The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Stage
Roleplay Discussion Thread

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 13th, 2011 (4:25 AM).
press start to play_

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconkillszombies View Post
That's kinda neat. lol ^^;;
PM'd you :3

And as for the 'nuzzle' problem... I think many (PMD) RPs lately have revolved around romance and hence the nuzzling xD

And a heads up. If I get a proposition through, changes will occur in the Roleplay Corner again soon. It's got to do with this recent discussion about: short posts - fast, lively RP vs long posts - slow, literate RP.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 13th, 2011 (5:31 AM).

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
    PM'd you :3

And as for the 'nuzzle' problem... I think many (PMD) RPs lately have revolved around romance and hence the nuzzling xD

And a heads up. If I get a proposition through, changes will occur in the Roleplay Corner again soon. It's got to do with this recent discussion about: short posts - fast, lively RP vs long posts - slow, literate RP.
    What change(s) did you proposed and to who? Is it the higher staff?

That'll be good to increase our standards of roleplaying. Many view roleplaying as a leisure activity or game but it's actually like story-writing but in the form of a gameplay mode with other "co-author". I think it's time we step up to improve the levels of PC users' English.

I see numerous RPs attaining 3 pages in less than a day, that's just too fast like mayhem. And if you read, you'll properly peel your eyes out at the poorly-written erratic posts. I actually thought those were the works of kindergärtners! >_<"
    Old April 13th, 2011 (5:46 AM).
    press start to play_

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
    What change(s) did you proposed and to who? Is it the higher staff?

That'll be good to increase our standards of roleplaying. Many view roleplaying as a leisure activity or game but it's actually like story-writing but in the form of a gameplay mode with other "co-author". I think it's time we step up to improve the levels of PC users' English.

I see numerous RPs attaining 3 pages in less than a day, that's just too fast like mayhem. And if you read, you'll properly peel your eyes out at the poorly-written erratic posts. I actually thought those were the works of kindergärtners! >_<"
    Well, don't bash too hard now. I can see the charm and fun in writing short posts with other players. Actually a fast moving RP like that can be more fun in several ways, and apparently there is a demand for those here, or I wouldn't have to infract people constantly... :,( I feel evil. /corner

But posts shorter than one full (meaning 3-4 lines) paragraph won't ever be tolerated in in-character posts on PC, I've been told from above. It's to keep some form of standard.

The plan will reveal itself soon enough, if parallelzero thinks it's a good enough idea.
    Old April 14th, 2011 (1:45 AM).

Quote:
      Well, don't bash too hard now. I can see the charm and fun in writing short posts with other players. Actually a fast moving RP like that can be more fun in several ways, and apparently there is a demand for those here, or I wouldn't have to infract people constantly... :,( I feel evil. /corner

But posts shorter than one full (meaning 3-4 lines) paragraph won't ever be tolerated in in-character posts on PC, I've been told from above. It's to keep some form of standard.

The plan will reveal itself soon enough, if parallelzero thinks it's a good enough idea.
      Yeah, ok I won't be so harsh now. But yeah, small paragraphs are acceptable. I was just angry at those people who constantly do one-liners even though we've already stated not to time and time again. it's like they don't read the rules the first time they are here and I find it very unbelievable.

So, I'll just let the thing take its course and in the meantime happily roleplay. :P
      Old April 15th, 2011 (1:33 AM).
      The Rivers will run red....

Nature: Lonely
        if there's a competition between fast-paced RPs with short posts and slow-paced RPs with Long posts (like RHCP suggested), slow-paced ones often win by their quality, but they often have a low amount of views (which, disappoints me xD). Fast-paced RPs seem to have a lot of views. Maybe it's because of their amount of replies and posts.

Eternal Nightmare is going to be a slow-paced RP, RHCP&Dia, so don't worry :)

(oh great I'm advertising my own RP now)

I hope I have more views :) (it gives me courage and energy to carry on lol)

The most Caring Girlfriend/Pair Ever

PC Brothers:
        SuperVegeta
        [ silver ]
        Miju-kun
        Diamond1304/
        Blaziken15
        Rustymenon
        InkHeart

PC Sisters:
        Marina E. silver
        Mzmingle
        FlurryTheGlaceon
        XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
        CSS

Old April 15th, 2011 (1:59 AM).
        press start to play_

Sure, more views can make you feel good... but it's like you say, people check in often and type a few lines up and then they go. And then they check again, type a few lines up and so on.

And slow paced isn't always good xD It's just they way RPs seem to turn out if the GM demands longer posts. It's not on purpose, at least not in my RPs.

Gosh, I've tested out several styles of RPing so far and not many have been successful xD But I'm still learning so I think it's ok to fail a few times~ Don't you guys agree?
        Old April 15th, 2011 (2:03 AM).

*shrugs* I don't really like Chapter Form, but that's just me xD

well the speed of the RP depends on the RPers...

but some RPers post too quickly, and the other RPers may not have enough time to post

PC Brothers:
          SuperVegeta
          [ silver ]
          Miju-kun
          Diamond1304/
          Blaziken15
          Rustymenon
          InkHeart

PC Sisters:
          Marina E. silver
          Mzmingle
          FlurryTheGlaceon
          XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
          CSS

Old April 15th, 2011 (3:43 AM).
          What does that even mean?

