were turning heads to ogle the ostentatious youth and his "mystery 'mon". From their perch behind their coordinator and the mask of makeup that thoroughly obscured their slimy features, the Goodra went unidentified to many of the Hearthome audience.

Carcol & Sir Escargoo the Third stole some spotlight!
The audience was thoroughly amused!
+ 7 points

Corrine & Marshmallow did not go unnoticed!
The audience was impressed!
+ 5 points

-------"Um… yes. On the far left—I apologize. I meant next to the young man on the far left we have Miss Corrine Corduroy, or 'Coco' as she is other times referred to as." Juan's eyes sought to fasten themselves securely on the sea of eager audience members below but, even to this veteran of performing arts it was difficult to turn away from Carcol Hastingues. It was not long before he turned to introducing him instead.
-------"Yes, 'Coco' here, as you might have guessed from her surname, is the daughter of a popular Pokeathlete. Her partner of choice tonight is Marshmallow the Wigglytuff. But over here,—" The host allowed himself to oggle Carcol once more, passing it off as part of the necessary introductions. "This is Carcol Hastingues. That is, Cah-Cuhl Ah-Stan-Ga. He hales from the Kalos region, Lumiose City in fact. That glamor makes itself patent in his… intriguing style, clearly his own. He has certainly, by now, accumulated a hearty bout of attention throughout the coordinating world. If you do not know his name now, you will surely know it later!
-------"As for his partner, the one… behind him… that is his Goodra, Sir Escargoo. She might appear quite meek tonight but I am certain Carcol can defend her aptitude in the 'cute' and 'beautiful' categories."
-------The audience gave wowed whispers as the identity of the mystery 'mon was thusly deduced.
-------"To Corrine's right we have… Miss Gina Clemont!"
-------On cue, the Emolga took flight, leaping from their perch upon the queenly-dressed coordinator's confidently-held shoulders in a show of glitter and glitz. Instantaneously the crowd went alight with enthusiasm. "Woah!" "So cool!" The spectacle in itself the audience found quite astonishing. As the sequin shower settled, however, the unveiling of the coordinator and their chosen partner were shown to hold up just as well. It seemed to bring out the more sophisticated slants in the crowd, the meticulously-matching outfits and royal theme attracting much applause aside from the girl's scintillating opening.

Jay & Leo made a striking first impression!
The audience was greatly impressed!
+ 8 points

-------"Miss Gina here, or 'Jay' as she may prefer, is a thrilling talent native to this very city of Hearthome! The detail and accuracy exemplified in her appeals surely make clear the influence. Regarding her partner, Leo the Emolga, his experience in the category of coolness is undeniable."
-------Ardent applause. Juan quickly kept up the momentum. "On her right is Soren Ferngully from Courrierway City." The boy and his Pokemon presented themselves. "Another Kalosian youth, and a determined one at that with great coordination experience despite his few years; very admirable, that. Tonight he introduces you to his main performer, Fifi! A fine-looking specimen this one. See her fur consistency? Her trim? So heart-stoppingly… cute! Truthfully? Though tough, too, is this Furfrou."
-------A great deal of deferential clapping followed Juan's introduction, laced with a few whistles and coos similar to those given towards Marshmallow. Again, the more experienced onlookers gratefully took note of the preciseness of Fifi's Kabuki-style cut while the younger, less coordination-oriented audience members identified the unique color of the Furfrou, or simply say a cute, furry Pokemon, and offered their enthusiasm.

Soren made a smooth first impression!
The audience was greatly impressed!
+ 8 points

-------Soren had undoubtedly impressed the host as well as he still kept a subtle eye on Fifi even when he began addressing the remainder of the cast onstage.
-------"Next to Soren is another child coordination star, Eric Pique, who also happens to be from Sinnoh like Miss Jay, though from Eterna instead. With him is his Chatot, Allegro, skilled in the category of cuteness. Finally, at his right is the enigmatic Koestler. That being their stage name of course. Their true name is Marjorie Deeds, and they are being joined tonight by Sondheim, another expert in all things cute."
-------As the swiftness in their debuts implied, the audience took little interest in the latter two, though a select few gave a few interested "ooh"s regarding Koestler's stocky Gengar. Eric's partner, on the other hand, went sadly unnoticed. Chatot considered generally by the populace to be quirky at most, annoying at the very worst, and overall not entirely eye-catching, especially when paired next to a Pokemon of such infamy and publicized strength as Gengar.

