Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old February 23rd, 2011 (2:35 PM).
Detective

Nature: Calm
    A good category, IMO, would be Best dead RP so that dead RPs get some glory (and possible revivation.)

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 24th, 2011 (12:22 AM).

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
      Sounds pretty wise. There would probably only be 3 categories though (GM, player and RP), since I don't really see the point of more (yet). But there are quite a lot active RPs now, so I get what you mean.

That could probably work, two weeks being the nomination stage and two weeks being the voting stage. As there are 4 weeks in a month 8D /smartness

Should the nominations and the votes go in the same thread or different threads?
      I'd think different threads. When the nominating period is over, I'd close that thread and put up/approve the voting thread.
      Well, you could sticky it, I guess? Or if that's too troublesome, how about have a sticky voting-and-result thread and separate a nominating thread? Since nomination is sorta secondary, people usually wanna see past award-winners so you shouldn't remove the voting-and-results thread. Just saying, you don't have to listen to me. XD
      Old February 24th, 2011 (6:30 AM).
      every story
      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Naive
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~Wind~ View Post
      A good category, IMO, would be Best dead RP so that dead RPs get some glory (and possible revivation.)
      I don't think dead RPs are worth awarding. If they are "dead", then there is probably a reason for it.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by slls81 View Post
      Yeah I think separate threads would work best/would be easiest to organise.

As for categories, maybe something like best new RP, where only RP's that have opened in the past month or two are eligible?
      Hm, don't you think it's enough with Best RP overall? Or maybe we could split "Best RP" into "Best New RP" and "Best Veteran RP" or something, where RPs that have been born in March can win the first place and RPs that have been born before March can win the last one.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
      Well, you could sticky it, I guess? Or if that's too troublesome, how about have a sticky voting-and-result thread and separate a nominating thread? Since nomination is sorta secondary, people usually wanna see past award-winners so you shouldn't remove the voting-and-results thread. Just saying, you don't have to listen to me. XD
      I'd sticky both. And when nominations are done, I'd close that thread but maybe link back to it when the voting thread is put up. Or what do you mean? xD
      Old February 24th, 2011 (9:57 AM).
      What does that even mean?
      • Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
      Quote:
      Hm, don't you think it's enough with Best RP overall? Or maybe we could split "Best RP" into "Best New RP" and "Best Veteran RP" or something, where RPs that have been born in March can win the first place and RPs that have been born before March can win the last one.
      That's basically what I had in mind. Two separate awards, one for best existing RP and one for best newcomer. It could help bring attention to some of the newer RP's that may have been overlooked possibly. Just an idea
      Old February 24th, 2011 (10:42 AM).
      Years of Lies

I have an idea for a Pokemon RP based on the Hunger Games books. (<--Good series, by the way) However, I'm not sure on the reason why for these games....OTL
        "Your plans will fail, my sweet lady. And when they do, your stories will be nothing but lies, your rebellion will be in vain, and war will rage for years until you are but a speck of dust." - Noh
        "The lies of your world will be exposed. My rebellion will rein over your realm, and no longer will this time be plagued by war." - ???
        Old February 24th, 2011 (10:26 PM).

Quote:
          I'd sticky both. And when nominations are done, I'd close that thread but maybe link back to it when the voting thread is put up. Or what do you mean? xD
          Yup, that's what I meant but I couldn't find the words to say it that way. I've no clue about the complexity of locking, stickying threads etc. XD
          Old February 24th, 2011 (10:49 PM).
          I'm allergic to people.

Nature: Sassy
            "Best RP"? That sounds kind of interesting, might make me want to start writing them on here again. [In fact I'm writing one now..but NO ONE SHALLST KNOW OF IT!]

[Maybe >.>]

..But then again they always die. Lol.
            Old February 25th, 2011 (1:25 AM).
            every story
            • Platinum Tier

I'll make the nominations thread soon then.

And great, Yuukihime! This could be a way of advertising the section :3 Hmpf, the makers of PC calling it a corner... it's a plaza, I tell you.

Also, check the rules now and then and re-read. I'm still in the beginning steps of mod-ship, so I'm modifying the rules now and then to fit our pace and place. There is now a rule about posting your main RP thread before you post the OOC thread.
            Old February 25th, 2011 (5:28 AM).

You could also introduce emblems for this. Just suggesting, I saw a thread somewhere in which the mod sorta offered emblems to make members post. Bribery does work sometimes. XD
              Old February 25th, 2011 (5:33 AM).
              every story
              • Platinum Tier

I was planning for that too ;) If you win best GM or best Player, you will get an emblem. If a thread wins best new RP or best veteran RP, its title or first post can be changed to mark that it's a winner.

If anybody wants to make the emblem graphics, go ahead. Personally I'm not great with art.
              Old February 25th, 2011 (5:43 AM).

Quote:
                I was planning for that too If you win best GM or best Player, you will get an emblem. If a thread wins best new RP or best veteran RP, its title or first post can be changed to mark that it's a winner.