Nature: Timid
          Quote:
          Gosh, I've tested out several styles of RPing so far and not many have been successful xD But I'm still learning so I think it's ok to fail a few times~ Don't you guys agree?
          ^This. I don't think there's a "right" way to run, or participate in, an RP. I think it's just a case of trying a bunch of different things, before finally settling on a style that you as an RPer (or as a GM, the majority of players) are comfortable with. (Note that I said the majority of players, as a GM I've found that you'll never be able to please everyone. :/) Sure, a few mistakes might be made along the way, but that's half the fun right? At least that's how it seems to have worked out in the RP's I've run and participated in. :P
          Old April 15th, 2011 (5:52 AM).

I feel that Chapter RPs are best for Journeys. My 2 cents worth, that's all.

And talking about a GM's role. I guess for PMD or Pokemon-charactered RPs, the GM should play in with the rest so as to form some sort of "role model" so the others can expect what to do and not do. (That's what I plan to do for my next RP that's based on Pokemon-to-Human)

Journey RPs should be monitored and controlled by GMs and GMs should try not to partake in the game so as to not confuse people.
            Old April 15th, 2011 (5:56 AM).

Quote:
              And talking about a GM's role. I guess for PMD or Pokemon-charactered RPs, the GM should play in with the rest so as to form some sort of "role model" so the others can expect what to do and not do
              this. Exactly. But chapter RPs will limit your communicating methods. I think I want those RPs that aren't like Chapter RPs, but the posts are longer than those PMD short posts. Somewhere in between, and I'm trying to make that happen in Eternal Nightmare. a Similar example is Pokemon Odyssey.

PC Brothers:
              SuperVegeta
              [ silver ]
              Miju-kun
              Diamond1304/
              Blaziken15
              Rustymenon
              InkHeart

PC Sisters:
              Marina E. silver
              Mzmingle
              FlurryTheGlaceon
              XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
              CSS

Old April 15th, 2011 (7:31 AM).
              press start to play_

Well there are no 'official' categories for RPs here, we've just bunched together some that we call 'chaptered' RPs but they can in turn look very different from another.

And just a note; most RPs are NOT to be considered dead if nobody has posted in them for a week. It's just that we've got so many ultra-active RPs now that those tend to fall over on page 2 in the thread index XD Remember to check page 2 and even page 3 from time to time in case you've missed an interesting RP that just hasn't made it to the first page for a week or so! An RP isn't completely dead until it's GM or majority of players give up on it, or when it hasn't been posted in for a month.
              Old April 15th, 2011 (9:37 PM).
              I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>

Nature: Calm
                Quote:
                Sure, more views can make you feel good... but it's like you say, people check in often and type a few lines up and then they go. And then they check again, type a few lines up and so on.

And slow paced isn't always good xD It's just they way RPs seem to turn out if the GM demands longer posts. It's not on purpose, at least not in my RPs.

I agree, I have failed numerous times.Yet I keep trying because Rping is fun and junk. :P >.>
                Old April 20th, 2011 (5:58 AM).
                I'm allergic to people.

Nature: Sassy
                  Quote:

I've tested out many styles of RP most of them die. xD! Thats why I moved to a private forum but because manda won't post her wall of text post we can't do squat

As for posting length..I'm definitely demanding. I don't like seeing 1 paragraph posts for something that can easily be stretched out to 2-3 paragraphs with lines of dialog and description. It kind of peeves me off that some people make a 1 paragraph post making their character do one thing and then end it.

Of course I must shamefully admit, I did that too in my newbie days. xD
                  Old April 20th, 2011 (10:42 AM).
                  press start to play_

There are A LOT of new RPs now, many which I think are really interesting. Hope you'll get active and serious players and get those RPs running!
                  Old April 20th, 2011 (10:59 AM).
                  Forever Shawol and Aileean

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Yuukihime View Post

Of course I must shamefully admit, I did that too in my newbie days. xD
                    The thing is, most of the people RPing now are newbies (read: n00bs). So, GMs have to be aware of who are new and who are not and help those who are new.

Or perhaps I could finish that posting guide. XD Both could work. XD

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
                    Old April 20th, 2011 (11:02 AM).
                    press start to play_

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MichaelaTheUchiha View Post
                    The thing is, most of the people RPing now are newbies (read: n00bs). So, GMs have to be aware of who are new and who are not and help those who are new.

Or perhaps I could finish that posting guide. XD Both could work. XD
                    Do finish it! :D I want to read it~
                    Old April 20th, 2011 (11:05 AM).

