The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Seventh Generation
Add an Alolan form

Seventh Generation Alola, trainers! Come discuss the latest generation in the Pokémon series with us! This includes Sun & Moon as well as Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old June 13th, 2018 (8:53 PM). Edited June 25th, 2018 by VisionofMilotic.
VisionofMilotic's Avatar
VisionofMilotic VisionofMilotic is offline
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 1,876
    Come up with a new Alolan form for a Pokemon.

    I'm going to concoct an Alolan Rapidash. It will be a water/ fairy type. She will look similar to normal Rapidash but have a green kelp-like mane and maybe bits of sea shell strewn throughout it. She gets swift swim as her ability and I will add to her arsenal waterfall and play rough! This is a water horse, my hippocampus :D

    Step right up! What pokemon will you guys think of next?
    __________________
    I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163



    Name: Narcissus
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old June 21st, 2018 (12:52 PM).
    CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is offline
    Just your average Spaceball
       
      Join Date: Jun 2017
      Location: Hayward
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 1,819
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by VisionofMilotic View Post
      Come up with a new Alolan form for a Pokemon.

      I'm going to concoct an Alolan Rapidash. It will be a water/ fairy type. She will look similar to normal Rapidash but have a green kelp-like mane and maybe bits of sea shell strewn throughout it. She gets swift swim as her ability and I will add to her arsenal waterfall and play rough!

      Step right up! What pokemon will you guys think of next?
      Alolan Fearow. Ice/Flying Type such that it’s adapted to the harsh conditions of Mount Lanakila. Has the ability Snow Warning and is basically a Snowy White Bird with Blue tipped wings(similar to Alolan Vulpix if I had to give an example). Would be a poor man’s Articuno too.
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old June 21st, 2018 (2:57 PM). Edited June 21st, 2018 by strangerhypno.
      strangerhypno's Avatar
      strangerhypno strangerhypno is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2017
        Posts: 2,294
        Alolan Qwilfish. Steel/Poison. Buffed defenses but slower and less attack. Looks like a naval mine. Has ability where when it faints it automatically uses explosion. This adaptation is in response to the Toxapex competition
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old June 21st, 2018 (3:07 PM).
        Enpatsu Shakugan's Avatar
        Enpatsu Shakugan Enpatsu Shakugan is offline
        The Unyielding Flame
         
        Join Date: Apr 2018
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 1,755
        Aloan Milotic.

        Dragon/Water, obviously; the most OP thing ever.
        __________________

        "I'm a talking cat."
        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old June 21st, 2018 (3:18 PM).
        strangerhypno's Avatar
        strangerhypno strangerhypno is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2017
          Posts: 2,294
          Eh dragon/water isn't that great, otherwise Kingdra would be dominating tier lists
          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old June 21st, 2018 (3:33 PM).
          Enpatsu Shakugan's Avatar
          Enpatsu Shakugan Enpatsu Shakugan is offline
          The Unyielding Flame
           
          Join Date: Apr 2018
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 1,755
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by strangerhypno View Post
          Eh dragon/water isn't that great, otherwise Kingdra would be dominating tier lists
          It's more a joke for the OP, haha.
          __________________

          "I'm a talking cat."
          Reply With Quote
            #7    
          Old June 25th, 2018 (4:10 AM). Edited June 25th, 2018 by VisionofMilotic.
          VisionofMilotic's Avatar
          VisionofMilotic VisionofMilotic is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2016
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 1,876
            Alolan Swanna. Its a fairy and flying type.This pokemon has obvious gender differences like pyroar. The male Alolan Swanna is indigo and emerald-colored with extra tail feathers featuring golden eyes that make it resemble a peacock.

            The female doesn't have the elaborate train of feathers and has a more sedate color scheme with a white and brown body and only green features around the neck. The shiny form of both the male and female is silver and white all over, inspired by albino peafowls.