Koestler & Sondheim appeared unprepared.
The audience was slightly impressed.
+ 1 point

Eric & Allegro appeared unprepared.
The audience was uninterested.
+ 0 points

-------Juan himself seemed unperturbed with either coordinator, rather nearly relieved, likely with the fact that the audience had gone nearly hushed. Everyone now anxiously awaited the opinions of the judges.
-------Many an expectant eye was turned onto the panel. The six members seated at a table just at the head of the auditorium all appeared equally unreadable until the key phrase was spoken by Host Juan Valentino: "Well, judges? What do you think?"
-------Instantly, Carlos went alive with ironic laughter. "O-ho! O-ho-ho! What do I think? Let me tell you what I think about Carcol Hastingues." With intentionally incorrect pronunciation that made the host cringe, the old toughness judge turned onto the purple pampered man with a savage look in his eyes.
-------"Firstly, Carcol, let me address you directly and thank you heartily for making your clownishness so blatant from the very beginning! This way I don't have to waste my expectations on someone so utterly ignorant as yourself to the sophistication of Pokemon coordination! Sir, if the miserable display you've made of you and your poor partner so far is indicative of your actual appeal then you are frankly destined to lose! When I unfortunately had to look upon a photo of you and that ridiculous pompadour—" he spat the word nastily from his mouth "—I was utterly disgusted and, when I unfortunately had to look at you mount the stage with your tongue hanging from your mouth like a goddamn Shellder, I felt nauseous! Literally, nauseous! Oh, how I'd wish to congratulate you on setting an all-time low but you reek of the worst-of-the-worst from last year! You're preposterous! Unprofessional! Your Pokemon has no stage presence either! That's what I think about you, Hasten-goose! You're a wreck! How you got in bamboozles me, but you can mark my words, for as long as you're here, I will gladly rip holes into you until you begin to take this competition seriously!"
-------By the end of his tirade, the old man was red in the face and the audience was rioting. The older onlookers and die-hard fans of the toughness judge were giving a grand standing ovation that, along with the maelstrom of inevitable booing that followed any of his criticism, exploded through the auditorium. The shrieking contingency was not yet enough to smother Carlos' words which still echoed through the halls, their effect evident in the pale faces of his fellows. Juan desperately clasped his hands over his ears onstage, shooting agog glances in the target of the spite's direction. Keira was white and gasping like a dying Goldeen, totally taken aback, while Anne-Marie also seemed quite disturbed. Jasper threw himself back against his chair, cackling maniacally, and Dequan simply sat uncomfortably at Carlos' left. A sheepish air about him made evident his longing for the cameras to cut away from the chaos caused and for the subject to change.
-------When shouting fell down into murmuring, Keira Havens was quick to spout disagreement. "Well! I-I mean… his Goodra's not bad…!"
-------The weak attempt to play devil's advocate was intercepted by Cool Judge, Jasper, who loudly expressed, "That thing's a Goodra!? Are you kidding!? Shoot, I couldn't tell!" He turned, hands cupped around his mouth, to abash the fellow Kalosian coordinator. "Hey, Carcol! Next time you'd wanna go for the makeup brush, not the paint brush, if you don't want your snail to look like Bunkley!"
-------The crowd alight with solely hysterics to Keira's clear disconcertion but, still, she fell silent, biting her lip and turning to peer down at the name card adjacent from her. There was nothing she could say, especially when she did not disagree.
For a few moments more, the shaming would continue as even Carlos cracked a smile before passing it off as a cough. However, if the cuteness judge would not stand up, Miss Anne-Marie Scheinberg-Lebeau most definitely would. She cleared her throat and instantly the crowd went soft.
-------"Carlos, I'm disappointed. I expected more worldliness from a judge as esteemed as yourself."
-------"What? Come now. I hope you're not trying to tell me this fool put any thought into that!"
-------"Hush." The toughness judge had been chortling some but he stopped now. "Carcol is no fool. In fact, what he did was admittedly quite clever." As Anne-Marie turned to face the contestant of focus, murmurs of revelation rippled throughout the crowd. "The heavy make-up and… impropriety is a definite allusion to performance art popularized in urban Unova, which in turn was inspired by traditional Johtoan artistry."
-------Dequan jumped in as well. "Oh, yeah, there's definitely some influence there! All kinds of showings in Castelia's art gallery. I remember when I was interning for Burgh I caught some of… a woman… licking her Cloyster? I mean, that's just one example."
-------"Yes, that sounds about right," Anne-Marie nodded. The woman's glance slid over Carlos who met her, his stare a mix of chagrin and rage. His wrinkled face was blanched.
-------Jasper interrupted the exchange. "Hey, you can't expect any of us to draw that kind of conclusion, Anne-Marie. It's not like we're from Unova."
-------The beauty judge bit back, "I certainly am not and I am quite knowledgeable on the subject." And that was the end of that. Even McCrae had to know when he was beaten; the boy huffed and turned away to busy himself with a something-or-other off in the distance.
-------"So… pretty creative, huh?" Keira changed the subject.
-------"Of course." Miss Anne-Marie said that very lightly. It came across as quite off-putting, especially when she spent some seconds then collecting her next thoughts. As she took to addressing Carcol again, however, it was thusly made apparent just how dark a tone she had taken, even when defending the eccentric act. Anne was not entirely pleased.
-------"As much as I can appreciate the context, I can not say I stand behind introducing Unovian performance art to IIS coordination. There's a level of respectful sophistication to the latter that I feel the former… misses. Most of the time, anyway. With future presentations, Carcol, I strongly recommend taking a different path."
-------Murmurs of agreement. However, Dequan spoke up once more. "Actually, Anne, I disagree. I think creativity should take precedence here. Performance art is as much about expression as coordination in and I think mixing the two could lead to some to some really memorable appeals in the future. If done right, of course." The cleverness judge leaned forward in his chair, resting his arms on the table before holding up a hand and, respectively, two fingers. "I'll give you two points for the primary, Carcol." He gave a winking smile. "Make us proud, 'kay? And show grumpy ol' Carlos up!"
-------Playfully, he turned to regard the judge at his right. The man snorted before saying coldly, "This entire situation is preposterous and based on utter assumption. If it turns out Carcass did, intentionally, turn out to be some 'secret genius', I'll happily eat my own hat."
-------"Wonderful!" Dequan grinned at Anne-Marie who was silent but not willing to oppose. She simply dipped her head, and the criticisms continued.