Started rewriting it since I feel like the first one was crap. Here is what I have so far:

Spoiler:
                      How To Create Great Posts
                      By MichaelaTheUchiha
                      Introduction
                      Some of you may be wondering, “Oh who is this girl that is trying to teach us how to create posts? Who does she think she is?” I think I am the person to help you create posts, because, if you’re reading this, you are a newbie who wants to learn how to post. Or, you are the mod (at this time, RCHP) who is wondering if you should sticky this insane guide. Or, better yet, you just want to read this because you are bored. Yeah, the latter should just leave now. Unless you are me in the future since I know I will read this over again when I am bored. Well, I am rambling on; I think I should use the strikethrough. This guide will touch on a bit of grammar (although there is another guide that goes into grammar as well),

Old April 20th, 2011 (12:41 PM).
                      redemption

Nature: Gentle
                      That kind of reminds me of yeaaars back when I make a thread that was a guide/faq to roleplaying, like the types of roleplays and things of the like. The forum I did so on is now dead though, and I was like... eleven or twelve when I wrote it hurr.

I haven't roleplayed for years (last time I did forum roleplay no including the club RPs that didn't last long here was on Gaia) on a forum, and Livejournal didn't really require long posts, not to mention the other roleplay styles when it comes to LJ. Soo... I'm a little dusty. Going to probably just stay in one roleplay until I become a bit more confident in my roleplaying abilities again. xD;

my past does not define me
                      'cause my past is not today
                      Old April 20th, 2011 (12:43 PM).
                      press start to play_

Sounds good to me, since you're in my RP ^^ Making a guide when 11 years old, that's though business.

How does roleplaying on LJ work, anyways? I've heard Emma and others talk about it.
                      Old April 20th, 2011 (12:49 PM).
                      redemption

Nature: Gentle
                      It was stickied, so I assume that I did a good job on it. xD;

LJ roleplaying can work in several ways. Usually, there is a first person side and a third person side to LJ roleplaying. The first person side would be when someone posts through a 'communicator' and the characters reply to eachother like they're simply chatting. Another way to think about it is if they're play script roleplaying, but without the actions. However, sometimes people will make 'action posts' in which it would technically be script playing (though instead of going "Name: blah blah" the name part is simply you posting the character's journal account that you create for them).

Then there are logs, which is pretty much like normal roleplaying in third person. If I weren't go lazy, I could go and get examples. xD; I might sound confusing, but it's really easy when you get the hang of it. The nice part about it is the whole icon side of roleplaying, in which you use the icons as a emotion set, and you choose the icon that most best matches how they're feeling at the time.

my past does not define me
                      'cause my past is not today
                      Old April 20th, 2011 (12:53 PM).
                      press start to play_

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
                      It was stickied, so I assume that I did a good job on it. xD;

LJ roleplaying can work in several ways. Usually, there is a first person side and a third person side to LJ roleplaying. The first person side would be when someone posts through a 'communicator' and the characters reply to eachother like they're simply chatting. Another way to think about it is if they're play script roleplaying, but without the actions. However, sometimes people will make 'action posts' in which it would technically be script playing (though instead of going "Name: blah blah" the name part is simply you posting the character's journal account that you create for them).

Then there are logs, which is pretty much like normal roleplaying in third person. If I weren't go lazy, I could go and get examples. xD; I might sound confusing, but it's really easy when you get the hang of it. The nice part about it is the whole icon side of roleplaying, in which you use the icons as a emotion set, and you choose the icon that most best matches how they're feeling at the time.
                      Sounds interesting. Might be worth checking out for those who think forum style RPing isn't their thing! (hopefully they'll still stay here too though ^^ )
                      Old April 24th, 2011 (4:02 PM).
                      Roleplaying Assasin

Um I was just wondering if there is anything that causes you (Fellow RP'ers) to not join a RP. Not a plot exactly, but starter choices, mechanics, etc. ?

"Nothing Is true, everything is permitted"

-Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
                        Old April 24th, 2011 (4:13 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by baseballa34657 View Post
                          Um I was just wondering if there is anything that causes you (Fellow RP'ers) to not join a RP. Not a plot exactly, but starter choices, mechanics, etc. ?
                          Is your RP not lifting off the ground? Hmm...to be honest, things that wouldn't let me join an RP (except for plot) would be grammar mistakes, although I can overlook them if the RP had a good plot. Starters help as well, or if the starter I like is already taken. Other than that, I'm not really quite that sure. XD Sorry if I couldn't be of any help.

Old April 24th, 2011 (4:25 PM).
                          Roleplaying Assasin

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by MichaelaTheUchiha View Post
                            Is your RP not lifting off the ground? Hmm...to be honest, things that wouldn't let me join an RP (except for plot) would be grammar mistakes, although I can overlook them if the RP had a good plot. Starters help as well, or if the starter I like is already taken. Other than that, I'm not really quite that sure. XD Sorry if I couldn't be of any help.
                            Oh I actually was just curious. xD. Although I do plan on making my first RP (Eeh Gasp!) sometime soon. I'll probably post the plot on here first for critiques.

EDIT: I feel like such a noob. D:

"Nothing Is true, everything is permitted"

-Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
                            Old April 24th, 2011 (6:32 PM).

I know I don't deserve to be here *looks around, cautiously*

But well. Michaela's right, but there's one more thing. The roleplayers that have joined the RP.

PC Brothers:
                              SuperVegeta
                              [ silver ]
                              Miju-kun
                              Diamond1304/
                              Blaziken15
                              Rustymenon
                              InkHeart

PC Sisters:
                              Marina E. silver
                              Mzmingle