• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,170 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 265 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 133 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
I am so excited for this! I loved Blue and Crystal! I am holding my breath now that this means there may be a Kaizo Platinum in the future? If so I'd be over the moon that is one of my favorite of the pokemon games and your hacks are awesome the two together would be a dream come true!

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
I am so excited for this! I loved Blue and Crystal! I am holding my breath now that this means there may be a Kaizo Platinum in the future? If so I'd be over the moon that is one of my favorite of the pokemon games and your hacks are awesome the two together would be a dream come true!

I would certainly like to make a Pokemon Platinum Kaizo hack, as there are some underutilized strategies that could've fit with some bosses.

Unfortunately, editing movepools, wilds, and rematches for Emerald Kaizo took its time and toll on me. I don't have the free time anymore.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but once I have some time for hobbies, I might work on Platinum Kaizo. The issues really are the default movesets of 493 pokemon; by far my biggest issue to edit, making Team Galactic more space themed pokemon than generic bad guy mons, spreading out wild mons, some event Legendaries, playtesting moves of bosses, level curve, and virtually no map changes thankfully, and to Cynthia's credit, I have no idea how to improve her team; it is really that good.

Once I get some free time, I'll get started.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 15, 2022
Dear SinisterHoodedFigure, I have beat Kaizo Emerald.

I absolutely loved this rom hack, every moment had me feeling some sort of emotion (frustration, immense sadness and depression and joy). This has been my favorite play through of any pokemon game I have ever touched and I tried to not have super overleveled pokemon for my run, at most I was 5-6 levels ahead. I will be talking about the game so uh heres your spoiler warning.

There were a few parts of the game that felt way harder than other parts, and a few that felt super easy I also built a super team for the end game and still had a pretty rough time. My ending team consisted of: Gengar,Houndoom,Salamence,Cradily(<3),metagross, and lanturn. I switched up my team alot of times, I even ditched my mudkip before the second route. The first three gyms felt super difficult, the fourth gym was crazy hard for me, the drought was brutal, and along with the solarbeams I had to create a specific strategy for Flannery. The fifth gym was awesome, I super enjoyed all of the battles along with the Norman fight which was superb. The Winnona fight was super easy and left me wanting more from it however, It might have been my team which boasted 3 rockslides though. The seventh gym was a PAIN. I had to completely change my team and grind up some new pokemon just to stand a chance at beating her. The Eighth gym was super cool as well, it felt similar to the fifth gym in which the trainers were also super hard I also super enjoyed the surprise at the end of that gym. The elite four felt pretty difficult, once again im not sure if it was my team but the first three fights were super underwhelming. Drake got rolled but I could see how he was diffuicult, steven was HARD. I was still let down though. I felt the game was super hard, then it kept getting hard, then it got more hard, then it just stopped. I loved it though if you want to reply or email it to me I would love to share some more opinions or suggestions on the game.

There were also a few trainers that you might have accidentally skipped, The fisherman on the way to fortree city, and a few trainers after red in victory road

All in all I loved this rom hack, and its inspired me to create my own platinum kaizo hack, even though I cursed your name when I couldnt get thunderbolt,flamethrower and icebeam, thanks SinisterHoodedFigure.

my account is new so i cant post links but just remove the spaces h ttp ://img ur.com /a/ dST QH

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Dear SinisterHoodedFigure, I have beat Kaizo Emerald.

I absolutely loved this rom hack, every moment had me feeling some sort of emotion (frustration, immense sadness and depression and joy). This has been my favorite play through of any pokemon game I have ever touched and I tried to not have super overleveled pokemon for my run, at most I was 5-6 levels ahead. I will be talking about the game so uh heres your spoiler warning.

There were a few parts of the game that felt way harder than other parts, and a few that felt super easy I also built a super team for the end game and still had a pretty rough time. My ending team consisted of: Gengar,Houndoom,Salamence,Cradily(<3),metagross, and lanturn. I switched up my team alot of times, I even ditched my mudkip before the second route. The first three gyms felt super difficult, the fourth gym was crazy hard for me, the drought was brutal, and along with the solarbeams I had to create a specific strategy for Flannery. The fifth gym was awesome, I super enjoyed all of the battles along with the Norman fight which was superb. The Winnona fight was super easy and left me wanting more from it however, It might have been my team which boasted 3 rockslides though. The seventh gym was a PAIN. I had to completely change my team and grind up some new pokemon just to stand a chance at beating her. The Eighth gym was super cool as well, it felt similar to the fifth gym in which the trainers were also super hard I also super enjoyed the surprise at the end of that gym. The elite four felt pretty difficult, once again im not sure if it was my team but the first three fights were super underwhelming. Drake got rolled but I could see how he was diffuicult, steven was HARD. I was still let down though. I felt the game was super hard, then it kept getting hard, then it got more hard, then it just stopped. I loved it though if you want to reply or email it to me I would love to share some more opinions or suggestions on the game.

There were also a few trainers that you might have accidentally skipped, The fisherman on the way to fortree city, and a few trainers after red in victory road

All in all I loved this rom hack, and its inspired me to create my own platinum kaizo hack, even though I cursed your name when I couldnt get thunderbolt,flamethrower and icebeam, thanks SinisterHoodedFigure.

my account is new so i cant post links but just remove the spaces h ttp ://img ur.com /a/ dST QH

Congratulations for beating Emerald Kaizo. There are still some postgame elements to it, such as Trick House to get access to Rayquaza.