Dequan was pleasantly surprised!
Carcol has won two bonus points!

-------"I really like what Corrine did with her Wigglytuff!" Primo piped up, bringing to light that he was even present at all, as even audience members were whirling around to regard him confusedly. "Can't say I expected to see Colin Corduroy's daughter here tonight! We were competitors you know, me and your dad, on many occasions. Marshmallow is in top-notch condition, too! Look at those muscles, wow! You don't see that kind of bulk on a Wigglytuff everyday, now! Couldn't expect less from a Pokeathlete's pride and joy!"
-------"Oh my goodness, Marshmallow really was stunning!" The elated praise was instantly echoed by Keira who added eagerly, "Her coat is so healthy and you make sparkly too, Coco! She looks fantastic, and the accessories bring out that toughness, which you don't see brought out as much in the the scene, usually. You've a flawless mix of tough spikes and cute, cute glitter! Really making the Fairy fans in the audience proud!"
-------On that note, a cluster of flamboyantly-dressed adolescents of both genders burst into whoops and cheers, their plastic wands, tiaras and sequin-adorned fake fairy wings catching in the shining lights overhead.
-------Jasper seemed to have had enough of the saccharine positivity, being squashed in-between two people whom he blatantly labeled as being babbling buffoons. "You liked all that glitter? Really? She looks like a giant candy-colored disco ball!"
-------The Fairy-loving demographic spun around, horrified. Their aghast expressions were met with a malevolent grin from the judge of coolness.
-------Indirectly, Dequan appeared to agree as he leaned back again as his chair with the impression that he'd been overwhelmed. "She's definitely shiny..." was his comment.
-------Both expressions earned a glare from Keira as Primo seemed adamant in continuing with the outspoken praise. "Oh, but look at her cape? Aren't there words on it? Hey, Juan, do us a favor and read those to us, would you?"
-------The host rolled his eyes and did just that with a grimace as he concluded. "'Dragonslayer', it appears."
-------Edmundo the Kingdra looked thoroughly offended and glared at Marshmallow.
-------Mr. Daisuki, alternatively, was greatly amused. "Oh, that's rich!"
-------Anne-Marie added on, "Though there's a lot to it, it certainly holds some interesting ideas. The combination of tough and cute I suggest should be explored more in the future."
-------It was Carlos' turn, then, and he did not hold back, as expected. "I'm feet away from the stage and I swear that glitter is still itching my nose. You dressed your partner like you might have dressed your Clebarbie dolls as a toddler too, it seems. And I've seen plenty other Normal-types with more impressive muscularity in my days, including a power-driving Blissey. Not impressed."
-------"Well, she does seem to be drawing more from Marshmallow's Fairy-typing than anything."
-------He frowned. "And? Wigglytuff has two types! Can't just ignore one of them!"
-------"Two points from me!" Primo blurted.
-------"I'll give three!" hollered Keira.

