• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Breaking Red

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 2, 2018
Ok so i want a sky attack zubat, a surf charmander and lets say a thunderbolt/flamethrower horsey in pokemon red
Has anyone over here ever experimented with this?
Bassicaly i wanna learn how be able to "teach" any pokemon any move

I want them the legit way, so no external devices allowed, just a gameboy and a pokemon red cardridge

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The only Pokemon in the game that can learn any move legitly via HM/TM is Mew. What your speaking of would require hacking as Horsea or any Pokemon you've listed has a limited amount of moves it can learn or be taught.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 2, 2018
The only Pokemon in the game that can learn any move legitly via HM/TM is Mew. What your speaking of would require hacking as Horsea or any Pokemon you've listed has a limited amount of moves it can learn or be taught.

Well wether or not it is legit is a matter of debate, but im talking about breaking the game so much with glitches that it becomes possible
And then stabilizing the pokemon while keeping the altered moveset

Ive seen this before, but never tried it myself and dont know how to
But it is possible

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 2, 2018
I figured it out, well partially
I got a surfing, thunderbolt, psywave charmander

But more tests are required, i do not believe any TM can be thought yet with my method
I have to do more experiments

I switched to yellow now for experimentation, but have relied on red to achieve this

Back