• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OOC/SU] Plague

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I imagined the same thing as Nakuzami, actually. xD Yes, you'll have to edit, Scarf. =P I SHALL FORCE YOU LIKE THE NAGGER I AM.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Lol, well I'm posting in a few seconds, AS SOON AS I ADD MAH STARZ, and then you all get to see the big BOOM and get mauled by zombies as you make your way to big BOOM. Ignore the big collapse though, you wouldn't be able to see that as it's in the west side. ^.^ Good luck with your zombie hunting everyone!

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
Years
I had my own bit of fun, I think people will go to the explosion over the fire though, since a fire wouldn't be too unexpected in zombie apocalyptica what with all the buildings falling into disrepair and such =P

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Um ok that was an interesting start... honestly a radio call out to all survivors would have been a better start (cliche' I know). Honestly I don't know how I'm going to make Magnus join the group since his main goal is to survive... which means STAYING AWAY FROM THE ZOMBIES. Going to zombie central with a few possible other survivors is honestly suicidal.

Don't get me wrong I want to join you but going to the explosion would be a complete 180 of the character's main goal. I'll try to think of a way to work it so he can join you...

You should have waited for the epic fireworks show to happen when we were already together IMHO.

Last edited:

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Um ok that was an interesting start... honestly a radio call out to all survivors would have been a better start (cliche' I know). Honestly I don't know how I'm going to make Magnus join the group since his main goal is to survive... which means STAYING AWAY FROM THE ZOMBIES. Going to zombie central with a few possible other survivors is honestly suicidal.

Don't get me wrong I want to join you but going to the explosion would be a complete 180 of the character's main goal. I'll try to think of a way to work it so he can join you...

You should have waited for the epic fireworks show to happen when we were already together IMHO.

I was about to say something similar, I'm trying hard to think of why my character would want to go there...I mean, she wants to protect herself, she doesn't care too much about the other people, and barring a sudden change in courage and an invasion of her 'home' at the ice skating rink, I can't see why she'd want to go there...thinking about what to do now, hmm.

Nakuzami

Years

I know, but that's boring and... *Must go ask Michaela if radios work* They probably do, but who knows, we're inside a mystical barrier XD

Um, well, since the explosion kind of attracted all of the zombies, you guys could get attacked by a bunch of zombies and stuff and get pushed towards where Destiny is, OR you could be one of the people Valiant the Unfezant spotted and followed him BEFORE the fireworks display. That way you wouldn't know that you were heading to your doom ^.^
Though if you guys really want, I could tone down the explosion a little.

Also, I might have been half asleep when I wrote the post, or just not thinking, and then just went all-out rather than doing something simple X3
Now that I am thinking... well, the only buildings I actually destroyed were on the west side, the rest are just on fire along with A FLARE BEING SHOT INTO THE AIR so that you guys know there's people, and for a big zombie fight. Don't worry, Balice won't run out of zombies anytime soon. Let's just assume it's the size of New York City or something.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Personally I think its best to bring the characters together first before unleashing h*** on them. Give the survivors hope... the finding of other survivors and the resulting morale boost before crushing it with a large event. Making them all feel hopeless once again...

Starting off strong is a great way to grab attention (it was a great idea for a o crud moment), but I feel like you started off TOO strong too quick. The way you wrote it kind of feels like your starting off with the Grand Finale... so everything after it will be less intense feeling unless you go the "must top my last event" route which means somehow you have to top the last big event and that can quickly spiral out of control especially with how big of a bang you started with. Just a normal walk in the park and o my gosh 100 zombies coming from all angles! becomes o look target practice we just took on 5,000 zombies while completely unorganized, and now we are organized those 100 are nothing more than our daily warm up... anyone want to get pizza afterword?

**NOTE this is opinion your the GM its your say in things, but I thought I'd say something since I honestly having a hard time thinking of HOW to make my character come to you while still acting like the desperate survivor... yes he wants to join others, but no one has any idea if there is STILL a survivor next to the explosion but what they do know is there is a MASSIVE horde of zombies there. Personally I would be running in the opposite direction. Following your bird pokemon might work until the explosion and then my character will instantly try to find the fastest and safest way once again AWAY from the massive Zombie homing beacon. So only hope there is he gets to the building as it explodes.... I guess I could work that.... but there is another issue with that.

Honestly depends on the radio... towered ones might work if the tower is still in the city and not damaged (like what radio stations use). Then you have your Line of sight ones... Radios do use batteries usually, and your the GM its your RP so you can say this and this will work.

I honestly wonder if this RP is going to kind of pace like the old Hunters of the Reckoning game on the Xbox where we start off fighting zombies but later start fighting all sorts of twisted undead soulless horrors as we look deeper into the cause and story behind it...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
@Stingray does make sense, I don't feel like fighting anything thats like Dead Island.

So how are we gonna do this? Should I edit my post to follow the Unfezant?

Nakuzami

Years
waiiiit I'm about to do something boss!!! As long as Nakazumi doesn't mind me meeting up with Kris

Tis fine. Although, Kris likely won't leave the west side and if you want to stick with him, you won't be able to have your awkward relationship with Miharu for a little while :>

@Stingray - I think that could work, big explosion could happen in the next post or two :3 That is if Jumbo, Zamorak, and Deep don't mind editing their posts? Either that or they could come after Valiant has met the other survivors and dragged them back to the hotel, that way they don't have to edit their posts? Any way is fine with me, as I DID do that a little early... What drugs was I on when I planned this out? Lol X3

Okay, so I have some sort of a skeleton of a new plan.
Survivors follow Unfezant -> Meet at the hotel -> After everybody's all like "Oh hai der :O" we can get attacked by a large horde of zombies(that 100 Stingray mentioned?) -> Destiny throws a molotov and something in a near building explodes(a survivors attempt at creating a defense?) -> THEN a bigger horde comes, about 500. We all run and hide/kill zombehs!
Sound good?

