• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I have a suggestion, instead of adding new evolution methods, replace the ones nobody uses:Trade, Trade with item, beauty, etc

Much safer and works like a charm.

Last edited:
Years
I'm experiencing some serious game-breaking glitches with the 807 patch (combined with Prime-Dialga's DNS) .

On random moments (e.g. after a wild battle) I suddenly gain (limited) control over an NPC close to my character.

When this occurs, the color pallet of the overworld sprites are all garbled up and resetting the ROM is the only option.

Only changes I made to the ROM are the base stats and movesets of the first 150 Pokémon and some script-editing.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I'm experiencing some serious game-breaking glitches with the 807 patch (combined with Prime-Dialga's DNS) .

On random moments (e.g. after a wild battle) I suddenly gain (limited) control over an NPC close to my character.

When this occurs, the color pallet of the overworld sprites are all garbled up and resetting the ROM is the only option.

Only changes I made to the ROM are the base stats and movesets of the first 150 Pokémon and some script-editing.

That has nothing to do with this base. You set the movement type of some overworld sprites to the second ''look down'' entry in the list in AdvanceMap. That movement type is not actually ''look down'', but something that messes up the overworld sprites after returning to the overworld when an NPC with that behavior is nearby the hero.

Make sure to use the first ''look down'' in the list or ''no movement'' to make them work correctly.

Years
That has nothing to do with this base. You set the movement type of some overworld sprites to the second ''look down'' entry in the list in AdvanceMap. That movement type is not actually ''look down'', but something that messes up the overworld sprites after returning to the overworld when an NPC with that behavior is nearby the hero.

Make sure to use the first ''look down'' in the list or ''no movement'' to make them work correctly.

Wow, never knew this was a thing in Advance Map. Thanks, man!

Years
Does this rombase have fairy type and special/physical split? or did anyone add those to this rombase? :X

Years
So, I just checked and downloaded this. Are all Pokémon added to the game (only not available in the wilderness) or I have to add them manually using the sprites that came along?
Also, which one is the ROM? I' confused, there are a few folders and I never used patches back when I used to hack... and I really just want to find a "ready-to-play" ROM with all Pokémon for my little cousin. Is this it, or really just a Rombase?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2019
Am I tripping or does this base mess up the palettes of most of the OWs? For example, the girls in Viridian Gym.

Years
Firstly, thank you Leon for the countless resources. I have a bug to report, and I apologize if this has been discussed already, however this bug has me stuck. Apparently, the UP and RIGHT arrow keys don't work. As soon as I spawn, I can only move LEFT and DOWN, so I can't even exit the room you spawn in. Is this a simple fix, or maybe something to do with the free space I used when repointing my trainers (didn't use 0xA00000 as reference point)? This is especially frustrating because I've already spent hours editing stats and trainers' teams before I ever tested the rom. If there is a quick fix, I'd be ecstatic.
Thank you Leon!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
Have anybody done a hard mode hack using this rom base yet?
The hack i created using Leons rombase (Pokemon retrieved Firered) Has a very tough E4. Gyms 5-8 are also more difficult compared to Vanilla Firered.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Hi! Is there an easy way to add or edit types? I checked ShyRayq's tutorial but when I open the file on NSE the image of the types is empty. I also saw on PGE either editing pokemon or moves that there are "filler types", is there a way to edit these?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 9, 2019
After applying the patch to a fresh FR install, the game started normally. However, I was only able to move the character to the right and downwards; I have no idea what this bug might be caused by, as a regular ROM of the game works fine. What could be causing this, some sort of error in the patching?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 6, 2022
So i've been using this as a base for a custom game for a while. And, in testing, i've encountered shinies. But i've noticed that there is no star marking on their status card, and no sparkles occur when they are in battle. Is this an issue with the base or something i somehow managed to mess up myself?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
I'm running into some issues when using the Universal Randomizer on a firered rom with this applied on it. Does anyone know a way to avoid getting "-" as a move when randomizing pokemon movesets or tms/hms? Also, is there a way to include the newer generation abilities when randomizing the abilities for the 386 version of the base? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for such a great resource!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 27, 2020
Hi I am trying to expand the # of pokemon in the rom, and I keep getting an unhandled exception that says "no access to memory location." The roms.ini is in the correct spot, as is the ini of the rom I am trying to hack. I expanded the rom size using PGE, took note of the 0xA00000 repointer in the PGE ini and am trying to add like 45-50 pokemon. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a fix?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Dunno if its related to the above user but you can't actually add new mons. I did the gen 7 patch, the one that has megas and all gen 7 mons and the rom base has empty spaces for gen 8 mons. Well I was going to add some in just as a test... but the game implodes if you click on it :\. Like on PGE if you click on the empty spaces you made for adding in mons the game just rejects it and crashes. Making the empty spaces for adding in pokemon pointless.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 13, 2020
Hey! figured out how to get everything up and running, and it is a beautiful project. I couldn't find any notes on sylveon, leafeon and glaceon, how do their evolutions work?

Last edited:
Back