• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
IM SO LAZY WHEN IT COMES TO LISTENING TO NEW MUSIC
APPARENTLY BEYONCE HAS A NEW SONG TOO...IT WILL BE LIKE TWO WEEKS UNTIL I LISTEN TO IT PROBABLY

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I usually am, too, but this just reached out and grabbed me and I had to listen to every song because almost all of them are really good, and that's rare in an album, especially of Timberlake's.

Years
I'm sad that David Bowie got knocked out of #1 US album last week by Bon Jovi. So close! And I mean, c'mon. Bon Jovi? Even the fans of them said it wasn't their best album, whereas Bowie's is seen as the best of his later albums and some even say it's among the best he's ever had. I had such high hopes for you, America. You let me down.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If the top anything was based on the actual quality of the music, there are a lot of albums and songs that are rated highly that wouldn't have even made it off the ground.

Years
I know it's based on sales and that's why I was disappointed. Like, we came so close. It was like a shining beacon of hope. But now I'm happier because I read that Sigur Rós is coming out with a new album this summer.

Sir Codin

In other news, My Chemical Romance just broke up.

This is the most pleasing news about that band I have ever heard.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
For a minute, I thought you were gonna be upset about that and I was about to just close the thread and walk away forever. I know someone's probably gonna read this and wanna murder me but... damn; I thought they were awful after their first album which, in itself, was mediocre at best.

As for the whole album thing - sales is honestly the only objective measure of an album's "position", imo. The quality of the music is too subjective to be used on charts.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yeah, popularity and quality should never be thought of as the same thing. It's a shame that many people unfortunately do think that, though. Including a large proportion of my friends, which disappoints me to no end.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Thing is, it's sad when something bad - and I speak in a sense that there is a such thing as knowing what bad music is without necessarily being subjective - is popular because it's a grim reflection on how people appreciate music nowadays. :x

Years
I think the worst part of bad music being popular is that people overlook good music. Like, not just you and me, but producers and people who could help a struggling artist get some publicity or whatnot.

Guess it's a lot easier with the interweb machine, but still. The internet is a big place and easy to get lost in.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Guess it's a lot easier with the interweb machine, but still. The internet is a big place and easy to get lost in.
That it is, and with all the people trying to get discovered, there's bound to be many shattered dreams in the wake of those lucky enough to be stumbled upon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Since the Beach Boys album "Pet Sounds" was considered the best album ever, has it ever won any awards?

Years
Because some things are recognized in their own time and awards are usually given in the moment when things are still new and fresh in people's minds.

You wouldn't want to wait, say, ten years to give out the Oscars. In that time you might have too much hindsight and not think anything that year was very good. Or, more importantly, it wouldn't matter so long after the fact.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I think it'd be really interesting to have an award show that did that. I don't necessarily think that awards bodies would be so cynical as to think that nothing in a particular year was any good. If anything, the added hind sight can allow properties (whether it be film/music/whatever) that didn't have a lot of impact in their given year but found a second life later on to get their dues. Which can only be a good thing!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think it'd be really interesting to have an award show that did that. I don't necessarily think that awards bodies would be so cynical as to think that nothing in a particular year was any good. If anything, the added hind sight can allow properties (whether it be film/music/whatever) that didn't have a lot of impact in their given year but found a second life later on to get their dues. Which can only be a good thing!
Thing is, I feel like the only demographic that an awards show like that would pull is one that was around in whatever time period is being spotlighted in that particular show. Thus wouldn't really lead to any sort of impact in our current media, considering the shows wouldn't be viewed by anyone of our generation. :( Of course, that's a generalization and I'm sure there would be a stray few young'ns that's interests have been piqued which could lead to the spreading of older music via social media or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back