Primo and Keira were thrilled!
Coco was won five bonus points!

-------"Can we please address some actual talent tonight?" spoke Carlos Rustigi in a pained groan. "I'm starting to feel the semblance of a migraine."
-------Jasper caught on to the implication, grinning genuinely at the next in line. "Gina, Gina, Gina! Or Jay, whichever. You didn't just give us a fantastic first look at your Emolga—Leo's in tip-top shape by the way, I'll applaud you for that—but you gave us a sample of what you're all about too! I saw that timing; it was near perfect! And Leo's sense of control with that glitter, the brevity, the matching outfits… That's almost too good of a first impression! I'm almost jealous, jeez." If there was any authenticity behind that last statement, it was swiftly obscured by a mischievous gleam in the coolness' judges eyes as he picked up his praise once more.
-------"This better be a sign of what's to come with you, Jay. I've think you've got a real understanding of what the cool category's all about."
-------Carlos nodded. "Well, that was unexpectedly astute of you, Gasparre. But, yes: I too am greatly impressed with the actual effort put into that little snippet, Gina. I can say I'm certainly looking forward to how Leo performs during his appeal tonight. Alas, I do not give points during the first primary round, so you'll have to take my word for it. It's against my personal policy. A good first impression should be a necessity, anyway." He said his concluding statement with knowing.
-------Jasper scoffed and reclined back into his chair, casually folding his arms beneath his head. "Well, if you can't, I can give Jay four points. If anyone else wants to add an extra one, speak now, or forever hold your peace."
-------"I'll do it," Anne-Marie quickly offered. "I do truly appreciate all the effort presented. The costumes… I'm not large on costumes, I will fully admit… but I can certainly admire all the little details in Leo's custom crown and cape. It's quite nice."
-------"And I would've given it if she didn't," Dequan chimed in lastly. "Not much to add but Leo's great! Can't wait to see what you've got in store, Jay!"

Jasper, Anne-Marie and company were very impressed!
Jay won five bonus points!

-------"Oh, but look who's up next," Dequan followed with when the general attention shifted to the next in succession. "Soren, buddy! Crygonal's not your ace, huh?
-------"But, wow! So much going right with Miss Fifi, it looks like! Wouldn't be surprised if that cut was hair-by-hair flawless; it honestly looks like it! And her fur itself is… well, I'm no expert on fur quality or anything—I part-timed as a Poke-groomer for a bit but that's all—but it's like... radiant! Of course it's partly her shiny genetics at work but I can tell you really brought out the sheen with Fifi, through care and not through glitzy accessories, so the look isn't cluttered with unnecessary sparkle. I can definitely appreciate that.
-------"This is a look I can give points too! Who wants to join me?" the cleverness judge concluded brightly.
-------I will!" piped in Keira. "Fifi shows so much control onstage, it's really remarkable! And gosh is she pretty. Her black fur looks so-o soft! So-o shiny!"
-------Carlos cleared his throat. "I hope you're not implying you'd give points for something uncontrollable like shininess, Keira."
-------"Now, Carlos. Shininess is a very desirable trait in contest Pokemon and can be accentuated quite effectively." Anne-Marie was swift in standing by the cuteness judge, her tone having a subtle sharpness, likely out of exasperation for her other peer. "A perfect example of that is currently onstage." She gave Soren a warm smile.
-------"You've done fine work, young man. Though—", and she stated this with a sly look, "—might I suggest Fifi look into the beauty category? With looks like those, she wouldn't stand out."
-------"Oh, but Anne-Marie!" Keira, though appreciative, was quick to jokingly contend. "Don't you see her expression? She's definitely a cute Pokemon, trust me! I just get that feeling, you know? Besides, she's tough too."
-------"Tough?" said Carlos, raising an eyebrow. "Huh. Alright. I suppose we'll see about that, then."
-------"Hey, Furfrou are no joke," asserted Jasper. "They're no Rattata, that's for sure. But, uh, Soren, you look like you know what you're doing. Love your dog!" he playfully sneered. "I'll throw in one," he then finalized to the other judges.
-------"Me too!" called Keira.
-------"Me three," followed Dequan.
-------"And I will as well," stated Anne-Marie.
-------"Should I?" Primo meekly inquired.

