• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
To be honest, I really love 2nd generation games. That's the main reason I'm still checking out Skeetendo every once in a while. Also, the storyline reminds me A LOT of my favourite handheld console game series, especially this line here:

"You embark on an epic adventure in search for things called Elemental Orbs. Not much is known about these orbs but one thing is for certain, they were the reason for The Crisis one thousand years ago."
(Bonus points if you can guess what this game is!)

This is definitely something I'm going to play. Knowing that there are still people loving the first two generations and their respective games fills my heart with joy.

Great job!

@DOWN:
Indeed, nice guess! The storyline was something that made me spend many days playing this game endlessly. The Djinn system was also really interesting, and the psynergy effects were just brilliant for a GBA game. The newest one for the DS platform is a different story, though.

Golden Sun? It's gotta be. It's all it makes me think off.

And, I've voted for this in the HotQ thing, because 1. I love 2nd gen games n hacks, and 2 it just looks so god darn epic!

Good Luck Miksy!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey I tried changing the rom and re downloading the patch. what emulator do you recommend
I use VisualBoyAdvance. It's the go-to emulator IMHO.

Make sure to check the save type is set as 128K Flash before you start the game however. This needs to be set, the emulator closed and restarted, THEN the game loaded. It would be handy, in the Emulator menu, to ensure the Real Time Clock is activated as well.

Cyclone

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hey I am having trouble with the game crashing after you put your name in. I am using visual boy advance. an error message pops up saying unknown opcode fc at 8019. how can i fix this. I am relativity new to using rom hacks
Yeah, that's definitely an error caused by using a different rom file from Silver 1.0 (U) rom. Related to executing code in wrong part of rom but whatever.

And, I've voted for this in the HotQ thing, because 1. I love 2nd gen games n hacks, and 2 it just looks so god darn epic!

Good Luck Miksy!
Thank you :)

Again, I've to say that you should try it out to see just how epic the hack is ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I just had to create an account and vote for this. The hack is amazing and I can't wait for the next update!

miksy91

Years
I just had to create an account and vote for this. The hack is amazing and I can't wait for the next update!
Nice! You don't not see people doing this everyday.

I vote it.
and hope full game will release soon
Thanks for the support. And yet, full release is still far, far away.

I find this hack better then Pokemon Brown and Prism.
Wow, thanks. Although I've got to admit, it doesn't surprise me at all that some players prefer this to Brown and Prism. Surely Koolboyman's hacks have lots of add-ons to a normal pokemon game and he could have done so much more than I can but this hack is still something way different.

And not to only quote to messages today, expect a video update really soon! It's of a place called Cave of Illusions.

scaled.php

Edit:
The video is up!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
Holy crap. I had to revive my old account just to say how AWESOME this hack is. Seriously, one of THE best hacks I have played thus far. It's absolutely amazing, and I would love to help you out with some of the story. It can be a bit flaky in some areas, but it is really good! Please keep to 2nd Gen and below!! Don't add in Later generation pokemon. I hate it when games do that...

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Dang, why are all the gen 1/2 games either bad/ good but not completed. I love playing gb games on my ds, a shame that rom hacks don't last that long. You'll be a legend if you complete this, good ****.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
my only qualm is the lack of TMs (mostly useless ones like detect/defense curl) at the beginning of the game.

most hackers have their own lifes too so you cant rush them into finishing.

miksy91

Years
Holy crap. I had to revive my old account just to say how AWESOME this hack is. Seriously, one of THE best hacks I have played thus far. It's absolutely amazing, and I would love to help you out with some of the story. It can be a bit flaky in some areas, but it is really good! Please keep to 2nd Gen and below!! Don't add in Later generation pokemon. I hate it when games do that...
Thanks! I PMed you about helping out.
I just might add pokemon from later gens but haven't really planned whether to do so yet. There won't be many in the full version though.

I'm curious who that dude in the cave was...

Cyclone
Shouldn't spoil much if I just answered this clearly here but let's just put it in spoiler anyhow.

