• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Gen 5 Pokemon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Twas always Herdier for me. Fit the cool dog part perfectly. It's pretty good to use in battle too, luckily using it isn't really at a disadvantage in Black/White :) Haven't used it in B2W2 though so not too sure there!

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
Deerling/Sawsbuck, the seasons thing is kinda cool (even though it only exists in Gen 5) they are actual deer Pokemon which makes me happy :) and they are actually good Pokemon to use and not just gimmicks like GF has done in the past
Blitzle/Zebstrika, really powerful and awesome Electric type Pokemon, definitely good Pokemon to use
Druddigon, really cool powerful Dragon type Pokemon used one when taking on the E4 in Sun
Braviary, really powerful bird it sucks that it evolves real late but it's definitely one of the best Flying/Normal type birds
Gigalith, super powerful, great to use

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I do like a fair few of Unova's native Pok?mon, but a few stand out:

Deerling/Sawsbuck: I really like deer, and I find their "gimmick" with the seasons to be really interesting and unique. It works so well for deer as well, as they do live in places that see them all, and have to adapt to the vastly differing conditions. Their designs are great as well, with Winter and Spring being my favs.

Snivy: It gets a great ability and looks freakin' regal while it kicks your butt with a well placed Leaf Storm. I've always liked the whole "Smugleaf" thing, and just find its design pleasing.

Dewott: I was one of those people that really didn't like Wotter at first, but Dewott was a completely different story. In fact, I ended up using this line, mostly for Dewott, and had a great time with it. Such an underrated evolution line.

Purrloin: Though I find Liepard to be very disappointing stat and move wise, I still have a big soft-spot for Purrloin. It reminds me a bit of my cat when she was younger, and the whole walking on two paws thing is pretty cool. Plus, that cry is adorable.

Haxy: Using one in Black made me a fan; Aqua hit hard and was a key member of my team in the late game.

Zoura: I'm a fan of foxes, and really find the lines powers to be really interesting. I do prefer Zoura overall though; the mischievous yet cute design works so well for it.
I'm also a fan of Miniccino, Emolga, Ducklett, Reshi, and Meloetta.

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I'm still in love with the adorable Galvantula! I wish I could snuggle it and feel its cute little jolts of electricity~!

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years

Deerling/Sawsbuck: I really like deer, and I find their "gimmick" with the seasons to be really interesting and unique. It works so well for deer as well, as they do live in places that see them all, and have to adapt to the vastly differing conditions. Their designs are great as well, with Winter and Spring being my favs.​

As someone who also really likes deer I 100% agree
I just wish that they brought back the seasons instead of having only the spring version available

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I really like Druddigon for some reason. A lot of people dislike it's design, but I find it's awkward Gen 5 sprite movement and small wings quite endearing.

I always found Audino adorable as well; the move to 3D hasn't been kind to it though. {XD} Lilligant, Sigilyph, Scraggy, Vanillite, and Litwick are a few of my other favorites.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
There aren't many Gen 5 Pok?mon I like that much. Though a few I really like are:

Krookodile Line
Zoroark Line
Axew
Braviary

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
As someone who also really likes deer I 100% agree
I just wish that they brought back the seasons instead of having only the spring version available

I know, right?! They could put Winter in the colder areas, Spring in the early game areas, Summer in the forest, and Fall in the rustic/later areas. I totally see Winter living in northern Sinnoh (make it happen, remakes!)

I always found Audino adorable as well; the move to 3D hasn't been kind to it though. {XD} Lilligant, Sigilyph, Scraggy, Vanillite, and Litwick are a few of my other favorites.

You totally reminded me of Audino, Litwick, and Petitil's line! How could I forget them?! I even used Liligant in my Omicron run, and it was awesome; she saved my butt so many times!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2021
Reshiram is my favorite Gen 5 Pokémon! My 2nd favorite Gen 5 Pokémon is Zekrom.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I like Serperior because he is so pretty and I like Maractus because she defeats water pokemon so easily. Water moves always heals my Maractus which is so cool.

Back