• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I don't like shipping. Mainly because 99% of the characters are female. Aside from Cadance and Shining Armour, there isn't a straight ship that makes sense either.

Years
That's so true., that most of them are female. When I first saw Friendship is Magic, I thought there were no male ponies at all.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I've been in that situation sorta. Cept it wasn't for a movie like that and was only half the distance. Sucks living so far from anything and everything other than trees.
That's the thing, I live in Kansas City which is having it's own showing the following Wednesday. I'm driving solely to hang out with friends.

I don't like shipping. Mainly because 99% of the characters are female. Aside from Cadance and Shining Armour, there isn't a straight ship that makes sense either.

There are lots of ships that are hetrosexual: Soarn x Rainbow Dash, Flash Sentry x Twilight Sparkle, Big Mac x everypony

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey guys! Wanted to shift discussion a bit in regards to this article I read yesterday. How does everyone feel about the partnership ending? How do you feel about MLP possibly being hosted on another channel? Discuss!

My current work schedule will prohibit me from actually driving to San Diego to go see Rainbow Rocks, unfortunately (yuck, the next three sundays I got full shifts >__<), so I'll be the few who will patiently wait for the movie on DVD (I still have the first Equestria Girls on DVD, it is safe inside a box along with my other pony merch) OR LIKE LAST TIME, wait for someone to upload a clean, better-quality recording of the movie on Youtube, where I ended up seeing there. xD

Cadance x Shining = mah otp.

It kinda feels awkward to ship a female with a female, unless we're talking about it in a friendly way. Like for example, I ship Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but I don't like shipping them in a romantic manner. I think those two are better off as bestest of friends.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I ship two (or more!) characters together if I feel they get along well in a romantic way, regardless of what their genders are. For FiM, my OTP is Rainbow Dash and Applejack. Since the very beginning, I've shipped them, and I still enjoy the idea of that ship. I'm also like Rarity and Fluttershy together, but I don't actively ship them. I just don't mind reading fanfics about them.

With Rainbow Rocks, I'm probably just going to wait for it to be released on Youtube or rent it from my cable provider/Redbox.

Years
I watch MLP online on sites like dailymotion so i don't really have anything against it not being aired at Hub as long as MLP keeps airing and that it stays good.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Hey guys! Wanted to shift discussion a bit in regards to this article I read yesterday. How does everyone feel about the partnership ending? How do you feel about MLP possibly being hosted on another channel? Discuss!

I'm not partial either way. One possible benefit of the show being picked up by another channel is the potential for new viewers. A lot of cable companies don't offer the hub on their basic packages, but they do offer Cartoon Network for example.

However I don't think ponies are going anywhere. In the article on the Wall Street Journal, it says that "Hasbro will retain a large stake in the service and control six hours of daytime programming on the network, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m."

Since ponies usually airs during that time anyways. I doubt it will get moved to another channel.

It kinda feels awkward to ship a female with a female, unless we're talking about it in a friendly way. Like for example, I ship Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but I don't like shipping them in a romantic manner. I think those two are better off as bestest of friends.

I don't think that's shipping, that's just being friends...

Last edited:
Years
I just watched Equestria Girls. It's not as bad as i thought it would be, i actually liked almost every part of the movie (none of the moments included Sunshet Shimmer, i hate her). I don't really care about the Twilight x Flash ship, people that hate it are just being hypocrites because 99% of the fan ships are female x female. I still don't like the idea of anthro ponies though.

I wish we saw Discord or Zecora anthros (or something else like Spike?) though, maybe in Rainbow Rocks?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
As long as MLP is being aired at a reasonable time in Hasbro's newly limited programming, I'll be fine (unless I'm on a day, forcing me to record the episode). If the show does move into another channel, then I would suggest Nickelodeon since both CN and Disney XD have enough quality shows, whereas Nick has very little of them nowadays.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
On the Hasbro/Discovery Event:

From what I've been able to draw up and find out, the partnership may not/maybe ending. It is still heavily in the works it appears and if it does pass through Discovery Network will gain 20% more control over Hasbro, meaning its not really going to change.

The only reason why this is happening is because of both Disney Channels and Viacom Channels (Like Nick, Nick Jr.) which are still vase cartoon empires. Personally, I really love the Hub, all their shows and such. I mean really, all I watch is the Hub, NHKWorld, and Netflix. So my 'simple' life is complete this way. If MLP remains on the air and continued to be in production, I will have no problems.

However; if they can it without warning, I will not be the only one wanting to hunt down both companies and drag them to their graves.

Years
I changed my profile to show my new like for Flash Sentry. I also am beginning to like Sunset Shimmer more because of Rainbow Rocks, and Sonta Dusk for her ditzy behavior. Sonata Dusk is my favorite of the Dazzlings. Also my Pokecommunity name is SonicBlazePlatinum, but I changed it to SonicBronyPlatinum so it would still have the initials SBP.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In regards to the article I shared, I believe it does have a vast potential to gain new views. I guess the most important thing about it is that...the fandom will go through turmoil if MLP is no longer aired, but luckilly...that's not the case here! It does raise some concerns for after Season 5, but I don't think we should be worried. I can also understand the fact that not everyone in the fandom has The Hub, and it makes sense that MLP moving to a different network would mean more success. So, peeeeersonally, I am not really worried.

I'll also join CYD in helping the burials for both networks should said event happen. \o/

& yes. We need more HUMAN Derpy.

6e4.gif

Merchandise update: went to Walmart at 11 pm last night to buy a birthday present for a friend of mine, and I spotted this.

Spoiler:

The cost? $10. It was $20-25 before it got marked down for clearance. My reaction?

mlfw8996-1354746110855.gif

It is literally the most fluffiest plushie I've ever bought, and it's bigger than you see in that image. It's bigger than my chihuahua pup, and my youngest cat...and taller than my computer monitor. (I'd estimate about 1.5 feet). There was also plushies of Twilight and Celestia. I wanted to get Luna, but no Luna.

I also spotted a $4.99 Vinyl Scratch tin box at my werkplace yesterday. In fact, we have a craaapload of MLP merchandise that I reeeeeally want. Like a Twilight Sparkle toothbrush holder, MLP blindbags, as well as smaller plushies and pony toys (the ones that come with a brush to brushie their manes). I'm going to see if that Vinyl Scratch tin box is still there when I go later today. Because I waaaaaant iiiiit.

Houndour2005

Banned
Years

Do you like the original opening of the show? Or do you love the Japanese intro much more?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Video isn't showing. D: I assume it's this one?

I'm actually liking the Japanese version, heck...they made several DIFFERENT versions :o omg i can't decide which one I like they are all good.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalso, was anyone able to go see Rainbow Rocks this weekend? Hearing from a couple brony friends that it's as good as the first one. There's already the full movie link on YT so hopefully I can make time this week to actually watch it. lmao.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalso, was anyone able to go see Rainbow Rocks this weekend? Hearing from a couple brony friends that it's as good as the first one. There's already the full movie link on YT so hopefully I can make time this week to actually watch it. lmao.
No unfortunately, even though our mall's theater does those limited movie night events like they did with the new DBZ movie, they didn't mentioned anything about Rainbow Rocks, as far as I know.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^Yeah, they didn't, which sucks though.

HOWEEEEEVER. We do have a chance to see it! October 17th on the Hub. I'm super excited! I'm actually surprised that it's sooner than expected. Didn't we wait longer for the first movie to appear on Netflix/The Hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back