Spoiler:

Dang, why are all the gen 1/2 games either bad/ good but not completed. I love playing gb games on my ds, a shame that rom hacks don't last that long. You'll be a legend if you complete this, good ****.
What's wrong with having good and not completed hacks around? It's a sad fact but many good rom hacks never get finished (I'm not talking about pokemon here). Not like I wouldn't finish this hack but you should really try it out instead of waiting for ages for the final version to be up. The point here is the fact that you've no idea what to expect from this hack until you try it out. You're not going to travel from city to another hunting gym badges, that I can quarantee.

my only qualm is the lack of TMs (mostly useless ones like detect/defense curl) at the beginning of the game.

most hackers have their own lifes too so you cant rush them into finishing.
I made it so that you'll mainly get the bad TMs in the beginning and start getting more useful ones as you progress later. For example Icy Wind can already be obtained in North Star. The fact that Defense Curl and (Detect? can't remember where this might be) can be both gotten in the beginning is probably something to be worked with, maybe change either one of them into something more useful like Swift (which can already be obtained in some point of the game I believe).

I've written down every single TM that is obtainable in the current release I'm making so I should be able to find a replacement to Detect for instance.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
probably also i dislike how many of the good TMs (like Psychic, fire blast, shadowball etc.) cannot be found in the current beta at all.

and also, tentacruel does not learn thunder in any way (level, Tm or breeding), so giving thunder to the last gym leader's tentacruel is basically hax. i mean cmon if u want, just give the gym leader zapdos then?

miksy91

Years
probably also i dislike how many of the good TMs (like Psychic, fire blast, shadowball etc.) cannot be found in the current beta at all.
They will be, in the following releases. Beta 3 is not a > 70% gameplay release you know.

and also, tentacruel does not learn thunder in any way (level, Tm or breeding), so giving thunder to the last gym leader's tentacruel is basically hax. i mean cmon if u want, just give the gym leader zapdos then?

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php

Pointing these out that it's not meant to be "hax" like you said it was.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
still see that as a cheap and illogical way of countering ground types (considering the electric gym leader). Lanturn would have been more appropriate.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Hi miksy91. I played all pokemon game.i don't really llke 2nd gen games. But played this hack and loved it so much. The hack is amazing and i can't wait for next beta. Pleash tell me when the next beta came.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hi, I'm really enjoying your hack so far, the story so far is great and there's only a small complaint that I have, I think some of the gyms are a bit over powered, ending up with me having to level grind quite a lot. Also I'm having trouble finding flash for that cave after the water gym, could I have a hint for it maybe? I'm playing through it a few times as preparation for an upcoming lets play that will happen in a couple of weeks, in HD to.

*Edit*

Nvm about flash, I found it and think I've completed all the gyms and the BBB, The Sages are the only thing left. I've found 2 pages in that book about eevee evolutions, is there more to find in the current patch? Lastly is there only one orb to find in the current beta and what exactly do I do after I've found it or is that the end of the beta? Thanks in advance, and I love this hack, one of the best I've played. I'm going to play through 1 or 2 more times to try find most (if not all) of the hidden items and TMs. If it's not to much trouble could you send me a list to check off because I will possibly make a written walkthrough.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
still see that as a cheap and illogical way of countering ground types (considering the electric gym leader). Lanturn would have been more appropriate.
Not going to change it unless there will be more complaining about it. I really like the way it is right now.

Hi miksy91. I played all pokemon game.i don't really llke 2nd gen games. But played this hack and loved it so much. The hack is amazing and i can't wait for next beta. Pleash tell me when the next beta came.
Thank you :)
Keep following the updates and you'll notice when I set a release date for it. For now, it looks like the next release will be up sometime during 2013.

Hi, I'm really enjoying your hack so far, the story so far is great and there's only a small complaint that I have, I think some of the gyms are a bit over powered, ending up with me having to level grind quite a lot. Also I'm having trouble finding flash for that cave after the water gym, could I have a hint for it maybe? I'm playing through it a few times as preparation for an upcoming lets play that will happen in a couple of weeks, in HD to.
Thanks! Beta 3.0 was too much of a grinding game but the hack shouldn't be that bad at its current state. If you've to grind a lot, you're probably not using a good strategy against the gym leaders because I didn't have to grind much to beat them. About HM Flash, there is FAQ in the main post for a reason.

Where can I get the HMs ?
Spoiler:

By the way, I'll be probably taking a look at that LP later.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't know if I already said this, but this hack is truly impressive, I can only think of two or three other Pokemon hacks that meet this level of Scripting and ASM prowess. I never would have expected a hack like this from you, though. I mean, seeing your other hacks, I expected great mapping and various other elements, but the scripting and ASM is mindblowingly good, especially from the PoV of someone who dabbles in both. Have you been practicing in secret?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Just wanted to drop by and offer my sympathies that Snakewood is beating you out for HOTQ. I played Snakewood and enjoyed it, but I voted for you. :)

The progress looks great, and I'll find time to try Beta 3.1 and report back soon, honest. :D

Back