• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon SunGold & Pokémon MoonSilver

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
How does one go about patching this hack? Ive tried using the xdeltaUI but keep getting the "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" error.

Darksun45230

Story Developer
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
How does one go about patching this hack? Ive tried using the xdeltaUI but keep getting the "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" error.
You may have made the same mistake I did and found the (E)uropean version of the game. It should be the US version you patch.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
You may have made the same mistake I did and found the (E)uropean version of the game. It should be the US version you patch.

I believe ive found a US version but now the error im receiving is "xdelta: source file too short: XD3_INTERTNAL"

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2023
OK so i just started the game got my starter walk on the grass first encounter magikarp y is a magikarp on land

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
Ive tried several US Soul Silver roms in an attempt to get the train going but everyone ive tried has led to crashes when leaving/entering different houses or routes. If anyone could link me to a currently working rom it would be much appreciated. Ive enjoyed the time ive played with this hack!

minochet

Attack And Assault Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 25, 2022
I've been enjoying the hack, even though the type chart is REALLY throwing me for a loop. (Water being weak to flying is the biggest one.)

My question is, if I evolve my Togetic into Togekiss, will it learn the level up moves it could as a Togetic, or am I stuck waiting for a long time for new moves?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jun 20, 2016
I'm having some trouble downloading this...is it not available on mac? How would I go about downloading this if it does work on mac?

minochet

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 25, 2022
Now at the part where I help Lance against Team Rocket, and let me say what is probably my least favorite part about this hack:

The starters.

Don't get me wrong, the buffs to their final evos are awesome and they are really strong, but the amount of time it takes to get them that high is, IMO, ridiculous. I don't mind the wait to level 25 for the first evo, since I usually have that by the 3rd gym. However, the wait from 25 to 46 is just not a good look, especially since by then, you have so many options for Pokemon of those typings that are stronger than your mid evos that you might as well just shelve the starters and use whatever you see fit.

In fact, that's something I noticed through my playthrough so far. My two aces from my team are my Leafeon and Spiritomb. Now, they are good Pokemon and all, but they shine more because, well, everything else is unevolved, and they have the stats to battle my foes on even footing. It's never easy, but at least it feels more in my favor.

If I may make a suggestion, lower the levels to something more reachable. 40-42 is a lot easier to reach than 46, ESPECIALLY if you are nuzlocking, where you need your team as strong and as capable as possible.

Also something to point out, when they evolve to their final evos, they go from 46 to 44. Just throught I'd bring that up.

minochet

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 25, 2022
So I beat Red some hours ago, and I'll post a video so everyone can see, because he is HARD, trust me! But I felt I should give my thoughts as a whole for this hack.

Would I play this over Sacred Gold/Storm Silver? Yes...and no. On the one hand, it adds Fairy typing, and does do enough to the type chart that playing through it makes me feel like it's a new adventure. I like the little bump in difficulty.and overall, it does feel a bit more lenient compared to Drayano's normal stuff, not that I hate his hacks.

However, the same changes to the type chart also work against it, as there are some changes that I just can't get around. (Water weak to flying. REALLY.) Also, the evoutlionary levels for the starters from second stage to final is just too high, but I already covered that.

If I may suggest one thing, a semi-clean version would be nice. Keep the Fairy typing, but just keep the type chart at 6th gen mechanics. Also reduce the starters evolution levels down a tad, so I'm not tempted to just box them and use something stronger.

Anyways, here's the battle versus Red!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
What level does poochyena evolve? If anyone has a list of all the evolution changes that would be amazing.

Darksun45230

Story Developer
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
I really want a semi-clean version. I can't relearn a new type chart as I am set in my ways. I also miss Empoleon's Water/Steel typing. Don't get me wrong, I like most of the changes so far but there's got to be another way to balance the types out.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
One doubt can a poison type be poisoned because if not then why does ariados have poison heal which will be useless in that case.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020

I really want a Moonsilver Version with the Gen6 Typ Chart pls. Or how I can change it myself?

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
Still no fix for Gardevoir Pshyc/Fairy type? is the only thing that stops me playing it :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
@Wayne18 i know, but the rom has ralts, kirlia with pshy/fairy type, and gardevoir only phsy type, instead of pshy/fairy

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 21, 2022
Hi, this is one of my few times trying to comment (so I may screw this up), but has anyone else had a problem reviving calls on the pokegear? Any calls my player get will display the caller's name in the "call text area", then it will immediately hang up? Is this a bug, or am I simply doing something wrong? Also if I do not respond soon, I do apologize.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 7, 2022
Does anyone know why when I try patching the game through xdelta UI and put Sun Gold as the patch and a clean SS rom as source file and try to put the Output File as "Pokemon SunGold" it doesnt work (its on apply patch) and it says " xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" ;-;

Back