I am confused though about the skipping trainers portion in Victory Road. I checked both Day/Night and regular versions, and they still seem quite unskippable.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Please excuse this double post, as this is a rather important IPS update. A potential softlocking area was discovered while trying to fix some surfing map graphics in Victory Road. This softlock will occur if you try to backtrack Victory Road without the Strength HM. I have fixed it so that you don't get trapped, fixed the surf map graphics, and changed just a couple of post game boss moves.

So this would count as a Version 2 of Emerald Kaizo, for both the Day/Night and Normal versions. And if anyone can tell me how I should call these 2 different versions to differentiate the two, please let me know, it is a tonguetwister for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
I have to report what I think is a bug.
Expert Felix in the Victory Road for some reason had all pokemon with single digit levels (7 and 8), not sure if this is supposed to be a joke fight or unintentional

edit: Cooltrainer Katelynn's Linoone also was level 7

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
I have to report what I think is a bug.
Expert Felix in the Victory Road for some reason had all pokemon with single digit levels (7 and 8), not sure if this is supposed to be a joke fight or unintentional

edit: Cooltrainer Katelynn's Linoone also was level 7

Yeah, these were definitely unintentional. I fixed and patched those levels for both versions today. Thank you so much for informing me about this; inputs like these are always helpful, and I would encourage more of these inputs. Gotta stop missing out levels out of the hundreds.

Only the rival past the weather institute has the five pokemon only because not only is this rival a pain to edit, but they put it in a location where rain weather is random, meaning 6 alternating teams would be undermined regardless of what I do, so I only had it as five because it wasn't worth it. There was a reason gamefreak messed up with the optional rival battle with the random torkoal.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
Finished Nuzlocking the game! I was surprised that you did the league with 1 death - but i somehow, with some major hax and luck did it with 0 deaths!

ok i did have 29 deaths for the rest of the game...

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
I beat Emerald Kaizo in Nuzlocke Mode - 29 Deaths, but none within the LEague.

Im not joking.Lots of Accuracy Hax happened

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 31, 2019
1) How Enter in The Trick House?
2) How Enter in The Flower Shop?
3) How complete New Mauville Puzzle?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 1, 2022
It's a good hack, but Elite Four and the champion are not really difficult like in kaizo editions. If you change to the correct pokemon, it won't be very difficult. Pokemon like crobat, regice, metagross, sableye, dusclops, dewgong, starmie, etc... are very easy to stop. Theese pokemon are individually good pokemon, nothing more. I recommend you to play the professional emerald hack, I have created it. I would like that you played it and told me your opinion. In the Elite Four you should notice you only have 1 team to defeat the 5 trainers (Elite Four and the champion), I have not seen that you have thought about. Anyway, it is a good hack, a really good hack, but it is not a hard kaizo edition.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
It's a good hack, but Elite Four and the champion are not really difficult like in kaizo editions. If you change to the correct pokemon, it won't be very difficult. Pokemon like crobat, regice, metagross, sableye, dusclops, dewgong, starmie, etc... are very easy to stop. Theese pokemon are individually good pokemon, nothing more. I recommend you to play the professional emerald hack, I have created it. I would like that you played it and told me your opinion. In the Elite Four you should notice you only have 1 team to defeat the 5 trainers (Elite Four and the champion), I have not seen that you have thought about. Anyway, it is a good hack, a really good hack, but it is not a hard kaizo edition.

And where am I supposed to find "Professional Emerald" exactly? My free time is kind of occupied with a nuzlocke.
If you found dusclops easy, that's just all the available Pok?mon for the bosses are, although there are some guys that would disagree with you that Emerald Kaizo isn't a hard Kaizo edition.
Perhaps the elite four is easier, but you mentioned nothing about the other bosses.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
Wy does Cansey/Blissey ave an exp yield of 1?

sorry for te misisn letters, keyboards not workin properly

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 4, 2021
Hey man,

I love your hacks.

I waited patiently for this one, but it seems to have a problem with the frequency of encounter on the roads, it takes way to long.

Is it voluntary?

Hey I've just started playing this Kaizo hack and I've noticed something....

is it me or is the encounter rate for pokemon lower than normal

I am too experiencing this and it is quite annoying. It sometimes takes me more than 15 seconds to find just one Pokemon. This bug makes me not want to play the game because I can't train and I can't find Pokemon to catch. Please address this issue!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2018
Back when I singed in this Forum, it was to pretty much make a game like this (all Pokémon up to Gen III available, higher difficulty level including Gym Leaders with 6 Pokémon each, little to no use of extensions etc.). A nice blend of chronic errors and little free time had me stop, though, so I'm glad I came across this as I passed by.

A couple of consideration on the Day/Night version after beating Roxanne, for what it's worth:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
Does this work on Windows 10? I can't seem to find a way to bypass the "how do you want to open this file" requirement.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Does this work on Windows 10? I can't seem to find a way to bypass the "how do you want to open this file" requirement.
It's a bit more complicated than that. First, you must apply this patch onto an Emerald ROM (which you must obtain yourself) using an ips patcher such as Lunar IPS. Then you can open the patched ROM with a GBA emulator such as VisualBoyAdvance.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
How did you get the right Hidden Power types for the AI Pokemon? I can never figure that out when making hacks myself.
Always thought it was only Hidden Power Dark.

Last edited:
Back