• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: To the Ends of the Earth [T] [OOC]

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Vi by Solar Snivy is accepted! While your SU could use a bit more detail, it met my minimums and so you're good to go. Vi's personality seems a bit different from what we've seen so far in this RP, so I'll be excited to see that. Unless someone else applies within the next 24 hours, we have all our members and the IC will go live by tomorrow.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Just tagging everyone to let them know that the IC is live and you're free to post! The last spot can still be taken until the end of the prologue, so if anyone wants it, now is the time to grab it.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Sorry to tag everyone again, but we have a Discord room for the RP now! Follow this link and contact either me or rikadventure to be added to the Ends of the Earth room.

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Hey there! I just found this forum and I was surprised to see one of the roleplayers here using some of my artwork (hosted on devart or tumblr) as an icon for their character (as seen in this post and this post.) Made my day!

Oh hey! Sorry that I didn't include your name, just took it from google without checking the source first. Glad to see you don't mind me using it though <3 I thought the art really matched my character's personality ^_^

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Oh hey! Sorry that I didn't include your name, just took it from google without checking the source first.
Ah, that's kind of discouraging - I thought you at the very least were on my deviantart. Please take the time to do so next time! Artists put a great deal of care and work into what they make, and they deserve sourcing.

Glad to see you don't mind me using it though <3 I thought the art really matched my character's personality ^_^
:t173:
I take it as a compliment to my art - although I admit it would have been more respectful if you'd done the above.

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
If anything I edited my application and pasted the link to your DA. Again sorry for not doing so earlier, I was a bit careless ^-^'

Afterglow Ampharos

Years

Quetzalli
The Oracle

lzJyqeL.jpg

Gold Pilot Extended
Escape Goat 2 playlist
Flare - Green Sun
Seclusion

[h2][/h2]

⌠ Age and Experience. ⌡

Her eyes and feathers show evidence of old age.

Most of her life has been spent using her powers to protect others - foreseeing dangerous events in time to make preparations, or using psychic abilities to lend protection.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Personality. ⌡

When she opts to remain quiet, the Natu can give off a mysterious air.

When she does speak, it's clear that years of experience and visions have blessed her with wisdom and ethics. She speaks evenly, with forethought, rarely raising her voice. She can even come across as a caring old lady, concerning herself with everyone's well-being.

Occasionally, a smile will play across her oft-pensive face.

In fact, it's not unheard of for the old bird to prod others with teasing that only an old lady can get away with.​

2hc4Riz.png

[h2][/h2]

⌠ Psychic Abilities. ⌡

Augury - Quetzalli has a vision that may depict past or future events.

Scrying - Quetzalli sees visions of what has happened to the target object/Pokémon in the past, or what may happen in the future.

Small Prophecies - Quetzalli glimpses a moment of the near future, and may use this knowledge in the near future to improve her reaction, her odds of survival, her accuracy, etc.

Mark of Vision - Quetzalli connects to another Pokémon's mind to perceive the world with their senses from their perspective.

Illusionary Senses - Quetzalli stimulates another Pokémon's brain, tricking the brain into feeling touches or seeing things that aren't real.

Telekinesis - Quetzalli moves an object or Pokémon with her mind, causing them to "float."

Telepathy - Quetzalli projects her voice into other's minds. She can sometimes read thoughts as well.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Combat Ability. ⌡

Lucky Chant - Quetzalli chants an incantation toward the sky, protecting her and her allies from critical hits for five rounds.

Peck - Quetzalli flies in the air, then hammers and jabs her beak into a foe.

Psyshock - Quetzalli gains psychic access to her opponent's mind, and tricks their brain into experiencing debilitating pain even though they are under no bodily harm. Psyshock inflicts physical damage, despite being classified as a special move.

Teleport - Quetzalli disappears from one location and reappears in another, so long as she can accurately envision her destination (e.g. through previous memorization or line-of-sight).

Magic Bounce - Quetzalli's ability allows her to psychically repel and reflect status moves. e.g. a move that would lower her defence, or put her to sleep.​

VbSDfKF.jpg
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Background. ⌡

Whether it was the Guilds, the Expedition Society, or just around town, it's likely you've heard this rumour, murmured between Pokémon.
Whenever the topic of the uncertain future comes up, someone will inevitably bring it up...

Rumours of an old bird who lives by herself on a rocky cliff.

Rumours that she could see into the future with her right eye,
and into the past with her left.

Rumours that remain alive to this day.

These rumours were not unfounded. It seemed this old Natu was gifted with abilities not only psychic, but precognitive. And she refuses to misuse such a gift - believing it is her duty to use the gift Mother Mew has given her to protect others.

Truthfully though, she was happy about the rumours. Most of them depicted her as a mysterious elderly bird with astounding precognitive abilities. Few knew her by name, but instead by the rumour.

And without those rumours, no one would know of her, would they? She would just be a lonely old lady letting her ability go to waste.

Members of the Guilds, or of the general Poké-populace would seek her out now and again, for her wisdom or for her talent of seeing events both past and future.