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
I might have to bail on this then and let one of the folks who wanted in but didn't get in take my spot, I guess I'm just not as much a fan of crazy killing of hordes of zombies...maybe I was misguided when I wandered in thinking it'd be more along the lines of survival horror, with the humans completely outmatched with us trying to avoid the zombies instead of going Rambo on the b*tches. xD But yeah, I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling it...not my type of RP I guess. Much less a fan of the video-game-via-type that this looks to be.

Best of luck, though!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
The 100 was an example :p

Also if someone has a high powered rifle it could penetrate a wall and hit a gas line or something. Being in an apartment building could mean there are gas lines running up to the various rooms for gas powered stoves and heaters.

Also here is my second character... no Pokemon but he himself is powerful. If he is too powerful/crazy/over the top its ok... I kind of took the original idea and took it up a couple (ok a freak ton) of notches and decided what the heck I'll post it and the worse that could happen is you say no and I tone it down or not use him...

@James in Flames Sorry to see you go I was hoping for a bit more of the zombie horror myself, but perhaps you should stick around for another week and see if it continues on this rambo path or if it becomes more horror like.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
I might have to bail on this then and let one of the folks who wanted in but didn't get in take my spot, I guess I'm just not as much a fan of crazy killing of hordes of zombies...maybe I was misguided when I wandered in thinking it'd be more along the lines of survival horror, with the humans completely outmatched with us trying to avoid the zombies instead of going Rambo on the b*tches. xD But yeah, I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling it...not my type of RP I guess. Much less a fan of the video-game-via-type that this looks to be.

Best of luck, though!

Well, this was more of a "let's introduce you to the zombies!" thing. You can take any approach with the zombies, you don't even have to fight them! (Although, you might want to...)

Well my laptop just died and I discovered that the charger for it was ripped in two! So, sadly, I can't really do anything now... Just pretend I edited my post, all of you may see Destiny's Unfezant. :3 I'll try to get back on soon!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years

Well, this was more of a "let's introduce you to the zombies!" thing. You can take any approach with the zombies, you don't even have to fight them! (Although, you might want to...)

Well my laptop just died and I discovered that the charger for it was ripped in two! So, sadly, I can't really do anything now... Just pretend I edited my post, all of you may see Destiny's Unfezant. :3 I'll try to get back on soon!

Well I think what he means is that the Zombies are honestly not that scary or threatening in this RP. Most characters seem content with cutting through them like a hot knife through butter, and single characters are taking out hordes without much trouble or even fear. Also most characters are VERY WELL equipped.

All this together makes the zombies not too scary so why avoid them when the best method would be kill them all because there can only be so many in the city. :p Also if we fight as a group we are going to either sneak by as a group or go rambo as a group and this group is looking very rambo like.

Now if you want a true horror that makes it more scary feeling I have some suggestions below:

Spoiler:

There is nothing wrong with a Zombie slaughtering fest (which is an action RP not a horror RP) but I think that is what James In Flames had a problem with. He wanted a horror RP not an action RP.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Bingo, I haven't got a problem with what it seems you want to do, it's just that I don't think I'd have to much fun, so it'd be better to let someone else in if that were the case. :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
@Stingray makes great sense, nice point. But I don't think having an X amount of ammo makes sense. I wouldn't say "12 bullets" I would say "A small amount of ammo" limiting some one to a set number makes it sound to much like a video game. I wouldn't make em sprint from miles away, only if you get noticed.

Also If you want a specific weapon make a Request. Don't go off and find an AK-47 in a trash can. Stay true to your characters personality, don't say that they are very brave then go and freak out over one zombie.

Play realistic, If your character is 16 if they find a working car don't make them a master stunt driver. they probably only have their permit.

In a nut shell, be realistic.

Ill edit my post later

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
@Stingray - Did you think that the plague wouldn't mutate? We have most of that covered, it just hasn't come to that point yet ;P

Aaaa ok... well I suspected with the hints in the story that things would get much worse. I honestly hope you guys have some monstrous undead in mind. Since its already been hinted at I'm hoping with the direction things are going this RP takes a real shift away from the standard zombie RP and into something much more twisted (still with undead but much worse than zombies... perhaps created horrors only conjured up by the sickest and most cruelest of minds perhaps). I look forward to what you have in store. I'm not quiting and honestly my second character was only made because of some of the other profiles and how this RP was set up. Neither of my characters would really fit in a survival horror as well (well maybe Magnus) and I don't feel like rewriting them :p .

Also did you notice I posted my second character?

PS I was only stating what I would do if I was making a horror Zombie RP... this is not my RP I was just throwing out ideas.

@Jumbo nope I would actually give you a number of bullets if I ran a horror survival RP... reason is small amount is too vague someone could always have that magic one extra bullet or "just enough" for a situation. Having a set number makes players more nervous... you count every shell and your forced to consider do I use 2 shells here or do I wait? O gosh I only have one shell left what do I do! People suddenly start treating ammunition like gold, and each bullet found is something to treasure... Honestly Video games are usually not like that since you tend to have enough ammo to just kill everything that gets in your path. The Sprinting from miles away is if someone does something dumb enough to make them sprint from miles away (blow up a gas station).

I'm not going to make said RP since I'm already GMing one RP and in 3 others atm... (and maybe a fourth). I honestly do not have the time...

Last edited:
Back