If anybody wants to make the emblem graphics, go ahead. Personally I'm not great with art.
                I'll try. I'm currently learning graphics design in my Art Elective Programme(simply put it a special Arts class, they just came up with some cheesy classy name XD) so I can put my skills to the test. Sigh...still have to design that motif for the national competition...wait? I think I did that already...partial memory loss. xD
                Old February 25th, 2011 (8:14 AM).
                CAT-BUS!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Eeveemaster9 View Post
                  I have an idea for a Pokemon RP based on the Hunger Games books. (<--Good series, by the way) However, I'm not sure on the reason why for these games....OTL
                  I read the first one of those, and that seems like a pretty good idea, but it also seems like it would be alot like, The RP Id Est Damneum Innocantae. A reason for them could be just like in the books, they are forced too buy some higher up country of sorts. and districts could be regions.
                  Old February 25th, 2011 (8:23 AM).
                  Years of Lies

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
                    I read the first one of those, and that seems like a pretty good idea, but it also seems like it would be alot like, The RP Id Est Damneum Innocantae. A reason for them could be just like in the books, they are forced too buy some higher up country of sorts. and districts could be regions.
                    It would be alot of work, wouldn't it?;;;

I would probably have Frostbite help me with the prep. They made an rp simuliar a year or two ago, but it didn't get past the second page because everybody was too busy... I can still remember the presidents name..."Gale Frost"

*Goes into day-dream mode*
                    "Your plans will fail, my sweet lady. And when they do, your stories will be nothing but lies, your rebellion will be in vain, and war will rage for years until you are but a speck of dust." - Noh
                    "The lies of your world will be exposed. My rebellion will rein over your realm, and no longer will this time be plagued by war." - ???
                    Old February 25th, 2011 (12:53 PM). Edited February 25th, 2011 by Yuukihime.
                    I'm allergic to people.

Nature: Sassy
                      Hm, well this sounds interesting o;. I could pair with zeta again and restart the Cult! xD Or maybe Goddess of Happiness..I could use Synchrocity..or Lunar Dawn!

Lunar Dawn would have to be turned WAAAAY down though, haha.

I'll make sure to vote though~ Seems to be interesting way to bring back a lot of veteran role-players O:

Bribery ftw!
                      Old February 25th, 2011 (1:07 PM). Edited February 25th, 2011 by pokemongarnet.
                      CAT-BUS!

I find it surprising how fast the rp corner became so busy now there's at least 10 active, ongoing RP's.

I wonder if I should start a new one...
                        Old February 25th, 2011 (1:21 PM).
                        every story
                        • Platinum Tier

It's all thanks to me. /lies

One thing is a bit sad about there being many more or less active RPs: some get pushed down to the second page and can be forgotten if people don't subscribe to them.

So, subscribe to the RPs you are in, people :)
                        Old February 26th, 2011 (3:58 PM).
                        CAT-BUS!

Okay, I'm going to make a new RP!! once I have time... Which is soon!! It's going to be part mystery, and it's going to be really demanding though, it'll need to move along to the good part fast.

Project: D.N.A.
                          Old February 26th, 2011 (11:01 PM).

I am wanting to start a Pokemon RP. I joined with an RP 3 weeks ago. There has been 2 chapters posted. The "Game Master" has apologized for not posting new chapters for being busy, which is understandable but I was hoping to get to post atleast once a week. And out of the 7 of us doing the RP, only 3 have posted. There was also an entire 9 day period that no one posted anything. Not even the "Game Master". Well, I want to write and was thinking of heading up my own. I am debating on doing a Kanto or Johto RP. I noticed there is already both RP's has started. In the "Roleplay Rules 2011" section one of the rules is this.

Spoiler:
                            10. Stealing is absolutely not tolerated at PC. If you steal someone else's plot, you will receive a permanent red infraction worth 4 points. Note; When reporting stolen plots, please include a print screen of the original roleplay, and please make sure that the thief isn't the same person as the creator. Also, if you are a member of a roleplay that is accused of being plagiarized, your opinion on the matter is respected, but it would be prudent if you didn't PM the mods with your two cents. The right of opposition against being accused of a stolen RP belongs to the RP master, and the RP master only. Should they have anything to say, then there is no need for you to help them say it.

Threads accused of being stolen will immediately be closed, and the stolen content removed at once. They will only be reopened if proof that the roleplay is not stolen is presented.

Would I be stealing someone elses idea by starting another Kanto or Johto RP?
                            Old February 26th, 2011 (11:15 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
                              I am wanting to start a Pokemon RP. I joined with an RP 3 weeks ago. There has been 2 chapters posted. The "Game Master" has apologized for not posting new chapters for being busy, which is understandable but I was hoping to get to post atleast once a week. And out of the 7 of us doing the RP, only 3 have posted. There was also an entire 9 day period that no one posted anything. Not even the "Game Master". Well, I want to write and was thinking of heading up my own. I am debating on doing a Kanto or Johto RP. I noticed there is already both RP's has started. In the "Roleplay Rules 2011" section one of the rules is this.