In time, they asked her to join the Guild, to fill a position of Oracle,
as she always had been to them unofficially. This is where we join her now, in the present day.

Her premonitions are one of their biggest defences against disasters, both natural and criminal.
Though she would also tell the pasts and futures of more personal queries.

She is usually addressed as Oracle or The Oracle.
Those who know her well, use her real name.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Childhood and Middle Age. ⌡

As a child, Quetzalli often used her precognition to cheat. Schoolwork, games, what have you. Sneaking peeks into the future even as a young chick proved to be an advantage she would often use unfairly, during the folly of youth.

Only as an adult did her ability to look into the past materialize, and at this point she worked as a historian for the Keepers Guild. Quetzalli loved this job, it suited her so well and she found it very fulfilling. She worked together with a dear teammate in the Artisans Guild, an artistic Dwebble who loved to carve. To this day, Quetzalli lives in a dome-shaped clay house carved by that Dwebble, and keeps many pots and sculptures made by her, to decorate said home.

But her temptation to cheat lingered, and she used it in the world of gambling. She was a clever bird, using her clairvoyance subtly to glimpse moments of the future of these gambling games, cheating the system in order to win. After being caught one too many times at each of the small gambling games around town, she was banned from each one. The Keepers Guild frowned upon this news, and asked her to resign. With her old way of life lost, Quetzalli chose to change her lifestyle, becoming a fortune teller and soothsayer for anyone who would visit.

She honed her craft during this time, and eventually, she was asked to see the future for a member of nobility, Jun Unfezant.
Telling him of his future is her biggest regret to this day.
As soon as she foretold a vision that disagreed with him - a vision of his defeat by the hands of a boy - Jun Unfezant went into a flurry, sending his warriors to kill this threat before it killed him. The casualities were heavy, and so is this memory on Quetzalli's mind.

Though Jun is now out of the picture, and Quetzalli lives on her own now, she is still wary of how others may react to her foretellings. She reminds herself she must always consider how any Pokémon may react and change the future, if she tells them what she has envisioned. She must act not only as a clairvoyant, but as a wise moral figure as well.​

k4nHnBb.png

[h2][/h2]

⌠ Goals. ⌡

Quetzalli does not actively seek any enemy Pokémon's defeat.
Ideally, she'd like to see peace between any two groups of conflict.

Protecting her "kin" is foremost on her mind, and if that means neutralizing a threat that looms in the near future, so be it.

Quetzalli has accomplished much she's proud of in her long life, though she still has one main life goal she'd like to attain, and soon: evolution. She feels that the form of a Xatu would befit her age, experience, and abilities much more.

She reminds herself she must always consider how any Pokémon may react and change the future, if she tells them what she has envisioned. She must act not only as a clairvoyant, but as a wise moral figure as well. Her decisions on how to react to the future that she's foreseen, may well end up changing the future.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Religion and Spirituality. ⌡

Quetzalli subscribes to the Mewish faith, a belief that Mew is the Mother of all Pokémon (and that Arceus only created the universe, not its lifeforms).

This faith emphasizes nurturing, protection, peace, and to some extent learning.

Her religious demeanour: Somewhat tolerant, occasional expression of beliefs, rare conversion, humble attitude​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Hobbies and Handicaps. ⌡

Hobbies: Fortune telling (obviously), philosophizing, reading, storytelling,
music and art appreciation, antiques, and oddly enough, gambling.

Oddities: Superstition, exaggeration, and eavesdropping.

Handicaps: One of the most obvious handicaps Quetzalli has is her age. She's old. Old enough that her body can fail to keep up with young people. Her mind is exceptional, but time has taken its toll on her body.

She's also a bird, which means telekinesis is the only way she has to hold onto things, unless she uses her talons, which seems to be frowned upon by some.

Speaking of being frowned upon. Some Pokémon choose ignorance over education, leading to ugly misconceptions about the Xatu's precognitive abilities.

Finally... as wise as she is, she has not gotten over her temptation to use her visions to cheat.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Core Traits. ⌡

Primary motivators:
Moodiness:
Outlook:
Integrity:
Impulsiveness:
Agreeableness:
Interactivity:
Boldness:
Conformity:

Peace, protection, understanding, wisdom
Calm, even-tempered
Hopeful, slightly optimist
Honest, responsible
Controlled, thoughtful
Warm, yet...
Reserved
Cautious
Freethinking​

OOC:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Quetzalli the Natu by ordinaryOddball is accepted! You've created a very mysterious character that I'd love to see in a scenario like this. Very detailed SU, you definitely went above and beyond the call of duty here and you addressed everything we discussed in PM. Welcome!
Uh... is it alright if I hop on? Not sure if this is closed or not and this looks pretty neat.
You guys sitll have one spot open? Mind if I reserve a spot?
The original plan was no, but I will open up two spots for you guys because this is set up in a way where the really doesn't have to be a limit. The more the merrier! However, there will not be any more slots after this, and I do not do reservations, so the spot is not guaranteed for you. But you should be fine if you try to get something done!