            Male Alolan Swanna upon evolution learn Tail Glow because Peacock's have to spread their feathers :)
            __________________
            I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163



            Name: Narcissus
            Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
            Reply With Quote
              #8    
            Old June 29th, 2018 (5:18 AM).
            VisionofMilotic's Avatar
            VisionofMilotic VisionofMilotic is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2016
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 1,876
              Alolan Slaking. Alolan slaking looks more like a sloth bear than a regular sloth, his fur is darker and more plentiful and he stands up like vigoroth. His ability is pick-up instead of Truant. Slaking has been chained to the wall for long enough!
              __________________
              I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163



              Name: Narcissus
              Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
              Reply With Quote
                #9    
              Old June 29th, 2018 (9:31 AM).
              strangerhypno's Avatar
              strangerhypno strangerhypno is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2017
                Posts: 2,294
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by VisionofMilotic View Post
                Alolan Slaking. Alolan slaking looks more like a sloth bear than a regular sloth, his fur is darker and more plentiful and he stands up like vigoroth. His ability is pick-up instead of Truant. Slaking has been chained to the wall for long enough!
                Does it change type? It sounds overpowered now that it can freely abuse its absurd stats.
                Reply With Quote
                  #10    
                Old June 29th, 2018 (10:08 AM).
                CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is offline
                Just your average Spaceball
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2017
                  Location: Hayward
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 1,819
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by strangerhypno View Post
                  Does it change type? It sounds overpowered now that it can freely abuse its absurd stats.
                  Ice/Normal Type, hence Fighting does a number on it.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #11    
                  Old June 30th, 2018 (1:33 AM).
                  VisionofMilotic's Avatar
                  VisionofMilotic VisionofMilotic is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2016
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Serious
                    Posts: 1,876
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by strangerhypno View Post
                    Does it change type? It sounds overpowered now that it can freely abuse its absurd stats.
                    I knew that I was missing something... I guess I could add grass to its normal typing like Sawsbuck since sloth bears live in forests. Lemme put some banana leaves onto the fingertips of this furry brown critter.

                    So he has more weaknesses now not just fighting, but ice, fire, flying, poison, bug. Those ice and fire moves in particular are gonna hit on the hard side with his lower special. However, in light of this I think we can give him an ability better than pickup. I'll make it sap sipper because bears like honey and stuff. It looks like you won't be getting around my Slaking with spore :p
                    __________________
                    I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163



                    Name: Narcissus
                    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
                    Reply With Quote
                      #12    
                    Old June 30th, 2018 (9:19 AM).
                    strangerhypno's Avatar
                    strangerhypno strangerhypno is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2017
                      Posts: 2,294
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by VisionofMilotic View Post
                      I knew that I was missing something... I guess I could add grass to its normal typing like Sawsbuck since sloth bears live in forests. Lemme put some banana leaves onto the fingertips of this furry brown critter.

                      So he has more weaknesses now not just fighting, but ice, fire, flying, poison, bug. Those ice and fire moves in particular are gonna hit on the hard side with his lower special. However, in light of this I think we can give him an ability better than pickup. I'll make it sap sipper because bears like honey and stuff. It looks like you won't be getting around my Slaking with spore :p
                      Still tanky and fast without Truant to hold it back. And a immunity to grass and spore? What fearsome power, now it can shut down the likes of Smeargle. You've created a monster Sam.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #13    
                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:05 PM).
                      colours's Avatar
                      colours colours is online now
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2005
                      Location: in a voidless dream
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 1,805
                      Alolan Krabby/Kingler.

                      Kinda surprised it doesn't have one considering beachy places and crabs go hand-in-hand together.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #14    
                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:43 AM).
                      Phosphophyllite's Avatar
                      Phosphophyllite Phosphophyllite is offline
                      アンヘロさん は、コミュ症です
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2011
                      Location: Grandiose City
                      Age: 16
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 4,560
                      Cubone. The concept of a Ground-type evolving into a Fire/Ghost-type seems weird and almost wrong.
                      __________________

                      I only listen to high-quality video game rips.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #15    
                      Old 7 Hours Ago (9:23 PM). Edited 7 Hours Ago by Taiji Dragon.
                      Taiji Dragon Taiji Dragon is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2014
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 424
                        I don't have anything specific in mind, but I think that a couple of alolan forms wouldn't have hurt to add in US/UM. Maybe twelve more to round it to thirty alolan forms in total?
                        Reply With Quote
                          #16    
                        Old 1 Hour Ago (3:58 AM).
                        colours's Avatar
                        colours colours is online now
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2005
                        Location: in a voidless dream
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 1,805
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Taiji Dragon View Post
                        I don't have anything specific in mind, but I think that a couple of alolan forms wouldn't have hurt to add in US/UM. Maybe twelve more to round it to thirty alolan forms in total?
                        Agreed here. The number of Alolan forms that were revealed are... surprisingly small for something that Game Freak made such a huge deal about. :x So I suppose more wouldn't exactly hurt, but it's too late for that now I think rip.
                        Reply With Quote
                        Reply

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:12 AM.