Dequan, Keira and company were very impressed!
Soren won four bonus points!

-------The final three contestants were addressed, though quite minutely, with criticism being forgettable; minimum to none. There was little to give, anyways.

「 All players have been relocated backstage to the shared dressing and preparation room. 」

-------The time read 8:15 by then and, while the audience had sat patiently throughout the final moments of the primary round, they sensed the main event upcoming and were quickly filling the auditorium with their verve and vehemence. The place was once more lit like a brilliant candle as the coordinators were hustled behind-stage.
-------Juan prompt with his directives on this occasion. "You all have five minutes before the first of you is called out to perform. The order is up on the wall somewhere… ah! Right underneath the screen, see? And you'll be able to watch whoever up there as well. Learn from one another! And please do have something in mind. I assume you all do and have prepared by now, as well as understand all the regulations regarding individual appeals, but I will express this all the same."
-------The host turned to rush away but stopped mid-spin before he could depart. "Corrine, dear. You're first. To you I give my best wishes, the best of luck! Begin this iteration on a glorious note!" He smiled at the young woman and in it was a knowing warmth, as if he were assured she would do just that. The hospitable look was broken as he continued on his path out of dressing area, leaving the coordinators amongst themselves for those few moments of tranquility.

Last edited:
Years
Corrine "CoCo" Corduroy

Coco had stood quietly through the judging session, a little sore that a clown like Carcol had upstaged her in the audience's eyes. The judges' approval had helped somewhat, but it mainly deflected her anger onto judge Carlos and judge Jasper (for their comments), and to a lesser extent special guest judge Primo (for bringing up her father).

She was fuming as she went backstage, pacing a small circle around Marshmallow, who was playing with her cape. "A Clebarbie doll?! Like I ever had time for girly things like that! If he wants toughness, maybe we'll just show him how strong you can be!" She looked at Marshmallow, who had somehow gotten her cape draped over her head like a hood.

Coco couldn't help but smile, forcing her anger back down. "No, you're right. We stick to the plan, and play to your strengths. Although, maybe we'll tweak the routine just a bit, get some extra points from Primo, hmm?"

As she fixed Marshmallow's cape, Juan came in and started talking. Coco knew she should listen, but he just kept droning on. The only part she really caught was that they had five minutes to prepare, but when he turned to look at her she forced herself to pay attention.

"Corrine, dear. You're first. To you I give my best wishes, the best of luck! Begin this iteration on a glorious note!" He smiled at her before he left, an odd contrast to the glare his Kingdra had given Marshmallow onstage. Coco shrugged it off. She didn't have time to worry about the pompous announcer and his eccentricities.

Instead, she focused on her routine, and the last-minute changes she would be making to it. She and Marshmallow retreated to the back, away from the other contestants, so they could plan it out. She sent out Yokozuna as a precaution, to prevent anyone from interrupting her.

When the time came, she moved to the front, waiting for the curtains to rise. She could feel the eyes of the others on her, and fixed a cocky grin in place before turning to face them. "I'm sorry they want me to go first, everyone. Usually they save the best for last, after all. I guess they felt you just needed an example of how to perform! So watch in awe!" She turned away as the crowd started cheering, and stepped out onstage to begin her performance.