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
Species: Paras
Nickname: Goes by the nickname Twitch but a more offensive nickname used by those who don't like his species would probably be Puppet (Could be used as a derogatory name if need be.)

Ability: Effect Spore. "And so be it that anyone who chooses to strike you, child, will have problems of their own to deal with." [When a Pokemon makes physical contact with intent to harm they have a 30% chance to be struck with a status. 9% poison 10% paralysis and 11% sleep.]

Moves: Scratch, Stun Spore, Poison Powder, and Leech Life.

Personality: "I never wanted this to happen to us. You must understand this. However you must also never let this put you down. Go for greatness no matter what the cost."

Twitch was never one of the more outgoing children. He usually kept to himself, tried to relax and think about what his life would entail. He was told at a very early age what would become of him, the mushrooms on his back slowly draining his energy. He could feel it even now. Their influence over him drawing him toward roots and other forms of sustenance. They were looking out for him, sure, but the idea of them quickly taking over his whole body? This terrified him to his core. These thoughts never really left his mind but he hides them behind a mask of shyness, going along with his friends as if nothing was ever wrong but knowing that one day he would need to strike an agreement with the parasitic mushrooms that would soon become his closest friends. He could sure hope they were agreeable…

Due to his closest friends he finds himself cowering more often in the face of danger, the mushrooms on his back pushing him to run away from danger or possibly dangerous situations. He still has control but that doesn't mean they don't influence him. He also seems to enjoy going off to feed from the roots of trees and other means of food, making him a rather hungry little fellow indeed.

Appearance: Twitch doesn't have much that sets him apart except for the usual ribbon he'll get when joining the guild. Other than that he blends in rather well.

History: "You, child, are my legacy. I hope that one day you go out and convince the world us Paras and Parasect aren't just mindless tools to our mushrooms, more guardians and friends. I wish you luck on all of your adventures."

Twitch was born in the middle of a small forest within a group of other Paras and Parasect where he was told at a very early age what would happen to him due to the spores that had landed on him. The rest of the village seemed to take this fact rather well, some even forming bonds and agreements with their parasitic friends so they could work together. It was much like telling someone where to go in their eyes and they didn't seem to mind it as much as the small Paras did. He grew up to be a bit of a quiet thinker in the village, joined by two other Paras. They were a bit more outgoing and urged Twitch to have fun and enjoy life as much as he could.

As he grew a bit older he watched one of his friends evolve after he was done training and having fun. To worsen his fear or growing up, his friend was never really the same. He was tamer, more prone to spacing out and wandering off. He was at the roots of trees more and more often and never really played with them anymore. This startled Twitch and he pushed his friends away to slip into the corners of his mind. How could he have fun when time was against him?

It was a bright sunny morning when their mailbox was graced with a letter addressed to, surprise surprise, Twitch! The Wingull was sure to make quite a racket about it as well so that the lost little Pokemon would come and get this mail. He opened it and it read

Dear Twitch,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted as an apprentice at Wigglytuff's Guild. Please make your way to Treasure Town as soon as possible so we can begin your training.

Sincerely,

Chatot

He'd been accepted for something? Something big too it seemed. He contemplated joining for a while, looking out onto his village. He couldn't run from his future but that didn't mean he needed to be surrounded by constant reminders of what he would become. He held the letter up high and smiled for the first time in quite a long while. "Time to do something about this."

(Can't post links yet. No pictures for now though it is just Paras so look it up on Google. Quite a few cute ones out there.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Quetzalli the Natu by ordinaryOddball is accepted! You've created a very mysterious character that I'd love to see in a scenario like this. Very detailed SU, you definitely went above and beyond the call of duty here and you addressed everything we discussed in PM. Welcome!
Thank you. It helps that I've played Quetzalli before as a Xatu in an Expedition Society setting and also in a one-off PTU "For the Birds."

With your permission, I'd like to evolve her as soon as it becomes plot plausible.
Ability: Effect Spore. "And so be it that anyone who chooses to strike you, child, will have problems of their own to deal with."
[...]
History: "You, child, are my legacy. I hope that one day you go out and convince the world us Paras and Parasect aren't just mindless tools to our mushrooms, more guardians and friends. I wish you luck on all of your adventures."
[...]
(Can't post links yet. No pictures for now though it is just Paras so look it up on Google. Quite a few cute ones out there.)

You can always come back and post pictures in here once you have more posts under your belt.

For now I'll leave this here as a suggestion.

_046_paras_by_kuitsuku-d9hpbrn.png

http://kuitsuku.deviantart.com/art/046-Paras-573930707

Those quotes under Effect Spore and History - they're quite interesting. Was that something a parent or grandparent told Twitch?

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
It was a quote left from one of his family members yes but they're also important for who he is. They'll become more relevant later on but I don't want to spoil why. Also, thank you. That's the picture I loved the most :3

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
However, there will not be any more slots after this, and I do not do reservations, so the spot is not guaranteed for you. But you should be fine if you try to get something done!

So there's still a chance for my SU I've been thinking about? ;o

Back