• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you do it?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Why do you write? Do you have a dream of becoming published some day, or is it just something fun to do at the end of the day? When you write, are you doing it for yourself so that you can see what you can create and/or to get the idea out of your head, or are you doing it for someone else such as a special someone or just the general reader?

Misfit Angel

Also known as Misfit Angel
Years
I write so that I can escape from my problems. Even though I put my characters through terrible trials time after time, it's kinda like wish fulfillment in a way. I don't wish to be in the terrible situations, but the lull periods in between where the action slows down and the characters get to just chill out and do dorky stuff.

I also write to brush up on my skills so that one day I can finish something that's worth publishing. I don't know if that'll ever happen, but it's a career path I've been looking at far longer than I probably should have.

Years
I write for the people, and hearing someone honestly say 'I've enjoyed this story' is where my fulfillment comes from.

Bay

Years
I mostly write to get the ideas out of my head and see where it takes me. I don't think I plan to have this as my career as I'm already nervous enough what people think of my fanfics lol, so it's mostly for fun.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I dream of one day becoming a published author and having writing be my livelihood. It's a long way off still, probably won't happen until my late twenties or early thirties if I'm lucky. I'm nowhere near giving up on the dream yet despite the various setbacks.

My mind is always racked with ideas of worlds, powers or characters and when on occasion I tell bits and pieces of them to people, they tend to at least seem enthusiastic about seeing them play out. It's exciting to know that someone else is as excited about something you want to write as you are, and sometimes even better to see how they feel about it when all is said and done.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I write because it helps me express myself. I have a harder time expressing myself both verbally and emotionally... so having the ability to write my thoughts really helps. People are usually surprised by my written expressive abilities because apparently, I'm very skilled in that area. It even makes them wonder how I could be autistic (which kind of pisses me off but whatever). I also write because I want to show the world what having special needs is really like. In other words, that it's not like having cancer or something... I swear, that's what people think these days. :|

Back