• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
hi..
i'm working on a hack using the us sapphire rom
but when i try to use advance text, there's no text to edit o_O
i tried the leafgreen and firered roms, all the text is there
what can be the problem?
Not all text is there..
And DJEEEZ.. did you see the Search button.. you need to search your text and add it to the ini ;)

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
i did use it
but how do i know what text there is to look for?
would i have to play the rom and find and talk to the people one by one?

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
i did use it
but how do i know what text there is to look for?
would i have to play the rom and find and talk to the people one by one?
Errr.. yes :paranoid:
Why wouldn't you do that ? When you're hacking you need to know if it's good.. so YES, check it on the ROM with an emulator..
Btw, use caps when needed ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Hyunbin said:
hi..
i'm working on a hack using the us sapphire rom
but when i try to use advance text, there's no text to edit o_O
i tried the leafgreen and firered roms, all the text is there
what can be the problem?

You could learn hex and you would need a table file for R/S. The letter codes are in this document: http://www.4shared.com/file/8741394/9cd74154/allpurpose.html.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overclocked

Paired with......Myself
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 1, 2007
Do you know where the GAMEFREAK text is on FireRed? I'm using Hexecute.

Years
Ok, I've been trying for ever to figure this out, but I have not been able to succeed. What I want to do is Change some of the sentences people say in the game. I've read the Rubikon Tutorial, and I've followed the directions word for word. Everything was going well, until I came across this.

You'll need EliteMap now. Start EliteMap and load your ROM. Now, load the default map. In this example, it should be Littleroot. Find the person between the town sign and Birch's lab. If you ctrl-click this object, the script viewer will show you the following data:
'-----------------------
#org 0x14D6CD
msgbox 0x0 0x816AC00 '"If you use a PC, you can..."
boxset 0x2
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x816AC00
= If you use a PC, you can store items\nand
POKéMON.\pThe power of science is staggering!

Well, when I ctrl-click the person, the script viewer opens, but it's blank. How can I fix this? I really want to use ScriptED.

zak

xpert trainer
Years

mhmm i used to get that with elite map , it didnt show any text, now the tool doesent open my map!!!

Can any1 help me with this???
It just wont open my hack anymore , all i get is run-time error 63, bad record number....... its in the same folder as elitemap, it works perfectly with any other tool i open it with and runs perfectly on my emulator, whats going on???

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
mhmm i used to get that with elite map , it didnt show any text, now the tool doesent open my map!!!

Can any1 help me with this???
It just wont open my hack anymore , all i get is run-time error 63, bad record number....... its in the same folder as elitemap, it works perfectly with any other tool i open it with and runs perfectly on my emulator, whats going on???

Try downloading Elite Map again.

zak

xpert trainer
Years
hmmmm

Try downloading Elite Map again.

ok ill try , but it works with all my other roms...........

Edit : ok re-installed elite map , stil doesent work , patched it to a new rom , stil doesent work , its really anoying me now , can anyone help me ????

Last edited:

Boz

Smeargle Pwns You. :]
Years
Hey I searched, and found nothin :)
but here goes:
how do i edit the opening scene? I see someones where it shows like 'pokemon'
then underneath it says like, 'flibby lagoon' instead of emerald, I wanna do that :)

Overclocked

Paired with......Myself
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 1, 2007
Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm using unLZ on FR to change the male hero's sprite but it always stays the same.

Insomnium

♥ ~
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2015
This might be a stupid question, but where can I download ScriptED? I've searched the forums and looked in the Toolbox, but I'm having a hard time finding it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great! ~

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
can anyone tell me how to:
-edit the badges using TLP
-give my new maps new labels (without changing old ones)
plz help me if you can
Thankyou
(By the way i'm hacking RUBY)

Last edited:

Overclocked

Paired with......Myself
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 1, 2007
when you import the sprite make sure you select write to rom .
I do, I can even re-open unLZ and the sprites would be still there but I can't see them whilst playing.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
can anyone tell me how to:
-edit the badges using TLP
-give my new maps new labels (without changing old ones)
plz help me if you can
Thankyou

What game are you editing? If you are editing FR/LG, there are some map names that can be changed without editing the games. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any in R/S/E, and I don't know how to add them. Some editable names in FR/LG include all of the ones with "SEVII" in their names, as well as a couple of others.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
i'm hacking sapphire
can someone tell me how to move the starting place for the male and female hero after they jump off the moving truck?
in elite map the spots show up as squares and "BOY" and "GIRL" written there
but they can't be moved manually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back