Marshmallow happily bounced out, waving to her fans both in the audience and at the judges' table. Coco was more subdued, merely smiling and bowing to them all. "Welcome to the show! Thank you all for coming!" Marshmallow hopped over, tugging at Coco's hand. "Marshmallow wanted to start things off by singing a little song for you. But don't worry about it putting you to asleep! Let the other acts do that!" She laughed at her joke, handing the microphone to Marshmallow.

The little Wigglytuff happily stepped forward, singing a bouncy song and tapping her foot in time. She didn't get very far before suddenly letting out a yawn and sitting down, snoring softly. This was all part of the act, and Coco played her part, stepping forward in mock concern. "I guess she just needed some Rest, folks! Let me just wake her up!" Coco lightly shook Marshmallow, who fell to the side and curled into a ball, rolling across the stage.

Coco facepalmed, mainly to hide her grin. "Now she's sleep walking! Or sleep... rolling?" Marshmallow rolled to the very edge before pivoting in place and rolling straight toward Coco, who yelped in fear and jumped over the pink fluff ball, discreetly dropping a pair of small fireworks as she landed in a crouch. Marshmallow reached the curtain, inflating herself slightly to roll up the fabric, jumping off and landing in front of Coco. "Big finish!" Coco whispered, as Marshmallow uncurled and quickly palmed the small fireworks.

Marshmallow spun to face the crowd, her hands raised in triumph, which promptly burst into flames with her Fire Punch. The tiny sparklers in her hand ignited, causing heatless motes of light to fall from her flaming fists. Coco stood up, smiling, and Marshmallow waved her hands in front of her to make a fiery heart appear.

Coco waved to the crowd, raising her voice to be heard above the sounds of the audience. "Thank you all, and enjoy the rest of the show!" Marshmallow's flames went out as she bowed, and the pair awaited the judges' response.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
? IISF ~ ROUND 1 ?

