• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hauyser

http://hauyser.deviant.com/
Years
Holy crap, this game looks awesome. I really can't wait for the release! Hurry! But don't rush it. ;)

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
heey, Wichu, I was wondering where exactly your progress is? I'm not asking for when it will be done and stuff like that, but like..where you are with mapping and eventing, that sort of stuff. Just curiosity :o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Mapping-wise, I'm doing the 4th town/city. I still need to make indoor maps for the 3rd, though.
I've done the events for the very start of the game; around half the routes so far have their trainers done, but are otherwise devoid of NPCs, which I will fix. The towns, other than the starting town, also need NPCs.

The major barrier to a release, though, is spriting. I'm doing OK with Pokémon front sprites, but I haven't done many back sprites yet. Also, switching over to the new OW style will take a while.

Finally, I need to sort out the rest of the menus to match the battle menus in terms of appearance and functionality. This is also going to take quite long, as there's quite a lot of menus to do... Load menu, Start menu, Pokédex, Pokémon menu, Items menu, PokéComm menu (similar to the Pokénav), Option menu... At least I thought to make a separate class for the buttons which can be used in all of them (includes stuff like fading out unselected ones and lighting up when you press C).

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
I thought that you were deep into this game

Lol. Well either way It's still going steady, and with everything he's put into this game. The wait will be extremely worth it. Can't wait to see what the first bit of the games like Wichu.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I thought that you were deep into this game

For how long he's been working on it? That is fairly deep lol. With how much script editing and eventing he's most likely doing, each area takes time and patience to make it good, and everything has to flow together.

You've got some pretty good progress it seems, especially with all of those custom systems XD

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Mapping-wise, I'm doing the 4th town/city. I still need to make indoor maps for the 3rd, though.
I've done the events for the very start of the game; around half the routes so far have their trainers done, but are otherwise devoid of NPCs, which I will fix. The towns, other than the starting town, also need NPCs.

The major barrier to a release, though, is spriting. I'm doing OK with Pokémon front sprites, but I haven't done many back sprites yet. Also, switching over to the new OW style will take a while.

Finally, I need to sort out the rest of the menus to match the battle menus in terms of appearance and functionality. This is also going to take quite long, as there's quite a lot of menus to do... Load menu, Start menu, Pokédex, Pokémon menu, Items menu, PokéComm menu (similar to the Pokénav), Option menu... At least I thought to make a separate class for the buttons which can be used in all of them (includes stuff like fading out unselected ones and lighting up when you press C).

I have an idea. When it comes to Pokémon front sprites (DP Pokémon only) try sketching their pose from the TCG. Then after sketching them, scan them (you can use your cellphone with Bluetooth and camera to photo the sketch and send it to your computer via Bluetooth) and sprite them using Paint.NET. Just a suggestion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I have an idea. When it comes to Pokémon front sprites (DP Pokémon only) try sketching their pose from the TCG. Then after sketching them, scan them (you can use your cellphone with Bluetooth and camera to photo the sketch and send it to your computer via Bluetooth) and sprite them using Paint.NET. Just a suggestion.

It's not the drawing that's time-consuming, it's the actual spriting. I can draw pretty well, so I don't need to copy poses from cards etc.

Oh, and TheRexion, I can't make the eyes any closer together without making it look really weird. If you can come up with a way, show me!

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Well, I can sprite pretty good with a base thing to look off of, but things like cards and such, not so much... lol, I'm better with basic lines :P

Anyways, it's nice to see this is still alive Wichu! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I can sprite pretty good with a base thing to look off of, but things like cards and such, not so much... lol, I'm better with basic lines :P
I agree, it is a lot easier when you don't have extra detail in your way. Most of mine are done from basic pencil sketches.
I wonder what's the resolution size for the DS?
Yeah, you shouldn't really be asking that here. But I'll tell you anyway; it's 256x192. You know you could just have measured a screenshot, right?

Oh, and this is my 210th post! I missed my 1000th, but this is good as well :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
Looks nice! The new pokemon look very pokemon-ish, unlike most hacks I've seen. Keep up the good work!

Atomic Reactor

Incase you didn't know, this isn't a hack. You compared it to a hack, so i assume you think it is one. Just trying to clear things up :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
I just registered an account to post this - this game looks amazing! So professional. I love how you are open to community suggestions and constructive criticism. It shows how committed you are to making the best game that you can. The new overworld tiles are really very nice. I like the detailed, desaturated style compared to D/P/Pt that are very bright.

I'm very excited for a beta.

P!chu17

Spanish Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2010
This game is really good. I support. I cannot wait for realese!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back