• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon Exile [1.0 Beta Demo (Remastered, 8 hrs)]

Which fossil starter do you think will have the coolest Primal Reversion?

• Aurorus

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • Tyrantrum

Votes: 104 70.3%

• Total voters

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
As mentioned above, I just finished a major overhaul of the intro sequence, which I thought was pretty bland to begin with. Here's the video, though the quality isn't that great since I'm away from home and had to screencast from my laptop. Tell me what you all think of that legendary shadow, any speculation on it? I dropped some hints about this new legendary Pokémon in the 0.6A demo; see if you can find them!
Spoiler:

Credits are in the main thread and in the video description.
-PokeVec40

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Ok, people, I know it's been a long time since the last update, but that's because I've been hard at work **studying** for final exams, but I've also been making steady progress toward the next update. The next update should effectively double the game's play time, and introduce several mechanics. Here are a few of the new mechanics already implemented:

-Trade Swapping: Allows character to trade back Pokémon with NPC's in order to evolve them (pretty much what you have your friends with you to evolve Pokémon.

- Secret Hollows:
A combination of secret bases and Hidden Grottoes. The player must defeat the Pokémon that resides in the hollow, and then it can be turned into a Secret Base. That Pokémon usually has perfect IV's, HA's or even shininess, depending on how difficult the location is to reach.

- Added the first Wilderness Area, Arborra Basin (Jungle):
The player is free to explore this vast jungle expanse, packed with rare Pokémon. And best of all, there are no Trainers!

- Ranger Missions:
These missions are typically more in depth, than your typical fangame Ranger Mission. These missions take you to hidden areas of the map, can point you in the way of buried treasure, new areas, and even Legendary Pokémon! After completing a Ranger Mission, the player also can unlock more decorations to purchase and put in their Secret Base.

- Obtainable Primal Stones, allowing for Primal Reversion of starter Pokémon:
As you go on a secret mission to prove Professor Acacia's theory that all ancient Pokémon are capable of Primal Reversion, you have your first encounter with a Primal Pokémon!

-Audio Revamp and Original Soundtrack:
A brilliant artist, Arkayide, has volunteered his dev and music skills to create some original compositions to give the game a more genuine feel. More will be coming on the new soundtrack releases in the future!

I also put some screenshots below that should also be added to the main thread. Feel free to take a look and get pumped for the next update, which is scheduled to come out as the "Secret Base" update, with five playable Gyms, around June 6th or so. (Don't quote me on that).
Spoiler:

Until the next update, moving forward!
-PokeVec40

Last edited:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
So, I'm going to literally be off the grid the next week or so, so here's a dose of hype ahead of time- that's right, there will hopefully be following Pokémon in the next update!
Unfortunately, it might mean the next update will be delayed more than I hoped, but trust me, it will be worth the wait.
ewCtGdy.png

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Ok, It's been awhile and I know the update has been delayed further...
So, I've uploaded three of the tunes from the Pokémon Exile Original Soundtrack to the game's YouTube channel. I also have them below for you to listen to- Enjoy!

[Insertnamehere] (AKA Arkayide), the creator of this soundtrack has been helping to develop Pokémon Exile for the next release. He deserves full credit for all themes in the soundtrack:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Ok, the 0.8Alpha Demo is going live soon!

But here's a little teaser of one of the post-demo quests you get to do:
YnvU1U7.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
I think I found a bug. After I defeated the Beheeyem i got teleported to the ranger hq with my rival. I then went back to ixian fields to see if the story would progress now but I couldn't leave the fields again. My rival said we can't leave because we have unfinished business but i defeated the Beheeyem and even the dugtrio (I also can't see the farmer for some reasons).

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
I think I found a bug. After I defeated the Beheeyem i got teleported to the ranger hq with my rival. I then went back to ixian fields to see if the story would progress now but I couldn't leave the fields again. My rival said we can't leave because we have unfinished business but i defeated the Beheeyem and even the dugtrio (I also can't see the farmer for some reasons).

Oh, let me look into that... That bug is definitely gonna cause some issues. I think one of the Ranger missions might have activated while the story progressed. You aren't supposed to be able to do them until you go to Argentine City. Sorry about that- I'll look at the game and get a patch out ASAP.

If you email your save file to me (see readme.txt), I can patch your save file through. Thanks- I'll change the game to account for this...
**Edit**
Sorry, did you make it to Argentine City before the bug occurred?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
Oh, let me look into that... That bug is definitely gonna cause some issues. I think one of the Ranger missions might have activated while the story progressed. You aren't supposed to be able to do them until you go to Argentine City. Sorry about that- I'll look at the game and get a patch out ASAP.

If you email your save file to me (see readme.txt), I can patch your save file through. Thanks- I'll change the game to account for this...
**Edit**
Sorry, did you make it to Argentine City before the bug occurred?

I will email you my file tomorrow morning (9pm here in germany). No, I just stepped into Ixian city, didn't follow my rival, heard the farmer who wanted help with his miltank, went to see my rival and then with him into Ixian fields, fixed some holes with digletts, encountered the miltank, caught it and got teleported to Argentine city, came back, fought the dugtrio and the beheeyem (with my team around level 20) and got teleported again, came back and can't get out of Ixian fields.

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
I will email you my file tomorrow morning (9pm here in germany). No, I just stepped into Ixian city, didn't follow my rival, heard the farmer who wanted help with his miltank, went to see my rival and then with him into Ixian fields, fixed some holes with digletts, encountered the miltank, caught it and got teleported to Argentine city, came back, fought the dugtrio and the beheeyem (with my team around level 20) and got teleported again, came back and can't get out of Ixian fields.
Oh, thanks, I got the bugs fixed. By the way, I might not be able to email tomorrow, but I will do the best I can. (I leave for a week around 7:00 US Mtn. time). Thanks for spotting the bug- I am currently uploading a new release.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
i love your game bro but i can't download it from mega pls can you make it for another way?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
I think I found another bug:
Whenever I climb down the ladder to the excavation site my screen goes dark and I can't do anything. However, when I climb down the ladder with a pokemon following me I can see the excavation site but can neither move nor open the menu.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2021
I think I found another bug:
Whenever I climb down the ladder to the excavation site my screen goes dark and I can't do anything. However, when I climb down the ladder with a pokemon following me I can see the excavation site but can neither move nor open the menu.

exactly the same situation, the music is playing but the game is frozen
And for future notice, sometimes it randomly happens after entering a menu or exiting a bulding, your following pokemon disappears. That causes the game to crash after 20 or so steps. It seems to be a crash related to the non following pokemon. Game is phenomenal, can't wait for the fix to continue playing

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 5, 2017
so the game ends up freezing right after i get the crumpled note from the department store???

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
exactly the same situation, the music is playing but the game is frozen
And for future notice, sometimes it randomly happens after entering a menu or exiting a bulding, your following pokemon disappears. That causes the game to crash after 20 or so steps. It seems to be a crash related to the non following pokemon. Game is phenomenal, can't wait for the fix to continue playing
You can continue the game by get back to the Inxian Town, go to the farm field and you will get a free trip to Argentine City, thanks to the Ranger Mission ( You can get a free lv 33-34 Miltank if you refuse to go back to the Ranger HQ and go forward)

Back