Primary ? Appeal ? Mystery

wigglytuff.png
gengar.png
chatot.png
goodra.png
emolga.png

? Out-Of-Character / Day 1
___​
Reviewing Coordinator Corrine's first appeal!
-------Worldwide, commercials faded into overhead shots of the renowned Hearthome contest coliseum and a narrator?s hearty call: ?We will now return to Hearthome City for the 17th annual International Idol Star Festival!?
-------To their televisions, people region-wide fervently flocked, eyes wide and glued onto the screen as the cameras gave a grand, sweeping view of the stadium?s seats. The inundation of smiling, shrieking people leapt from their seats, hands clapping to the beat of a peppy pop single before it too declined.
-------?You have all been kept waiting for far too long.? Juan?s voice reverberated throughout the silenced room. ?But for your patience, you will be rewarded with undeniably some of the greatest talent that has ever graced the modern coordinating world! I implore, devote your full attention to the opening act of both this evening and another stunning year: the Coordinator with the Coordinating Name, Corrine Corduroy!?
-------Almighty applause consumed the hall and continued vigorously as Juan swept gracefully to the far reaches of the stage and even still as Coco and her bedazzled Wigglytuff appeared onstage.
-------The appeal went over impeccably with the audience as their acclamation nearly swallowed Corrine?s parting message. However, it was the judges? approval that mattered in the end. The host waited for the crowd to settle before addressing them.
-------?What does our first panel member think of Corrine?s first showing??
-------?Oh, it was hysterical!? Primo exclaimed, bent over his little folding table set up next to the sprawling panel table. He was clearly wiping joyous tears from his eyes. ?Comedy gold! You, Corrine, have what it takes to be a??
-------?Shut up, Primo,? Jasper hissed. His tone was hushed as he lashed around to quietly address the secret judge but, to his very core, he appeared vehemently venomous. ?You don?t give points.?
-------Primo Daisuki immediately closed his mouth.
-------?Er, Jasper. First member of the panel. Your perspective??
-------The coolness judge pulled a prompt face change, sitting up straight in his chair and coolly sweeping a section of bronze bangs behind one ear as his face split into a rascally smile.
-------?Eh, it was alright, I suppose. Pretty underwhelming for an opening act. You weren?t that spot on about not putting me to sleep. I think I was dozing off a little around the part with all that rolling. I guess the ending was a nice touch though. But, for the record, I totally saw Marshmallow turn and pick those fireworks off the floor.?
-------Jasper then fell back nonchalantly in his chair, a smug still imprinted on his face as he concluded his review. ?Oh, and your acting was pretty decent. Better than I expected, honestly. But that part with the fireworks kinda soured everything. I?ll give you a five.?
-------There was scattered clapping amongst the audience members but, although no one outright booed, the overall feeling was rather disgruntled. Keira seemed equally disparaged by the somewhat-dismissive evaluation. As such, she was quick to blossom with healing words.
-------?That was really, really good, Coco! Your Wigglytuff and you are really fantastic actors! Marshmallow is a real cutie too and I loved seeing her perform in her costume! Everything flowed into one another really well and that ending had just the right amount of sparkle! I?m give it an eight!?
-------Miss Anne-Marie was next to state her thoughts after a snippet of rousing applause though she did so very cooly. ?It was refreshingly simple for an appeal so heavily inspired by the cute category. Marshmallow played her part well but I will agree there was far too much rolling and far too little movement of any other sort to showcase the muscularity made present in the primary round. I will also say your placement could use some adjusting. Marshmallow moving down to the stage?s end and then up again towards the curtains at such a sharp angle seemed rather awkward, obviously formulated. And I agree that the ending part where Marshmallow visibly grabbed the sparklers was greatly distracting.? She took a stern stature now while addressing the coordinator. ?In the future, you must learn to be less conspicuous regarding hidden props and tools, else it will see you dragging behind the rest of the competition. I will also give you a five.?
-------The string of negative critique left a chilled air of silence hovering over the crowd. Dequan was up next and quick to cut through it all.
------- ?With performances like these, I think the little details are what really counts. Moments like Marshmallow inflating by just the right amount to keep up momentum were pretty smart and an impressive show of how much control your Pokemon?s really got.? He gave a sunny smile but that ebbed away into a grimace soon enough. ?However? yeeaah. That moment at the end was real cringe-worthy, Coco. You gotta clean that up right away. I gotta agree with Anne-Marie about the positioning too. Performances like that have to seem natural, otherwise it just kinda takes away from everything, and that transition from one corner to the next just came across as pretty jagged to me. But, hey, your overall flow: impeccable.? His radiant grin reappeared.
------- ?I think it was a decent start. Marshmallow kept me entertained the whole way through and you seem to know what you?re doing yourself. I know it?s mean but that sleeping comment made me chuckle a little. Anyway, all you need is a little polish, girlfriend! You?re bound to go far. I?ll give this performance a seven.?
-------Applause threatened to fill the room but the first rumbling words of the remaining judge snuffed out any chance of that, converting the coordination hall into an icy silence. ?And you?re quite done, Dequan?? was Carlos? tease.
-------The cleverness judge responded only with laughter, not registering it to be playful and decided it best to not engage.
-------?I?ll keep things brief with you, Coco,? Carlos then began. ?Your appeal left no impression. It was the wrong kind of performance to start a year off with. You begin things with a bang, not something so incredibly safe and formulaic. I read off every one of Marshmallow?s transitions seconds before they occurred onstage. ?She?s going to sing isn?t she?? Yep. ?Next the Rest into Rollout?? Yep. ?And then she?ll pull something sparkly out of her bum to make sure the judges haven?t fallen asleep yet??? Precisely as I thought. Mind you, the overall appeal wasn?t bad?mind you an appeal built upon so many established cliches for the most part couldn?t be that awful?but it was the sort of performance you gave in the middle of the competition to defend your reign and secure points. Not to begin an entire new iteration with.
-------?So, in short, I?m disappointed, especially since you seemed to be quite adept in terms of razzle-dazzle with that overdressed plush of yours. I?ll give you a two and I expect better of you in the future.?
-------Discomfort was steadily rising all throughout Carlos? dreaded critique but this quiet upset hit its peak with the unneeded comment likening the adorable Marshmallow to a soulless doll. Rage hit the roof and boos were flung at the toughness judge from all direction. However, he was, after seventeen years of the very same response to his critical nature, he was hardened to it all and simply sat back in his seat until it all subsided.
-------?Pretty harsh,? Dequan quietly communicated to him as Juan called for a final round of applause in Corrine?s honor.
-------Over the ovation, Carlos snarled back, ?Pretty necessary. Those seven whole points you unnecessarily gave her would?ve gone to her head. She can?t win this competition by playing it safely. Even Keira?s going to get bored of it by the second phase.?
-------Dequan considered a reply but Juan was already beginning to introduce the next in-line so, uneasily, he turned away.
-------?Succeeding Miss Corduroy is the lovely Lady Gina ?Jay? Clemont! Please welcome what she may have in store.?

