• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbigman76

Elite 4 Member
Years
well i will be making a banner today after school. right now im in school and cant make one! i should have one soon.

Years
Sorry if you have answered this.. just to tired to read everything atm.. but is this music made on ACID PRO??

Also ive been watching this game for a long time, on your devain art for months :D
I like the screens, although haven't read the story yet :D to lazy atm but i will soon.
Also i love the music!!!!!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
One thing I have been wondering. Why are the shadows of your buildings right below the building? Rather then below and to the left?

Your lighting effects show light coming from the top right of the screen, but your building shadows do not reflect that. I was just curious if there was a reason for it or not.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Sorry if you have answered this.. just to tired to read everything atm.. but is this music made on ACID PRO??

I compose music on musescore, which is just a program where you simply have a sheet to input music, then eventually put it all into synthfont to apply the instruments sounds.

One thing I have been wondering. Why are the shadows of your buildings right below the building? Rather then below and to the left?

Your lighting effects show light coming from the top right of the screen, but your building shadows do not reflect that. I was just curious if there was a reason for it or not.

It's temporary for the moment, as I'll be scripting moving shadows for buildings depending on the time of day.

Also guys, expect an update on the antagonist design and some new music today. I have some things ready, but I'm just hoping I can get some more things together. So you can look forward to that.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
The antagonist theme sounds great. If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was made by a professional band. I'd say: keep it this way.

I love the battle screen. Very unique and creative. I also love the other screenshots, but that battle screen won me over (it's weird how the little things can make you love something).

Keep on going! ^^

Years
This is looking cool.

Just a question, would you like help with music synth? You seem quite good at the compositional side of things, but the reproduction of it through MIDI... eee.

Maybe, you could host some sort of contest to find someone to do it, uploading the MIDI (or notation if it isn't actually in MIDI format) and seeing who can turn your composition into the best-sounding version?

aka825

Online Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
This game will definitely win awards. I love it!

I sincerely wish you all the best.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
Man, you already have some AMAZING sprite artists, but i have the desire to help you guys out. I can make stationary pokemon and fakemon sprites. I dont have any experience with overworlds, but I can do trainers. I'd love to be able to help out on this one.

Lunacrest

has ninja'd: 2600
Years
This game...this...(is speechless for 2 hours, trying to find the right words)

It looks like the best game I've ever played in my life! No, seriously. It looks like a lot of hard work has been put into it, and the tiles and the maps, and the battle scenes all look absolutely GORGEOUS. I'm DEFINITELY making a Let's Play of this when the thing gets released. You deserve an A+ for this!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This is looking cool.

Just a question, would you like help with music synth? You seem quite good at the compositional side of things, but the reproduction of it through MIDI... eee.

Maybe, you could host some sort of contest to find someone to do it, uploading the MIDI (or notation if it isn't actually in MIDI format) and seeing who can turn your composition into the best-sounding version?

Well my composer is amazing at the composing end, he's just a little new to synthfont and such, but once he gets a bit more experience I have faith in him to revisit some of the older tracks and revamp them a little! But regardless, I think they're very good so far.

Man, you already have some AMAZING sprite artists, but i have the desire to help you guys out. I can make stationary pokemon and fakemon sprites. I dont have any experience with overworlds, but I can do trainers. I'd love to be able to help out on this one.

Well, firstly, thanks for the comment on our pixel artist team, which is mostly Scarf. As for wishing to help out, I can always do with another good teammate. But I wont be needing fakemon sprites, and for reposes I can handle them myself if I needed them, but I don't really. However, if you're quite good with trainers then you could certainly help with that. I reckon that there's other things you could do though, such as large pixel art for the starter selection and such. So, if you want to talk further, shoot me a PM or catch me on MSN, you can find it if you add me on PC. But yeah, you can totally help out I love your work. Thanks for the interest!

And as usual guys, thanks for all the great support. But now, I'm going to release a bit of the antagonists. I don't want to reveal too much since all the art has not been done as of yet. But I do however, have some music created by my fantastic composer lllWaysToEpica. I also have to preview our champion. So without further ado, here's a little update for today.

Update

Hearts - The female Grunts
The cunning and beautiful female grunts of Forever Lost's antagonist team will have you running in circles and battling your way through turmoil. Will you be distracted by their striking looks and sly ways? Or will you see past the card tricks and make them surrender to defeat?
9r0w3d.png

You can see the full sized art here.

Some music by my composer.

Champion Anastasia
24dq7va.png

The elegant and talented artist and musician. Her beauty and fierce attitude also comes across on the battling stage. Her power is amongst the greatest in the world. Her quest for peace and eternal euphoric tranquility in Hawthorn has been ongoing her entire life, she became champion so that she could ensure Hawthorn will always be safe. But this is not even her biggest task, some day, she will have to face the strongest trainer she will ever battle; you.

That's it for now guys, enjoy!

Last edited:
Years
WOW wonderful! I like the design, and the sprite :3

24dq7va.png
The Champion seems to be (maybe) based off you? or someone you know? Can't wait to get all the details on her. As well as (Team) Hearts.

Not much of a fan of the Hideout theme, but that's fine. It's better than anything Gamefreak has produced :)

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
As much as I enjoy the designs of the trainers, I'm not sure how I feel about them being edits of official sprites. Everything else in this game seems so...new, and these just take away from it.

I do love the music though!! That is one of the best things about this game. :)

Hourglasshero

General Concepts' Designer
Years
As much as I enjoy the designs of the trainers, I'm not sure how I feel about them being edits of official sprites. Everything else in this game seems so...new, and these just take away from it.

sorry mark but anastasia's sprite is made from scratch... it is not even an edit! XD and if u are referring to the grunt i checked the official ones and i can't seem to find any striking resemblance....

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years

?

I don't remember the official sprites all that much, but all these sprites look new.(minus the heroes ofcourse.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I understand where you're coming from Aqua, you probably seen that they looked so official that they had to come from official sprites! Nah I'm just kidding, though I do think that I will have the hero's sprited again at some point. But I'm aware that when people play games, they do not want to see sprites simply being edits or recolours of original sprites, when it comes to original characters at least. So we do our best to ensure that things can look as original as possible in as many places as we can.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I know Anastasia is an original sprite. However, I can't help but feeling as if I've seen the base of the other one somewhere in DPPt...

EDIT:
I've checked and I found out that there isn't a sprite with that pose. Maybe it was just the hair that was making me think of the female Galactic Grunt? Anastasia's sprite is perfect from what I can see. However, the grunt's sprite could use some work on shading. It almost seems like there isn't a specific lightsource and you've just shaded around the inside of the lines.

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
The boss battle song sounds like it's from pokemon, unlike the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back