• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] how to edit help section ?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 25, 2020
I could not figure out how to edit this section in-game, ie how to add more instructions, keys etc.

Attachments

• cnt 1.JPG
    cnt 1.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 7
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
You'll need to edit Script Section Scene_Controls. It's not too bad, most of the work is done automatically, all you have to do is edit the @labels and @keys arrays. Labels is x, y, width the text is allowed to fit in, and the actual text. Images is just x,y, and the file name.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 25, 2020
I think that I had done something wrong, can you please check?
and can you tell me how to change controls?

Attachments

• Code- 1.JPG
    Code- 1.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 8
  • error-1.JPG
    error-1.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Well, for starters, you've missed a comma for the line with the F key image.
from your code screen shot, it's hard to tell which one is line 19, but I'm going to assume it's the one with the text "Press to Speed up the Game", which probably means you missed the comma on the end of line 18 too.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 25, 2020
yes, it is line 19 and now it is overlapping over each other any idea?

Attachments

• error-2.JPG
    error-2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 6
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
You should play with those x and y values some. Your V image has the same coordinates as the F image, and the text for both are pretty close too.
You may need to shrink the length of the text and images to fit all of those controls.

Back