Corrine & Marshmallow gained a total of twenty-seven points!
Not the greatest opening but things could've gone far worse.

Years
Corrine "CoCo" Corduroy

Coco was rather pleased with herself, and Primo's reaction was exactly what she was hoping for. But then Jasper spoke up and made her realize her mistake, catering to the special guest. She really disliked that boy, especially when he so casually exposed her sparkler stunt. She merely nodded at his words. Keira was much more positive, as expected, and earned a legitimate smile from Coco.

She listened to Anne-Marie's critique, and admitted to herself that the woman had a point, starting to get a little nervous. Dequan's appraisal got her hopes up, but her smile vanished when he called her "girlfriend" and implied she needed "polish". Then of course, the judge she was dreading, Carlos.

Simply put, his words hurt. Safe? Formulaic? Clich?!? And then to have the audacity to again compare Marshmallow to a children's toy! When he was finished, Coco merely bowed to them, her face neutral as she thanked them. But when her back was to them, a scowl of pure fury etched itself onto her face. Once out of the audience's sight, she furiously stalked over to the TV, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists in rage.

"This isn't over..." She muttered, not even caring what the others were thinking. She merely crossed her arms over her chest, silently fuming as she watched the next appeal.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
EOU6Tdv.jpg
Eric Pique
441.gif
294.gif
Day 1 - Pre-Appeal

A head-bowing Chatot and a slightly confused Loudred sat quietly on the two chairs in the dressing room, watching a disgraced, infuriated Eric pace around the room angrily.

"That was complete and utter bull out there!" he hissed, stomping the ground angrily. "We practiced this a thousand times, Allegro, why are you getting intimidated at all? This isn't battling, for crying out loud, how many times am I going to repeat that?" he yelled at the Chatot, who stayed silent and staring at the ground. "And now, because you froze up, we're going to have to-"

Eric stopped himself as he realized this was not a good time at all to let down his partner's spirit even further. He sighed in frustration. "It ain't entirely your fault though. They had to place us next to that dishrag of a ghost, out of all people..." he muttered.

"G-got 'em...?" the Chatot croaked weakly, raising its head slightly.

"...yeah, sure." Eric took a deep breath. "Now, if we want to pick ourselves back up we need a plan - and I've got one." He motioned for Allegro to hop off the chair as he took it for himself. The bird fluttered over the dresser in front of him, listening intently.

"This round's guest judge is some dude named Primo. You remember how Anna said she worked with him, once?" he asked.

"No, nope. Nu-uh." Allegro repeated, shaking his head. Eric wasn't surprised - if people had a hard time remembering the plethora of siblings in the Pique family, then it was understandable the Chatot would as well. Or he just didn't care enough - understandable too.

"Doesn't matter anyway. My point is, Primo used to do music. The stuff's trash, the guy basically took a dump on the genre, but it was still sort of popular. And I happen to have one his songs right here." Eric said, reaching into his bag on the dresser and pulling out a music player. "You remember our beat routine? We've practiced it hundreds of times." he asked.

"Yes, Yaas!" Allegro tweeted eagerly, the flying-type piping up at the mention of a familiar routine.

"Basically, we do the exact same - but with this track. All you have to do is follow my signals. This is going to be risky - but if we pull it off, this could give us the push to get back into the competition. We didn't make it all the way to the IIS to mess it up now, capiche?"

The two Pokemon nodded eagerly in response, with Boombox the Loudred still confused at to what Eric wastalking about but nevertheless enthusiastically jumping around in excitement.

"Right, now listen to this one well. We've only got a few minutes, so just get familiar with the tune and I'll do the rest."

Back