Spoiler:
                              10. Stealing is absolutely not tolerated at PC. If you steal someone else's plot, you will receive a permanent red infraction worth 4 points. Note; When reporting stolen plots, please include a print screen of the original roleplay, and please make sure that the thief isn't the same person as the creator. Also, if you are a member of a roleplay that is accused of being plagiarized, your opinion on the matter is respected, but it would be prudent if you didn't PM the mods with your two cents. The right of opposition against being accused of a stolen RP belongs to the RP master, and the RP master only. Should they have anything to say, then there is no need for you to help them say it.

Threads accused of being stolen will immediately be closed, and the stolen content removed at once. They will only be reopened if proof that the roleplay is not stolen is presented.

No. As long as you have a different plot from others, it's not stealing. You can make your RP different from others and there are many ways to do so.
                              Old February 27th, 2011 (12:45 AM).
                              every story
                              • Platinum Tier

Quote:

Spoiler:

Diamond above here is correct. As long as your plot is different or your game has other aspects to it, it's ok. Then, if it's too similar of course... Well, I'll simply tell you if that's so :)
                              Old February 27th, 2011 (10:41 AM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
                                No. As long as you have a different plot from others, it's not stealing. You can make your RP different from others and there are many ways to do so.
                                Quote:
                                Diamond above here is correct. As long as your plot is different or your game has other aspects to it, it's ok. Then, if it's too similar of course... Well, I'll simply tell you if that's so

It was just going to be one of the same old, same old new trainer style RP. Go through the world describing what you are doing and the battles and such. How can I make it any more different than that?
                                Old February 27th, 2011 (10:58 AM).

Quote:
                                  It was just going to be one of the same old, same old new trainer style RP. Go through the world describing what you are doing and the battles and such. How can I make it any more different than that?
                                  Well, that is kind of where you have to do the work. You have the come up with the idea that makes your RP unique, otherwise we might as well as make it ourselves. Just think of something relatively interesting/plot progressing that you don't see others do.
                                  Old February 27th, 2011 (12:35 PM).
                                  every story
                                  • Platinum Tier

Quote:
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Dumbo Decus View Post
                                  Well, that is kind of where you have to do the work. You have the come up with the idea that makes your RP unique, otherwise we might as well as make it ourselves. Just think of something relatively interesting/plot progressing that you don't see others do.
                                  Exactly. Or we might as well play the actual games or write a fanfiction...

Really, we've seen so many journey RPs already. I still love 'em, but if it's the exact same story as in the games, with Team Rocket holding Silph hostage, Team Magma/Aqua chasing Groudon/Kyogre and all... then there is little room for the fine elements of excitement and surprise, isn't there?

A new "bad team" with different goals than the old ones is a basic, easy way of changing something. *is guilty of that* Or maybe there isn't a bad team at all, but other forces at work. Or maybe the whole RP is a competition of some kind between your characters?

And changing the setting to maybe have a history of war/conflict/politics, or be in a completely new region or change an existing region/canon in other ways are other examples.
                                  Old February 27th, 2011 (6:23 PM).
                                  CAT-BUS!

Hiya, New roleplay teaser, note... it isn't a character just an example of what one could be... I want this to be fun!! So I'm thinking a lot about it.
                                    Attached Images
                                    File Type: png DNA PROJECT GROUDON.PNG‎ (37.1 KB, 21 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                    Old February 27th, 2011 (10:54 PM). Edited February 27th, 2011 by eishiba.

Quote:
                                      Exactly. Or we might as well play the actual games or write a fanfiction...

Really, we've seen so many journey RPs already. I still love 'em, but if it's the exact same story as in the games, with Team Rocket holding Silph hostage, Team Magma/Aqua chasing Groudon/Kyogre and all... then there is little room for the fine elements of excitement and surprise, isn't there?

A new "bad team" with different goals than the old ones is a basic, easy way of changing something. *is guilty of that* Or maybe there isn't a bad team at all, but other forces at work. Or maybe the whole RP is a competition of some kind between your characters?

And changing the setting to maybe have a history of war/conflict/politics, or be in a completely new region or change an existing region/canon in other ways are other examples.

Hmmm....Now my mind is starting to stir. I'd kind of like to give the RP the same trainer going through the world style because I'd find it to be fun to write about it. Now it was stated not to steal others ideas but so I hope I'm not stealing specific ideas when I think of Mewtwo. F*ck Arceus, Mewtwo owns all lol. They just wanted to make something more powerful than Mewtwo, just like they keep dwarfing all the original 150. lol. Just to brain storm I was thinking of Mewtwo being the "main villain". Wreaking havoc on cities, similar to the movie of thinking poor of humans. Then something along the lines of the beginning trainers are chosen to find and defeat Mewtwo on the journey. Prehaps Professor Oak can tell by how the other Pokemon act that there is distress, or perhaps Mewtwo owned Arceus who now has to seek additional help. Now if this sounds lame or maybe could use some ideas I'm open for anything. Positives, negatives, criticism. Um, I can brainstorm in this thread right? Please, if this idea hasn't been taken, I ask no one else steals it.
                                      Closed Thread

Quick Reply